PDA

View Full Version : Feb. 1st - Who got their preview wave?

evenflow
02-01-2005, 10:21 AM
I got mine this morning

Slicker
02-01-2005, 10:23 AM
I got mine 2 weeks ago.:p:p

Kidhuman
02-01-2005, 10:26 AM
Not me, hit 21 WM;s today and they were as barren as the Sahara

tagmac
02-01-2005, 11:38 AM
Went to the local Target a little after 8 and got one of each. They had about 8 pegs full, but my guess is they'll be gone by mid-afternoon. Also the first time I saw the Clone Wars Greivous and Arc Trooper, but I skipped them, since I decided to avoid collecting the cartoon figures altogether. No sign of the Wookie super soaker or Anakin's ship, but I'm skipping those anyway.

Hopefully this is a good sign that come April 2nd, whatever I don't get in TRU (likely the Clone Trooper, since every idiot infirst is gonna grab multiples of them), I can hopefully grab at Target the next morning, as there was no one else in the store by the figures.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-01-2005, 01:12 PM
I got mine! Mumsy called from the Target back home and she said she hit "the jackpot." I took orders for folks and she scored about 4 Greivous, 3 Wookies, 1 Tion and 1 R1. Rock n' roll, baby! :crazed:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-01-2005, 01:20 PM
I got my figures like a week and a half ago. I haven't been to any stores yet today but I wouldn't be able to get the Anakni Starfighter anyway (no money until March, I spent it all on animated and preview figures!).

LTBasker
02-01-2005, 01:25 PM
They were supposed to be released today? Weird, I put my two sets in lay-away a couple weeks ago.

Ji'dai
02-01-2005, 02:27 PM
Didn't find a damn thing. I went to three Wal-Marts in three different cities in two states and did not see one preview figure.

jedi master sal
02-01-2005, 02:27 PM
I got GG and WW a few days ago. Tion and R4-G9 were picked up last night. Got the LEGO Anakin Starfighter a few days ago as well.

Already customized two WW's to have different fur color.

-Sal

El Chuxter
02-01-2005, 03:06 PM
I've found them all at Target, as have a couple of friends in the area. Despite the reports of WM sightings, I say everyone bum rush their local Target. Yeah boyeeeeee!

2-1B
02-01-2005, 03:24 PM
I found them at 2 different WMs in the past week but I only picked up the Walking Carpet and Grievous (why Grievous ? I have NO idea). I passed on Bruce Spence and the Droid for now. Perhaps later.

BobaPhlegm
02-01-2005, 03:45 PM
I hit 3 Wal-Marts, one Target, and one Toys-R-Us. Nothing. One Wal-Mart had empty pegs labled "E3 Basic Fig", however. An interesting side note, one Wal-Mart had OTC Lobots in the clearance aisle for 80 cents each! Any army of non-threatening cyborgs, anyone?

dindae
02-01-2005, 04:12 PM
I picked up the whole plus a couple of extra wookies at Wal-mart on the first stop. I didn't find the starfighter but I have seen anyone post that they did so I not going to knock myself out looking for it. I did check a couple of other stores. Target had figures but Toys R us did not. Both stores that had the figures had all four and in good supply.

CrunchyNug
02-01-2005, 04:15 PM
I got my set this morning at a Los Angeles Target. A friend of mine said that several stores were stocking the shelves last night too. I'm very pleased with these...except the new price. The packaging is really beginning to grow on me. I've got them displayed at work and so many people keep stopping by my office to have a look. People are getting excited!!!

ndjedi
02-01-2005, 05:17 PM
I got my 4 Sneak Preview figures last Sunday (Jan. 23) at my local TRU when the store opened! I did not find Anakin's Jedi Starfighter or the Wookie Blaster, as of yet.
According to StarwarsShop.com the Starfighter does not ship out until Feb. 8 and they have it priced high at $27.99. Toysrus.com has it listed at $19.99 but it says it won't be out until Feb. 8 as well.
If anyone finds the Starfighter sooner than Feb. 8 please post it on here!

Good luck to everyone else out there like me, who wants to buy the Starfighter!

Mandalorian Candidat
02-01-2005, 05:37 PM
They've been popping up at every store around me except for one particular WM. For some reason all the non-animated figure pegs were labeled as "2005 SW Basic Figure $4.74." I waited to buy them until this store put them out, which was this morning and I ended up getting them for $4.74 apiece. They rang up at $5.88, but after I mentioned the price tag difference she gave them to me for the lower price.

Has anyone else seen this at their local WM?

General_Grievous
02-01-2005, 06:07 PM
I checked TRU today. Didn't find any Sneak Preview figures (Have them on order anyway, should be here on Friday), but I did find the Cantina POTC wave there.

bobafrett
02-01-2005, 06:35 PM
Went to 2 Targets, a Wal-Mart, and a TRU but nothing at any of them. The Wal-Mart just had an empty pegboard, and the toy dept manager told me that they were supposed to get a display rack for the figures that would fit in that slot (big enough to fit about 8 pegs for figures). Same with two other Wal-Marts I went to last week.

MandalorianKid
02-01-2005, 07:27 PM
Got mine about a week ago at target. i didnt even know the preview stuff had an offical release date.

Val Da Car
02-01-2005, 08:31 PM
2 Targets = 1 Tion, plenty of Wookies, plenty of the General at one Target; 2nd Target had JACK SQUAT! (think of Chris Farley)
1 WM = Nothing new and Myo in the clearance aisle at full price.
1 tru = Nothing and I will never shop at the one on 27th street *MKE* again. (Rude stupid staff) "Star Wars is being Discontinued"

I called a 2nd tru and they FINALLY are clearing out the Green POTJ figure $0.90 each...YEA!!

What an idiot at the 27th street TRU.

"Steam released, valve empty"

aahhhh

Fluke Skywalker
02-01-2005, 08:42 PM
I got mine on friday (Target). I went out today to see if the Starfighter or Darth Tater was out yet and I was shocked to see that only one store I went to (Target, different one) even had any figures out. Now, they may have all been sold at other stores (Target was picked over pretty good) but I doubt it. Obviously struck out with Starfighter/Tater search.

Ric Olie
02-01-2005, 08:51 PM
I had to check two Walmarts and call two others but I finally found all four Preview figures. The Walmart pegs were nearly empty they only had one Grievous, two Tions, one R4 and four Wookiees. I was able to get the last collection of all four figures. I was planning to get an extra Grievous to open but I'll have to find him somewhere else.

The figures and the packaging look awesome but they are a bit hard lining them up on my wall with my other figures.

Didn't see Anakin's starfighter but I wasn't going to be able to buy it anyway so that's ok.

Val Da Car
02-01-2005, 10:46 PM
btw if hasbro is reading this....we are the best reporters that Marketing and Distribution that they have ever had.

Kidhuman
02-01-2005, 10:49 PM
btw if hasbro is reading this....we are the best reporters that Marketing and Distribution that they have ever had.

Next on HNN(Hasbros National News) SSG's state by state coverage on Midnight Madness

Val Da Car
02-01-2005, 11:16 PM
ooh oooh ...can I get on TV with a camera crew embarrassing me locally waiting in line for figures........I had better bring pictures of my nephews.

Sidiously Darth
02-02-2005, 03:43 AM
I picked mine up at around 12:30am, 02/01 from the WM I usually hit the most. The lady in toys had put 4 aside for me. No fuss, no muss. I was happy and she was glad to have 4 less figures.

BobaPhlegm
02-02-2005, 10:30 AM
I guess patience pays off. Three WalMarts, two Targets, and a Toys-R-Us produced just one Wookiee on a damaged card (I don't care, I open 'em!), the only figure left on the sheves at 5:30 p.m. at a Target. This morning I re-hit a Wal-Mart and a Target and found plenty of everything at the Target. If you haven't found them yet, keep looking. I'm sure they'll all be warming pegs soon.

bobafrett
02-02-2005, 10:53 AM
"Steam released, valve empty"

aahhhh

Ha, I love it, I need to use this method more often to vent! Speaking of which, the Target employee I asked yesterday, said, "nope, never got em in". I think he secretly is stashing them in the warehouse.

DarthQuack
02-02-2005, 03:28 PM
Got mine two days before Feb 1st. Haven't been anywheres else to see if anything else though. Wouldn't go to Tarjay though.....

kool-aid killer
02-02-2005, 03:35 PM
I only bought the Wookie Warrior and Greivious on the 1st. I plan on picking up the other two shortly, but im in no rush. I forsee the old guy in red to be a peg warmer much like AOTC's Zam is to this day.

JediBoulton
02-02-2005, 04:29 PM
Got all mine on the 31st as well -- at Target. No Blaster or Starfighter either. ALso -- I have not seend the LEGO's out either (starfighter or tie-fighter)...

Looking for the tiefighter -- it might be cool to have a light-up vader.

But it wont be near as cool as my CIII Vader !!

Sith Lord 0498
02-02-2005, 04:58 PM
Got all mine on the 31st as well -- at Target. No Blaster or Starfighter either. ALso -- I have not seend the LEGO's out either (starfighter or tie-fighter)...

Looking for the tiefighter -- it might be cool to have a light-up vader.

But it wont be near as cool as my CIII Vader !!

Toys r Us had the LEGO sets where I live. Try your local TRUs.

hango fett
02-03-2005, 08:18 AM
we got ours on the 31st except for tion. we found him on the 1st.
HF

Rebo's_Guitarist
02-03-2005, 09:09 AM
I got mine like 2 weeks ago. The R4 is either the shortpack or the most popular becaus eI have only seen a few of them, the wookie warrior is most plentiful.

Kidhuman
02-03-2005, 09:55 AM
The case breakdown according to EE is:

4: Wookie, Grevious
2: Tion, R4

Hasbro still cant pack a case even with the right amount of divisible figures. :yeesh:

plasticfetish
02-03-2005, 12:14 PM
Finally found Tion Medon this morning, and now I have the full set of four. These things have been pretty sparse around me -- and it's not like I have a shortage of stores to shop at -- it just seems that no one's putting them out.

I wonder if any of the stores think that they have to hide these 'til April for some reason?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-03-2005, 12:28 PM
Finally found Tion Medon this morning, and now I have the full set of four. These things have been pretty sparse around me -- and it's not like I have a shortage of stores to shop at -- it just seems that no one's putting them out.

I wonder if any of the stores think that they have to hide these 'til April for some reason?
It's possible. The Yakface WM set-ups show individual areas for the preview wave. Maybe the stores got them and thought they were regular ROTS figures, not to go out until April 2.

I never saw any of the AOTC preview figures until after the other ones were released, but I guess I got lucky this time. That, and an awesome new Wal-Mart Supercenter just opened near me a few months ago.

ronhudy
02-03-2005, 03:29 PM
Also got mine more than a week ago...

A Wal-Mart near my workplace had an endcap full of them...probably 100 figures or so with plenty of each figure.

Kidhuman
02-03-2005, 04:49 PM
I still havent found them and been to stores daily. Getting on me nerves.

ndjedi
02-03-2005, 05:33 PM
Found at my local Target today the Lego Jedi Starfighter & Vulture Droid for $19.99. I still have not found the SP Anakin Starfighter yet. This Target also got all the 4 figures in today, finally. Has anyone else been able to find the Starfighter yet?

jedi master sal
02-03-2005, 05:52 PM
Other than eBay, not in retail stores.

None of the big collecting sites have had reports of this being found.

I think Amazon has it available for pre-order for the 8th of Feb. Some other sites are saying now that it's being held back until April's release. Who knows...

When it hits retail, you'll know, because every collecting website out there wants the scoop on it.

Here's hoping it's SSG.

plasticfetish
02-03-2005, 10:48 PM
Maybe the stores got them and thought they were regular ROTS figures, not to go out until April 2.Exactly. Hmmm...

Tonight I did find preview figures and the Lego sets at a Target that had none two days ago, so it's possible (probable) that distribution is just really bad.

No sign of the Jedi Starfighter.

LTBasker
02-04-2005, 12:20 AM
Took a look at Wal-Mart tonight, no signs of either the Hasbro or LEGO Jedi Starfighter. Of course the LEGO JSF is understandable because this Wal-Mart is absolutely horrible with LEGOs, they didn't even get in a single OTC LEGO rerelease.

Jango Speck
02-04-2005, 07:26 PM
Anyone as annoyed as I was that they scotch taped the back of the card to the edges of the bubble? And those sharp points on the card sides- every figure out of the case had dings on the sharp points. Bummer.

plasticfetish
02-04-2005, 07:53 PM
Yeah, the "tape" thing is a bit lame. Mostly (to me) because they seem to have done a sloppy job on 95% of the cards that I've seen. It is possible to find a good carded figure, but you've really gotta pick through a bunch of them first.

-----

Still no sign of the Jedi Starfighter.

Turbowars
02-04-2005, 07:59 PM
I have only found the Wookiee and I am really disappointed in the card and bubble. I thought I might like them after I saw them in person, but I was wrong. The whole design is wrong as far as a SW theme goes. I can't wait for the SD Comic Con it ***** at the guys that approved this monstrosity. ;)

CooLJoE
02-04-2005, 08:18 PM
I was kind of bored today, so I wandered over to the local Target (well, one of them). Decided to check and see if there were any preview figures. Ended up finding LOTS of wookie warriors and 1 R4. So I grabbed the R4 and a Wookie Warrior. Nothing else though. Not even Lego stuff.

On the bonus side (and non-SW related), I found the 3rd Transformer Alternator (#3 Hound). Now I have all 4 that were released in the US. Sadly, there are like 9-10 total in Japan. Stupid Hasbro, I wish they would release those over here.

General_Grievous
02-04-2005, 09:46 PM
I finally got these today. The packaging doesn't really bother me, since I'm a loose collector, but it was a bit of a pain to open. Looking at them, they are almost a mirror wave of the Episode 2 Preview Figures. Think about it in both waves, there was:

A main villain in the movie (Jango Fett, Gen. Grievous)

A secondary character (Zam Wesell, Tion Medon)

Some type of warrior or soldier (Clone Trooper, Wookie Warrior)

and a droid (R3-T7, R4-M9)

Weird, huh? :)

Kidhuman
02-06-2005, 09:34 PM
6 days late but still got em. Yay me!!!!

Knightfall
02-06-2005, 09:48 PM
My Toys R Us had all four figures (but no Starfighter) last night. Opposite of some of the opinions I've read, I actually like the new cards--not better than the Saga/OTC card type, but at least I don't totally hate them. For some reason I pictured them in my head as being overly long and bulky, but they're really quite compact and very nice.

Wookiee Warrior is definitely my favorite. I'll have to get one of those. The others didn't impress me too much, especially Grievous, but in his case a better figure's certainly on its way.

Turbowars
02-06-2005, 10:15 PM
Finally found the figures at Target this past Saturday one full case then and today Sunday another full case. I ended up with 4 R4's, 2 Grievous's, 1 Wookie and 1 Tion Medon. I opened Grievous and 1 R4. The other R4's are for customs. To date I think this is the best Astro droid sculpt. I don't think it's based on the VOTC version at all. It looks all new. The middle leg feature works like a dream. Way to go hasbro!!

DarthQuack
02-06-2005, 10:22 PM
I will probably pick up a few more Wookie Warriors over the next couple of weeks, I don't see them flying off the shelves. Any chances that we think these would be peg-warmers at one point being priced like VOTC's?

Kidhuman
02-06-2005, 11:49 PM
Dont think they will peg warm that much. I dont htink they will fly off the pegs either. It will be a fair balance until 4/2.

Joshkj
02-07-2005, 12:38 AM
I got one of each and are keeping them sealed since they were so hard to find. Anyone found the starfighter yet???

aceguide
02-11-2005, 10:14 AM
I easily found mine a few days early at Wally World. I will eventually be picking up a couple extras - especialyl of the WW.

I have yet to see the starfighter in my area. Did bump into the new lego set though...