PDA

View Full Version : Me and my crazy dreams...

JEDIpartner
02-01-2005, 10:14 AM
Last night I had a really disturbing "X-Files" dream (Scully and all). I hadn't even been watching the show so I have NO idea where this came from...
================================================== ========

So... I show up as an agent for the FBI and there is a field of corpses where a UFO had been sighted. We find a young girl (presumably played by the fabulous Dakota Fanning) in the middle of all these dead bodies. The one next to her was a man whose body was still intact but a giant chunk of his lower right leg had been burned to the bone. She's the only one who lived. We take her back to HQ and are trying to figure out what happened. On the way out, Scully sees one of the bodies moving and they have the body med/evac'd to a military hospital.

The little girl eventually comes out of shock to say that she saw the UFO mothership, saw a flash of brilliant light and then she blacked out to awaken on the ship. Somehow she could see what was happening on the ground and all the people were catching on fire. The next thing she knew, she was back on the ground and saw the agents and the helicopters.

Scully rings and tells us to come down to the hospital because something's happened to the patient they brought in. We arrive to see that his flesh is breaking down and that, even though he has cellular structure and tissue fibre, there is barely anything holding him together. His name is "Robbie" and he is conscious and can speak a little but his lips are sticking together due to the consistency of his body tissue. His bones are basically cartilage. He tells us basically what the girl told us, but from a ground observer's point of view. He is so frustrated with what he is turning into that he struggles and rips his hands and feet off as he tries to break from the safety restraints. All of his bodily fluids start pouring out all over the floor and he dies.

We do some research and there seems to be a wave of sightings. The event where all the people got burned happened after the time between sightings in that area decreased. We notice that something similar is happening in another area so I am sent out there to investigate before the next event takes place.

I am driving down this country road where there is an occasional estate set way back along this one hill that is covered in trees. To my left is pretty much all grain fields. I come to a crossroad and have to stop. Another car is coming from my right. The car slows down to a crawl as it passes. Though I cannot see clearly into the car, I notice that the driver is looking at me. I take the plate and make of the car before it speeds away.

I continue driving down the road to this area where the UFOs seem to be hovering over from time to time and where a lot of the sightings are taking place. The road eventually turns into a driveway to a modest country estate that sits atop a hill.

I get out of the car and start walking up a gravel service drive. I see a gardener and call out to him. He looks up and scowls. I hear him muttering something to me but it is not in English. He turns away and starts heading for a shed. I continue toward the house and see a wooden staircase that leads to a lower part of the property behind the house. I decide to take it. As I am heading down, I round this corner and bump into a young man who looks like "Robbie", the boy we brought into the hospital. He stares intensely at me and pushes past me. I noticed that his skin is severely scarred. I turn around and call out, "Robbie?" He turns around, opens his mouth and out comes this deathly scream like the roar of a million people dying.

...then I woke up.

InsaneJediGirl
02-01-2005, 10:33 AM
Thats a pretty cool dream :D Maybe it is one of those "to be continued" type of dreams.I've had those,very weird,like they pick up night after night(TV show in my mind ;))

CaptainSolo1138
02-01-2005, 11:14 AM
The fact that you remembered that much detail amazes me more than the content, which was extraordinary to say the least. I usually only remember the basic plot and some random detail (i.e. the color of something). Let us know how it ends! :D

JEDIpartner
02-01-2005, 11:57 AM
I remember so many of my dreams in that kind of detail, which is probably why I am tired all the time. I really don't understand how they manage to be so tangible as if they were real experiences. I can tell you the exact colour of clothing people were wearing and how things smelled and what the flowers looked like.

CaptainSolo1138
02-01-2005, 12:18 PM
You should have some sort of sleep analysis done. Perhaps you're not completely asleep. That could explain why your tired after "resting" and it might help to explain why your dreams are so vivid. Maybe by being awake your getting more detail (because your concious) than the rest of us, who are so unconcious were drooling.

JEDIpartner
02-01-2005, 12:53 PM
My friend, Heidi, and I were with a group of people, taking a hike on a mild winter day. We followed this trail over a hill, into a deep valley and then back up another hill to a shelter of sorts. The shelter looked like a picnic pavilion but with waist-high stone walls around it. In the centre of the shelter were two large fireplaces that you could look into from either side. We had gotten all of our overnight gear set up and had a stew dinner. The group started cleaning up when someone said they saw a bright object fall from the sky. We looked over to where they thought it went. There was a bright glow over the hill from where we had come earlier in the day.

We watched it for a bit and then saw something start to rise from behind the hill. It was a huge black object with a strange glow and lights all over the surface of it. Suddenly, everyone started to feel what felt like sand being blown onto one's face by a strong wind. Someone looked over at another one of the campers and said that they were bleeding... like little cuts were all over their face. It was happening to everyone, so all of us ducked behind the stone wall. We stayed there until morning and packed up to head back into town.

When we arrived in town, we noticed that the place looked deserted. Someone the people were still injured from the night before so we headed for the hospital. We discovered that everyone who remained in town had holed up there overnight and the only power was coming from the emergency generators. We were in the basement at the time, but there were still patients on the upper floors. We heard screaming, so I ran up the stairs with several other people. The windows were shattering and that "sand feeling" was happening again. We got all of the patients out into the hall and called for others to help bring them to the basement.

There was noise coming from above, so my group went to the roof hatch and waited for whatever to come in while Heidi helped with the injured. We heard movement in the hall below and went back down after jamming the roof hatch shut. Apparently, the aliens had come through the window. We didn't have any weapons, so we decided to use the fire hoses to push them back. After a few moments, the aliens started to fall to the floor and die. It was later discovered that they had no immunity to the microbes that lived in the water.

CaptainSolo1138
02-01-2005, 01:07 PM
Maybe your dreams are actually signs from God (or whatever you prefer) that this particular plot would make a killer movie and make you a million bucks.

JON9000
02-02-2005, 10:01 PM
My friend, Heidi, and I were with a group of people, taking a hike on a mild winter day.
In Switzerland? :D

InsaneJediGirl
06-30-2006, 02:40 PM
Decided to drag this thread back up.

Last night I had a dream I was being chased by a white rabbit.Funny afterwords,but I woke up in the middle of the night because of it. Looking at dream meanings,the rabbit symbolizes transformation,white signals new beginnings,and apparently being chased by an animal symbolizes unexpressed anger. All quite interesting,,whether the symbols are actually "true" or not.

Or perhaps I've made too many jokes about bunnies and going insane with my friends. Its just decided to come back to haunt me LOL

Phantom-like Menace
07-01-2006, 11:36 PM
I had a dream with naked characters from Newsradio. It started out with that red-headed chick naked and washing her house, which means it started out bad. It then involved Andy Dick who was wearing a bathrobe that wasn't covering anything, which means it got worse. I woke up just after Maura Tierny pulled up naked in a car, so it at least ended on a high note. I truly wish I were making this up, though.