PDA

View Full Version : Wookie Warrior Custom Repaints

jedi master sal
02-01-2005, 01:15 PM
The first Wookie Warrior (left) is an untouched original, the second (middle) I tried to come close to how the actual picture is of the Wook on the card and the third (right) I cut off the braids and gave it a wash of Walnut brown. It makes him look somewhat like Chewie, though that wasn't neccessarily what I was going for. Just wanted a nice brown HUGE Wookie.

They are a little large to load (about 280KB)

http://www.geocities.com/swsalerno/WW_and_2_custom_repaints_SM2.gif

http://www.geocities.com/swsalerno/WW_repaints_clear.gif

So what do you think of the paint job? What I was going for with the middle one was the effect of blending the joints so they are not as recognizable as the original. In other words, if you see the original, the paint job is so bad that the hand to the arm to the shoulder never match up with regards to color of fur. I've fixed that with the repaint.
-Sal

Val Da Car
02-01-2005, 11:39 PM
Nice Work...looks like I am not the only Army builder/painter here.

Tycho
02-02-2005, 01:22 AM
Hey JediMasterSal, I really like those Wookiees also!

Nice job on the painting - especially the one with blonde patches.

I noticed you put the armor on the ankles. I'm going to try that too. I thought they wore them on their wrists. I suppose one can do both while creating a variety of Wookiees to fight with.

jedi master sal
02-02-2005, 08:41 AM
Thanks fellas.

Tycho, as to the armor, take a look on the back of the card. They are supposed to wear it as shin guards.

MandalorianKid
02-02-2005, 04:09 PM
looks great. same thing i do with boba and jango figures to build my mandalorian army

Slicker
02-02-2005, 04:11 PM
Boy, JMS you wasted no time in customizing these. Nice work on these especially the one blond patches as pointed out by Tycho.

Is it just me or does the Wookiee with no armor look like one of Chewie's parents from the Holiday Special?

jedi master sal
02-02-2005, 06:11 PM
Thanks MK.

Boy, JMS you wasted no time in customizing these. Nice work on these especially the one blond patches as pointed out by Tycho.

Is it just me or does the Wookiee with no armor look like one of Chewie's parents from the Holiday Special?

Thanks Slicker. Yeah, I figured that if I didn't take the plung and custom paint them now, I'd never do it or wait to see what future Wookiees look like. Hmm, since two of you have made the reference of "patches" and that was what I was kind of thinking when I painted him, I think that's what I'll nickname him.

Actually, the only parent of Chewie's we saw in the Holidy Special was Attichituk (sp?) and he was a balding off white color. (I've painted a Yarua to look like him.)

BTW, I highly suggest that everyone pick up a few of these figs. It's got great articulation. I can't see how they could improve too much. They could but not much would be needed to neccessitate a new fig.

jjreason
02-02-2005, 06:50 PM
Great job, Sal. I was wondering when I got this figure if the Wookies would be that large in the movie - whether Chewie was a "runt" or not, for lack of a better word!!! The dark brown custom looks great, that's what we should have got right out of the package as opposed to the paintjob we got.

Obi-Don
02-06-2005, 06:19 AM
Great job on the custom repaints! Like others I do my own too. There wasn't a big supply of clone troopers,so I repainted the red ones. I have about 26 of them. I to have started to repaint some jango's for my own army. I have only painted one wookie and that was a chewie two years ago to make one of my jedi warrors. He was painted gray with tan and black. I was very happy with it. I to will be getting more of the wookie warrors to customize. Like I said , great job. Its nice to know that others are doing the same thing. I have no buddies around here that collect,so I feel like the only one around here that does. Its been a long time since I have been back here. Glad to see everyone is still here more or less.

Joshkj
02-06-2005, 01:26 PM
I like teh only things i have custom painted is masterchief figs... i like the way my prieview figs look in the box

Joshkj
02-06-2005, 04:22 PM
Is it ok if i use this pick on the site im making i cant find a good pick of the sneak privew wookies???