PDA

View Full Version : Revenge Of The Sith Cardboard Display

bobafett07728
02-01-2005, 06:40 PM
OK. . . So I've seen all these pictures of the cardboard display that store have been getting for the Sneak Preview figures and it is friggin' awesome!!!! I haven't seen one in person yet (all the figures I have seen have been on the pegs), but I'm sure I will love it even more. I'm scouting the local stores with hopes of scoring one of these to display my figures with, but have yet to have any luck. If there are any fellow forumites out there who have the opportunity to get one of these (and for some reason aren't interested in keeping it) please keep me in mind!!! I'd be more than happy to compensate you, be it cash, or trade. Just thought that with the figures hitting today, I would put this out there and see what happens.

JEDIpartner
02-01-2005, 07:19 PM
You'd probably have to work at the store. Store managers are notorious for throwing things out rather than giving them to customers. I have twelve years of retail experience to back that up. :rolleyes:

bobafett07728
02-02-2005, 09:21 AM
Yeah. . . I totally agree. I worked at TRU during the SWSE, and I "rescued" many displays from certain doom in the compactor. I'm going to try to scope out a store that has a display, and when it is near empty. . . just bring the box up with the remains. Its worked once or twice. . . now its just a matter of actually finding one. . .

ledoux7491
02-05-2005, 11:05 PM
i went my local walmart in nj and i saw that they had the sneak preivew figs on display in the box and on the pegs and i picked up a set and then i saw the lady who works in toys and said im buy a set of these senak preivew figures and she said ok and i said can i have the display box for them and she said sure help yourself and i hung the figures out of it on the pegs and went to the front and paid for my figures and the mgr saw me and the display and said have anice day and i went home all ya have to do is ask no one here is really interested in sw so u can pretty much get anything here:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

Kyle Katarn
02-05-2005, 11:46 PM
Lucky you...well I'm kind of shy, but I'll ask if they can give or sell it to me...also I'm thinking that with the Ep 3 posters.

Kidhuman
02-05-2005, 11:58 PM
My Wal-Mart doesnt give squat away for displays. They had this real sweet mini tent display in biege, and it loked just like Tatooine. I asked for it and they told me no, it had to go into the compactor. I would have set up a sweet scene with it.