PDA

View Full Version : The Voice of the Dark Lord and the General

Imperial Monarche
02-01-2005, 07:06 PM
Maybe I've missed something somewhere, but who is doing the voice for General Grievous? I know Gary Oldman was on board for awhile until he refused to work in a non-union film...so, has anyone else been named that I may have missed? Also, is James Earl Jones still on to do a few lines for Darth Vader? I had heard awhile ago him saying that he was being asked to come back and do a few lines, but he could have been referring to thefew lines he rerecorded for ESB. Any thoughts???

Beast
02-01-2005, 07:27 PM
General Grievous is being voiced by John Rhys-Davies. Aka Gimli from LOTR's.

Yes. JEJ did voice about five minutes of dialogue for ROTS. But it's been altered and I believe combined with Hayden to make Vader sound 20 years younger.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

General_Grievous
02-01-2005, 08:32 PM
JarJar, Is John Rhys Davies doing the voice for sure? I've only read rumors that he's voicing him. When was it confirmed?

I just wish they got someone with a more sinister-sounding voice. Gary Oldman would have been perfect, it's too bad they couldn't get him. Or maybe Andy Serkis (aka Gollum) because he also provided the voice for the evil WitchKing in Return of the King, and that kind of voice would sound pretty cool for Grievous. But I'll wait to pass judgment on ol' JRD until I see ROTS.

Elliejabbapop
02-02-2005, 05:59 AM
John Rhys-Davis has not been confirmed yet.

El Chuxter
02-02-2005, 12:05 PM
Pretty late in the game for no confirmation. Mayhap Lucas is trying to keep him more under wraps than Maul?

Elliejabbapop
02-02-2005, 12:28 PM
There are still quite some things we don't know about ep. III

darthzirock
02-04-2005, 02:53 AM
Yes, there are some things we don't know ... but we do know who's voicing Grievous now!

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=26579