PDA

View Full Version : Motley Crue - Red White and Crue

Rocketboy
02-02-2005, 12:50 AM
Anyone else pick this one up?

I wasn't planning on it, but after checking out the track list, I realized two things: They had a ton of mutha lovin' awesome songs and, despite what I thought previously, I'm a fan of the Crue.

Shout at the Devil!

2-1B
02-02-2005, 01:22 AM
I'm in no hurry. I have all of the other releases and I'm not going to pick it up for the new tunes, at least not right away.

I love the Crue, I really do, but I just don't feel the drive to see them live anymore . . . unless Vince can improve upon his "singing" which basically comes down to him weezing through the lyrics, skipping every other word. Or so it seems. :ermm:

also, McMars rules ! ! ! ! !

El Chuxter
02-02-2005, 01:01 PM
This makes, what, 4 or 5 greatest hits by them now? I'll wait until it's in the used bins. :)

Vortex
02-02-2005, 05:29 PM
I picked it off at lunch yesterday. Its just another best of CD and I'm still bumbed that they haven't included Vincent Price's intro "In the Beginning" to Shout at the Devil...it was Price wasn't it??? Anyways.

Wasn't overly excited to see two song from the post Vince toons era, but what are you gonna do. Odds are it was probably put there to maybe spur some sales of that forgotten CD...what was the title again...

But its good none the less, beast shuffling CD in and out of the player.

2-1B
02-03-2005, 02:13 AM
Are you talking about the self-titled album with John Corabi on vocals ? I'm sure they dropped Holligan's Holiday on there and as far as the other one, I'm not sure . . . I'd have to see a track listing.

While it's not a great album, I kinda like the Corabi album. I own it and think it's underrated, if even only by a little bit. ;)

Vortex
02-03-2005, 09:18 AM
Yup, that's the one. The 2nd song is Misunderstood... I have the CD but its burried some where in the stack.

Granted it still is Crue, but it was a one time deal that didn't go over well. I thought they would want to sweep that under the rug, sort of like what Van Halen did with Van Halen 3. On The Best of Both Worlds 2 Disk collection...Van Halen 3 isn't even listed or shown they stop their history and CD listing at Balance.

But what can you do, both are good collections.

mabudonicus
02-03-2005, 10:04 AM
Maybe the missing album is "Generation Swine"????
The "new version" of Shout at the Devil on that disc was really good, don't recall the rest of it

El Chuxter
02-03-2005, 01:08 PM
I noticed "Bitter Pill" was on there, which I think was originally on their second GH compilation. That's good. I hate when bands release more complete hits albums and eliminate great tracks that were only found on the previous hits album.

"Glitter" seems to be missing, which is from Generation Swine, right? I don't have a lot of Crue albums. (It's a pretty corny song, so no huge loss.)

2-1B
02-03-2005, 07:50 PM
Well, I liked the Corabi album more than Generation Swine and yes Chux Glitter was on there. Wretched song. I hate it.

Hey chux, I was thinking the exact opposite of Bitter Pill being on another GH package - I kind of liked the idea of leaving it as a standalone on the Greatest Hits record so at least that one wouldn't be totally obsolete. What's more, they put the OTHER new one from GH, Enslaved, on this new one too.

Meh.

darthmotley
02-04-2005, 07:32 AM
Probably Not Even Though I Love The Crue, Have All The Cds, But I Did Download The New Songs. Sick Love Song Is Sick!

I Picked Up The Mcfarlane Figures Which Are Sweet!

darthmotley
02-04-2005, 07:38 AM
The Crab Rocked!!