PDA

View Full Version : Rare FF figures

vader121
02-02-2005, 01:27 PM
What are considered to be the rare/hard to find FF figures?

I have some that I consider to be rare/hard to find:
Weequay
Tie Fighter Pilot
Emperor
Vader
Garindan
At St Driver
Boba Fett
Tarkin
Malakili (Rancor Keeper)
Snowtrooper
Leia Hoth, Pote Snitkin, Death Star Trooper, At At driver = these were availbe thru the fan club so I list them last because they were readily available.

The only one that know of that I am missing is Sandtrooper. What others am I missing that are considered rare/hard to find?

bobafett07728
02-02-2005, 02:41 PM
The only one's I would consider rare are the Weequay and the Sandtrooper, all of the others were pretty easy to find at retail when they were released. I actually worked in a TRU that got those "rare" Collection 3 waves in abundance during a sale that had them for $2.99. We actually got the Sandtrooper in those cases, but he was only one per case. I only saw the Weequay once at retail, and that was at an Electronics Boutique. . . not many stores recieved that particular case. All of the other ones you listed are uncommon for sure. . . but I wouldn't put them in the same category as the two I listed. I'm reluctant to even put Sandtrooper in the same category as Weequay.

Oh. . . you are talking about the US versions, right? Otherwise, I'm not really sure. I would still say that Weequay is rare, mainly because all of us who can't afford the US have flocked towards that version. I don't think any other versions of the Sandtrooper exist, except the US version. I'm not 100% sure on the non-US versions though.

Bacta Beast
02-03-2005, 07:50 PM
I have to agree with fett. I remember getting sick of seeing all of those you listed with the exception of the fan club exclusives, Weequay, and the Sandtrooper. I never had any problem findin gany of the others at retail. I would actually consider the fan club figures to be more rare than those others also, because I'm sure not everyone who wanted them got due to the enlarged price, and the simple fact that many don't like to buy that toys that way (myself included, I hate ordering, I like to find my toys at retail.)

But I like to find out if anyone has ever seen or heard anything about a FF Ponda Boba. He's was listed in the slide holder checklist, but that's the only place I've heard of him.

vader121
02-04-2005, 08:45 AM
Well, all i know is that when FF were the thing most of the figures I listed here weren't easy to find. I only saw most of them once and others maybe twice.

I never heard of a FF Ponda Baba. I would assume though that all current figures at that time may have been considered for a FF card. They did card many of them at the time anyway.

bobafett07728
02-04-2005, 11:12 AM
But I like to find out if anyone has ever seen or heard anything about a FF Ponda Boba. He's was listed in the slide holder checklist, but that's the only place I've heard of him.

I have seen a mock-up with a Ponda Baba slide. If I can find the pictures I'll post the link. It definitely wasn't released. I kinda liked the Freeze Frames. . . wished they would've lasted a little longer.

bobafett07728
02-04-2005, 11:24 AM
All of this links I seem to have are all outdated, and no longer have the pictures. There was a mock-up of the Ponda Baba card, with a legitamate Ponda Baba slide and a Removable Helmet Vader floating around on the web some time ago, but I have lost track of it.

If anyone still has the pictures please post them. . . :D

Kidhuman
02-04-2005, 12:06 PM
Here (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2474&item=5953352937&rd=1) is a link to Vader Removeable helmet FF on Ebay...

bobafett07728
02-07-2005, 02:58 PM
Here (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2474&item=5953352937&rd=1) is a link to Vader Removeable helmet FF on Ebay...

I was talking about the mock up that had the Ponda Baba cardback, and slide. . . I'm still searching high and low for the pictures. It had a RH Darth Vader on it. . . but everything else was Ponda Baba.

Thanks for the link anyway. :D

bobafett07728
02-07-2005, 03:06 PM
The old "Collector's Database" has some pictures. They aren't the greatest, but there are some different views. Scroll to the bottom, and you will see the links. If I find anymore pics I'll pass them on.

http://systems.figures.com/database/index.html?page=detail&sdomid=5&sitemid=285

DTMAN
02-15-2005, 07:47 PM
Well, I believe the top 6 Hardest FF figures are:
1) Weequay
2) Sandtrooper
3) Capt. Piett corrected variant
4) Boba Fett
5) Garindan
6) AT-St Driver
Most of those listed were in one of the few cases Hasbro cancelled back in 1998 after initial shipment.

After that most are easily to find, but some collection 2 figures are becoming a little harder as time passes.

Thank you.

Slicker
02-15-2005, 07:53 PM
I've got just the Freeze Frame from the Boba Fett. Man, those things were too easy to steal.....er, I mean permanently borrow.:nerv:

I've 2 of those holders full of Freeze Frames and I only opened about 7 of them.

CaptainSolo1138
02-18-2005, 10:10 AM
I've got just the Freeze Frame from the Boba Fett. Man, those things were too easy to steal.....er, I mean permanently borrow.:nerv:

I've 2 of those holders full of Freeze Frames and I only opened about 7 of them.
What kind of jerk steals Freeze Frames?!?! :D

hango fett
02-23-2005, 10:31 AM
well, apparently, sandtrooper was hard to find because it is valued in the collectors book thing at 149. that and removable vader are both up there.
HF

Turbowars
02-23-2005, 09:50 PM
Yeah the only reason the Weequey FF isn't big bucks is because the Canadian version was much easier to find and it's the same frame. I believe the Fett, Sandtrooper, Tie fighter and Zuckuss are the most $

vader121
02-24-2005, 08:30 AM
Those so-called 'value' guides don't make a whole lot of sense. Granted the Removeable helmet Vader was one of the coolest FF's made but it was relatively easy to find. At least for me it was and I see it quite a bit at shows, etc.

Was Zuckess (vintage 4LOM) hard to find? I didn't have much difficulty finding him.

Slicker
02-24-2005, 11:31 AM
I myself recall seeing Zuckuss quite often in stores but it all depends on what region your in.

Lord Malakite
02-27-2005, 02:15 PM
Well, I believe the top 6 Hardest FF figures are:
1) Weequay
2) Sandtrooper
3) Capt. Piett corrected variant
4) Boba Fett
5) Garindan
6) AT-St Driver
Most of those listed were in one of the few cases Hasbro cancelled back in 1998 after initial shipment.

After that most are easily to find, but some collection 2 figures are becoming a little harder as time passes.

Thank you.
Wasn't there also a variant R2-D2 FF figure that was hard to come by?

And while we are on the subject of listing rare and uncommon FF, such as the unreleased Ponda Boba, it is only fair to also note the only two FF to be released without figures, Hoth Han and Hoth Luke, from the FF Viewer mail away. :p

Turbowars
02-27-2005, 02:33 PM

Yeah it was the Imperial type on the FF that was harder to find.

Hellboy
02-28-2005, 05:47 PM

Yeah there was but the only difference was on the slide itself like Turbo stated. The common slide said "Shutting down the Death Star trash compactor." The more rare variant slide had the word "Imperial" in place of "Death Star." There was also a Captain Piett with a sticker error listing him with a "Blaster Rifle" instead of the corrected "Baton."

I've actually almost got a complete set of carded FF figures including variants. The only one I'm missing is Weequay (American version) simply because I never saw him at retail and refused to pay upwards of $300 for him when I could get the Canadian version for $240 less.

DTMAN
02-28-2005, 07:37 PM
Hello.
Oh, the reason I did not mention the FF R2-D2 variant in my top 6 list was in the beginning it was hard to find.

However, they showed up again at KB Toys at the discount bin. I looked for it, but never found one myself until it was too late.

If I put up a Top 10, I would have listed it.

Thank you.

Turbowars
02-28-2005, 07:41 PM
Your welcome.

Bossk77
03-18-2005, 11:36 PM
What is the rarest FF figure anyway?

Turbowars
03-19-2005, 12:01 AM
The rarest released FF figure is the US carded Weequay.
The rarest unreleased FF is Panda Boba.

Sith_Hunter
04-12-2005, 04:26 PM
From what I've come to understand, the Sandtrooper and the Weequay skiff Guard were the only tough ones to come by in retail. However, now that they are no longer in retail, the rarest of the freeze frames would include the Sandtrooper, Weequay Skiff Guard, AT-ST Driver, TIE Fighter Pilot, Boba Fett, Garindan, Captain Piett w/baton sticker, and possibly the Royal Guard and Snowtrooper. By the way, I have 52 out of 56 of the freeze frame figures MOC, so if anyone has EV-9D9, Nien Nunb, Admiral Ackbar, or Weequay on a freeze frame card for trade, PM me. Please.......

vader121
04-20-2005, 09:20 AM
If you're still interested I probably can help you with EV-9D9, Nien Numb, & Admiral Ackbar. Let me know what you have available for trade.

morpheus282
05-19-2005, 12:26 AM
I think i have most - if not all - of the FF figures that were released. If anyone is interested, let me know and I'll dig them out.

Lord Malakite
05-20-2005, 10:38 AM
The Death Star Trooper and Ree-Yees were also rather hard to come by if you didn't buy them through the Fan Club.