PDA

View Full Version : Master Replicas Revenge Of The Sith On Sale Now

Bobbyg714
02-03-2005, 09:21 AM
Looks like the new Episode 3 stuff is available to collectors Society Memebers. Just got the Han Blaster.lol One thing I noticed is I didn't see any edition sizes for the ROTS items. Does anyone know that information?:confused:

Jayspawn
02-03-2005, 12:35 PM
I wondered about that. I also noticed that the Yoda Lightsaber is WAY more expensive than the AOTC version. Anybody know why?

Question for the Mods: Where did our general 'Master Replicas' Thread go???

Bobbyg714
02-03-2005, 12:48 PM
Jayspawn- excellent question. I posted to that tread the other day and now it is gone.

Chimera
02-03-2005, 01:20 PM
There are no set edition sizes for the ROTS "limited edition" items. My understanding is that MR will stop producing them when the demand has died down, and then release the edition size. The plaque will have only the piece number, so #150 instead of #150/1500

That blaster is awfully tempting...unfortunately if I buy that my wife will want the $1200 Louis Vuitton bag she's been eyeing....decisions decisions :)

Bobbyg714
02-03-2005, 02:06 PM
There are always knock off bags that look like the real thing.

Chimera
02-03-2005, 02:15 PM
There are always knock off bags that look like the real thing.

Ha, that argument wouldn't hold much water in my household...I'd simply get told that there are cheap plastic lightsabers available that look somewhat like the movie props. ;)

Chimera
02-03-2005, 02:18 PM
To get back on topic...does anyone know if MR plans to release Sith and Jedi .45 trio cases for 2005 as they did for 2004? It would be reasonable to assume they will, since they are releasing 3 Jedi (Yoda, Obi-Wan and Anakin), and 3 Sith (Vader, Dooku and Sidious), however nothing has been announced and I don't want to order the Obi and Anakin if they are going to do a set with free case any time soon. Also I wonder what's different about the EPIII Dooku that warrants a new .45 scale but NOT a new LE full scale.

Jedi981
02-03-2005, 03:01 PM
Will the new FX Sabers be improved?
MR's website description of ROTS Anakin FX saber: "New design is closer in look and feel to the size of a real lightsaber." And it takes only 3 AA batteries, not 6 like the previous ones.

Will the hilt size be much smaller than the other FX series, and will it be as loud or as bright as the ESB Luke FX I have? Can't wait for a review from www.sirstevesguide.com (http://www.sirstevesguide.com) on this one, as they usually do an in-depth analysis of the new FX sabers.
Anybody have any thoughts or comments?

Jayspawn
02-03-2005, 03:04 PM
The only FX saber I really want now is a Dooku FX. But they are neat though. I'm happy with my Vader FX.

Bobbyg714
02-03-2005, 03:36 PM
Ok one more comment on edition sizes. If the edition sizes are TBD why would MR need to have the red, yellow, green scale under the items. Aren't they meaningless?

Jayspawn
02-03-2005, 06:42 PM
You'd think so. But I think they're good anyways to let people know the status of them.

JediTricks
02-03-2005, 09:23 PM
Will the new FX Sabers be improved?
MR's website description of ROTS Anakin FX saber: "New design is closer in look and feel to the size of a real lightsaber." And it takes only 3 AA batteries, not 6 like the previous ones.

Will the hilt size be much smaller than the other FX series, and will it be as loud or as bright as the ESB Luke FX I have? Can't wait for a review from www.sirstevesguide.com (http://www.sirstevesguide.com) on this one, as they usually do an in-depth analysis of the new FX sabers.
Anybody have any thoughts or comments?
Hmm, I hadn't read that, will have to talk to SirSteve about that piece as both of us are FX Saber fans. If you could post about that question in our Toy Fair Questions thread in this section, I'll do my best to get it asked.

As for what happened to the thread, it looks like it just disappeared, I can't find it anywhere and the only staff who could do anything to it are Steve and myself, and I can't imagine Steve deleting his own thread.

Jayspawn
02-03-2005, 11:55 PM
I'm definatly getting the Han Solo ESB Blaster and the Master Yoda ROTS Lightsaber! Not sure if I'm going to order them through MR or not.

Chimera
02-04-2005, 06:58 AM
There is also nothing on the MR site to indicate that ordering any of the current "limited" editions will get you a year of membership into the Collector's Society. I will be disappointed if this is the case, CS membership was really the only reason I would order directly from MR rather than from an authorized dealer since the dealers are always cheaper.

Jayspawn
02-09-2005, 10:46 PM
Well I got my Han Solo Blaster pre-ordered through a dealer. Cant wait for April! Woooo, gonna be an expensive month!!!!

Bobbyg714
02-10-2005, 11:49 AM
Did you order the Yoda too? The only thing about dealers is the delay in getting the stuff. I am still waiting on the Stromtrooper Blaster I ordered via a dealer. And I still haven't received my replacement snowspeeder from MR that I sent back almost a month ago.

Jayspawn
02-10-2005, 12:01 PM
I didnt order the Yoda Lightsaber yet, because its WAY too expensive. Its more than $100 more than it was the last time. And I'm not buying into that. I need MR to give me a reason.

As far as Dealers go. I got my Stormtrooper Blaster for $70 less than the retail (MR's price) and I only had to wait an extra week to get it. I dont mind waitng a little longer to save a ton of money. And I sure did!