PDA

View Full Version : Carded Pics of Collection 1 Wave 2

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-03-2005, 03:17 PM
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/news?m=show&id=30971

Grr, I thought these would be featureless. Oh well. Anakin has the regular old Slashing Attack, and Tarfful's Firing Bowcaster isn't bad. I don't know how Obi-Wan's Jedi Kick or Yoda's Spinning Attack will work. Obviously Obi-Wan can't have leg-squeezing action, or he wouldn't kick; maybe it has something to do with his arms? I bet Yoda's feature has to do with his base. I guess we'll find out in April (but hopefully not on the 2nd!).

Kidhuman
02-03-2005, 04:15 PM
Look good.

General_Grievous
02-03-2005, 04:24 PM
That Tarfful figure could end up being one of my favorites of the ROTS line. Look at all that detail! :sur:

sith_killer_99
02-03-2005, 04:58 PM
Just what I've always wanted...a spinning top Yoda! :rolleyes:

Grrr.... :Pirate:

I thought Hasbro had learned their lesson from the soggy line. 99.9% of people HATE action features!

We HATE them!!!

HATE!!!

Anyway, I guess I'm not surprised by what old corporate execs think little kids and collectors want. :rolleyes:

Slicker
02-03-2005, 06:09 PM
These cards look different from the preview wave. I like the look of these cards as much as the preview ones so no biggie there.

ethansports
02-03-2005, 06:46 PM
Obi-Wan and Yoda look kinda crappy...Anakin looks pretty good. Still, I like the look of Coll. 1 Asst. 1 Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Yoda a lot better.

Anyone know if there are some online sellers who have any of the Collection 1 Asst. 1 figures like Obi or Anakin to people to buy?

Kidhuman
02-03-2005, 06:49 PM
None has these figures yet. Someone had an auction for the 1st 24 + 4 preview but it was a ship as they come in auction.

Bacta Beast
02-03-2005, 07:01 PM
Does Hasbro really think that some kids going to drop his Yu-Gi-Oh and Beyblades and plunk his money down for ROTS just because they put "nifty" action features in them?!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Bacta Beast
02-03-2005, 07:08 PM
Hey are these supposed to be Collection 1 wave 2 or something? Cause these don't look like the figures we've seen in other photos. Anakin didin't have a cloak and his face wasn't messed up yet, Obi-Wan didn't have posable knees, Tarfuls wasn't pictured, and yoda looks different as well.

AmanaMatt
02-03-2005, 07:20 PM
I am really glad I am not a completist anymore...

Of these shown, Tarful looks worthy of purchase. Yoda looks awful - as does the Obi-wan head - Anakin looks ok, but the paint ops look cheesy.

DarthQuack
02-04-2005, 09:34 AM
I guess they don't look that bad...

dindae
02-04-2005, 10:26 AM
As long as the feature don't get in the way of the poseablity or look of the figure I don't care and it may add to my enjoyment. These figure don't seem to be that bad unless you can lower yoda's arm or can't remove his lightsaber.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-04-2005, 12:04 PM
Hey are these supposed to be Collection 1 wave 2 or something? Cause these don't look like the figures we've seen in other photos. Anakin didin't have a cloak and his face wasn't messed up yet, Obi-Wan didn't have posable knees, Tarfuls wasn't pictured, and yoda looks different as well.
These are Coll. 1 Wave 2, as the thread's title suggested. In addition to these figures, there's an uncloaked Anakin with a Lightsaber Attack, Obi-Wan with Slashing Attack, and Yoda with Firing Cannon, all coming out on April 2. This is just Hasbro's grand old tradition of making the same characters in slightly different ways.