PDA

View Full Version : Will any figures come out early?

ethansports
02-03-2005, 06:49 PM
I, like most people, can't wait for Collection Asst. 1 (particularly Grevious, Anakin, Obi-Wan, Sidious, etc.)

I heard rumors that these figures were showing up at various Walmarts around the country. If anyone's selling them online, could you tell me where?

Kidhuman
02-03-2005, 07:35 PM
There was one report on GH I think that they showed up, but no, they normally will not get out early and if so, only by a day or two. Some people will auction them off on Ebay, but they cant ship them unitl April 2nd.

msjedi
02-03-2005, 10:32 PM
I noticed on TRU.com that they have four different Assault Vehicles listed with an availability release date of Feb 8th. They are as follows.

-Anakin Skywalker Jedi Starfighter

-Obi-Wan Kenobi Jedi Starfighter

- Tri-Droid Fighter

- Grievous Wheel Bike

CaptainSolo1138
02-04-2005, 11:08 AM
Hopefully it will be a repeat of Episode II for Slicker and I. We picked up our figures almost a month early at a Kohls in Michigan. No fights, no hassles, and no one trying to grab stuff from us. It took the edge off of Midnite Madness, since we each only had a couple figures to get.

JEDIpartner
02-04-2005, 11:30 AM
I find it completely hard to believe that some one found these figures in Minnesota or where it was. Having worked in retail, I can appreciate the manufacturers getting things to the stores so they have their shipments ready to go but two months is highly unlikely. I'd say about two to three weeks tops for something this huge. So... that falls in line with CaptainSolo1138's experience last time around.

DarthQuack
02-04-2005, 11:36 AM
I agree with what has been said above, until I see pics of someone with those figures in hand I will cease to listen to these rumors. :)

ledoux7491
02-05-2005, 12:17 AM
i know this is a little off topic here but i just watched the teaser trailer of rots and at frame by frame rate at 1:28 you can see anakins saber in obi-wans right hand but @ 1:29 and 1:30 its obi-wans a new hope saber in the same hand how are they gonna explain this it sure confused the heck outta me :D :p lol :confused: :confused: :confused:

Slicker
02-05-2005, 12:06 PM
Quite off topic yes, but I just watched it and that is indeed weird. Another aspect of cool about the movie.

Joshkj
02-05-2005, 12:22 PM
I noticed on TRU.com that they have four different Assault Vehicles listed with an availability release date of Feb 8th. They are as follows.

-Anakin Skywalker Jedi Starfighter

-Obi-Wan Kenobi Jedi Starfighter

- Tri-Droid Fighter

- Grievous Wheel Bike

I just saw this ttoo its a little odd since thhe anikin starfighter is already on starwars.com:ermm: :confused:

Joshkj
02-05-2005, 12:23 PM
It better not be a exclusive, I HATE EXCLUSIVES

Mandalorian Candidat
02-05-2005, 03:02 PM
I imagine that some stores will stock items early due to the occasional employee that didn't get the memo on incurring LucasFilm's wrath by putting stuff out before the release date.

I found the first 8 AOTC figures and 4 deluxe figures at WM (all priced the same oddly enough) about two weeks before the shelf date in 2002. I know at least two other people who came across them at different stores, also. If it does happen this time it will probably be right before April 2 and won't be a whole bunch of figures.