PDA

View Full Version : Toy Fair Questions for Master Replicas

JediTricks
02-03-2005, 08:25 PM
SSG will be heading to New York Toy Fair in a few weeks, and will have the chance to ask Master Replicas some of your questions. While it may not be possible to get all your questions asked, we will do our best to represent you, the SSG readers. So please post your MR questions here in this thread.

Also, if you have any questions of any other SW licensees you want Steve to ask, feel free to post them in here, just let me know which licensee you are addressing the question to so I can put it in the right list.

Thanks!

gsr-jedi
02-03-2005, 09:07 PM
Is there a chance that we'll see some other weapons in the .45 scale?

Why is the ROTS Yoda saber the same price as the others, while the AOTC version as $120 cheaper?

What will the Helmet Collection sell at?

Will we ever see a Qui-Gon saber?

How about a double sided Darth Maul Force FX saber?

Chimera
02-04-2005, 09:20 AM
I would like to know whether there will be 2005 Sith and Jedi trio cases for the .45 scale, and also what the differences are between the AOTC and ROTS Dooku sabers.

Sith Lord 0498
02-04-2005, 11:27 AM
Will they release the following lightsabers: Qui-Gon Jinn, Anakin Skywalker (AOTC), full-length Darth Maul?

Will they do an Asajj Ventress lightsaber set?

Any chance of releasing .45 scale replicas of their other SW catalog items (blasters, thermal detonator, Palpatine's cane/clasp, etc.)

Jayspawn
02-05-2005, 12:11 AM
Hell I can answer some of those questions now.....

There wont be any Lightsaber replicas for Asajj Ventress, because shes not an actual character in the movies unless she shows up in ROTS. Her sabers are not tangable.

There probably wont be any .45 scale replicas of Palpatine's Cane/Clasp. The Cane would appear as an unimpressive shiney twig. The Clasp would look like a dinky, shiney piece of plastic. A .45 scale Thermal Detonator would be the size of a marble. You would loose it too easily.

Anyhow, Everybody asked my questions already. Cant wait to hear what MR has to say. They give pretty good info.

Jedi981
02-05-2005, 12:27 AM
Will the new FX Sabers be even further improved?
MR's website descriptions of the new ESB Vader FX and ROTS Anakin FX sabers say: "New design is closer in look and feel to the size of a real lightsaber." Also, they take only 3 AA batteries, not 6 like the previous ones.

Will the hilt size be much smaller than the other FX series? Will it be as loud or as bright as the ESB Luke FX I have? If they're improved, I will definitely be purchasing at least one of the new ones.

Can't wait for a review from www.sirstevesguide.com (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/) on these, as they usually do a great in-depth analysis of the new FX sabers.

JediTricks
02-11-2005, 06:07 PM
Just to keep everybody in the loop, the deadline for questions is this Sunday.

JON9000
02-18-2005, 12:44 PM
Could we possibly get a Master Replicas "chance cube" for under $5000? :D

Jedi981
02-24-2005, 12:11 AM
JediTricks,

Since I don't see a post informing us that you asked MR questions at the Toy Fair, I am wondering how you made out with all that. Were their reps pretty friendly? I hope you got to see the new FX sabers. Are the hilts really that much smaller? They now only take 3 batteries, not 6. Also, are they any louder or brighter?

JediTricks
02-24-2005, 05:53 PM
I didn't make it to Toy Fair and Steve is either still there or on his way back, so we'll all find out soon whether we got answers and if Steve got to experience the new FX sabers (I hope he did).

Chimera
03-11-2005, 11:35 AM
Did we get the answers to these questions?? It's been a while since Toy Fair...

JediTricks
03-11-2005, 02:00 PM
We didn't, but we're still trying to get them answered.

Steve did get to see the new Force FX sabers, but said they seemed the same as the old ones. Same brightness and volume though.

Chimera
03-11-2005, 02:33 PM
That's great though if they can get the same brightness and volume out of 3 AAs instead of 6. I'm happy with that minor update :)