PDA

View Full Version : Toy Fair Questions for LEGO

JediTricks
02-03-2005, 08:31 PM
SSG will be heading to New York Toy Fair in a few weeks, and will have the chance to ask LEGO some of your questions. While it may not be possible to get all your questions asked, we will do our best to represent you, the SSG readers. So please post your Lego questions here in this thread.

Also, if you have any questions of any other SW licensees you want Steve to ask, feel free to post them in here, just let me know which licensee you are addressing the question to so I can put it in the right list.

Thanks!

Kidhuman
02-03-2005, 08:39 PM
what is planned after ROTS in the SW line?

Will they go back to the Yellow faced figures instead of the flesh colored one?

Any shot at getting more mini's?

LusiferSam
02-03-2005, 08:56 PM
Will they go back to the Yellow faced figures instead of the flesh colored one?
I want to know this too. Plus the "logic" behind this stupid decision and the names of the people who made it (hey one a can wish).

2-1B
02-03-2005, 10:12 PM
Will they make some Tauntauns ?

Will they make a Hoth droid scene with Diaper Luke, 2-1B, and FX-7 ?

Will they make an Ewok village ?

Will they make a General Lando and Nien Nunb ?

Why haven't they made any Tauntauns yet ?

DarthQuack
02-04-2005, 09:36 AM
Any chance of an Ultimate Collector Series Death Star?

Slicker
02-04-2005, 02:39 PM
I'd also like to know if they have any other plans for more UCS sets such as a Falcon, A-Wing, regular TIE Fighter, or Darth Vader's Helmet ala the Maul Bust.

Jedibill
02-08-2005, 08:49 PM
Why can't the ships that come with the R2 domes come with the rest of the body too I mean how much more could that cost 25 cents.

2-1B
02-09-2005, 01:35 AM
Why did they first now decide to go with a different flesh tone ?

Mandalorian Candidat
02-09-2005, 10:48 AM
I'm also for asking about the flesh tones figures. Maybe you can ask them if they're willing to supply replacement yellow heads.

I'd also like to know if the following are going to be made or at least considered to be made: Tauntauns, a Wampa, Jawas, Bespin Guards, any other sets with Lando (in case we can't get him cause the CC set is so friggin costly).

Will there be any more modular type sets a la Jabba's Palace and the two side kits?

JediTricks
02-11-2005, 06:07 PM
Just to keep everybody in the loop, the deadline for questions is this Sunday.

Kidhuman
03-09-2005, 09:52 AM
Just to let you know, the answers are in..

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/news/?m=show&id=31084

Mandalorian Candidat
03-09-2005, 02:49 PM
Big props to Jedi Tricks and the rest of SSG for taking and proferring our questions to Lego at the ToyFair. It looks like everyone's questions were asked and answered, although many of the replies had much to be desired. It sounded like Lego just didn't come really prepared to answer questions about possible sets or what they have coming down the pipe but they did stress over and over that they have plenty of time to make all kinds of new stuff and are doing it in a manner that we won't get inundated with really expensive sets.

The one thing I found totally laughable was the reply to the mini-fig skin tone question. Positive to neutral my arse! More like indifferent to boiling rage.

Slicker
03-09-2005, 05:36 PM
I really hate how these companies never give an exact answer. If you read all of the answers you learned absolutely nothing. Nonetheless thanks to the folks for asking the questions.

JediGoofy
03-10-2005, 03:32 AM
My compliments to JediTricks for the very good job! :)

So it was confirmed by LEGO itself the minifig-only packs were blocked due to contract limitations. :eek:

I wonder if clearance sales are not a problem for the company, who is going to lose the money when sets are discounted 80/90%. Does LEGO have a bigger margin than that? :confused:

Ciao,
JediGoofy

Kidhuman
03-10-2005, 10:10 AM
The palstic pieces probably cost 1 cent to make, so Selling a 1000 piece set for 30 bucks, still nets a 20 dollar profit.

LusiferSam
03-10-2005, 09:18 PM
The one thing I found totally laughable was the reply to the mini-fig skin tone question. Positive to neutral my arse! More like indifferent to boiling rage.
That's what I was thinking too. But maybe that's because I'm on the boiling rage side (too bad that's not a smiliy with a mushroom cloud over his head, that how boiling my rage is).

And I'll also add my thanks to the SSG crew for doing such a great job. And to Lego for answering our questions.

JediTricks
03-11-2005, 01:48 PM
Glad I was able to get your questions answered, even if the business world dictates certain types of answers. I was surprised about the MINI jsf answer, which is why I highlighted it in the preview of the story, and I was glad that Lego was able to give us a definitive answer on some of these things (let's face it, the pink minifigs are here to stay ;) and Hasbro makes us sadder Lego collectors). We weren't able to conduct this Q&A at Toy Fair, the logistics made it impossible, so that's why it's now a "Post Toy Fair Q&A". ;)

2-1B
03-12-2005, 04:43 AM
I don't dislike the flesh toned mini-figs from a Lego purists POV, I just HATE the idea of mixing the styles within my collection. I want to mix and match some stuff up (after all, we're supposed to build with these, right ? ;) ) and the skin thing is VERY odd.

I'm sure many of you will disagree but I actually prefer the flesh color and would have liked it from the start. But since they DIDN'T start that way, I don't think they should changed horses now.

Either way, I just want one style ! ! ! !

Thanks for doing the leg work JT, some of the answers were frustrating but like you said some of those responses were pre-fabbed from a business point of view.
Still, at least they were pointed and specfic questions, it's not like you just lobbed them generic "what's next?" softballs. It's nice to see specific characters/vehicles mentioned in the questions because at least it lets them know that people are interested in these specific ideas.

:)

JediTricks
03-13-2005, 10:17 PM
To be honest, I really tried to lob them "what's next" softballs, but even after a second editing pass it still didn't work. ;)

Proper credit on these really goes to Lego, they're the ones that did all the work. I merely put the questions together in a cohesive manner that tried to fit our needs as well as work within theirs, and Steve did the actual "legwork" in going to Toy Fair and getting all the ducks in rows (but again, that's also good on Lego since they made it fairly easy and already supplied us with the ducks :D Hey, I just remembered, wasn't the company's first toy a little yellow wooden duck?).