PDA

View Full Version : You Have Seen The Figures,Which Is Your Favourite???

GNT
01-03-2002, 07:39 AM
We have seen the following:

Obi Wan - Coruscant Chase
Tusken Mother w/child
Padme - Arena
Yellow R2 Droid
The Reek
Jango Fett
Shaak Ti

Just list them in order of your favourite(if any) to least favourite :)

Jek Porky 2002
01-03-2002, 08:17 AM
I only like Shaak Ti and Obi-Wan all the others look really cheap and the paint jobs look really thick.

JEDIpartner
01-03-2002, 12:10 PM
I like the Obi-Wan (and no... not just 'cos I'm a Ewan fan), Shaak-Ti, the "Tusken set" and the yellow astromech. You can go melt the other ones.

Jek Porky 2002
01-03-2002, 03:24 PM
Yes melt them!

derek
01-03-2002, 04:36 PM
none so far! :( they all look pretty lame.

GNT
01-03-2002, 11:20 PM
With all the stuff Hasbro puts into these figures,would they even melt? :p

Wolfwood319
01-04-2002, 01:01 AM
They all really look like trash. Unless they really change a lot, I probably won't buy any. They all seem to be in that really stupid action pose.

Obi-Don
01-04-2002, 02:07 AM
It is hard for me to say at this point. I won't be able to give my opinion until I see them first hand.

sith_killer_99
01-04-2002, 03:09 AM
I'm with Obi-Don.

I think I'll hold back 'til I have 'em in hand.:)

Then I will rip them open and examine every detail under a microscope until I have something to complain about.:p

evenflow
01-04-2002, 10:28 AM
I missed Shaak-Ti, does any one have the pic.

Ilike the Tusken w/ child.

bigbarada
01-05-2002, 12:25 AM
They're all terrible, no redeeming features or qualities whatsoever! First Eeth Koth, then N'SYNC in Ep2 and now this?!?!? Forget Ep2, bring on LOTR: The Two Towers!:mad:

browndroid
01-05-2002, 12:28 AM
i personally liked the jango fett

chewie
01-05-2002, 12:28 AM
I'm a Plo Kloon fan. I'll be getting him, especially since he has a force lightning attachment or something. I can have him shock Jar Jar to death.

GNT
01-05-2002, 12:31 AM
evenflow see my thead about all the new figures! You'll find a whole picture of her this time

What about all the new figures we've just seen?

CrossWizard
01-05-2002, 08:07 AM
Those little accessories that Kit, Plo and Shaak have look to me like deflected blaster shots that maybe can be attached to the lightsaber.

evenflow
01-05-2002, 09:38 AM
The new pics are pretty cool. I like most of them. Boba Fett is cool.

LTBasker
01-05-2002, 11:45 AM
The only one that looks good so far in action figure quality wise is the R2 unit. The others are all pretty badly done IMO, I mean, they're molded into a pose, and then they've got the basic articulation joints (give or take an arm swivel on a figure) and plus their hands appear to only compatible with accessories THEY come with, not others. They want to go from the POTJ line to...that. I think the Flash Back figs were better done than that. Star Wars is dying very fast... in several ways....and none of them care about it. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: ( <- Literally)

chewie
01-05-2002, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by CrossWizard
Those little accessories that Kit, Plo and Shaak have look to me like deflected blaster shots that maybe can be attached to the lightsaber.

Shaak Ti's definitely looks like a deflected blaster bolt, but look at the size of Kloon's "thing". Unless he's deflecting blaster bolts with his hands (like Vader). I still am hoping its a force lightning attachment.

Darth Evil
01-05-2002, 04:25 PM
I don't particularly like any of them, they all look cheap, no obvious articulation and are badly painted, most look like chunks of plastic, these better not be the finished figures!

Jedi Clint
01-05-2002, 09:10 PM
Although I am not extemely pleased with the action pose for Jango, I think he looks great!! Obi Wan with his magnetic hand looked good for a prototype. I actually liked most of the figures despite their action poses. My absolute least favorite figure is Anakin, although he does have the retro extending blade arm thing. Padme is a close second for least favorite. The previous picture of that figure looked much better.

derek
01-05-2002, 11:09 PM
this is the first ever toy releated post i've ever seen of yours in the year and a half i've been coming here. i know i probably missed some of your posts, but mainly your posts are film related. i was just wondering if you collected the stuff.:D

Jedi Clint
01-05-2002, 11:23 PM
Wow, I didn't think I spaced them that far apart! I do collect them. I used to be quite the completist, but I got sick of trying to find the needle in the haystack figures, so now I get the ones that I find on the shelves but they must be something that I consider unique and impressive (with a few exceptions...like Shmi....I mean I HAD to have the mother of Darth Vader action figure ;) ). I also started observing the entire toy isle when GI Joe and Transformers came back recently. Then there is my 12" Gunnery Sgt. R. Lee Ermey action figure, Jay and Silent Bob, He Man (re-release)..........uh oh........Yes, I liked the new prototypes enough to post my approval in this topic.

P.S. Derek, I got a excellent deal on the Outlaw Josey Wales DVD not too long ago :cool:

Tycho
01-06-2002, 04:13 AM
Zam Wessel impressed me the most.

Closely followed by Kid Fett.

Nice job!

Kit Fisto and Plo Koon look like they will also be something to really look forward to. I liked Captain Typho.

His blaster's shooting feature, and the Jedi's deflection blasts will both be fun to play with! It'll make for colorful displays, that's for sure.

JonoFett
01-06-2002, 02:35 PM
The only ones that look worth worth buying are the 2 secondary characters: electrocuted astromech and the Tusken mother & child.

As I have written elsewhere, the sculpts are very disappointing to say the least, so unless improvements are made my money will remain in my wallet. :)

jedibear
01-08-2002, 03:01 AM
...they're unfinished prototypes & as with alot of early pics that pop up of figures, the end results often look amazingly different.

I know I've felt that way about alot of the figures....saw early shots of them and kinda grimaced...than got my hands on 'em and was really impressed. For example, in the last year, seeing shots of the "Emperor's Wrath" Vader and thinking it looked kinda tacky, but when the figure hit the pegs and I opened it, it displays really well. I felt the same way about the Deluxe Maul (sorry, JT). Pics looked a little lame, but I really liked the figure.

The Action Collection really falls into the catagory of looking WAY better (most of the time) than the early pics we get to see...

So let's relax gang...in a few short months we'll have have some final figures to love (or hate) from the neww AOTC collection...and we'll see if the above theory still holds...

Okay...sermon off....back to the topic at hand...
My favorites....so far...

Zam Wessel (I'm looking forward to seeing idf the detailing matches the great cover shot of the latest Insider) Not to mention I think this character will make a great action collection entry (I'm already saying a little prayer in hope that her body will be more posable than the horrid one they used for Aurra Sing)

Shaak Ti (sp?) What is she exactly? An offshoot of T'wlek or something? Don't know, but she's got a certain elegance that looks pretty cool to me...

Kit Fisto...Talk about some kind of T'wlek overload! It should be interesting watching all those tentacles flying around!

As for the ongoing complaint about the extreme posing....granted, the splayed legs on everyone are a bit much (as well as virtually eleminating the chances for placing in any vehicles...) I don't mind them that much. The only thing I'm hoping is that perhaps Hasbro may offer up alternate sculpts later on of some of the more extremely posed characters in a more static pose (they certainly did for EpOne!!!). The biggest example of this need just from these pics is Jango Fett....there is no way this figure is going to slide into the cockpit of the new version of Slave One...

We'll see soon enough....

GNT
01-18-2002, 08:49 PM
Anyone like the new deluxe figures we've just seen?

CrossWizard
01-18-2002, 09:00 PM
Only Mace cause he doesnt have a wide spread leg pose but like other people have pointed out he does a great Spiderman impersonation.

By the way I was right about the whole deflected blasts that attach to lightsabers thing just like I was right about Obi Wan and Anakin having some sort of weird Force power feature by the way they were holding their accesories.

Jargo
01-19-2002, 07:52 PM
I showed all the pics of all the new toys to my partner and my brother, neither of whom collect or have an interest in toys. Both said that the Acklay was the best of the bunch. closely followed by the starfighter and Slave-1.

Both thought the figures sucked big time and both asked why they all looked like they suffered from rickets with the weird leg stances.

My brother said he would consider deluxe Jango only because it seemed cool to get so many little bits and pieces with him as opposed to the standard gun/saber and colored ice cream cone (blast effect). But wasn't sure the electronics was worth the extra cash it'll cost.

My brother also thought the flipping action bases on Obi and Dooku were the saddest attempt at a gimmick he'd ever seen. he didn't think any kid or collector would be fooled by such a lack of imagination or such an obvious ploy to get them to buy another resculpt.

My partner snorted derision and walked away muttering that I would be wasting good money on them. But added that the beasts were welcome to sit on a shelf above the PC if I bought them.

That said, I like the Mace figure, Zam and Tusken female w/ child. the others I vascilate on. Sometimes I look at them and they seem ok but then other times I look they seem half hearted attempts, committee made attempts, interferred with attempts. Like they started out as decent designs but got butchered along the way by company compromises. I'm desperate to see them in close up to see the details. I know there's a lot more to come so I'm not pinning my hopes on this small selection we've seen. I just hope that Hasbro has seen the negative feedback and acted on it with the upcoming waves designs. Hopefully by now they'll have got the message that most of us aren't enthused by this new direction they're taking. I can see this first lot pegwarming forever with the way so many folk are saying they won't buy them. I hope they put their money where their mouths are and stick to their guns. Wait it out and hope for better stuff in the fall, after the media frenzy dies down and the kids have had their fill of Anakin mania and bought all the clonetrooper room alarm sets they can and the million Amidala dollies and the interactive kaminoans and the Orn Free Taa projectile vomiters etc. Maybe then the toy companies will start putting out better more clearly thought out and decently designed merchandise that we will want and be proud to own as part of our collection. :o

InsaneJediGirl
01-19-2002, 08:07 PM
Orginally posted by GNT
Anyone like the new deluxe figures we've just seen?

Yeah,I like the Mace but not his Spiderman attachment,so I'll
grab a Luke Skywalker lightsaber and slap it in his hand.

The Jango Fett looks OK.I'll probably pick him up before I
get(if any) of the deluxe figures.

SithDroid
01-19-2002, 08:14 PM
I like the Tusken Raider w/ child the best so far. Then it would have to be Shaak Ti. But what I'm really waiting for is the N'SYNC Jedi's.:D Just kidding of course.:)

Tycho
01-19-2002, 10:43 PM
Jargo:

I agree with probably everything you said. However, I am going to be doing dioramas to recreate the movie with toys like I do for each installment of Star Wars. To accomplish this and plan out my purchasing, I've read through every spoiler outline of the film and totalled the numbers of each character I'll need.

That being said, I'll be using 26 Anakin figures, and 23 Obi-Wans, with 15 Jango Fetts.

There is some appeal in being able to buy different figures (of these same characters) to make these scenes.

However, I do not prefer or EVEN LIKE Hasbro putting out scene-specific figures immediately in the initial line.

I am in the extreme minority of collectors out there who are going to buy all those Obi-Wans. I appologize that I cannot join a fan boycott of these static sculpts, but I may buy very conservatively and wait for these things to hit the clearance bins before I amount to even double-digits of my Jedi and bounty hunters.

I am a fan of action figures, not statues (in spite of some being useful to me).

Now Han Solo Stormtrooper belt wasn't really necessary. They should have just released the CommTech Solo with an add-on accessory that he could wear well! (and they used to include 2 guns - Han should have the Stormtrooper blaster, and his DL-44.)

But for years, the fans had some choices for great Han Solo figures - we were all excited about Steroid Man when he first came out - because while his leg wasn't great - he was poseable moving in any direction you wanted him going - and there weren't any other Star Wars figures for years. But CommTech improved Han tremendously. Stormtrooper belt? I bought one of him because I had a '95 Han in my Death Star Display wearing that belt that comes with the Rope and Bridge Playset.

I bought ONE. Now how many Han Solo's do you suppose there are in my collection? What with recreating the entire Trilogy in permanent standing dioramas? Even I don't know - but for that outfit (the vest), I'd guess around 12 (and that resculpt was useful to me only once!)

From a pure focus on utility to me alone, I will purchase Episode 2's Deluxe figures (with those dumb flipping action bases) only if the sculpts are significantly different and useful to scene-specific dioramas I'm planning. If we are going to be charged $9.99 for those because they are "Deluxe" (read: part of Amnaman's and Bacta Luke's collection), then I'll get one of each and wait for clearance sales to up my numbers.

I'm a guy with 150 BattleDroids or more, and I got most of them for $1.42 each. On opening day (May 3rd 1999) I bought only 4 of them.

With respect to Hasbro's sculpters: I think Eeth Koth was beautifully crafted and will look great in the Arena Scene, but standing in the Jedi Council, he'll look almost ridiculous - but what is ridiculous is to need resculpts of secondary characters like Eeth. Making a soft-goods Obi-Wan for E1 I can understand - they wanted him so kids could use the figure with the vehicles, while giving all who appreciate good sculpting and an authentic look, the Jedi Duel figure with the right tunic sculpt. (You have to ignore the head. I shouldn't have used Obi-Wan as my example - "That looks like Obi-Wan?" Anyway, excuse my rant, but excuse me if I buy the figures and lots of them. Don't worry about me though. I'll get my initial figures, then wait for the clearance piles many of these figures are going to end up in!

What's my favorite figure so far? Zam Wessel. She looks great! Too bad I only plan to buy 5 figures of her and require all this other junk to make my scenes.

Battle droid OOM9
01-24-2002, 08:27 PM
I personally like padme and Jango Fett the best

I like Jagos sculpt and the ability to remaoe his armor
and padme s sculpt helps support the strong sexy charcter she is, plus she has a Battle droid rifle.

DagMarus
01-25-2002, 01:10 AM
Personally, I like the new Mace. The detail that there seems to be on the outfit is great. That and I LOVE MACE!! He's one bad mutha....well you get it.

Darth Ovori
01-25-2002, 08:34 AM
None at this point of the figures...:cry:

GNT
02-02-2002, 11:24 PM
More bigger pictures of the deluxe line carded have been seen,does anyone still like them?

Paul-Kenobi
02-02-2002, 11:34 PM
i love everything but the Tusken the new Maul they releaseing and Boba

Turbowars
02-03-2002, 11:47 AM
I'll pick up the Fett's and droids. I will leave all the deluxe figures to the kids. That's how I feel now. I'll probably buy them all after the cost goes down.

mark2d2
02-03-2002, 04:54 PM
R3-T7! And he's coming out first so Yee Haw!!! I'm stoked.

Runner-up -- C3P0. A popular figure to pick on to be sure --- but I believe that he's going to be SWEET in hand. . .