PDA

View Full Version : Topps ROTS Promo Card 2 - Anakin With Lightsaber

Bantha274
02-04-2005, 01:43 PM
Has anyone found one of these promo cards yet? I've spent several days calling/visiting local comic and hobby stores, searched e-bay, checked several major book stores, and no one seems to know anything about these, what they will be sold/offered with, or how to get them. The only clue I have is what was announced on starwars.com - they were made available at the end of January through retail and mass-marketing.

:confused: So what does this mean? Where and what should I be looking for?

Any help would be mega-appreciated. If anyone can lead me in some kind of direction, I will do my best to get several of these if I can find them and offer them to others here.;)

Thanks!!

Bantha274
02-05-2005, 10:00 AM
Hmm, this forum must not be very popular. Or nobody has any info on this card.

Oh well..... too bad SW.com is so friggin' cryptic with their info on these cards.
Still nothing on e-bay and I can't find a single message board on the net where someone has posted that they have found this card.

Maybe sw.com lied and they aren't even available yet?

Why do I feel like i'm talking to myself?

meh:dis:

2-1B
02-05-2005, 01:48 PM
I don't have a solid answer as to when and where P2 will be available, except for the vague "mass market" description.

I checked recently at the Non-Sport Update forums and have not found anything concrete there, either.

Bantha274
02-07-2005, 09:17 PM
Found some on ebay. Probly just go that route. They are pretty cheap and I can't find anywhere else.

At least i'll have the first three. I'll be at Celebration III to get the fourth. Hope to get several.

OC47150
02-08-2005, 07:28 AM
The promo card that was listed for Diamonds was P1, which most of us already have. I thumbed through five copies of Diamonds on Friday and didn't find anything.

I think word will spread on the net about P2, and we'll find out then.

2-1B
02-08-2005, 04:48 PM
I checked eBay and there are some P1 and P2 combos for 1.99 so if I don't learn anything soon, I'll probably just go that route.

2-1B
02-28-2005, 06:25 PM
Aaaaaaaand that's exactly what I did, I received it in the mail not long ago.

Very nice card, I love the action shot of Anakin saber swinging his way through the droids.

I also like how each promo card back has a different pose of Vader from the same photo shoot. Nice touch, considering promo cards sometimes have the same back.

OC47150
03-01-2005, 07:13 AM
So you got P2 off ebay?

2-1B
03-02-2005, 12:27 AM
Yes sir, I figured it was worth a dollar even though these are supposed to be free. :D

OC47150
03-02-2005, 06:59 AM
I have my eye on a couple of ebay auctions.

Bantha274
03-31-2005, 03:54 PM
I will be getting as many of the Celebration III Grievous cards as I can when I go. I'd be happy to offer them here for anyone who needs them.

Probably just charge whatever it costs to mail them to you.

I'll let you all know after Celeb. III.

31 HOURS TILL MIDNITE MADNESS!!!:crazed:

OC47150
03-31-2005, 04:00 PM
I will be getting as many of the Celebration III Grievous cards as I can when I go. I'd be happy to offer them here for anyone who needs them.

Probably just charge whatever it costs to mail them to you.

I'll let you all know after Celeb. III.

31 HOURS TILL MIDNITE MADNESS!!!:crazed:

A note regarding the C3 card: if the cards are put in the goody bags like at C2, make sure the card is in the bag. I came across several bags with the cards missing.