PDA

View Full Version : Is the DEATH STAR going to be in ROTS???!!!

scruffziller
02-05-2005, 10:45 AM
On that one website I ran across this picture, it isn't confirmed but it's lumped together with everything else ROTS and as being ROTS Pez dispensors.:crazed:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-05-2005, 11:26 AM
It's possible, but it wouldn't make sense. Like it was just sitting there for twenty years and the Alliance didn't even realize it. :p Because then they build most of a new one in four years.

Slicker
02-05-2005, 12:03 PM
When I saw those Pez dispensers I noticed that and really hope that it's in the movie. But unfortunately I think JJL is right in saying that it wouldn't just be chillin' in space for 20 years without anyone notice it.

Although the first item of a production run takes lots of time to build and this Death Star is obviously the first and we may just see the inner core being built or they could be building 2 of them at the same time and the Rebels just destroyed one of them over Yavin IV and the Empire used the other over Endor. That would be friggin' sweet.

General_Grievous
02-05-2005, 12:20 PM
From what I've read on the net, apparently the last shot of the movie is Vader on a Star Destroyer bridge overlooking the construction of the Death Star.

Joshkj
02-05-2005, 12:27 PM
Flipin sweet...Its coming out on may 5th right just double checking

General_Grievous
02-05-2005, 12:43 PM
The movie? No, it comes out two weeks later, May 19th.

Joshkj
02-05-2005, 03:01 PM
O no im thinking of the game

darthzirock
02-06-2005, 12:56 AM
The Death Star we see at the end of ROTS will be barely under construction ... the merest skeleton of itself. Obviously, that would make for a pretty lousy Pez dispenser! So, Pez (and quite a few other licensees, I'd imagine) are doing the "completed" version from ANH.

That Palpatine Pez looks a bit hefty, as have some publicity pix of Palps that have surfaced. I guess over the next 20 years, either the Dark Side eats away at Palps' excess blubber, or he goes on the Darth Atkins diet!

stillakid
02-06-2005, 01:07 AM
Forget the Death Star. The real question is will PEZ be in ROTS? :sur:

2-1B
02-06-2005, 01:58 AM

We can certainly hope so !

If they can slip a razor into TPM as a comlink, they can get PEZ into ROTS one way or another.

mabudonicus
02-06-2005, 07:12 AM
Maybe Grievous will be 50 % PEZ, ihis head will tilt back and throw "force bricks" at his opponents, that'd be sweet...

And from all the goofy things I've heard, I am under the impression that the Death Star was built at lkeast partially by Wookies, but that's just what I heard

Joshkj
02-06-2005, 01:58 PM
"Lord Vader here is one of our super defence turrets..."
"What is this"
"Uhh thats a stick launcher made by the wookies"
"FOOOL"
*Kills stupid guy by force strangle*
"gurgle gurgle gurgle"

The 'Xir
02-07-2005, 11:23 PM

Yeah! A Justin Timberlake, and ?Lance Bass? Pez dispenser will be hidden in the background! :rolleyes: Remember those rumors! :stupid:

CaptainSolo1138
02-08-2005, 11:00 AM
Yeah! A Justin Timberlake, and ?Lance Bass? Pez dispenser will be hidden in the background! :rolleyes: Remember those rumors! :stupid:
They''ll throw (from the holes in their necks, of course!) Obi-Wan and Anakin their lightsabers on Mustafar. :D

scruffziller
03-21-2005, 05:36 PM
It's confirmed, The Death Star IS in EPS3. And Vader will be aboard it as well. I believe the final shot we see in the second trailer with the Empy and Vader is on the Death Star.

Sith Lord 0498
03-21-2005, 06:14 PM
It's confirmed, The Death Star IS in EPS3. And Vader will be aboard it as well. I believe the final shot we see in the second trailer with the Empy and Vader is on the Death Star.

Actually, they're aboard a Star Destroyer. You can tell from the angular windows. Apparently, Vader, Sidious, and Tarkin are aboard looking out at the skeleton of the first Death Star (although why it takes 20 years to build the first one and only a couple of years for the second is beyond me).

Jargo
03-21-2005, 06:23 PM
considering how much bigger the second death star is that's a good question. Maybe the fact that they were building a moon sized battle station that needed immense propulsion systems and massive stabilising elements took a while to figure out. The spherical part of the Trade fed ships is one thing but then they go and scale up like several thousand times and try to make that the main attraction. plus as we know the super laser took a while to get online. Maybe if they'd just employed guys from star trek enterprise they could have reconfigured the damn thing in like five minutes and had it adjusted to stellar interference and been able to transport the whole battle station at warp drive instead of the slow ponderous speed it actually travels at.

Or even learned a trick or two from the borg about building super sized space stations that are battle ready and can travel at speed. And of course some signage might helped the engineers get around the thing better. How the hell does anyone know where they are on the death star? and we won't even go into health and safety at work............

stillakid
03-21-2005, 07:00 PM
(although why it takes 20 years to build the first one and only a couple of years for the second is beyond me).

Anyone who has ever had to employ a general contractor knows this all too well. :rolleyes: I suppose that the Empire learned their lesson on the first ball o' death and chained the contractor to this one project (DS2) until it was done.

Slicker
03-21-2005, 08:05 PM
I've said it before. Perhaps they were building BOTH at the same time and the second one was behind the first in building time due to the larger size.

It's good to here for sure though that the Death Star is gonna be in the movie.

bobafrett
03-21-2005, 08:30 PM
We can certainly hope so !

If they can slip a razor into TPM as a comlink, they can get PEZ into ROTS one way or another.

That and a pepsi machine on the Wookie home planet, and we could have several of the food tie ins covered. How about a Burger King on the Lava planet, "Flame Broiled" would take on a new meaning.

We got a call from a customer today asking if our (W.M.) store had the new ROTS Pez dispensers left. At this rate, I'll never get a Death Star Pez machine. "We will test this stations pez power on your home planet of Alderaan".

stillakid
03-21-2005, 08:54 PM
I've said it before. Perhaps they were building BOTH at the same time and the second one was behind the first in building time due to the larger size.

It's good to here for sure though that the Death Star is gonna be in the movie.

So the Emperor DID have huge balls, one slightly larger than the other. No wonder he was po'd when one of them got blown...up. :classic:

Slicker
03-22-2005, 02:46 AM
So the Emperor DID have huge balls, one slightly larger than the other. No wonder he was po'd when one of them got blown...up. :classic:They were called....his DEATHTICLES!!!!

Jargo
03-22-2005, 06:56 AM
Well as I've always said the death star is nothing but a giant Hamster ball.

hango fett
03-22-2005, 09:20 AM
in that case, JARGO, i would love to see a cross-section of the DS's and see a hamster in it. and they would ccall it the "power supply"....great stuff!
HF

stillakid
03-23-2005, 08:39 AM
They were called....his DEATHTICLES!!!!

Holy mackeral! Did you see this too?....

http://worstkind.com/swe3_large.mov

(WARNING! Some potentially inappropriate content. Probably Rated PG13)

bobafrett
03-23-2005, 12:10 PM
Holy mackeral! Did you see this too?....

http://worstkind.com/swe3_large.mov

(WARNING! Some potentially inappropriate content. Probably Rated PG13)

Yes, but halarious it is! :p

Slicker
03-23-2005, 07:56 PM
Holy mackeral! Did you see this too?....Yessiree. Here's the link to the homepage. Link (http://sequentialpictures.com/moviestarwarsepisode3.html)

Jargo
03-24-2005, 07:07 AM
wow, how long is that guys neck!!!!!

Jargo
03-31-2005, 01:52 PM
Well speaking of Death stars, found this image somewhere, couldn't say where coz I just followed about seventy billion links looking for images.

I've included the larger image in two parts coz otherwise i wouldn't have been able to post the whole thing and also a smaller version of the whole thing.

I dunno if this is genuine or not but it sure looks purty.

Beast
03-31-2005, 03:42 PM
Nice piccies Jargo!! Thanks for sharing!! :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

darko666
04-10-2005, 12:42 AM
I dunno if this is genuine or not but it sure looks purty.

yeah, those pics look cool. but if in fact those are concept pictures or actual film(which i doubt), why are 2 death stars being built? i know i shouldn't get all bent out of shape, but it seems odd.

Slicker
04-10-2005, 01:15 AM
yeah, those pics look cool. but if in fact those are concept pictures or actual film(which i doubt), why are 2 death stars being built? i know i shouldn't get all bent out of shape, but it seems odd.One Death Star from ANH and one from ROTJ. Everyone complains that it took soooo long to build the first one but they can build the second one in 3 years. Pffft. I've always thought that they built both of them at the SAME time but it took longer for the second one because either they redesigned parts after the Yavin debacle or because it was always intended to be of a bigger design.

I'm personally happy that they're building both at the same time.

darko666
04-10-2005, 01:43 PM
your theory on the building of 2 Death Stars could be the answer, but if the Death Star is the Ultimate Weapon, why build 2? the empire had so much confidence in the first DS and knew it could destroy whole planets, why would they waste their time building 2, when they could just concentrate on one. but, when EIII comes out, we will get our answer to how many DS they are building. because we know we will see one of them at the end of the movie.

Lord Malakite
04-10-2005, 02:24 PM
your theory on the building of 2 Death Stars could be the answer, but if the Death Star is the Ultimate Weapon, why build 2? the empire had so much confidence in the first DS and knew it could destroy whole planets, why would they waste their time building 2, when they could just concentrate on one.
The more you have, the quicker the enemy can be subdued. Its not like the ultimate weapon can be off destroying planets everywhere at once. ;)

stillakid
04-11-2005, 10:04 AM
The more you have, the quicker the enemy can be subdued. Its not like the ultimate weapon can be off destroying planets everywhere at once. ;)

"Fear will keep the local systems in line. Fear of this battlestation."

The idea, as I understood it, wasn't to go around and actually blow lots of planets up. The idea was to take out one or two and let the fear of that consequence do all the work. Think Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Add that to the arrogance on the Empire's part to believe the station as indestructable (think Titanic) and only one would be necessary.

rbaumhauer
04-11-2005, 11:59 AM
Looks like just one more desperate attempt by Lucas to demonstrate that the PT and the OT really do take place in the same universe, in spite of all the evidence to the contrary :)

Regardless of whether they're building one or two at the end of ROTS, the fact that it takes them 20 years to finish the things is idiotic.

ds6161
04-22-2005, 09:37 PM
Didn't the teaser show more than 1/2 way built?? (I only saw it once)

If so maybe it is just a space station until ANH & it gets a superlaser upgrade or its a new and improved version with the superlaser.?.?.?