PDA

View Full Version : SSG C3 Party thread.

scruffziller
02-05-2005, 11:37 AM
This thread will be home to the details and updates of out SSG C3 party.

It will just be my brother and I going. We decided only going the 22nd and 23rd since those are fullest days, pretty much this far in deciding. If we are having a SSG party I hope it will be on one of those days.

CooLJoE
02-06-2005, 03:15 AM
I'd be up for an SSG party at C3. Just incase, I do know that there is a party going on at one of the Hotels and is being put on by 501st, Rebel Legion, and TheForce.net. I've contemplated going to this one, but if there is an SSG one, I'll be up for that instead. That other party, you have to be a member to sign up and pay for (like $20 I think).

So lets get an SSG party going or atleast setup to go hang out somewhere. I know we talked about going out to dinner one of the nights (only places where kids can go since some people are bringing kids).

scruffziller
02-06-2005, 05:52 AM
Like I said in one of the other threads, we should wear something, nametag, shirt, hat etc. to identify that we are a member of this board. So we can spot each other in the crowds if we run across each other.

Tonysmo
02-06-2005, 10:47 PM
We had name tags for CII. They were pretty darn cool. Dunno if Steve will have time to make them up again. ( Steve? )

I still have mine.. :D

I wasnt able to bump into anyone the last time though. theres only gonna be a billion plus people.. all with tags on..

Ill only be there that Friday. so, Im up for whatever. Dinner still sounds nice that night. I can look around to figure out whats close, or somewhat close..

any price range we wanna stick too? Were all there to spend cash on SW stuff so I dunno what kinda meal we might be looking at.. Im not from there. so I dunno what they have besides the normal FF joints. which to me doesnt sound like the coolest place to hang out.. something moderate..

Im so looking forward to this though - just getting away even for the day.

I so need a lil vacation.

CooLJoE
02-07-2005, 01:45 AM
Yeah I like the idea of name tags or similar items to make us recognizable to other SSG'ers. Perhaps a tag thats like 1.5" x 3" and has SSG in big bright letters (like red/white letters on a black tag or black letters on a red/white tag - trying to fit with ROTS theme :)) and below the big SSG letters have an area for the name (in smaller letters). I just think the SSG part should stand out since that is the easiest way to point us out.

Shirts and stuff like that won't work for all since some of us plan to be in costume.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-07-2005, 12:20 PM
I wore that badge last time, but it was usually obscured by the CII one. What would work? Hmm . . .

I nominate Steak 'n' Shake. ;) :D It rules and we don't have any out here in CO. It was fun to see people in there dressed like Rebel pilots and Zam Wesell, the other people wondering what the hell was going on. :D

Tonysmo
02-07-2005, 11:44 PM
Id 2nd a visit to steak n shake.. not too pricey. seems like a good fit, as they have a decent dining area as well.

may make sense as well, since I think bumping into someone at the actual event will be nothing more than alot of luck.. I looked last time. and didnt see anyone.

once we all decide on the place., we'll need to decide on a time.. 7ish?

:D

CooLJoE
02-08-2005, 02:51 AM
Steak N Shake works for my friend and I as well. Whether in costume or not, I'll be there. Probably in costume since the C3 show ends at like midnight each day, so we'd be leaving from the show to the Steak N Shake. Heck, if the Steak N Shake is close enough, we could just meet up outside of the Convention Center and go there together.

Either way, I'll have my cell phone with me and will give the # so people can easily get a hold of me, or I get a hold of them.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-08-2005, 12:10 PM
Cool! I don't think the Steak N Shake in Indy is as big as others I've been in, but it's still nice-sized. I think 7 would be good, but on what day? It needs to work for those people who won't be there all four days. If everyone's gonna be there all the time, I think after the Celebration ends at 4 on Sunday would be good. That way we don't miss any of the convention. But then again, it would also be good to do it the first or second day so if we see each other again at the con we can say hello . . . what do you guys think?

OC47150
02-08-2005, 04:17 PM
Isn't there a food court at Circle Centre Mall, just up the street from Steak n Shake? It might be larger enough to accommodate a bigger crowd.

I think it'd be cool to meet some of the other guys, too.

scruffziller
02-09-2005, 11:14 AM
Doesn't Steve have a table at the celebration?

JediTricks
02-09-2005, 07:30 PM
No, because whenever he gets tables at these things it means he can't see and photograph all the other stuff.

OC47150
02-10-2005, 07:24 AM
Tables have to be manned the entire time the show is going on, like 8 a.m. till close. My local club considered having a table but we declined. No one wanted to be stuck at a table all day and miss the chance for a presentation.

That's a big time commitment.

Dar' Argol
02-13-2005, 02:49 PM
So is there anything definitive being arranged . . . or is this a bunch of suggestions?

The 'Xir
02-14-2005, 12:17 PM
The Steak & Shake?!!! I have no Idea what that is, but if you guys say so, it sounds like a plan to me! I don't know what the CIII schedule is like, but why not just do the S&S on Sat night like you guys suggested at about 7pm! Sat. you'll know everyone is there! Now, like I said I don't know if anything HUGE is planned for at CIII on Sat night at 7pm, but we can cross that bridge when we come to it! Somone(I guess I can do it) but someone should probbaly plan on making reservations for the S&S, if were all gonna do this, I'd say reservation for atleast 15-20! That way if this thing is close to the convention centre, you know they are going to be busy anyways with all the people in town, and it'll just make it easier for when we arrive!

Here's their Indianapolis locations. (http://www.steaknshake.com/states/ind.asp) Let me know which one I should call! I'm assumming as someone pointed out the one at the circle centre mall!

QLD
02-14-2005, 04:51 PM
I doubt Steak and Shake takes reservations. It is essentially a Waffle House type place. If they are crowded, we may have trouble getting a large group of people sitting together there. At least from my experiences with Steak and Shake in Georgia.

Slicker
02-14-2005, 06:48 PM
Why don't you guys/gals swap cell numbers or descriptions or pictures so you can recognize each other. Just a thought instead of trying to make arrangements over the internet.:)

Tonysmo
02-14-2005, 11:33 PM
I wont be around Sat. only Friday.. soooo..

no biggie.. pm me and drop me your # if youll be there Friday. I can call around once Im there and try to meet up with those of you who will be around.

OC47150
02-15-2005, 07:11 AM
I doubt Steak and Shake takes reservations. It is essentially a Waffle House type place. If they are crowded, we may have trouble getting a large group of people sitting together there. At least from my experiences with Steak and Shake in Georgia.

I thought that was typical of Steak and Shakes everywhere! ;)

CooLJoE
02-15-2005, 10:10 AM
I say we do it Friday. I think this was talked about back around October of last year (though we never decided on a place).

Steak & Shake does not take reservations. The one that I've been to was more like a fast food place than a sit down place anyways. I mean they have tables and such, but I don't remember it being like a place where you sit down and look at a menu. I could be wrong since I've only been to one once and it was back in like 2000.

Perhaps we should find a place that does take reservations. Would make things easier for getting a group in.

The 'Xir
02-15-2005, 12:32 PM
How about this place? (http://www.indystar.com/articles/3/221298-5763-067.html) It has a veggie burger and or salads for any vegans in the crowd, and the best part it's only two blocks from the RCA Dome (http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?searchtype=address&country=US&addtohistory=&searchtab=home&address=201+S.+Meridian+St.&city=indianapolis&state=IN&zipcode=) . Seems like a fun atmosphere! :)

And it does take reservations for parties over 8!

Friday is fine for me, shall we settle for that instead? I'm assuming 7pm is still good(that is until we see the event schedule to see if anything important is going on at that time).

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-15-2005, 05:00 PM
How about this place? (http://www.indystar.com/articles/3/221298-5763-067.html) It has a veggie burger and or salads for any vegans in the crowd, and the best part it's only two blocks from the RCA Dome (http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?searchtype=address&country=US&addtohistory=&searchtab=home&address=201+S.+Meridian+St.&city=indianapolis&state=IN&zipcode=) . Seems like a fun atmosphere! :)

And it does take reservations for parties over 8!

Friday is fine for me, shall we settle for that instead? I'm assuming 7pm is still good(that is until we see the event schedule to see if anything important is going on at that time).
Dunno . . . this seems okay. It would be nice to have a place with reservations so we don't have to wait or risk not getting a table. What else is avaiilable, though?

The 'Xir
02-18-2005, 01:32 PM
They are both located in or near Circle Center Mall, so it really doesn't matter, it just comes down to wether we want a guaranteed table at Smokey Bones, or take our chances with Steak & Shake! I've never been to Indy before(just drove around it) SO, both will be cool "new" experiences for me, and really it all comes down to us getting together anyways, I just came across and offered Smokey Bones 'cause you guys were leaning towards the steak thing with S&S so I thought I'd keep it in the same vein, if you will! You guys decide and if you want to do SB BBQ, then I'll just call and make reservations! Just let me know which place and what time you guys wanna do this..Friday?, Saturday?, Time?

OC47150
02-18-2005, 02:30 PM
After a long day, anything will taste good!

bobafrett
02-20-2005, 08:38 PM
They are both located in or near Circle Center Mall, so it really doesn't matter, it just comes down to wether we want a guaranteed table at Smokey Bones, or take our chances with Steak & Shake! I've never been to Indy before(just drove around it) SO, both will be cool "new" experiences for me, and really it all comes down to us getting together anyways, I just came across and offered Smokey Bones 'cause you guys were leaning towards the steak thing with S&S so I thought I'd keep it in the same vein, if you will! You guys decide and if you want to do SB BBQ, then I'll just call and make reservations! Just let me know which place and what time you guys wanna do this..Friday?, Saturday?, Time?

There was a hooters that my friend and I went to after convention hours for a beer and spicy chicken wings!

Just a suggestion. It looks like I won't be able to make it to this years convention, as my moms health is not good. Unless something drastic happens for the better, I regretably won't be able to attend.

The 'Xir
02-21-2005, 01:56 AM
Great suggestion BF, however, Hooters can be a little pricey! With everyone wanting to spend most of their $$$ on SW stuff, Hooters might be out of the quesiton!

Also, I know the prognosis of your moms condition isn't too promising, but you know our prayers are with you and your family, and MTFBW her and heres hoping she has a miraculous turnaround,!!! :neutral: Ya never know buddy! ya never know...

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-21-2005, 11:38 AM
Actually, Steak N Shake mostly has sandwiches. Come to think of it, I have no idea if it has real steak . . .

'Xir, you brought up an excellent point. I don't think a pricey restaurant would work, as everyone needs cash for the con. Then again I'm going with my parents so it's not my money. :D ;)

OC47150
02-21-2005, 11:43 AM
The one place to avoid would be St. Elmo's Steakhouse. The prices are along the lines of a Ruth Chris, if you're familiar with them.

Something to take into consideration: at C2, that Saturday night was prom night for some Indy high schools. Some of the downtown restaurants may be more crowded than others again this time.

Tonysmo
02-21-2005, 11:09 PM
*cough* Friday *cough* 7pm.. Steak n shake.. all sportin SSG shirts. meet n greet, mingle, have a shake. call it a night.

I know we still have plenty of time to debate, but ya'll are thinking to hard.. A sit down place is nice, Steak n shake fits that. not as expensive as SB BBQ. prolly the best all around choice to fit everyone.

*cough* Friday *cough*

:beard:

dr_evazan22
02-22-2005, 12:44 AM
Then again I'm going with my parents so it's not my money. :D ;)

Hey! Maybe you can bring their credit card! Their welcome to come too!

Another event that was held on Sat night at C2 was the SW Concert. I really hope they do something like that again.

Whatever happens with the schedule though, I'm gonna make time to meet you guys, whether your there on Fri or Sat or Sun.

CooLJoE
02-22-2005, 01:12 AM
I like Tonysmo's idea. Its simple and its what most can agree on for a get together. So what do you guys think?

When: Friday 7pm
Where: Steak N Shake
What: GTG with other SSG members

And don't forget the SSG shirt or some other way to recognize you.

*This is not official. I'm just trying to get more input on this*

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-22-2005, 12:19 PM
I like Tonysmo's idea. Its simple and its what most can agree on for a get together. So what do you guys think?

When: Friday 7pm
Where: Steak N Shake
What: GTG with other SSG members

And don't forget the SSG shirt or some other way to recognize you.

*This is not official. I'm just trying to get more input on this*
Sounds like a plan. Which Steak n Shake though? There are a few (I guess) in the area). What's the deal with the shirt? I'll take a look at that other thread and see . . .

The 'Xir
02-25-2005, 11:51 PM
As I said, anything is cool with me, 'cause everything will be a new experience for me, I guess I was just worried about waiting a long time in a big city with a huge event going on, and now as OC pointed out If it's prom weekend for some schools..Oy VEY! But, whatever! I'm gonna try my hardest to get a local print shop to do A SSG logo in the SW font,, being big on back, and small on front pocket, with The 'Xir on the opposite chest! :D

sith_killer_99
02-26-2005, 09:14 AM
I'm up for whatever, as long as most of us can get there. I am looking forward to meeting as many folks from here as possible. We also need to plan it out in advance, I plan on bringing my daughter to CIII for one of the days. I don't want to bring her the day we all hook up because it's difficult to meet up with a large group when you have a 3 year old tagging along. My wife is sitting out CIII, it's not really her thing.

I am considering ordering a "Blue Harvest" T-Shirt for the show. I would love to order a SSG T-Shirt as well. I am thinking about having my screen name airbrushed on the back so I am easy to recognize. ;)

I am also bring along my digital camera for pics of the show, it would be great to get some pics of the members here!

Darth Grifter
02-28-2005, 01:46 AM
yeah, this sounds like a decent plan...ssg shirts? did i miss that memo?

OC47150
02-28-2005, 07:14 AM
As I said, anything is cool with me, 'cause everything will be a new experience for me, I guess I was just worried about waiting a long time in a big city with a huge event going on, and now as OC pointed out If it's prom weekend for some schools..Oy VEY! But, whatever! I'm gonna try my hardest to get a local print shop to do A SSG logo in the SW font,, being big on back, and small on front pocket, with The 'Xir on the opposite chest! :D

I just remember kids in the prom finest mixing in with stormtroopers on the streets around Circle Centre Mall. That was a sight!

CooLJoE
03-01-2005, 09:02 PM
We should definetely get some shirts made. Less than 2 months away, we should get going on this idea.

Although the problem I have is I'll be in costume. So I guess I'll just have to look for you guys.

The 'Xir
03-03-2005, 02:19 AM
We should definetely get some shirts made. Less than 2 months away, we should get going on this idea.

Although the problem I have is I'll be in costume. So I guess I'll just have to look for you guys.

Well, you could make something on your computer, and print it out! Then you could tape it to the back of your costume kinda like a 'Kick Me' sign! :p :D

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-03-2005, 11:20 AM
If we're really going to have shirts, I'll make a design for them. Unless someone else wants to do it. Then you can print it out on an iron-on transfer (they have them at WM with the computer paper) and iron it onto any shirt you want. I'll make a few so we can decide, post small versions here, and e-mail a big version to whomever wants it!

jedi master sal
03-04-2005, 11:55 AM
I've already contacted Steve about doing this. This would be set up as a CafePress store (If he goes for it). There will be no mark-up, so the price you see will be what Cafepress sells them for.

The moment he let's me know if I'm good to go with the storefront and he supplies graphics, I'll be on it. It would only take a day or two to set up and then everyone can order from the comfort of their own home.

(That's the hopes of the plan anyway.)
-Sal

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-04-2005, 04:36 PM
I've already contacted Steve about doing this. This would be set up as a CafePress store (If he goes for it). There will be no mark-up, so the price you see will be what Cafepress sells them for.

The moment he let's me know if I'm good to go with the storefront and he supplies graphics, I'll be on it. It would only take a day or two to set up and then everyone can order from the comfort of their own home.

(That's the hopes of the plan anyway.)
-Sal
Oh, ok. Hopefully he will get on that. What kind of styles will there be? I think there should be a few different kinds, but with the same logos.

rust
03-05-2005, 12:47 AM
Hmm... This sounds good... Steak and Shake sounds fine, we could also go to a Coffee Place, and get in for relatively free (Unless we get Coffee of Hot Chocolate).
I'm currently making a badge, maybe we can get it run off on badges?
Anyways, Friday sounds good. I believe there are no objections from the family.
Edit: This is a draft of the badge. Anyone like it? Maybe we just can get this printed on T-Shirts (and I can Photoshop your usernames on it, I saved a blank copy).
http://img101.exs.cx/img101/4083/ssgrust7ly.jpg

CooLJoE
03-06-2005, 06:10 PM
The use of the volcano is nice considering the movie this Celebration is aimed at, but the text at the bottom won't be very readable and the username part is too small. Not saying its bad, just saying it needs some changes. The biggest part of the badge (what stands out most) should be the word "SSG" and the username. That way people recognize it rather quickly.

rust
03-07-2005, 11:19 AM
The use of the volcano is nice considering the movie this Celebration is aimed at, but the text at the bottom won't be very readable and the username part is too small. Not saying its bad, just saying it needs some changes. The biggest part of the badge (what stands out most) should be the word "SSG" and the username. That way people recognize it rather quickly.I did say it was a rough draft... I'm still working on making it better...

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-08-2005, 05:42 PM
Just for ideas, here's a little picture I made. The top picture would be on the front of the shirt, and the bottom one on back. Come to think of it, it might look better the other way around! If you guys want this, I will make a larger, better version, maybe in different colors. What do you guys think?

rust
03-12-2005, 10:39 PM
Just for ideas, here's a little picture I made. The top picture would be on the front of the shirt, and the bottom one on back. Come to think of it, it might look better the other way around! If you guys want this, I will make a larger, better version, maybe in different colors. What do you guys think?It needs lava... and ads for my website on the back.

Anyways, C3 is about a month away. We should finalize our party plans within the week, so we can buy tickets based on when the party is.

SirSteve
03-15-2005, 09:49 AM
I would like to get a handle on this... who is local to the convention? Do we have a count of how many will show up? Maybe we will need to book a banquet room somewhere? We cannot just show up somewhere and have 20-30 (or whatever) people in our party.... Whoever is local and can help in finding a place, please e-mail me at sirsteve@sirstevesguide.com.

I'll throw this out there... I can reserve a meeting room (5o or less people) for $150.00 at the hotel I am staying at....

sith_killer_99
03-15-2005, 11:03 AM
Sounds great to me Steve. I'm sure we could all help cover the cost. I am up for whatever the group wants to do.

rust
03-15-2005, 05:19 PM
I would like to get a handle on this... who is local to the convention? Do we have a count of how many will show up? Maybe we will need to book a banquet room somewhere? We cannot just show up somewhere and have 20-30 (or whatever) people in our party.... Whoever is local and can help in finding a place, please e-mail me at sirsteve@sirstevesguide.com.

I'll throw this out there... I can reserve a meeting room (5o or less people) for $150.00 at the hotel I am staying at....Sounds good. Will there be food and/or drinks?

CooLJoE
03-16-2005, 05:34 PM
$150 for a banquet hall in your hotel for 50 or less guests? Sounds good to me. I'd be willing to chip in on that. Does that price include food and such? Or are we still fending for ourselves at that price?

Dar' Argol
03-16-2005, 07:46 PM
Whatever the choice is, I would definitly attend . . . just hopefully it will be final before we all leave . . . .

SirSteve
03-16-2005, 10:15 PM
Unfortunately, that was just the cost of the room. I changed hotels (one that is connected to the Convention Center) so I am waiting on a new quote from the hotel.

$150 for a banquet hall in your hotel for 50 or less guests? Sounds good to me. I'd be willing to chip in on that. Does that price include food and such? Or are we still fending for ourselves at that price?

SirSteve
03-16-2005, 10:17 PM
Also, CafePress would not do my T-Shirts because it included "Star Wars" in it so I am trying a local place. As soon as I know something, I'll post it.

Darth Grifter
03-17-2005, 05:35 PM
i'd totally be willing to chip in on that too...whatever you guys figure out for the get together is cool with me...

i agree that if we are getting a big group, we should look to somewhere else or booking something far in advance to give the place a heads up...

The 'Xir
03-18-2005, 11:04 AM
I'm cool with whatever! However, If I can get it done I was gonna do my own shirt, but let me know what you guys come up with and I'll probably buy one of yours as well!
Stake n Shake is fine! Banquet Hall is fine! But, we definitely need food, and beverages! even if we just have 20 people show, if everyone pitches in $20-25, that $400-$500 should cover whatever!

My only concern with this "meeting" is time! Have they released the full schedule of events at CIII yet?, I'd hate if we schedule this for say Fri night at 7pm and next thing we know there's some huge thing going on at CIII at that time, that we'd all like to see! Ya know?

Dark Knight
03-18-2005, 05:46 PM
My brother and I can help cook whatever. If you need help let me know.(Been cooking over 12 years between us).

CooLJoE
03-19-2005, 12:25 AM
Well, we definetely need to count Saturday night as out of the question. Thats the C3 Celebration party, which 2 members here have already bought tickets for. I plan to buy tickets for that as well. We should just stick with Friday night. Hopefully they don't plan some special event for Friday night. Or if they do, hopefully its something that can be experienced again during the C3 event.

Either way, I'd help pay to get a hall and get food. I think its something worth doing to get all the SSG C3 attendees together.

Dark Knight
03-20-2005, 09:43 PM
Does the banquet hall have a small kitchen included? Stove/oven/refrigerator/pots&pans?

rust
03-22-2005, 04:13 PM
Can we have Dr. Pepper there? Its My Favorite :)

Anyways, who are we gonna get to cater the party?

Dark Knight
03-27-2005, 08:45 PM
Any word yet on the banquet hall?

CooLJoE
04-07-2005, 05:28 PM
So have any plans for a large get together been finalized? Or should we go back to the Steak N Shake idea?

We need to solve this in the next week or less. We only have 2 weeks before the show starts (actaully less than 2 weeks).

rust
04-08-2005, 04:33 PM
I really think we should finalize this within the week.

JediTricks
04-08-2005, 04:49 PM
How about next week since the boss man isn't around till then? ;)

rust
04-08-2005, 06:40 PM
How about next week since the boss man isn't around till then? ;)
Damnit! I just PMed him...

SirSteve
04-11-2005, 10:05 PM
I had to change hotels and the meeting rooms there are booked........ can any locals list some places in the area? Restaraunts besides Steak and Shake? Bars? (do we have any under 21 wanting to attend or are bringing children?) Any other ideas? I am just throwing stuff out there so whatever you guys want to do......

CooLJoE
04-11-2005, 10:10 PM
I believe we have people under 21 coming (people bringing kids, and I think some are under 21 themselves), so bars are out of the question.

So who is a local or knows the area? We gotta get something finalized before the weekend.

rust
04-11-2005, 10:19 PM
I had to change hotels and the meeting rooms there are booked........ can any locals list some places in the area? Restaraunts besides Steak and Shake? Bars? (do we have any under 21 wanting to attend or are bringing children?) Any other ideas? I am just throwing stuff out there so whatever you guys want to do......
*Coughs very loudly at above statement and raises hand*
God. This is the worst of times to figure this out...
Think...
Think...
Think...
GAH! I have no idea! Lemme think it over some sleep and school.

Tonysmo
04-11-2005, 10:40 PM
yes, whatever we do, it has to be kid friendly. Ill have mine. and my buddy will have two or three of his.

tick tick tick ..

SirSteve
04-11-2005, 11:00 PM
Ok, then it looks to be a restaurant. Do we have a count of how many will show?

rust
04-12-2005, 03:54 PM
Well then... Maybe Denny's? Can anyone else throw out the names of some restaurants around the area.

Are we gonna make reservations, or we all just gonna wait until everyone shows up and eats?

CooLJoE
04-13-2005, 12:19 AM
The best bet would be to meet up somewhere, and then call in a reservation for the place of choice. Of course, choosing the place ahead of time is no problem. If the place allows it, of course we can do reservations ahead of time. I'm just not sure of any place like that (much less even know what there is around Indianapolis).

So perhaps we should decide 2 things: Where to meet up before we eat, and where to eat.

The day/time is pretty much decided: Friday at night. Everything on Friday ends around 7-8pm (unless you plan to watch ESB or ROTJ with free popcorn). So I'd say meeting up at 7:15pm somewhere in the convention would be the best bet. And set plans to eat somewhere at like 7:45 - 8pm (gives time to make sure everyone shows up, plus time to get to the place).

So unless someone has an objection to the day/time, lets pick these two things:

- Where to meet up
- Where to eat (after we meet up)

rust
04-13-2005, 09:07 PM
I don't have tickets to go to the convention on Friday.

I don't know anything about the terrain of Indianapolis, so I don't know where to meet.

What restaurants are even around the Convention Center?

SirSteve
04-13-2005, 09:22 PM
How about we meet at the bar/lobby area of the Hyatt Regency that is connected to the Convention Center via the skybridge on Friday at 7:00 and we'll leave from there about 7:45 to get some food?

UPDATE

I forgot that I had RSVP'd another party for a manufacturer at 7:30-9:30 Friday night so wherever you guys end up going, I hope to make it...

rust
04-14-2005, 11:43 AM
How about we meet at the bar/lobby area of the Hyatt Regency that is connected to the Convention Center via the skybridge on Friday at 7:00 and we'll leave from there about 7:45 to get some food?

UPDATE

I forgot that I had RSVP'd another party for a manufacturer at 7:30-9:30 Friday night so wherever you guys end up going, I hope to make it...
Damn, and I really wanted to meet you.
Restauntwise; Why don't we go to Denny's? These are all the Denny's in Indianapolis: http://clients.mapquest.com/dennys/mqlocator?screen=find&link=map&querycenterorigin=1&queryuseorigin=1&queryiconcol=icon_id&iconid=31&searchtype=origin&country=&queryradius=999&width=400&height=250&sqlcol1=POL_DIV_1&sqlcnd1=contains&foreign=&streetaddress=&city=Indianapolis&state=IN&zip=&queryMax=10&sqlval1=%25&submit1=Search

rust
04-15-2005, 04:59 PM
Sorry to DP and bump, but we need to work this out really soon.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-15-2005, 05:35 PM
Denny's . . . Steak N Shake . . . it's all good. Sorry to not add any input, but I'm up for anything. Someone should make a definitive decision - or should we go so far as to have a poll for it? ;) :p

rust
04-15-2005, 08:48 PM
Ok, then. Lemme make the definitave decision... Unless anyone objects...

So, let's go to Denny's. Now, we need to find the optimal location. So look on my map, and let's vote.

The 'Xir
04-16-2005, 09:00 PM
Did you guys get the contact list from Dr. Evazan? Ask him for one if not! It's got members who are going to CIII on it and their cell numbers and the like on it! We should all just contact each other on Friday, meet somewhere like the Hyatt bar/lounge like SS said and then call a place for reservations, or just go to a place once we are all together! It's not hard, and if Sirsteve wants to join us later we can just call him and tell him or we can leave a message at the reception desk for him and anyone else who might want to know where we are going!

Tonysmo
04-17-2005, 12:57 AM

ya know - this sounds the best idea yet - its connected, and we all meet around 7pm Friday. from there we can meet n greet and decide on dinner or just meet n greet and be on our own ways depending on scheduals and whatnot. heck, they may have a dinner spot there..

again,. I second this as the meeting place, I think we should start here and work from it. work it baby.. work it..

okay.. thats was way wrong..

seacrest out!

that was even worse.. :crazed:

rust
04-17-2005, 10:43 AM
Okay... Let's just do that.

Okay... Its Settled,
We Will Meet at the Hyatt Regency that is connected to the convention cneter that C3 is at via the Skybridge at Friday Night at 7:00. Then we will leave for dinner at 7:45.

Now can someone give me directions to the skybridge?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-17-2005, 12:42 PM
Does Denny's take reservations? That might not be too bad of an idea.

I'll see you guys there! I'm leaving on Tuesday and I can't wait!!!

rust
04-17-2005, 01:38 PM

I'll call the closest Denny's to the Convention Center a little later...

rust
04-17-2005, 01:50 PM
Sorry to DP Again

http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main.adp?go=1&do=nw&un=m&cl=EN&ct=NA&rsres=1&1y=US&1a=100+S+CAPITOL+AVE&1c=INDIANAPOLIS&1s=IN&1z=46225-1002&2y=US&2a=3512+S+KEYSTONE+AVE&2c=INDIANAPOLIS&2s=IN&2z=46227-3506

Directions to the Closest Denny's to C3. Denny's doesn't take reservations though.

Darth Grifter
04-17-2005, 09:52 PM

i leave on wednesday! i'm so stoked! wherever we are meeting, i'm game. if nothing else, it will be cool to see you guys during the con...

CooLJoE
04-18-2005, 12:25 AM
Let's change the meet time to 7:15pm.

I say this because the events end at 7pm, and I'd rather not have to leave an event early. This way the events end at 7pm and gives people 15 minutes or so to get to the meeting place.

SirSteve
04-18-2005, 12:37 AM
If someone gets me a definite TIME/DATE/PLACE by MONDAY NIGHT (4/18), I can send out a mass-mailing to all Forum users to make sure the word gets out.

This will be a definite place to meet SSG Forum Members and other collectors from around the world:

Thursday from 5:00-7:00, the "Collectors' Social" at the Fan Club Lounge at the Convention Center.

Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 9:00-Whenever at the Fan Club Lounge at the Convention Center.

I will be popping in and out of the above but for those that want to get together at another place/time, feel free. However, in order to know other SSG Forum Members, those that asked for SSG badges, please wear them. :D

Jayspawn
04-18-2005, 08:46 AM
I'll be wearing mine Boss!

Darth Grifter
04-18-2005, 10:28 AM
i'll totally be wearing the badge! it's nice quality...i, too will be peeking in and out of the fan club lounge as well...

sith_killer_99
04-18-2005, 10:58 AM
Meesa be wearing mine bom bad! :D

rust
04-18-2005, 03:52 PM
Due to an unforseen circumstance I won't be able to attend the party. I will be at Celebration 3 though.
Sorry...

QLD
04-18-2005, 08:43 PM
I say we just meet up in the lobby of the place Sir Steve suggested, and then we can all go somewhere nearby for chow.

I will be wearing my badge though.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-19-2005, 12:02 PM
Wait, so the Fan Club lounge? What if people on here aren't in the Fan Club? Anyway on Thursday at 6:30 there's a trivia contest I want to be in, so I don't know if Thursday at that time would work for me. Dunno . . . I'd like to know soon, since I'm leaving in a few hours and probably won't get on the Internet again.

Maybe I'll call some forumites to ask about it when we're in Indy . . .

CooLJoE
04-19-2005, 03:06 PM
Ok, so aside from the possible chance to meet people in the FanClub lounge, lets set the actual Get Together date/place/etc.

This is what I gather from the recent posts. If its wrong, please update, but keep the discussion simple and on track for the Get Together so others can be sure where/when it is.

Where to meet: bar/lobby area of the Hyatt Regency that is connected to the Convention Center via the skybridge

When to meet: on Friday at 7:15pm

From there we will decide where to eat.

QLD
04-19-2005, 03:52 PM
Well, I am leaving at 5 AM, my contact information is on the sheet that was e-mailed out to everyone. Feel free to let me know what the plan is. I will be wearing my badge, I just don't know how I'm going to wear it.

SirSteve
04-19-2005, 07:13 PM
I should be able to be there at that time but but I have to leave for a little while so I hope to meet back up with you guys...

Tonysmo
04-20-2005, 12:26 AM
Where to meet: bar/lobby area of the Hyatt Regency that is connected to the Convention Center via the skybridge

When to meet: on Friday at 7:15pm

From there we will decide where to eat.

thats what I have, so hopefully the majority will be able to make it..

cant wait.. cant wait.. cant wait.. :D

scruffziller
04-20-2005, 07:52 AM
Wait, so the Fan Club lounge? What if people on here aren't in the Fan Club? . .

I think everyone has access to the fanclub lounge according to the schedule at least on Friday. On thursday it says for the FC lounge that from 12:00-5:00 is fanclub members only.

Heh, Heh, there is an event on Friday called the RICK MCCALLUM SPECTACULAR!!!!:D

You guys will find me if you don't see my badge from the front, I made a T-shirt with an iron on of the badge on the back and a image of my SW Galaxies charachter on front, he is a Wookiee.