PDA

View Full Version : Are Mas Amedda and Sly Moore evil?

General_Grievous
02-05-2005, 01:40 PM
This pic raises a few questions:

http://www.aptirrelevance.com/sw-archive/imgview.php?id=01196

Were they in on Palpatine's act the whole time, or are they just victims?:confused:

2-1B
02-05-2005, 02:36 PM
I don't know for sure but I think Mas Amedda was at least under the influence of Palps and as for Sly Moore . . . well her name IS Sly so what does that tell ya ? :crazed:

Sith Lord 0498
02-05-2005, 04:09 PM
I do believe Sly Moore was a willing accomplice. On the cardback for her action figure, it makes a cryptic comment that she was privy to Palpatine's deepest secrets (being Sidious would count as a deep secret, I'd say). Mas Amedda is harder to gauge. Maybe influenced. Maybe willing accomplice.

Slicker
02-05-2005, 04:11 PM
I'm sure that they were in on it but my real world thinking is that they're just opporunistic and they don't care who is ruling so long as they can get a piece of the pie.

As a sidenote with the name SLY Moore. The man most responsible for putting Hitler into office by going behind peoples backs and such had a last name of Schleicher which in German means "sneak". Hitler had him killed. Way to repay him.

sith_killer_99
02-05-2005, 04:59 PM
Well, Mas Amedda does have horns, and who else has horns...let's see...oh yes...the Devil! :D ;)

General_Grievous
02-05-2005, 05:20 PM
Eeth Koth and Agen Kolar have horns, too, and they're not evil. ;)

But I think that Mas Amedda is corrupted by Palpy, and Sly is just plain evil. Nevertheless, I have this weird feeling that Palpy will kill both of them by the end of the movie.

sith_killer_99
02-05-2005, 05:28 PM
Eeth Koth and Agen Kolar have horns, too, and they're not evil.

Good point, maybe Mas Amedda is't evil, maybe he's just...blue. :crazed:

trandoshan666
02-05-2005, 07:35 PM
I agree with Slicker. But clearly Mas Amedda is a willing player in the scheme to dupe Jar Jar into granting Palpatine emergency powers to use the clone army.
Palpatine says with his trademark sincere insincerity: But what senator would have the courage to propose such a radical amendment?
Amedda replies with equal insincerity:If only Senator Amidala were here.

I believe that this obviously orchestrated exchange tells us that Palpatine and Mas Amedda were well aware of their audience and were working together to sucker in a well-intended Jar Jar, whom they knew would act accordingly.
Was Mas Amedda evil? Maybe. Power-hungry? Definitely.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-05-2005, 07:52 PM
Mas Amedda was working with Valorum and just transferred over to Palpatine's regime in TPM. So he wasn't evil all along. They're definitely evil now, if they weren't all along, most likely because of Palpatine's persuasion.

tagmac
02-06-2005, 12:26 AM
Mas Amedda likely WAS evil all along. If you remember from TPM, he stops Vallorum from shouting down the Trade Federation's protests, and Palpy refers to Mas as "the beaurecrat....on the payroll of the Trade Federation." Seems to me that he was Palpy's willing pawn all along.