PDA

View Full Version : ONLY a MASTER OF EVIL?!?!?

mabudonicus
02-06-2005, 07:20 AM
I got the VOTC Vader yesterday and so, as I do, I was walking about the house posing him and reciting dialogue when I got to the famous exchange in ANH

somehow I never noticed how downright silly the line is... I mean ONLY a MASTER of EVIL?!?!?!

I don't understand how that's a put-down......
Ben was master of a mud hut with no windows or floors, for crying out loud, Darth's personal vehicle was a flippin' STAR DESTROYER with a crew of hundreds

Ben had to trick Luke into pawning off all his posessions just to pay for blackmarket transit....
I dunno, but at that particular point in time, I'd say Vader got the long end of the stick since the end of ROTS

Anyone else have this notion before???

stillakid
02-06-2005, 09:34 AM
Ah yes, but it's all just part of that age old question of man vs machine which the Saga is ripe with. Also the adage which states that "stuff" isn't the way to happiness. So even though Vader had everything he could ever want, it was all to satisfy evil intent so in the end, it was less than Ben ever had which was lov... er um, well, you get the idea. :D

Anyway, at that time, of course Vader thought that he had it all...the big yacht, minions at his beckon call, enough officers to kill...no babes though, unless 21B installed a bionic you-know-what...but by the end of ROTJ, he learns the ultimate lesson yadda yadda yadda, blah blah blah. Money doesn't buy you happiness yadda... Of course all that is hooey. Only rich people will tell you that. :rolleyes: I don't know about you, but being able to pay my bills and have time and money to take nice vacations sure makes me happier. Living in Old Ben type squalor in the middle of a freakin' desert planet would just suck big ones. For my money, I'd rather be Vader livin' in the lap of luxury even if I was "only a master of evil." :evil:

sith_killer_99
02-06-2005, 12:59 PM
Hmmm, I can't help think about that "more machine now than man" line.

I mean how much of vader was a machine? We don't really know who's "stick" was longer! :eek:

Besides, in Vader's condition could he even experience human contact...flesh on flesh so to speak. What if every nerve ending in his body had been destroyed? Could he even breath the same air as a normal person?

Maybe Vader had no need for babes?!?!?! :eek:

Nope, I think I would prefer to be a whole man! :crazed: ;)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-06-2005, 01:26 PM
When Darth Vader tells Obi-Wan he's now the master, he's obviously trying to say he's better than Ben. Obi-Wan apparently thinks that good Jedi are more powerful than evil Sith, so maybe he said that because he thought it was better to be good than evil. Or, Lucas couldn't think of anything else to say. :D

2-1B
02-07-2005, 01:06 AM
I'll take Ben's simple lifestyle over Vader's Iron Lung any day. :Ogre:

Ideally though, I would choose life as a cyborg but ONLY if I were to be modeled after a certain medical droid. ;)
Maybe my brain could reside in his torso cavity. Other than that, Tooby Twoby Tube is superior to me in every way. It's not even close to being a question of "2-1B or not 2-1B" - I mean, isn't it obvious ?

JediTricks
02-07-2005, 09:56 PM
When Darth Vader tells Obi-Wan he's now the master, he's obviously trying to say he's better than Ben. Obi-Wan apparently thinks that good Jedi are more powerful than evil Sith, so maybe he said that because he thought it was better to be good than evil. Or, Lucas couldn't think of anything else to say. :D
I think you nailed it, Vader is claiming he's a Jedi Master now, but Obi-Wan is letting him know that he's only a Master of evil, of Sith powers which are easier but more destructive and not as rewarding. Granted, Vader probably couldn't care less about that, but I don't think it was Obi-Wan trying to do his rendition of a "yo mama" joke either, just putting Vader in his right place since he clearly has not usurped the position of superior as he claims he has.

mabudonicus
02-08-2005, 09:03 AM
but I don't think it was Obi-Wan trying to do his rendition of a "yo mama" joke either, just putting Vader in his right place since he clearly has not usurped the position of superior as he claims he has.
Tee hee... JT said "Yo mama" :beard:

And then Vader sends him on a one way trip to Spiritsville.... which, I guess, is ben's way of proving his superiority :crazed:

Slicker
02-08-2005, 01:43 PM
Maybe my brain could reside in his torso cavity. Other than that, Tooby Twoby Tube is superior to me in every way. Then you'd look like Krang from TMNT. That'd be friggin sweet!!!

2-1B
02-08-2005, 04:35 PM
Then you'd look like Krang from TMNT. That'd be friggin sweet!!!

You got that right.