PDA

View Full Version : LOTR EE Marathon!

Reefer Shark
02-06-2005, 12:50 PM
Anyone do the LOTR Extended Edition marathon yet?

I just did this yesterday with a buddy, and we loved it! It went a lot quicker than you would think. Watching it all thogether like that really makes it seem like one big seamless movie, very well done! Peter Jackson deserves all praise he has gotten for this trilogy.

If anyone has any interest in doing this, I would say go for it! Just make sure you have plenty of food, drink, and longbottom leaf handy..... You'll need it for the journey! :)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-06-2005, 01:43 PM
Did you guys do nothing else all day? Did it go from breakfast to dinner and beyond, or what? I think it'd be fun to do this, plus the six SW films, and eventually the seven HP films. As long as I had nothing to do that day. :D

General_Grievous
02-06-2005, 02:48 PM
I did this about two months ago. It was fun to finally see the movies as they were meant to be: as one ginormous film.

Can't wait to do it with the six Star Wars films later on this year.

Slicker
02-06-2005, 03:01 PM
I've wanted to do that with LOTR because, although I've seen them all, they were spaced out by a couple of months so I forgot what happened in the previous movie.

I can't even remember how many times I've done this with the Holy Trilogy but that's always good fun.

Ji'dai
02-06-2005, 03:19 PM
I tried to get through all three but in the end had to settle for a LOTR and TTT EE marathon. It was nearly midnight when I stopped and I didn't feel like staying up another four and half hours to watch ROTK. The DVD player was getting kind of hot anyway :D

I still haven't watched ROTK EE though. I really need to schedule some time to do it. I have yet to watch the Star Wars DVD Trilogy too. I haven't seen the OT in three years though so there's no hurry I guess.

Kidhuman
02-06-2005, 08:27 PM
about one month ago, Starz had them all on, not the EE though. I did that and loved it.

scruffziller
02-08-2005, 10:13 AM
about one month ago, Starz had them all on, not the EE though. I did that and loved it.

And probably in FOOLSCREEN, no doubt.:rolleyes:

2-1B
02-08-2005, 05:37 PM
This is a timely topic for me because I plan on doing this very marathon on Friday. I have the day off so I figure that I will start around 11am or Noon.

I won't be including any of the extra features, though. ;)

Kidhuman
02-08-2005, 08:54 PM
And probably in FOOLSCREEN, no doubt.:rolleyes:

Yeah but when its not my own to watch, you take what you get.

JetsAndHeels
02-08-2005, 09:18 PM
This is a timely topic for me because I plan on doing this very marathon on Friday. I have the day off so I figure that I will start around 11am or Noon.

I won't be including any of the extra features, though. ;)

Sounds like alot of fun buddy.
I guess we won't see you on again until late, late Friday or early Saturday.
lol

JON9000
02-10-2005, 12:34 PM
I simply cannot sit and watch television all day long. I like the movies, but I can barely sit through one in a sitting!

gsr-jedi
02-12-2005, 10:23 PM
I simply cannot sit and watch television all day long. I like the movies, but I can barely sit through one in a sitting!

I'm like you, I started to do this, but couldn't sit through all 12 hours. I ended up taking breaks after each disc and watching 3 discs each day, and it was still a heck of a lot of time spent in my room.