PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite Super Bowl commercials

Exhaust Port
02-06-2005, 10:17 PM
http://dyn.ifilm.com/superbowlads/

My two favorite commericals were the Anheuser Busch Bud Light: Parachuting where the pilot chases the 6 pack out of the plane and GoDaddy: Strapless where the pretty woman tries to get approval for her upcoming commerical. Both of those really had me laughing out loud. :D

Slicker
02-06-2005, 10:20 PM
My favorites were the "While you were out" one where the guy is at home with his friends beer, house, and girlfriend. And I also liked the parachuting one. That was pretty crazy and unexpected.

James Boba Fettfield
02-06-2005, 10:48 PM
Didn't really notice the commercials too much.

Batman Begins tv spot was nice to see, especially Batmobile footage. And The Shield promos made me :D

Other than that, nothing really made me take notice in between the game breaks.

Kidhuman
02-06-2005, 10:56 PM
I dug the one with Burt and the Bear.

Turbowars
02-06-2005, 11:21 PM
The Monster Diet Pepsi truck was kind of funny. Love the Bud light one. Over all they weren't that great. I mean for 2+ mill for 30 seconds you think they would have been better. The 1/2 time was lame. I guess after last year boob deal nothing will be able to live up to it.lol

El Chuxter
02-07-2005, 12:10 PM
Burt Reynolds and the bear was the best, and not just because it was a bear!

The commercial with the cat knocking over the pasta sauce was pretty hilarious, too.

I was actually a bit let down by Batman Begins. I was hoping to see more. :(

Exhaust Port
02-07-2005, 12:48 PM
I forgot about the cat one, it was one of the funniest commercials of the SB. :D

JEDIpartner
02-07-2005, 12:50 PM
My favourite commerical was the one that didn't air! It was from Budweiser and it showed some guy going into a dressing room at the stadium to deliver flowers and grabbing a bottle of Bud. He has trouble opening it so he tries to get a little friction from a "familiar looking garment" hanging over a chair by a make-up table. The garment tears and he tries to get it all patched up with tape but to no avail. He goes to another room and watches the halftime show. You don't see the image but the audio has the crowd roaring and the announcer stating, "Whoa! That's something you don't see everyday...!!!" Referring to a certain "warbrobe malfunction".

VERY funny... :D

CLICK HERE!!! (http://s28.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0U008SFIU7Y8M2O1MYSJAG1UUX )

CaptainSolo1138
02-07-2005, 01:36 PM
The Carreerbuilder.com ads with the monkeys were pretty good. Those were the only ones that really stuck to me this year. Kind of a lame crop.

kool-aid killer
02-07-2005, 01:50 PM
The commercial aspect of the Super Bowl is definitely overrated, but i really like the one where the kids knock the baseball over the fence and in return for a bag of chips they throw over, they get the ball, a car, and MC Hammer. Funniest part was the kids throwing Hammer back over the fence. I thought the ones with the monkeeys in the office were funny too.

Exhaust Port
02-07-2005, 02:11 PM
The other MC Hammer ad where he goes from being rich to being broke was enjoyable as well.

JEDIpartner
02-07-2005, 03:24 PM
Okay... did ANY of you download that ad I posted? :rolleyes:

DarthBrandon
02-07-2005, 03:37 PM
The cat one was with out a doubt the best IMHO, the one with the girl & the hot sauce (Tabasco on her bikini) was also good. My friends & I discussed how funny we thought it was that a girl in a bikini showing her T&A (more less) was O.K. to advertise Tabsco sauce during the SB, but show one breast during the HT show & the people want blood. :D Kinda Ironic we thought. Anyways it was good one to watch this time around.

Exhaust Port
02-07-2005, 03:57 PM

I watched it soon after it made the news. I don't know what the big deal was as it wasn't like the ad was indecent just that it made reference to last years issue. Oh the humanity.

General_Grievous
02-07-2005, 03:59 PM
Commercials for the Super Bowl this year were kind of lame. My favorite one was the MC Hammer Lays Potato Chips one. Shame they didn't use the "wardrobe malfunction" commercial. Looking back on it a year later, it amazes me how stupid the whole thing was. One boob, everybody goes ape ****. Big deal! Michael Moore's bosoms are bigger, and they're allowed to come out in public! :p

JON9000
02-07-2005, 05:02 PM
godaddy.com. And I hope everyone with a propensity to be offended by that sort of thing blew a gasket and suffered a heart attack.

JediTricks
02-07-2005, 09:27 PM
http://dyn.ifilm.com/superbowlads/

My two favorite commericals were the Anheuser Busch Bud Light: Parachuting where the pilot chases the 6 pack out of the plane and GoDaddy: Strapless where the pretty woman tries to get approval for her upcoming commerical. Both of those really had me laughing out loud. :D
The former is possibly the ONLY commercial I really liked during the show, and the latter was just sad and goofy (it could have worked if the girl they got had been able to act as well as jiggle her chest, but alas... plus, GoDaddy is one of the worst places to register a domain unless you enjoy having it hijacked out from under you - "ooh, I saved $4 on this domain" "yeah, but now that it's doing lots of traffic, a thousand different webmasters have stolen it away from you, that was worth the 4 bucks, right?").

Burt & the Bear was almost working for me, but somehow missed the mark. The Batman Begins trailer was edited so fast that I really didn't get any sense from anything except that Michael Caine was a terrible piece of casting. The monkeys at work was ok, but somehow it also missed the mark. The MC Hammer over the fence one was funny in theory but somehow didn't do it for me.

Like Turbo, I thought the P Diddy Died Pepsi Truck commercial was kinda funny, the second time they showed it though it didn't hold up.

Exhaust Port
02-07-2005, 10:04 PM
.. plus, GoDaddy is one of the worst places to register a domain unless you enjoy having it hijacked out from under you - "ooh, I saved $4 on this domain" "yeah, but now that it's doing lots of traffic, a thousand different webmasters have stolen it away from you, that was worth the 4 bucks, right?").

I've had my domain registered through them for a few years now with no problems. Unfortunately the woman in the commercial has yet to appear at my door to thank me for my patronage. Darn. :D

The 'Xir
02-07-2005, 10:33 PM
Hey believe you me, there's no one here that loves to oggle more at an attractive woman(especially a Brunette) than me; but I don't know, The GoDaddy.com had an odd reception in the bar I was in, we all sat there and there was like this collective gasp, and then silence in the bar! I mean after the fact I got that it was kind of a mock on the whole "warderobe malfunction" theme, but it was still pretty tasteless and cheap! Although, it still got a pretty good laugh at the end with the old geezer nedding oxygen! ;) But, It was still strange, I swear I have never heard a packed bar more quiet since Princess Diana was killed! I don't know if everyone was shocked by it, or just speechless with anticpation of the rest of the outfit faltering! :D :p :crazed: Go figure!

Anyways, I did like the FedEx commercial with Burt and the Bear, I can't recall the cat one that everyone here is talking about,(must of been in the mens room for that one), and That MC Hammer bankruptcy commercial was pretty good(man he must really be desperate(not that most don't know about it already, but that takes balls to show it infront of the largest tv viewing audiences in the world!)). There was another one that I can't think of at the moment that I don't think anyone has mentioned that was pretty good, I'lll have to see If I can remember!

Overall, though the whole thing was pretty disappointing, Game(great game(bad end result)), commercials, and halftime! Oh well, there's always hockee... springtraining! :stupid:

The 'Xir
02-07-2005, 10:56 PM
OK, going back and watching a couple of them, why I didn't remember the cat killer one was because I only caught the very end of it during the game, it was pretty funny, but the other one I was trying to think of that I thought was funnier, happens to be the other commercial by ?Ameriquest? with the Tazer scare/You're being robbed!!! Now that was funnier than ssssin! lol

JEDIpartner
02-08-2005, 09:16 AM
I watched it soon after it made the news. I don't know what the big deal was as it wasn't like the ad was indecent just that it made reference to last years issue. Oh the humanity.

I found it refreshing to see that SOMEONE had a sense of humour about the whole spectacle. It's too bad they didn't use it. Oh, well... that's America for you! :rolleyes:

Mandalorian Candidat
02-08-2005, 09:54 AM

I just watched it and thought it was pretty good.

I enjoyed the cat/pasta one, the Diet Pepsi Truck one, and even thought the DirectTV/TV evolution commercial was pretty slick. My favorite was the one with Cedric for Bud Light when he's on the desert island with BL and two hot chicks who start nagging him to build a hut. You can't go wrong with Cedric.

James Boba Fettfield
02-08-2005, 02:52 PM
godaddy.com. And I hope everyone with a propensity to be offended by that sort of thing blew a gasket and suffered a heart attack.

Racy GoDaddy Ad Pulled From Second Viewing (http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050208/ap_en_tv/super_bowl_ad_pulled_2)

And JP, I do believe Exhaust Port had a thread about that Bud commercial a week or so ago. I remember making fun of Joe Buck in that thread.

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=26489

Fluke Skywalker
02-08-2005, 06:53 PM
GoDaddy (For obvious reasons), anything with a Monkey in it, Burt Reynolds and the dancing Bear (Though it was tough to tell 'em apart at times).

JediTricks
02-09-2005, 07:45 PM
I've had my domain registered through them for a few years now with no problems. Unfortunately the woman in the commercial has yet to appear at my door to thank me for my patronage. Darn. :D
Well, maybe nobody wants to steal your domain. One of the ways popular domains registered through them are so easy to steal is that they don't have weekend support, so a domain-thief puts in a list of a couple hundred domains he wants transferred on Friday, the GoDaddy people don't catch the mistake and the URL is usurped with nobody to fix it till Monday, not even buxom women in failing t-shirts. ;)

The 'Xir
02-17-2005, 09:49 AM
Do you guys remember the Volvo/Virgin superbowl commercial? (http://dyn.ifilm.com/superbowlads/)

Have you guys done this (http://www.boldlygo.com/index.asp) yet?!

Most likely it will be any of ours' only chance to ever go! Not unless you got about $300,000 to spend on a ticket! :crazed: