PDA

View Full Version : Episode I Bloopers Left In The Film

Jek Porky 2002
01-03-2002, 08:39 AM
Does anybody know if there were many blooper left in Episode I appart from these?

When Anakin puts C-3PO's eye back in, on the close-up of just Anakin, he picks it up with his left hand, when the view changes to a head on view of C-3PO it is in his right hand.

When Queen Amidala regains control of the Throne room as she walks over to her throne her foot just slightly slips on the floor.

Oh yes, and who could forget the biggest mistake of all, pretty much all through the film there is this one character named Jar Jar Binks, apparantly this came from when George Lucas visited Ewan McGregor on the set of Trainspotting and started to experement with Heroine.

Jedi Teacher
01-03-2002, 01:49 PM
On the DVD if you listen to the commentary they point out these two things:

1. During the pod race, there's a brief scene where the camera if focused on Anakin's face and Sebulba's pod is behind him, but there's no Sebulba in the pod

2. On Tatooine (I think) Obi-Wan has his braid on the wrong side of his head

Rollo Tomassi
01-03-2002, 02:47 PM
When Obi Wan is dueling Maul at the end and they spin away from each other, Ewan nearly loses his footing on the slippery linoleum.

Fulit
01-03-2002, 02:58 PM
I hear that Eopie didn't mean to fart, but they left it in. Does that count?

master jedi
01-03-2002, 10:49 PM
I can't think think of any off the top of my head but you can find good one at the two links i've provided below.

http://www.slipups.com/

and

http://www.egosystem.com/starwars/bloopers.htm

Obi-Don
01-04-2002, 12:47 AM
The Eopie fart scene could have been left out. It was to me one of the lamest parts of the movie.

TeeEye7
01-04-2002, 01:45 AM
Amen, Obi-Don!

Jek Porky 2002
01-04-2002, 06:24 AM
Here, Here!

Bel-Cam Jos
01-04-2002, 12:49 PM
Qui-Gon's Magical Shrinking Mustache is another frequent one. Obi-Wan's braid also moves often. And the famous Mace Windu stand-in on Naboo.

Jek Porky 2002
01-04-2002, 03:36 PM
I always thought that wasn't Sam Jackson on Naboo, is it the bit where all the Jedi are walking down the ramp of the cruiser?
Tell Me More?

Jargo
01-04-2002, 05:51 PM
I must be the only one in the whole wide world who likes the fact that an Eopie farts in Jar Jar's face. Maybe it's just down to me being educated at a boarding school or something equally 'terribly British dontcha know old bean', or maybe I just need to grow up and learn to like the dull serious jedi mumblings instead of the fun stuff... :rolleyes:

There's always Rollo's 'cat' spaceman who walks along talking to thin air, because there were originally two spacemen walking together but George had one taken out. It's a scene where the sith probe travels along a street and then disappears around a corner. :)

chewie
01-04-2002, 07:39 PM
The eopie farting was just uncalled for with all the dumbness that Jar Jar already placed in the movie. A well placed blaster shot to Jar Jar's face would've been far funnier, and would have really done a lot to enhance the movie. :)

JediTricks
01-05-2002, 12:18 AM
One thing that I don't think even Lucas could fix is the various ages of Anakin problem. You see, in principle filming, Jake Lloyd was a cherubic 7 year old, but 18 months later when they did pickup shots, Jake Lloyd was 9 years old, several inches taller, had lost several baby teeth, had lost some baby fat, and had different colored hair. So while Ewan McGregor only has longer hair in the pickup shots in the movie (to be fair, the hair is obviously a different length in those shots), it looks like there's almost 2 totally different actors playing Anakin.

The stand-in for Sam Jackson could be seen in the ramp scene and again at the final parade scene, but was digitally replaced on the VHS versions with the real Sam Jackson.

stillakid
01-05-2002, 12:33 AM
George mistakenly left in a few references for something called Midichlorians. Certainly they couldn't possibly belong in the film...could they?

chewie
01-05-2002, 01:34 PM
And then there's the Jabba looking as old as he did in RotJ in TPM. Though apparently this isn't considered a flub. Apparently the special edition of ANH is the one that's "wrong" with Jabba's flesh tones and size.

GNT
01-05-2002, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Obi-Don
The Eopie fart scene could have been left out. It was to me one of the lamest parts of the movie.

The whole movie was lame to begin with :p

2 scenes that bug me:

When Obi jumps and slices Maul into 2 he didn't have his lightsaber on,but everyscene before and after had it on?

When the queen goes for the gun in her chair in her thrown room, you see a shot of panaka(?) and a royal guard behind him,the RG makes a move(fire his weapon at the Battle droids) then when we see a shot of Amidala throwing the gun to Captain Panaka we see the RG make the exact same move, aaaarrrrrggggghhhh it bugs me!

snakeplkn
01-05-2002, 11:25 PM
Star Wars: Episode I, wait a minute -- it actually came out? I thought Lucas was still thinking about doing another trilogy. Wait ... so that "test footage" I saw back in '99 was actually the movie? No way.

Snake Plissken
"A little human compassion"

Emperor Howdy
01-07-2002, 02:56 AM
I hear ya, Jargo....I guess I have issues as well, since I loved watching Jar Jar get pelted in the melon with a smelly flatulent.......but then again.....I think farts are funny anyway.

Fulit
01-07-2002, 11:23 AM
Emperor Howdy, if you think farts are funny, I used to have a tape you would love. It was this guy that went around with a tape recorder for a year, and recorded all his farts, gave them names according to what they sounded like or whatever, and made a tape with a cover and everything. The "songs" had titles like "Parrot", "Question", "Morning Coffee", etc. He called it "Fartage". I might still have a copy around here somewhere. I had to put it up because it got old.

Everyone I've told about this that lives in another state has said the same thing: "Is this what you people do for fun in Arkansas"?, so I have to point out that the guy who made the tape is actually British. It's so funny because he'll announce the "title" before the fart in this proper British accent.

And sorry about going so grossly off-topic for the thread subject here.

Jek Porky 2002
01-07-2002, 04:12 PM
That sounds hillarious, you just can't beet a good wet fart to get you laughing, the best ones are were you sit on a wooden table or a plastic chair, wonderfull!:D

Emperor Howdy
01-08-2002, 03:47 AM
Fulit....dude....you gotta find that. Wonder if it's Mr. Methane, the british guy who farts at will.......

.........and Jek......man, did ya HAVE to say "wet"? Urrrrrgh :dead:

Fulit
01-08-2002, 01:18 PM
I'll look for it, I have to clean out my house anyway. It could take weeks, I have a lot of obscure junk, and a high degree of laziness. If/When I find it I will leave you a private message to arrange to send a copy.

Jek Porky 2002
01-08-2002, 07:00 PM
Bla

JEDIpartner
01-10-2002, 10:56 AM
One of the most annoying things I saw in TPM involves the scene where Padme is cleaning up Artoo and Jar-Jar is talking to them. The last shot of the wipe has the print reversed and this is quite obvious because Artoo's features are all on the wrong sides of his dome and body!!!!

It's kinda like in ANH when Luke says, "Hey uncle, how about that blue one?" and they cut to Artoo and you see Arfive still standing next to him even though he is half-way to the homestead and has blown his motivator! It's the same shot as when Threepio is blathering on about his functional capabilities.

So, that scene and the aforementioned Obi-Wan's braid scene after he makes that comment about "another pathetic life-form" BOTH bug me the most. The other ones are more or less excusable.

mabudonicus
01-14-2002, 05:44 PM
In the final battle over Naboo, there seems to be only one control ship, yet the initial blockade was made up of a few of them( if I recall rightly- I've only sat through it a couple of times) Does this sound right, even if it's only a continuity gaffe (I'm sure some EU novel or comic explains it somehow, the other ships got called away or something) If there were other ships, why would destroying one destroy them all? Wouldn't the others serve as some sort of redundancy/backup system? I dunno, it just always kinda bugged me.

El Chuxter
01-14-2002, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by mabudon
In the final battle over Naboo, there seems to be only one control ship, yet the initial blockade was made up of a few of them( if I recall rightly- I've only sat through it a couple of times) Does this sound right, even if it's only a continuity gaffe (I'm sure some EU novel or comic explains it somehow, the other ships got called away or something) If there were other ships, why would destroying one destroy them all? Wouldn't the others serve as some sort of redundancy/backup system? I dunno, it just always kinda bugged me.

Ric and Qui-Gon (?) comment on this on their return to Naboo. Apparently, once Naboo was subjugated, only one ship was necessary to control the battledroids, so the others left.

mabudonicus
01-15-2002, 12:59 PM
Thanks EC! It still bugs me though, it just seemed that naboo was the flashpoint of the situation in TPM, and where did the other ships go( I'm not arguing, it just seems kinda weird)? Maybe they went off to do some death star-style P.R.?