About 537 bucs w/o tax
w/ tax about 575

Ive mad a simple equation to find out how this will affect you:

A-A=C

A=all your money at the time
C=no money

CooLJoE
02-07-2005, 01:22 AM
$500 sounds about right. Maybe less, maybe more. Depends what all I can find that night.

Sith Lord 0498
02-07-2005, 05:43 AM
I'm hovering around $200 for Midnight Madness. It would've likely been more but I have the ROTS mini-sabers on pre-order and I have a gigantic (and pricy) list of non-ROTS in the "purchasing pipeline" so to say.

Kidhuman
02-07-2005, 09:19 AM
Around 500 for the whole year, unless some stuff comes out that has not been announced yet.

Slicker
02-07-2005, 11:31 AM
I think with 56 figs coming down the line at roughly $6 apiece that comes out to around $340 but I'm also gonna include the two-packs and vehicles and that would put me around $600-$700 for the year barring any other non ROTS releases.

JetsAndHeels
02-07-2005, 11:43 AM
I would like to say that I will not be spending as much this time around, but that was the approach I took for EP2. I ended up spending a boatload of money.
I think my strategy this time will be to have one complete set of the basic figures (maybe extras of some I will open), a few vehicles, and perhaps a few of the deluxe sets.
Not sure how much this will come to, but I plan to at least have $250-$300 with me for midnight.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-07-2005, 11:46 AM
On April 2, I'll only have $60 to spend (as I can't legally work yet, and I still need to pay off the preview wave before I get more allowance) so I plan on getting most of Collection 1 Wave 1. It's good in movie years because you can always find anything you want at any time (Ephant Mon in 2002 being the exception) so I'm not gonna worry. I plan on getting a crapload of stuff at CIII as well. By year's end, I want to have all the new figures, vehicles, multi-packs, vehicles, and lightsabers.

DarthQuack
02-07-2005, 01:33 PM
I plan on dropping about 200, I figure about 150 for the 24 figures at Walmart, plus some vehicles if they are looking to go fast.

Ji'dai
02-07-2005, 01:53 PM
As little as possible. Hasbro's decision to raise prices again has definitely affected my attitude toward collecting their product. I'm toying with the idea of waiting a year or so and just buying someone's ROTS collection on eBay. Collection lots usually sell for less than their original retail value so it might be worth waiting.

I'll probably go ahead and buy the army builder figures at retail since they alone tend to appreciate in value on the secondary market. I'll also watch these forums to keep a tab on what is rare or hard to find so I don't pass those figures up when I see them.

kool-aid killer
02-07-2005, 02:04 PM
Im thinking around $75 dollars right now, but come the day it could be more or less. What im really going to aim for is to get villains first, they seem to be the "rare" ones at first. Maul was impossible to find when Episode 1 figures first hit, and so was Dooku when Episode 2 arrived, so im thinking its going to be the same this time. But in terms of how much im going to spend this year on Star Wars figures, im thinking its going to be around a grand. Now that i mention it, i think im going to keep tabs of how much i spend this year on Star Wars toys.

ethansports
02-07-2005, 02:25 PM
I'll only be buying some of the single-packed figures. Maybe 1 or two vehicles. So far, the figures I am aiming for are:

- Obi-Wan Kenobi
- Anakin
- General Grievous (not the Preview figure, the one with more than 2 arms)
- Palpatine (hooded with lightsaber)
- Count Dooku
- Chancellor Palpatine
- Padme
- Grievous Bodyguard
- Darth Vader
- Yoda
- Bail Organa
- Chewbacca
- Royal Guard
- Clone Commander

Around $100, just including the figures.

General_Grievous
02-07-2005, 04:04 PM
Well, for Midnight Madness, I'm aiming for about $200-$350 for all 24 (or more) figures, a few select vehicles, and the 12 inch and Unleashed versions of General Grievous (naturally). The next day, I'll probably spend a bit more on the ROTS books and soundtrack, so that's about $400 for April 2nd and 3rd.

Overall in 2005, I can see about $600 being spent this year, maybe more.

Joshkj
02-07-2005, 04:58 PM
WAIT how many figs are coming out on the second??? just 24 i thought you guys would be buying all 57 and losing all the money you have

Slicker
02-07-2005, 04:59 PM
Overall in 2005, I can see about $600 being spent this year, maybe more.I too can see myself spending much more than my figure total. If this had been an all inclusive ROTS toy I would've also included the Legos which will no doubts run me several hundred, all of the vehicles, food promotional items, and misc. stuff like Pez. With all of this added in I'll be over the $1,000 mark for the year.

jedi master sal
02-07-2005, 05:31 PM
I can't say exact, but it will be multi-thousands. (Sometimes it stinks to be an army builder...) Just ask my almost 500 clonetroopers...Anyway

If you were just talking on ROTS toy release night (4/2/5) then less than $100. I'm going to wait for some things to clearance. I'm an opener so I have that "luxury." If you meant just 2005, probably around 2-3K, if total ROTS purchase then see above.

All I can say is thank God for a good education and a great job that pays pretty well.

-Sal

Joshkj
02-07-2005, 07:29 PM
what job pays your armys lol?

Fluke Skywalker
02-07-2005, 07:52 PM
If we're just talking opening night (And the next few days after that) I'd guess around $200 W/Tax. The total I'm not sure about because I still haven't seen everything yet, but I'd guess around $400 or so.

Rocketboy
02-07-2005, 09:52 PM
On figures? Maybe $25-30. I'm going to be picky. I couldn't tell you the last figure I bought and I'm not impressed by the preview wave. I need a Vader at least.

But when it comes to the books, I want the novelization and Art of ROTS for sure. Maybe another one or two book, depending on what gets released.

All in all, I'll try to save at least $100, maybe $150.

AmanaMatt
02-08-2005, 02:53 AM
Maybe $50. Sorry, but I am not impressed by most of the figs so far...

I will get a C-3PO, any Wookie fig, Vader, and a few Clone types.

garbognar
02-08-2005, 03:28 AM
I am getting a new credit card just for the occasion. Since this will be the last MM for a SW movie I might as well go nuts. The nice thing about smaller towns is I have never had to fight or rush for ep1 or 2 stuff. As long as the store stocks it I can take my time picking everything over. I will probably continue my trend of spending $250-$300 on the first day.

kool-aid killer
02-08-2005, 09:12 AM
Welcome to the boards garbognar, i too recently just started using a credit card (though i always make sure ive got the money at home so i can pay the bill off immediately) and it might just come in handy if i see a lot more figures that i want than i anticipated getting. And it sounds like you wont have much competition getting the figures you need, something that lots of us here would probably kill for. I had never gone to any of the previous Midnight Madness but like you said, since this is the last Star Wars movie were going to see im doing it this year. It will be nice to see who the other geeks in my city are.

Dark Marble
02-08-2005, 09:20 AM
Well, this is the first time that I am setting out to get all the new figures on an opening day. I didn't do this for Ep I or Ep II, so it all depends on what I find. I want all the new figures, and some new vehicles. Maybe (hopefully) only about 200 or 250?????

dindae
02-08-2005, 09:53 AM
Well I haven't broken out a calculator because i'm trying to avoid spoilers. Having already seen too much for my taste by looking at upcoming figures I won't look anymore to get the full list. But I will be getting all 3 3/4 figures, glactic heroes, vehichles and lego sets (although legos won't be right away). I will also buy multiples of army builders and eventually a new display cabinet. The things I won't get are the attactix, the 12", the 6" figures, and the new playskool stuff.

CaptainSolo1138
02-08-2005, 10:20 AM
Right around $20. I'll probably only get a few figures that first nite. My spending will probably increase (if my checkbook agrees) after I see the movie.

Joshkj
02-08-2005, 07:17 PM
Ive really surpriesd myself, in the past 2 days ive got 100 bucks lol

jedi master sal
02-09-2005, 01:12 PM
what job pays your armys lol?

My armies don't get paid. I buy them once. Then they have to work off their indentured service...ha ha

Seriously though, I have a good job that pays well enough to afford me the opportunity to collect what I want for the most part. I'm in advertising and marketing though to be more specific.

Ric Olie
02-09-2005, 04:00 PM
Only what I can afford. Somewhere between $50.00 and $75.00 the first week they're out. I'll skip characters like Mace Windu, Yoda, C-3PO and R2-D2 because they're not much different then the ones I already have.

Joshkj
02-09-2005, 06:14 PM
I have no starwars figs so im geting them all