PDA

View Full Version : Catching up on things

JetsAndHeels
02-07-2005, 11:17 AM
Well I have finally gotten a chance to get back on here regularly. It's been a pretty good while since I have been able to post and enjoy the forums like I used to back in the day. Since its been a while, let me update you all on what I have been upto...

First and foremost, I graduated college in December. It only took me 8 years, but I guess that isn't the point..
I have been relentlessly looking for a career. My degree is in criminal justice, so I have been sending in countless resumes and applications for a good job.
I have a job now, but it is not one I plan on keeping. Its just that-a job, not a career.
So, with the job 5 days a week and going to school full time, thats what I have been doing for the past several months. Now I am graduated, a new SW film is coming out soon, and I have the time to get on here and get the most of the forums again.

I missed hanging out here, chatting with my buddies and discussing SW. Now its time to do it again, and I am as excited as ever.

So, hello to everyone I have missed for so long. Its good to be back.

Exhaust Port
02-07-2005, 11:59 AM
Welcome back. I myself took 7 years fulltime to graduate from college. Looks like you got me beat. :) I'm sure you've heard the joke "You know what they call a 7 year college graduate? A doctor." ha ha Jokes on me. ;)

2-1B
02-07-2005, 12:44 PM
Welcome back and Congrats, JF96 ! Nice to see you back at SSG. :)
Still collecting McFarlane NFL ?
I started a thread somewhere about the series before last but I don't think anybody here really collects them anymore . . . :confused:

JetsAndHeels
02-07-2005, 04:14 PM
Good one, Exhaust Port. I think that joke was also in the movie Tommy Boy.
Funny stuff.
Caesar, yes I still do collect the McFarlane figures. I am eagerly anticipating the release of the NFL Legends series this summer. There is not a Joe Namath in it, but I am sure it will be in the second series.
You still collecting football cards? I have totally gone nuts this year on the rookie class. You know the Jets drafted Vilma....I've got a ton of the autos and other stuff from this year. If you want to see it all let me know. I've got a picture album of that and my Tarheels autos in my yahoo page.

Great to be back guys...Thanks for the welcome.

Kidhuman
02-07-2005, 08:28 PM
Yo, JF96, long time. Glad to see you back. Congrats on the graduation.

DarthQuack
02-07-2005, 08:36 PM
Nice job getting the diploma. It's nice to have something no matter how worthless our jobs can be :D that we can still have something no one can take away from us!!

JetsAndHeels
02-07-2005, 09:03 PM
Yo, JF96, long time. Glad to see you back. Congrats on the graduation.

Thanks buddy. How you been?

2-1B
02-08-2005, 01:06 AM
Nice job getting the diploma. It's nice to have something no matter how worthless our jobs can be :D that we can still have something no one can take away from us!!

That's how I feel. :D

Hey Jangy, I haven't been collecting football cards too much lately, just a few here and there. Last Fall I went nuts collecting Hidden Treasures autographed mini-helmets so that rang up quite a bill. ;)

As for McFarlane, I bought a few of the more recent ones - Tomlinson, Owens, Moss 2, and I got Ogden. I think that's all for now.

Joshkj
02-08-2005, 01:16 AM
:beard: Im the rookie^^

mabudonicus
02-08-2005, 09:25 AM
Hey man!! You dropped off the radar so fast last time, it seemed like less than a week between "I'm back" and "whatever happened to??"

Glad to know you are well, maybe we'll meet on AIM sometime Bro!!!!

PS there was a rule change since you were last here, every post must contain ":beard:"
Don't ask about the penalties.......

JetsAndHeels
02-08-2005, 04:16 PM
Hey man!! You dropped off the radar so fast last time, it seemed like less than a week between "I'm back" and "whatever happened to??"

Glad to know you are well, maybe we'll meet on AIM sometime Bro!!!!

PS there was a rule change since you were last here, every post must contain ":beard:"

Hey mabs...
Yeah, I know..last time I came back I got busy again with school and work. Now that school is over, I can be more active here again.
Oh, and about the ":beard:" stuff...I appreciate the heads up...

stillakid
02-09-2005, 02:36 AM

Wha...?! :eek: I thought it was a :ermm: .... hmm....

Anyhow, welcome back! :) I know I'm getting old because the thought of going back to school is actually starting to sound good. :cool:

jjreason
02-10-2005, 12:15 AM
Welcome back JF96! Email me if you still have my address and let me know what you're up to. If you don't want to become Canadian and join the Mounted Police, I'll see if I can't pull some strings and get you into CTU with my old buddy Jack Bauer. :D

JetsAndHeels
02-11-2005, 01:28 PM
LoL, thanks for the welcome Stillakid. If I learned one thing about my college experience, its that it is never too late to finish up on your degree. Better late than never.

And jjreason, thanks for your welcome also. Keep me in mind for that job with Jack Bauer.....sounds interesting. :D