PDA

View Full Version : Feb. 8th, Did you find the new Jedi Starfighter?

Sidiously Darth
02-08-2005, 12:54 AM
From everything I read, this puppy was suppose to hit stores on Feb. 8th. I hit 2 WMs after midnight, one regular, one super. I came up dry at both. Plenty of the lego version, though. I may try a Target or TRU later in the day.

Anyone else have better luck?

As a side note, it seems that things have changed. Amazon originally had this as a Feb. 8th release but that has been pushed back to Feb. 15th. Good Grief!

JEDIpartner
02-08-2005, 09:09 AM
I haven't found it yet but I will have a go after work. It looks like the SWshop has removed the item as well. it may have been pushed back another week. Who knows. I ordered an Obi-Wan fighter on Amazon yesterday as it was reportedly due on the 8th. That went to "not yet available" status as did the rest of the vehicles other than Anakin's fighter. I kinda figured it would, but I thought I'd try. I cancelled my order on it.

Slicker
02-08-2005, 01:37 PM
I haven't found it yet and that would be because I haven't gone out to look yet today. Duh!! I'm also gonna keep an eye out for Darth Tater. He's so darned cute.

Lazer Brain
02-08-2005, 04:16 PM
nope , not yet ,been to 3 walmarts 2 targets...nothing.
later

General_Grievous
02-08-2005, 04:26 PM
Didn't see any today. I might as well wait till April 2nd.

Turbowars
02-08-2005, 06:35 PM
Yeah, it's not like they wont be warming the shelves in a month or 2. Now that I saw that Obi's fighter is just a repaint of Annie's I really don't care that much to get it.

Fluke Skywalker
02-08-2005, 06:41 PM
No luck. Must have a cloaking device.

Dark Marble
02-09-2005, 10:51 AM
"No ship that small would have a cloaking device." Couldn't resist. ;)

It is really dry here too. It is nice to have a break on the wallet, but waiting is horrible. I hope that when April rolls around we all get plenty of what we want!!!

JEDIpartner
02-09-2005, 11:50 AM
April... yikes.

Ric Olie
02-09-2005, 03:49 PM
My local Walmart hasn't even put out the preview figures yet. :| I'll probably see the ships around the time the rest of the toys hit in April.

DarthQuack
02-09-2005, 06:20 PM
Nothing besides the Sneak Preview figures along with some Starfighter LEGO's, and lots of clearance is happening too.

JediTricks
02-09-2005, 08:55 PM
There are 3 sightings I've seen on the forums since yesterday so far, 1 at Meijers and 2 at Target. I spotted a shelf tag for it yesterday at Target, but they were all gone.

ndjedi
02-09-2005, 10:10 PM
There are 3 sightings I've seen on the forums since yesterday so far, 1 at Meijers and 2 at Target. I spotted a shelf tag for it yesterday at Target, but they were all gone.

JediTricks, you are right, indeed. I, too noticed the shelf tag at my local Target yersterday, and i asked an employee if that meant they had them and sold out or it was on order. It has been placed on order apparently, for today i went back and that tag has been "grey dotted" with a small sticker which means it is on order, due to being sold out or just on order period. So hopefully later this week all Targets will get the Jedi Starfighter.
I also checked out my local TRU and i had printed out the Starfighters ASIN and SKN numbers, (from toysrus.com) in which they looked up, and they told me that their warehouse had 606 of them in. But, they were not on the "Pending list" which means they would not be getting them in this week's trucks, but for sure next week they will arrive at TRU.

All this waiting around, with the delays and all all for Anakin's Jedi Starfighter is making me sick! :dis: LOL But once i do get one, it will be well worth the wait indeed!

ndjedi
02-10-2005, 10:22 AM
I FINALLY found Anakin's Starfighter this morning at my local Target! It was in the stock room, and a very nice young lady helped me out in looking for it. They only had 6 in the back room. It looks awesome and the side views are great! I have not opened it up yet, but i will on my next break from work. Go to your local Target and ask the stocking employees if they have it in yet, they should. I am so very happy i finally got it, i had been looking for weeks now! :D

JEDIpartner
02-10-2005, 11:20 AM
I may try the Target a couple miles up the road when I go on lunch. Lord knows Kmart won't have it. They don't even have the Sneak Preview wave.

JEDIpartner
02-10-2005, 03:19 PM
Jedi Starfighter: Located And Acquired.

Lazer Brain
02-11-2005, 09:13 AM
found the starfighter today at target , the had four on the shelves. it looks great!
later

Tycho
02-11-2005, 02:13 PM
Got it today. Included a comparison shot to show you that the Jedi Starfighter is a completely different mold from this ship as well as the "Azure Angel," Anakin's CW fighter (which is away in storage at the moment, thus I can't shoot a comparison picture of that one with the others also).

I like the new starfighter best of all. Very nice sculpt, detail, and feels more "manuerverable, as it's foils would make side-to-side moves easier than in Obi-Wan's old ship.

Anyway, note from my picture that the Hanger Duel Anakin will not fit in the cockpit and allow the canopy to close. I think we're due for a "short" E3 Anakin figure as noted by another forumite in his Anakin #2 figure review in this forum.

Sorry I didn't feel like putting the stickers on my fighter yet when this picture was taken. Nor did I make my bed :eek:

JediTricks
02-11-2005, 07:21 PM
Aw man, are you sure that E2 Anakin fig can't fit in there Tycho?

Thanks for the comparison shot, looks TINY though (the E2 JSF was pretty small to begin with). After reading JP's review and seeing this photo, my excitement for this piece has plummeted.

Tycho
02-11-2005, 08:01 PM
The ship's on par with most of the other vehicles actually.

Here's a more complete size comparison. I'd have put more ships in the image, but my two Dark Side masters (pictured here) wouldn't give up any more room ;)

But now you see Anakin's Starfighter's cockpit closed, and if you noted before in the previous picture, I couldn't shut it with the Hanger Duel figure inside.

Anakin figures we have now:

-Peasant Disguise? = what's the point?

-Hanger Duel = doesn't fit

-Secret Ceremony = probably as tall as Hanger Duel. I didn't want to take him out of scenes.

-Clone Wars = legs look like they're in too wide of stance. Cockpit was bigger on Azure Angel (CW) ship.

Tatooine Attack? - don't have one that wouldn't knock over a ton of Tuskens removing it from my scene, but I doubt it.

Deluxe Anakin's 1 or 2 (flipping or 2-blade slashing attack) - doubt it, but don't know. Don't think I ever opened the Deluxe (or even bought it - no I didn't buy it, that's right).

My opinion is we'll get a deliberately smaller Anakin to fit in this starfighter with the cockpit closed. Just another example of Hasbro's attention to scale easily demonstrated in my picture attached.

In my pic below, the X-wing should be the size of the F/X x-wing (or Red Leaders/ Dagobah exclusive ones), and the TIEs should be even larger (wing size, though the cockpit could be made somewhat bigger).

Jedi Starfighters and A-wings were very small - such that you didn't need a ladder to board them. Obi-Wan's real Starfighter was on display in Indianapolis and had they let you, you could have walked up on a wing to climb in the cockpit and sit down in it. I've come to the conclusion that the larger cockpit profile and higher sitting R2 unit were favored by Palpatine because it made Jedi ships easier targets (smart man, was he). If they couldn't hit you because your profile was so small, the AOTC starfighter would be the safest vehicle and possibly the fastest. A-wings (made later in the fictional universe) seem to be better fighters than the E3 starfighters as well - though the E3 design rocks asthetically.

I think they keep the 1978 X-wing, recently $20 for OTC, in production, because it is at least on scale somewhat to the Falcon and TIEs and other OTC ships - even if they are not on scale to the figures.

Fluke Skywalker
02-11-2005, 08:56 PM
Great cats, Tycho! Well, found it tonight. Meijer has them for $16.99 this week only. I haven't opened it up yet, so I can't give a final verdict but so far the pics look good. The real question will be 'Will I get the Obi-Wan version when it comes out?'

DarthQuack
02-11-2005, 09:20 PM
Tycho, what's the cats' names? :D

Tycho
02-11-2005, 09:27 PM
Tycho, what's the cats' names? :D

I usually answer to them both "Yes My Master." ;)

But what? No comment on the ship size comparisons? (previous page for some of you viewers out there).

DarthQuack
02-11-2005, 09:43 PM
Since I yet to own any vehicles in any line, more of a fan of figures, they all look good in their own respect, I'm sure some are better than others, but I can't really be a judge here :(.

Tycho
02-11-2005, 09:51 PM
To me, vehicles is the greatest reason to collect this line (3 3/4").

Kenner (back in the 70's) selected this size first, before any other toy company did, so they could make the first SW vehicles and playsets:

Landspeeder
TIE Fighter
X-wing
Millennium Falcon
Death Star Battle Station

12" size was the norm for GI Joe (from Hasbro then and now)

While as a kid I would have wanted SW ANYTHING, I have to say the size worked and it was cool how you could drop them all in a sandwich bag and take them over to your friends to play. Couldn't do that with a dozen or more 12" so easily.

So yeah, vehicles are cool - no matter how inaccurate or compromised the scale has to be for price range - stuff like the Naboo Royal Starship are not worth missing out on!

ace2005
02-13-2005, 01:08 AM
ANAKINíS JEDI STARFIGHTER

The Starfighter has shown up at Target, seems to be 4 to a case, for 19.99, in Houston, Texas.

The most I have seen at Target is four.

Good Luck,

Joshkj
02-13-2005, 12:41 PM
O saw thhis late, but got mine at a TRU on fri. Target was sold out and ya they only had 4, I think thhe best bet would go to a TRU cause they had 8, I still need to get a regular jedi starfighter(i just started collecting) but i think this one is coolere, i like the more compact shape and the pain job, but doesnt the wings on theh regular come of too?

JediTricks
02-13-2005, 07:26 PM
The ship's on par with most of the other vehicles actually.

Here's a more complete size comparison. I'd have put more ships in the image, but my two Dark Side masters (pictured here) wouldn't give up any more room ;)

But now you see Anakin's Starfighter's cockpit closed, and if you noted before in the previous picture, I couldn't shut it with the Hanger Duel figure inside.Actually, I didn't notice that the cockpit was open in that first pic, I see it now though. Thanks for the comparison, it still looks small to me (only that old X-wing is smaller in the photo, and I remember it being pretty small).

Anakin figures we have now:

-Peasant Disguise? = what's the point?

-Hanger Duel = doesn't fit

-Secret Ceremony = probably as tall as Hanger Duel. I didn't want to take him out of scenes.

-Clone Wars = legs look like they're in too wide of stance. Cockpit was bigger on Azure Angel (CW) ship.

Tatooine Attack? - don't have one that wouldn't knock over a ton of Tuskens removing it from my scene, but I doubt it.

Deluxe Anakin's 1 or 2 (flipping or 2-blade slashing attack) - doubt it, but don't know. Don't think I ever opened the Deluxe (or even bought it - no I didn't buy it, that's right). You really should try Secret Ceremony Anakin, he's the one I have in the CW blue Anakin's JSF, he has way better articulation than Hangar Duel Ani and with SC's bendable knees and ankles he should be able to fit in this Ep 3 JSF better than HD Ani. Deluxe blade-slashing Ani is kinda useless, has a big button sticking out his back and his arms keep popping off.

My opinion is we'll get a deliberately smaller Anakin to fit in this starfighter with the cockpit closed. Just another example of Hasbro's attention to scale easily demonstrated in my picture attached. I dunno, they botched the Ep 2 Anakin Coruscant Speeder by making NO figures that can fit inside that well.

I think they keep the 1978 X-wing, recently $20 for OTC, in production, because it is at least on scale somewhat to the Falcon and TIEs and other OTC ships - even if they are not on scale to the figures.At least that's a theory, first one I've heard of that didn't involve "Hasbro's cheap", but I don't think Hasbro would think that far into it, more likely they just wanted to sell a lot of $20 vehicles and the '78 X-wing is in that pricepoint while the modern one is not.

DarkArtist
02-13-2005, 08:09 PM
It Feb 13th and I still have yet to find one. Have found all four preview figures at a Toy's R Us in East Brunswick yet still looking for the starfighter. Will must likely pick it up along with Obi Wan's on April 2. :ermm: :ermm:

Slicker
02-15-2005, 06:18 PM
It's a couple of days late but I found the Starfighter today. They had several of them at TRU.

CooLJoE
02-22-2005, 12:13 AM
Yay! I wasn't even trying to find StarWars stuff and happened upon the Sneak Peek Jedi Starfighter!

I wandered over to Meijers because I was looking for some PVC pipe and some fabric material. I decided to check the toy area cuz it was between the 2 sections. Noticed a guy and his son looking at the SW toys (nothing good that I could see), so when they left I looked around. I was sad to see a Grievous with the top of the card torn off (the last of the sneak peeks that I needed). So I looked around and then walked down the isle to leave it. I looked up toward the top and saw about 6-7 of the ROTS Sneak Peak figures hiding behind an large Aliens statue. So I asked a taller employee to grab a Grievous from up in that area. Yay, all 4 found.

I know I know....what about the Jedi Starfighter.

Well, after I got Grievous I looked around the small SW section again and noticed a large ROTS boxed item. Turned out to be the Jedi Starfighter. I was amazed the guy and his son didn't grab it so I took it. Although after I left the isle I noticed them heading back towards it so I gave them the tip about more figures up top. Not sure if they grabbed any, but they did sound somewhat surprised to find the R4 sneak peek.

garbognar
02-23-2005, 05:01 AM
I finally got it, but K-mart jacked the price up to $27.95! I guess I can't complain, since it is the second to last K-mart on the list of national priority(the last is in Alaska). I have gone into that stupid store every day since they cleared shelf space and put the price stickers down, and after a month and a half they put them out. Still haven't done the figures, though.

Slicker
02-23-2005, 05:48 AM
Good lord you got completely ripped off!!! You should've just asked someone on the boards to buy you one. It would've still been cheaper even with shipping. If you're having troubles with the Preview Figs just ask and I'm sure someone will get them for you. Heck if you want I can pick 'em up for you.

Kidhuman
02-23-2005, 07:57 AM
Well no he didnt get ripped persay, thats the prices in Alaska. Everything is jacked up because of shipping

cerius
02-23-2005, 08:07 AM
I picked up mine at TRU last thursday, they had 8 I think. When I went back on Friday to check on something else they were all gone. It doesn't seem like these stick around very long (for now).

DarthQuack
02-23-2005, 09:24 AM
Well no he didnt get ripped persay, thats the prices in Alaska. Everything is jacked up because of shipping

Ah, KH, but he lives in Wyoming :)

Kidhuman
02-23-2005, 08:26 PM
I was reading his post....I am going ot offer up a BSLOS for you soon.

garbognar
02-24-2005, 01:38 AM
I actually got my brother to check the walmart where he lives today, and he got me the preview figs! Even with the shipping it will cost less than getting the figures here. 8 bucks (when the actually get them)apiece is pretty steep when they can be found for 6 or so. Thanks for the offer of help! I just joined the forum recently, and its nice to know that there is help for people like me :)

Fluke Skywalker
02-24-2005, 10:54 PM
I'm glad I picked mine up when I did (Meijer $16.99) because I haven't seen them anywhere else since. Not even shelf tags for them anywhere. I'll admit that I have scaled my toy hunts way back since getting my preview figures and Starfighter, but I'm still out 2-3 days a week.

Last I checked, that Meijer where I got mine had sold only half of the the 12 they originally had.

Sidiously Darth
02-25-2005, 12:38 PM
Well, it took 17 days after it was suppose to be released for me to find Anakin's Starfighter. Pretty nifty piece of plastic for $20. I'm not really disappointed with the insert r2 but I doubt I'll find a unit that fits nicely into that slot.

Overall, it's a nice ship. I liked the extra decals for battle damage. I just wish I had an Ani to fly it. :(

CrunchyNug
02-25-2005, 04:56 PM
I finally got mine this morning at my local Los Angeles TRU. It was hidden up above the pegs, behind a case of Preview figures. By the way, there were TONS of those figures...except Grievous of course. He's popular around these parts.

I'll have to open that ship as soon as I get home from work.

DarkArtist
02-25-2005, 08:09 PM
just found one tonight at the toys r us in east brunswick. now all that's left is the countdown to April 2nd :D :D :D

plasticfetish
02-25-2005, 09:42 PM
I've seen these just about everywhere now -- TRU, KB and Wal*Mart -- so it looks like they may have waited 'til the end of this month to put them out in most places. (Oddly, I haven't seen them at Target yet.)

-----

I picked up a second one of these at Wal*Mart yesterday (to open today) and my comments are...

Wish it came window-boxed.
Nice ship once it's loose!
It's too bad (like Sidiously Darth just said) that I have to wait for a pilot Anakin.

Anyone try using the Clone Wars Anakin BTW?

General_Grievous
02-25-2005, 11:11 PM
I finally got this today too. It's not that I couldn't find it, it's just that I haven't had a chance to go toy hunting in a while.

I like it. It's a lot bigger than I thought it would be, especially the cockpit. It also comes with "battle damage" stickers. I like thos alot. It's kind of like a comeback of the battle-damage stickers that were used in the Vintage line.

But I don't realize why Hasbro didn't release a pilot Anakin to go with it in the Preview wave, or they could have included a pilot Anakin with the Starfighter. They did the exact same thing for AOTC with Obi-Wan's starfighter released as a Preview toy with no Obi-Wan to go with it.

JediTricks
02-26-2005, 03:21 PM
There is no reason this set couldn't have been window boxed, the dang thing is totally assembled in package already, they're just substituting cardboard filler and baggies for graphics and twisties. They should have gone that way.

Tycho
02-26-2005, 07:19 PM
Anyone try using the Clone Wars Anakin BTW?

He doesn't fit and can't sit right because of his molded "skirt"

Sith Lord 0498
02-26-2005, 08:06 PM
I've seen these just about everywhere now -- TRU, KB and Wal*Mart -- so it looks like they may have waited 'til the end of this month to put them out in most places. (Oddly, I haven't seen them at Target yet.)

That's funny. Target was the first place I saw them, and then my local TRU and K-Mart. Wal-Mart is the only place that hasn't stocked them yet.

General_Grievous
02-26-2005, 10:39 PM
He doesn't fit and can't sit right because of his molded "skirt"

Mine fit, but I had to really wedge it in there. In the end, I just took it out, because it looked really stupid inside the fighter. I just hope that at least one of the Anakin figures for ROTS will fit nicely into the Starfighter.

plasticfetish
02-27-2005, 03:14 AM
That's funny. Target was the first place I saw themWell, and now I saw them at Target tonight -- they must have just put them out.

Clonetrooper1131
03-03-2005, 06:27 PM
A couple of weeks ago I finally found the preview figures. I found Anakin's Starfighter at Target. Also I went by Target today and they had the Droids Tri-Fighter, and Obi-Won's Starfighter. I picked up Obi-Won's Starfighter. If anyone is interested, and is from around here. I found it at the Target in Visalia California.

I haven't found any of the figures yet, but I'm still looking. If anyone has found them in the area send me a PM.

Happy hunting.

Billiam86
03-03-2005, 06:36 PM
A couple of weeks ago I finally found the preview figures. I found Anakin's Starfighter at Target. Also I went by Target today and they had the Droids Tri-Fighter, and Obi-Won's Starfighter. I picked up Obi-Won's Starfighter. If anyone is interested, and is from around here. I found it at the Target in Visalia California.

I haven't found any of the figures yet, but I'm still looking. If anyone has found them in the area send me a PM.

Happy hunting.

Hey I'm from Fresno too...PM sometime