PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Hobby vs Valentine's Day?

DarthQuack
02-08-2005, 10:22 PM
Will many of you be spending more on your collecting habits in February or more money on your honey, sweetie, signif. other, etc. for Valentine's Day? I just plan on getting my mom a card and maybe a few for the lovely ladies at work. :p

Kyle Katarn
02-08-2005, 10:43 PM
Well I vote for my Star Wars hobby, I don't have anybody to give a gift(only my mom, but I'll get her a SW card)...unless I talk to that girl I secretly like...but it's very unsure.

Joshkj
02-09-2005, 01:20 AM
The girl i secretly(well not really) is my best friends girlfriend lol but im saving every penny for the new figs

Slicker
02-09-2005, 02:33 AM
I think it'll have to be Valentines Day. I've got flowers going out to 2 people at $30 a pop. On Monday, although I don't have a girlfriend, I'm going out to dinner with my roommates wife (he's gonna be at work), her sister (I'm working on her right now), and her sister's best friend (also working on her) so that'll be at least another $100 for dinner. So add it all up and I'll have dropped over $150 on Valentine's day and I won't get so much as a kiss out of it.

Damn Hallmark holidays.

BTW, don't forget Sweetest Day is coming up.:rolleyes:

2-1B
02-09-2005, 03:51 AM
Considering that I am in love with myself, I plan on spending money on myself.

Bobby Fett
02-09-2005, 06:33 AM
Valentine's Day - another holiday foisted on us by the florists of America! ;)

No doubt about this one. I'll be spending way more on my wife and best friend than I will on toys.

bobafrett
02-09-2005, 09:32 AM
Power to the collectibles, they win my heart every time! Definitely spending my hard earned dollar on the Star Wars habit/collection. Every woman I have ever dated has broke my heart, so I've been slightly over two years without, and I'm keeping it that way (for now).

kool-aid killer
02-09-2005, 01:45 PM
Considering that I am in love with myself, I plan on spending money on myself.

LOL!

Im somewhat in the same boat. Im single right now, but attempting to crack a very shy shell. I dont think its going to happen by Valentines Day, so its going towards my toys.

mabudonicus
02-09-2005, 02:01 PM
well, I don't collect much at all anymore, just a figure a month or less... BUT my girlfriend/wife doesn't think much of corporate "traditions", so I won't be spending crazy money, but I want to do something fun for her nonetheless........
So I am going to cook up a sweet dinner of some sort and go and buy some kind of crazy flowering plant... or something like that... then we'll likely watch some Kung-Fu movies (her choice, too, she really is perfect!!) or something... nothing too fancy, and no Valentine-specific spending..... we haven't added anything to our plant collection for almost a month :beard:

And if the weather's agreeable, we may even go for a walk abou town to see what goofy things we can see...

Whatever way, hope the day doesn't cause any grief :beard:

jedi-cpa
02-09-2005, 04:03 PM
Kebco just hit me for 1/2 of the cost of my Episode 3 toys...so that adds up. And if the orders get filled in Feb, they'll hit me for the other half...so there is a chance that SW will get the nod this February.

Just doing Dinner and Roses.

jedi-cpa
02-09-2005, 04:07 PM
That's incorrect...a bunch of that preorder was in January...so I am only at $74 for February...so as or right now the wife looks like she will win the who got more $ in february.

Rocketboy
02-09-2005, 04:30 PM
I think it'll have to be Valentines Day. I've got flowers going out to 2 people at $30 a pop.You shouldn't have! :kiss: ;)

Damn Hallmark holidays.Exactly.

BTW, don't forget Sweetest Day is coming up.:rolleyes::D Yeah, in like 8 months.

I'm glad my fiance and I agreed not to get each other anything, but I have a feeling it's still gonna cost me dinner some night this week (I have class all day Monday).

sith_killer_99
02-09-2005, 05:29 PM
Hmmm...gotta tread lightly with this one. Don't want to end up 35, single and living with mom.

LOL, jk ;)

I will be spending a lot on both. SW tends to win out by a slim margin, considering I just got the Han Solo mini bust and series 2 Bust-Ups. Still gonna drop a load on the wife for V-Day. I didn't mean that the way it sounded. I mean I plan on blowing a wad on...Oh never mind. I'm gonna spend a lot! :D

Joshkj
02-09-2005, 05:59 PM
I'm glad my fiance and I agreed not to get each other anything, but I have a feeling it's still gonna cost me dinner some night this week .
You know she is still is expecting something...they always do:crazed: :beard:

Fluke Skywalker
02-14-2005, 02:06 AM
Well, 'ol Fluke is flying solo this Valtine's day. Dad always said, "Son, if you're going to break up with a girl, do it before Christmas and stay single until after Valtines day." Father knows best. (I should add, that unless Ms. Right suddenly appears, I hope to stay single until after RotS comes out. How sick is that!?)

JetsAndHeels
02-14-2005, 08:46 AM
This time last year I was sending flowers to my girlfriend at work, taking her gifts in the afternoon, and buying her dinner.
THAT WAS LAST YEAR!!
Now things are a little different...she's old news, and I plan on using my funds on myself. I got a little something for my coworkers, my mom, and my grandmother. Thats about it. Nothing major, just something to say Happy Valentines Day.
I concur with Fluke. This is the perfect time of year to be single.

chrisc
02-14-2005, 05:05 PM
My moneys on the girlfriend. I would rather sleep in peace tonight. I'll look for SW next month.

InsaneJediGirl
02-15-2005, 02:20 PM
Single so I didnt have to spend money on anyone but myself :D Although If I was in a relationship,hopefully the guy would get the hint that I'd want the latest Star Wars wave then some crappy flowers and chocolate

:D :crazed: :D

The 'Xir
02-15-2005, 02:28 PM
Single so I didnt have to spend money on anyone but myself :D Although If I was in a relationship,hopefully the guy would get the hint that I'd want the latest Star Wars wave then some crappy flowers and chocolate

:D :crazed: :D

I think I'm in love!!! :kiss: :classic: ;)

Slicker
02-15-2005, 03:03 PM
I think I'm in love!!! :kiss: :classic: ;)Ditto to that. I was wonderin' if there are any more like her out their.

JetsAndHeels
02-15-2005, 04:06 PM
Ditto to that. I was wonderin' if there are any more like her out their.

I know that in my area, that is a brand far too rare...In fact, I am not even sure that it exists at all.

InsaneJediGirl
02-15-2005, 08:06 PM
LOL

I've only met a few other girl geeks,I'll be sure to put in a good word for all the guys here at SSG next time we talk ;)