PDA

View Full Version : World of Warcraft

dindae
02-09-2005, 02:22 PM
This game is my newest addiction. I have avoided all online monthly pay game even SW galaxies but someone bought this for me for Xmas. Even better is my girlfriend is addicted as well so I don't get bashed for playing too much. I really like the gameplay and the level progression is well balanced and new abilities/spell give you something to look forward too. I play on the Agramar (not sure of the spelling). So are there any players out there? If so what servers are you on?

scruffziller
11-21-2005, 01:17 AM
I should say that we now start using this thread. MAN OH MAN!!!!! I have only played for ten minutes and what I love about WoW, it isn't the cool characters, the kewl graphics, or all the other features (yet). THERE IS NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LAGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh the animation SMOOTHNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's like bathing yourself in melted choclate!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup: vs. Star Wars Galaxies, was like having rusty nails jab me in the backside at each freezepoint.

I found out that all you guys there on the SWG forum, all of the servers you guys on are full. So I can't use them. I'll post what mine are next time.

dindae
11-21-2005, 02:22 PM
Glad to have a fellow fan. I still play but like you said my server has been full for some time. I have a Palladin 60, Mage 59, Warrior 40, Priest 31, and Shaman 15. I mainly play the pally but that may change since in groups there is not a well defined role for them. So if people need one or two more for a group a palladin is not the first choice.

scruffziller
11-25-2005, 12:28 PM
Well it appears that all the servers you guys listed are full, so here are the servers I am on.

Alleria------- Gerzhul, Forsaken Warrior Undead(playing the most)
Kirin Tor----- Scruffziller, Dwarf Paladin
Maelstrom----Eruen, Night Elf Priest
Bonechewer------- Slabbzilla, Tauren Hunter

Tonysmo
11-27-2005, 07:44 AM
yo scruff, glad you made the Jump To .. Wow.. :)

I have an undead priest on alleria.. Smoarrg I think.. I rarely play him, but now I have a reason to log him on :)

scruffziller
11-29-2005, 09:36 AM
yo scruff, glad you made the Jump To .. Wow.. :)

I have an undead priest on alleria.. Smoarrg I think.. I rarely play him, but now I have a reason to log him on :)

Kewl, I put you on the buddy list hope I have enough copper to send an e-mail.;)

scruffziller
12-31-2005, 02:35 PM
Sorry to say it guys. But WoW is not really filling the void where SW Galaxies use to be. I am still jonesing from its loss. I like playing WoW but it just isn't the same experience.:cry:

scruffziller
01-02-2007, 11:30 AM
http://www.dvdboxoffice.com/988-3001588-12001593/games/pcgames/products/90215369?fs=true (http://www.dvdboxoffice.com/988-3001588-12001593/games/pcgames/products/90215369?fs=true)

I have tried a number of sites and they are all sold out. This one has it for pre-order. It ships from Canada and has a wide array of international destinations.:thumbsup:

dindae
01-02-2007, 02:10 PM
I've been lazy and haven't preordered the expansion. I will probably stop on my way home today and put one in. Hopefully they are sold out. I'm not too worried about it. As long as the cap is lifted and I can start leveling I'm fine.

DarthNihilus
10-20-2008, 04:40 PM
Anyone play? I used to be pretty into it and had to stop because it took up too much of my time, with the Wrath of Lich King expansion coming up I thought I'd start a topic and see what the people here think about the game.

Any hardcore WoWers on here?

El Chuxter
10-20-2008, 04:53 PM
No. I watched my brother-in-law play for a few minutes, and knew I'd be hooked and never see my family again, so I won't allow myself to touch it.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-20-2008, 05:40 PM
I certainly do not, but my roommate spends roughly 25 hours a day on it.

Slicker
10-21-2008, 07:19 AM
I certainly do not, but my roommate spends roughly 25 hours a day on it.And by roommates you mean your parents right? ;)

I've never played that game. I had a roommate (a real one!) that played and it controlled his life. He'd get maybe 3 hours of sleep and then go to work again. It was really quite pathetic. Especially since he was married and had a kid that he just ignored for this game.

Blue2th
10-21-2008, 09:39 AM
My nephew, brother in law, and friends played it so much they were neglecting their families and responsibilities.
My sister hated it, she would call it "War-crack" to try and shame them. I guess it worked to some extent. They quit playing it. Though last I heard someone hacked into my brother in law's computer and stole his Warcraft identity and a bunch of other things. Which is probably a blessing in disquise, my sister thinks.

Kidhuman
10-21-2008, 07:18 PM
Everyone I know who plays this game has it consume them. I will never touch it

preacher
10-21-2008, 10:42 PM
I played Everquest for about a year. And yes, it did become an addiction. However, thankfully, more and more younger players came on so turning away from it wasn't difficult.

Dar' Argol
10-27-2008, 07:35 AM
I don't really like WoW. The subscription fee is a turn off, the amount of skills and spells that you an take with you is un-skillful (its more then how can I just overwhelm my enemy then it is skill), and the fact that you may have worked for hours trying to kill something/someone only to have that taken from you at the last moment . . .nah, no thanks.

I do however play the compition, Guild Wars . . . . and with that I'm sure the arrows will fly . . . lol

DarthNihilus
10-28-2008, 02:14 PM
I don't really like WoW. The subscription fee is a turn off, the amount of skills and spells that you an take with you is un-skillful (its more then how can I just overwhelm my enemy then it is skill), and the fact that you may have worked for hours trying to kill something/someone only to have that taken from you at the last moment . . .nah, no thanks.

I do however play the compition, Guild Wars . . . . and with that I'm sure the arrows will fly . . . lol

The subscription thing got to me too but my friends really wined and dined me into it and I just got used to it. Damn! I think subscription based playing is how the future of gaming is looking like.

Dar' Argol
10-29-2008, 07:20 AM
The subscription thing got to me too but my friends really wined and dined me into it and I just got used to it. Damn! I think subscription based playing is how the future of gaming is looking like.

But its not the way it has to go. It has been proven that you can get the game play without having to pay every month. Playstation has been doing it for years. And Guild Wars has been doing it for 3 years now and are planning more with the imminent release of Guild Wars 2. It can be done without having the end user shelling out money every month even if they don't play.

jjreason
11-03-2008, 08:36 PM
I played up until about level 22, then had a bad experience that both got me in trouble with my wife AND cured me of the desire to play: I was depending on help of higher level players to finish a quest, they all chose to vacate on me right at the end, leaving me to get destroyed AND not finish. It sucked, especially since I had played right through dinner and almost missed my son's bed time as a result of the quest. Cured forever, and in the blink of an eye.

Damned thing's a lot of fun though.... :(

DarthNihilus
11-10-2008, 03:44 PM
I played up until about level 22, then had a bad experience that both got me in trouble with my wife AND cured me of the desire to play: I was depending on help of higher level players to finish a quest, they all chose to vacate on me right at the end, leaving me to get destroyed AND not finish. It sucked, especially since I had played right through dinner and almost missed my son's bed time as a result of the quest. Cured forever, and in the blink of an eye.

Damned thing's a lot of fun though.... :(

I know a lot of people who just get their accounts hacked and looted, that usually does it for losing flavor for the game.

scruffziller
08-22-2009, 12:08 PM
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/cataclysm/features/

New expansion announced. Cataclysm!

scruffziller
01-25-2010, 08:33 PM
I know a lot of people who just get their accounts hacked and looted, that usually does it for losing flavor for the game.

Ah the beauty of authenticators, keeping ppl out for real.

Cataclysm for WoW had the pre-order established on Amazon.com which means about 4-6 months for its release. This is good so I can get my fill of Cata b4 SW:OR.:pleased:

Lord Malakite
01-28-2010, 05:01 AM
Or getting repeatedly hit by a plague epidemic (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corrupted_Blood_incident), that tends to do it too. Though it does open the door to a new and rather exciting type of medical research study.

Neuroleptic
01-28-2010, 12:16 PM
I used to play Star Wars Galaxies. Though lately I'v been thinking about playing Star Trek online. I have no problem with getting addicted to it though. I usualy just limit my time on line to after the kid has gone to sleep and before 11PM, and that's if I get on at all.

Mostly I play on line games when I'v got nothing else to realy do at the moment.

I have zero interest in World of Warcraft, though. The whole elves and such just don't do it for me.

I'v read studies saying it is litteraly as addicting as crack, and that all on line games (and even surfing the net) are addictive to some extent. I don't drink alcohol, and I don't smoke, nore do I use illegal drugs . . . . so I suppose on line gaming for a few hours a week when there's nothing to watch and inspiration just isn't there for my art work AND I'm done with my school work isn't quite so bad.

Quinlain_Vos
02-14-2010, 05:38 AM
i tried wow on a free hacked server played for about a month and had a level 70 charecter. i stopped because despite the cool customization and the awesome world and freeroaming the game seems totally dated and the gameplay is just terrible slow paced and clunky. overall thats what has happened with all mmos and many rpgs with me. i feel like getting into it but i also demand a game that is fun to play. overall i stoped playing mmo's for that reason and just switched back to my classic rpg, rts, and fps library. i understand the allure of massivly multiplayer games but sadly none so far have ever grabbed my attentions. oh well...

Quinlain_Vos
02-14-2010, 06:18 AM
i am sorry if i dont share your passion about world of warcraft but if i were to speak bluntly i would say that wow has singlehandedly destroyed a franchise i love and dealt a serious blow to gaming also about the tech aspects of the game the reason it runs so smooth is because it is so old and if you were to play for m,ore then 5 minutes you would find that the game play is hollow repetitive and slow with no fun or element of strategy. i do not think it it wow fault though as it is a blight upon all massively multiplayer games to take no skill and just time to get good. however i demand more from my gam,es then just repetitive motions with some interesting tech trees.

Beast
02-14-2010, 08:39 AM
i am sorry if i dont share your passion about world of warcraft but if i were to speak bluntly i would say that wow has singlehandedly destroyed a franchise i love and dealt a serious blow to gaming also about the tech aspects of the game the reason it runs so smooth is because it is so old and if you were to play for m,ore then 5 minutes you would find that the game play is hollow repetitive and slow with no fun or element of strategy. i do not think it it wow fault though as it is a blight upon all massively multiplayer games to take no skill and just time to get good. however i demand more from my gam,es then just repetitive motions with some interesting tech trees.
Well, that was a heck of a necro thread crap. :eek: