PDA

View Full Version : New Lego Set (Kind Of)

Slicker
02-09-2005, 06:49 PM
New Lego set found on Lego.com. It's call Imperial Inspection and comes with 10 minifigs including 2 Royal Guards, 4 Stormies, 2 Imp Officers, Vader, and the Emperor. It's a rehash but we get Imp Officers if that's any consulation. Imperial Inspection (http://shop.lego.com/product.asp?p=7264&cn=4&d=5&t=3)

DarthQuack
02-09-2005, 07:08 PM
This looks like a great set! It's not a re-hash for me since I just started to collect the LEGO line. The Emperor looks pretty sweet too.

LusiferSam
02-09-2005, 08:11 PM
:o I'm really starting to get tired of these rehashes from Lego. Maybe if it were an improved model, like the Falcon (semi improved) or the X-Wing (lot of improvement) I might be more interested (we say needs to be bigger). The four stormtroopers are a nice addition, I pretty neutral about the Emperor, but the officers would have to be fixed. I might get it.

JediTricks
02-09-2005, 08:24 PM
Weird, when I tried to go to that page earlier today, I got nothing but errors saying it didn't exist.

The Imp Shuttle still feels like a new set to me, so rehashing it won't do much for me. Also, at $49.99 it seems like a bit of a rip-off since there are only 367 pieces, should have been no more than $40. But for folks who missed the original release of the Imp Shuttle, it's a good set and this looks like a good way to get more stormies.

Slicker
02-09-2005, 08:26 PM
It's kinda unfortunate that they couldn't revamp the design of the shuttle as Lusifer pointed out. I think that they could do much better with this offering. For one they could probably about double the size to make it more in line with the minifig scale.

DarthQuack
02-09-2005, 08:31 PM
I actually checked it out maybe an hour ago and I could Add it to my cart....strange indeed.....

Kidhuman
02-10-2005, 12:51 AM
I'll buy it. Looks good. Didnt get it the first time around.

Ji'dai
02-10-2005, 09:32 AM
Wow, I feel sorry for the people who pay nearly $100+ on eBay for the original release. But I agree this rehash is not worth $50. The additions LEGO has added don't add up to the $20 increase in price over the original.

I've pretty much had my fill of Stormtroopers and Imp. Officers :D but otherwise I'd buy it if it was a redesign. It looks like the officers are wearing hard hats? Too bad it no longer comes with the black uniformed officer-pilot as in the original too.

EDIT: The figs sport a redeco. The Stormtroopers appear to have a design on their legs now. The officers have the new flesh-colored heads and the Emperor has a new head and hand color.

Mandalorian Candidat
02-10-2005, 01:26 PM
For $50, I don't know, but the Dagobah X-Wing was $50 and even though it has more parts they for the most part (HA HA) are pretty small. The shuttle has huge pieces including the wings and the big dorsal fin piece. The cockpit windshield is also different and so is the tampographed vent piece that goes just above it.

I don't remember what it originally went for ($40?) but I got mine for right around $40 last autumn on ebay.

The emperor does indeed have a grey head and the two "imperial officers" have pink heads. From that picture on S@H it appears that they have hard hats, so I guess that means they're pulling double duty as officers and construction workers. I'd definitely get this package if it were closer to $35 since it would be nice to have a DS2/Emperor arrival setup and another shuttle for the Rebels to use.

I suppose this is good for new addicts, uh, I mean new collectors but it would be nice to get some new stuff too. I wouldn't terribly mind if the MTT was reissued since I never got that one and it runs out of my price range on ebay.

2-1B
02-10-2005, 04:26 PM
I can't do it.

I would get it if I didn't have the first Shuttle but I'm not going to drop 50 on it for the new figs.

Mandalorian Candidat
02-11-2005, 11:17 AM
I can't do it.

I would get it if I didn't have the first Shuttle but I'm not going to drop 50 on it for the new figs.

And you're not really getting any new figures. Just a grey face for Palpy and two slightly modified Imp Offs. Who doesn't already have a ton of Vaders and Stormies from KB's great Final Duel roundup?

Jangu Fett
02-11-2005, 12:40 PM
Ok, with this set that makes 3 more OTC due this year, what else are they going to rehash? The Twin Pod Cloud Car? No, I got it another TIE Fighter :rolleyes: . Whats that 4 different Tie Fighter sets? How many more are they going to make. Just because the Empire has a thousand of them doesn't mean I want that many.

I'm upset with lego going and redoing the older sets. Although this one isn't really redone. They just added more. I only just got the new"er" X-Wing, only because Wal-Mart was selling it for $15. And I'm not impressed. I like the original X-Wing better. The nose is to big, the engine don't seem right. And the landing gear is horrid. The front leg almost always falls off. The only thing I did like of this set was Yoda's hut. Thats only my opinion, though.

And I have no intension of getting anymore rehashed sets, not the Falcon and definitly not this.

2-1B
02-11-2005, 03:02 PM
And you're not really getting any new figures. Just a grey face for Palpy and two slightly modified Imp Offs. Who doesn't already have a ton of Vaders and Stormies from KB's great Final Duel roundup?

Exactly. I could always use more Stormies but there are other (and more cost effective) ways of piling them up. The Emperor would be a neat new one to have but I can definitely do without, and I would of course LOVE more Royal Guards but this is just not the way to do it.

Imp Offs, I have PLENTY from the Final Duel 2 sets, more than I need. :D

I actually didn't load up too much on Final Duel 1 because the Stormie sets were the way for me to go as far as buying extras. I still have several Vaders from other sets so no need for more there. :)

JediTricks
02-11-2005, 06:50 PM
The original Imp Shuttle was $30, it came with the Emp, 2 Royal Guards, and the Imp Officer pilot. With all the extra stuff here on this "new" set, I could see it going for $40 but that's it.

Mandalorian Candidat
02-15-2005, 09:32 AM
My son got his bimonthly Lego magazine yesterday and it already has a picture of the new Shuttle set in it. There is no pilot, which is another reason not to get this at full price, and the Imperial officers have different facial features than the Final Duel 2 ones. Their headgear are not hardhats but look more like the hats that the Bespin Guards wear. There's a guy on fbtb.net who has made some custom SW minifigs, including a Bespin Guard who has the same hat, but it's blue.

Mandalorian Candidat
02-23-2005, 06:39 PM
Has anyone seen this yet at retail? I ask this because my 10-year-old son swears up and down that our local TRU (Orem, UT) had them out on President's Day.

DarthQuack
02-23-2005, 06:52 PM
I was going to check out mine today but I was reading Dark Apprentice instead so I didn't make it :)

Slicker
02-24-2005, 10:34 AM
Has anyone seen this yet at retail? I ask this because my 10-year-old son swears up and down that our local TRU (Orem, UT) had them out on President's Day.IIRC, someone in a different thread (just found LA?) had found one of these Imperial Inspection sets at retail and it was some time ago too.

msjedi
02-24-2005, 02:23 PM
I found this set at my local TRU in Omaha about two weeks ago.

moulman
02-24-2005, 05:38 PM
same price as its going for on lego.com?

msjedi
02-25-2005, 07:47 AM
same price as its going for on lego.com?

Yes, the set had the same price of $49.99 at TRU.

Mandalorian Candidat
03-02-2005, 12:31 PM
It is currently at my TRU (Orem, UT) for $50. I have yet to find it anywhere else. TRU sure is good at getting Lego sets in stock fast. Now if they could only get the Hasbro figures to come in as quickly...

Slicker
03-02-2005, 05:00 PM
I also saw several of them yesterday at TRU. It looks neat but I already have the first release and I probably won't buy this unless I have an extra $50 sometime.

Jedibill
03-05-2005, 07:29 PM
I bought this set at my TRU yeasterday

moulman
03-05-2005, 09:20 PM
I got this set yesterday-preety cool, the ship itself has a few interesting things to it-athough i wish the wings would stay on easier.. i wouldnt know how to compare it to the first release, seeing as how i dont have it...

Mandalorian Candidat
03-07-2005, 09:29 AM
I got this set yesterday-preety cool, the ship itself has a few interesting things to it-athough i wish the wings would stay on easier.. i wouldnt know how to compare it to the first release, seeing as how i dont have it...

From the pix on the box and Lego website, it looks like the exact same model as the first set. I never had a problem with my set's wings; they stay on very nicely. Are you sure it was put together correctly?

JediTricks
03-07-2005, 09:55 PM
It is the same model, just with more minifigs and a few small micro-playset pieces. I also never had trouble with the wings on mine, though one of the 2-stud white bricks on the original set I got had the post on the inside extra long, it stuck way out past the bottom.