PDA

View Full Version : New Die-Cast Tri-Drod & JSF AMT/ERTL !

sicqnus
02-10-2005, 07:32 AM
Cool news !

After the great metal snap kit of the Naboo Fighter by ERTL in 1998, AMT/ERTL will make new stunning snap (no glue but screws) metal kits for Ep.3 Revenge Of The Sith ! The first two kits are the New Jedi Starfighter (Anakin's) "UPC # 38361" and the Tri-Fighter Drod "UPC # 38362".
Assembly is quite easy and only a few parts are to be painted (the pilot and the R2 unit for the Naboo fighter). The size will be close to an Action Fleet (a little bigger).

Other kits could have been planned under the UPC # 37357...
I have the Naboo Fighter and it is so nicely done with the real shape of the movie prop and chrome parts. I will surely buy those upcoming kits.

AndyW
02-10-2005, 11:59 AM
I used to have the naboo fighter, but I think I gave it too a friend. Was a great little model, looked fantastic, so the jedi fighter should be something to look forward too.

JediTricks
02-11-2005, 07:05 PM
I too have the Die Cast Naboo Fighter, it's very nice, so these should be pretty good too.

sergiurusu
02-13-2005, 03:11 AM
do you have some pics or links please?

Joshkj
02-13-2005, 06:58 PM
do you have some pics or links please?

ya that would be cool:sur:

JediTricks
02-13-2005, 07:09 PM
Slightly off topic, anybody know why AMT didn't do any D.C. models for Ep 2? I was really looking forward to them doing some and it just never happened. I would have loved a DC Jedi Starfighter from that film, moreso even than from ROTS.

Jangu Fett
02-13-2005, 07:16 PM
Lucasfilm was worried that Ep2 would flood the market like Ep1. And LF wanted more money for the rights then AMT was willing to dish out.

JediTricks
02-13-2005, 07:29 PM
Weak! The DC Naboo Fighter is the only Ep 1 item I have in my collection on display with any prominence, Lucasfilm shot themselves and us fans in the foot there.

vinyl fan
02-21-2005, 12:42 PM
:D

Pictures from the official catalog right here.............

http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/templates/full_article_template_1.asp?articleid=3932&zoneid=2

sicqnus
02-21-2005, 07:30 PM
"Slightly off topic, anybody know why AMT didn't do any D.C. models for Ep 2? I was really looking forward to them doing some and it just never happened. I would have loved a DC Jedi Starfighter from that film, moreso even than from ROTS."

- I think it was because the pricepoint of the Naboo Starfighter kit was too high ($35 - $40). It didn't sell very well but the good point is we can now find it easily on Ebay for a price between $5 and $14...
Now I'm sure these kits will be expensive but the AMT/ERTL SW line have good prices ($11 for the AT-AT, $24 for the 1/72e Millenium Falcon - Thanks to RC2) then I hope they have lowered the pricepoint (a little bit) of the DC kits (fingers crossed).
Anyway, I will buy or or two of these upcoming Venators kits from Revell Germany. 50cm long (20 inches), it will be a huuuuuge kit !

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
You load sixteen tons, what do you get?
Another day older and deeper in debt
Saint Peter don't you call me 'cause I can't go
I owe my soul to the company store...

- "Sixteen Tons" written in 1947 by Merle Travis
- #1 hit for "Tennessee" Ernie Ford in 1955
Download : http://www.hbronner.org/album97.htm

JediTricks
02-22-2005, 04:53 PM
I remember the US pricepoint on the Ep 1 DC Naboo Fighter was somewhere between $15 and $25 (I'm thinking $20, but am not totally sure since it's been 6 years). The DC Droid Fighter was the same price but not as interesting so I can see why that one didn't make it, but the Naboo Fighter was way better. I think part of the problem was that model building is kinda dead around here and the DC boxes were almost identical to the regular AMT Ep 1 model boxes. But if AMT is still doing models, and doing models for SW still, I can't see why they passed up Ep 2.

JediTricks
04-09-2005, 04:03 PM
As Sicqnus posted here: http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showpost.php?p=387091&postcount=7

The Ertl die-cast kits are US exclusives, which is good for me but bad for anybody who isn't in the US.

Jangu Fett
04-11-2005, 02:49 PM
Well, that sucks. If anyone in Europe can pick up a extra ARC-170 and send 1 over, I'll pay the price for the model and shipping cost.

sicqnus
04-16-2005, 01:45 PM
It seems RC2 (in this case : Polar Lights) will be in late as usual... Don't expect to see the 4 kits b4 june if we're lucky or more probably september (...).
I'm not sure about the JSF & Tank Droid glue kits but I really want to grab those two die-cast JSF and Tri-Drod... (The sooner the better). I wonder why it takes soooo long for PL and why in the same time RoG will release their kits IN TIME !

I don't count Fine Molds, it's a very small, familial Japanese company and if they decide to make something different than fighters, they will have to deal with a new scale (most of their products are made into the 1:72e scale). Then I'm not sure of what to expect from them, I will try to talk to Steve Sansweet in may when he'll come to the Paris 2005 SW convention.

JediTricks
04-17-2005, 04:18 PM
I hate RC2, they delayed the Knight Rider KITT 1:18 Die-cast for a whole year, then released it through their Joyride Studios label in January without any friggin' mention.