PDA

View Full Version : Love At Second Bite!

RooJay
02-11-2005, 02:26 AM
According to The Hollywood Reporter George Hamilton and producer Tont Thomopolous are finally doing a sequel to their classic 1979 Dracula spoof "Love at First Bite". The original movie is, in my opinion, one of the funniest movies ever made, and I can't wait to see the Tanned One back in the cape! In the new story Hamilton will apparently play the americanized son of the Count Dracula he played in the original who has turned his his back on his family heritage and is planning to marry a human woman. His vampire family comes to America to attend the wedding causing, presumably, hilarity and hi-jinks. As long as the dialog is as witty and snappy as in the original, and providing they can get the hilarious Arte Johnson back as Renfield, everything sounds in order and we might actually be in for something good here.

"Children of the Night, SHUT UP!"

Kidhuman
02-11-2005, 06:10 AM
The first one was funny. I hope they it justice with a sequel.

Mandalorian Candidat
02-11-2005, 12:22 PM
I'm sorry, but Love at First Bite was the most unrealistic movie ever made. OK, a vampire...yeah I can believe in that, but a vampire with a permanent suntan? That's like making a movie with a bald wolfman.

:crazed:

General_Grievous
02-12-2005, 04:53 PM
Wow...I'm surprised at myself. I consider myself a huge fan of comedy movies, yet I've never heard of "Love at First Bite". Can anyone clue me in on it?

Kidhuman
02-12-2005, 06:31 PM
Wow...I'm surprised at myself. I consider myself a huge fan of comedy movies, yet I've never heard of "Love at First Bite". Can anyone clue me in on it?

Read the first post. It is about a vampire that falls in love. Made in 1979, yes 26 years old, but a classic IMO.

RooJay
02-14-2005, 09:57 PM
Read the first post. It is about a vampire that falls in love. Made in 1979, yes 26 years old, but a classic IMO.

Geez, you sure know how to make a guy feel old! I remember seeing Love At First Bite during it's first run in theaters like it was yesterday.

In an odd coincidence, even though I hadn't thought about the genius, Arte Johnson in quite a long time, since making that first post it seems as though Mr. Johnson has just had a guest appearance as Virman Vundabarr on this past weekend's Justice League Unlimited! Strange how that always happens - you find yourself reminded of some celebrity you have heard hide nor hair from in ages, and soon as he comes up you come across something new he's done!