View Full Version : New Pics...

SirSteve
01-03-2002, 02:29 PM
Check them out:

http://thescifi.com/badassjedi/ep2/pics/stills020103a/index.htm

Magnolia-Fan
01-03-2002, 04:21 PM
It's gone.

Got a "site is temporarily unavailable" message.

What were they?

SirSteve
01-03-2002, 05:07 PM
That just means it's busy. Yoda with lightsaber and more!

Jek Porky 2002
01-03-2002, 05:42 PM
I would like to say WOW, but I can't see them, what are they stills from the completed film or production shots?

SirSteve
01-03-2002, 06:43 PM
New link posted. See first post.

mylow thehutt
01-03-2002, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by SirSteve
New link posted. See first post.

THanx Sirsteve i got,i saved,i saw.too cool:D

The Overlord Returns
01-03-2002, 07:18 PM
Looks like a mix of production stills and promotional photo's.

The yoda looks more than a bit wrong, well the lightsaber one anyhow. Most likely due to the fact that the saber seems added in, and not part of the original photo.

And it would appear that Dooku at some point gets a hold of Obi Wans saber in the duel.

Very cool on the whole.

chewie
01-03-2002, 07:21 PM
Nifty. :D

Jargo
01-03-2002, 07:57 PM
They kinda look like a cross between continuity/publicity and production stills.

That Shaak Ti pic must be the one they based the action figure on. So will the kit fisto figure also be based on that picture we've just seen here? Cool to see Barris Offee and Luminari Unduli (was it?) with sabers.
But so small. At such a size these could so esily be photoshopped fakes. There are some very clever people out there who can wrangle pixels deftly. Take Guy Lagace for instance. He's manipulated many pics of Ewan McGregor to suit his art and the pics don't look faked at first glance. If his pics were displayed at this low resolution and this tiny size everyone could have been convinced they were genuine for a short time at least.
I'm not saying that these pics are fakes, I'm just saying they could be. Depends on what you want to believe right now.

Nice shots but lousy res. I'll wait for the official high res stuff to start showing up before I go gaga over it all.

Tycho
01-03-2002, 08:19 PM
Jango Fett with all the clones looked awesome!

What did you guys think? At first I didn't like the Clone Trooper look - I though it didn't have to be a so close to a stormtrooper look, but eh? I'm adjusting to it. You?

The other thing I noticed is the pic with Anakin with the cloak on, looked so much like the way David Prowse carried himself in the role, that I think this just might work.

derek
01-03-2002, 09:23 PM
cool

derek
01-03-2002, 09:26 PM
why does it say the force.net sucks on ther site?

GNT
01-03-2002, 09:56 PM
Some of them look fakeish to me :(

master jedi
01-03-2002, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by derek
cool

Why look at that when I can just as easily look at this pic.

jedibear
01-04-2002, 12:28 AM
Interesting shots...most likely (as someone mentioned) these are referance shots for the figures. Padme certainly looks quite fetching in her tastefully ripped warrior garb....

I think the clonetrooper look....something old, something new.

I was really delighted to see that Adi Gallia returns...she's played a major reoccuring role in the ongoing comic series and books (most notably "Cloak of Deception" & the Jedi Apprentice series).

The "Yoda" shots looked a little off to me....I think I may be in the minority, but I'm gonna miss that puppet...

Dooku looked pretty cool too....anyone who doubts Christopher Lee can't pull this off only has to see his dynamic perfomance as Saruman in LOTR to see he's going to bring a great energy to AOTC...

Thanks for the head's up SirSteve...here's hoping for some higher res pics soon...

JediTricks
01-04-2002, 03:56 AM
Waaaah! :( It is 404 now.

Thanks for the keen pics here though, looks very wild!

Jek Porky 2002
01-04-2002, 05:21 AM
Oh there they are, and they are very very real.
Thanks Sir Steve.

Rollo Tomassi
01-04-2002, 11:34 AM
hohum. I've seen all these costumes before. Except now they are all holding lightsabers. I've seen lightsabers before. hohum.:o

Darth Evil
01-04-2002, 12:33 PM
Dooku looks cool, Yoda pic looks a bit fake.

JediCole
01-04-2002, 01:47 PM
As some seem to be prepared to dismiss these images as fakes, the question is immediatly raised, why are all the fakes so accurate?! Sure someone who is adept at working PhotoShop or other cyber-media can make very believeable fakes, but if they are fake, does it not seem odd that they are accurate. We've already seen ample genuine production photos of Anakin and Count Dooku, plus enough genuine material of Kit Fisto, Shaak Ti, and others to suggest that the images are "dead-on". So if they are fakes, so what? They might as well be the real thing for all intents and purposes.
My personal slant is that these are production/promotion stills, and a mixed bag thereof. The Fett/Troopers and one of the Dooku images are obviously poster or t-shirt fodder, some of the others are more toy reference or production still type material, much like we've seen for other Star Wars films, at least since Empire. If you have a copy of the Star Wars Action Figure Archive you will have a feel for these kinds of production still. The actor is photographed in costume and make-up against a flat background, often in an action post. This serves as a continuity master for costumes and make-up on the set as well as ideal material for the sculptors at Hasbro.
I honestly don't think these are fakes, just poorly realized. Not everyone who has access to production stills or other material snuck out of LucasFilm, Hasbro, or even publishing sources has access to a decent scanner or the know-how to make the images look as good on the web site as they do on the stills.

Jargo
01-04-2002, 03:50 PM
Um - true, true... Maybe they be real, maybe they be fake. Maybe I don't care.
I think the clonetroopers suck. I hate that helmet. HATE HATE HATE! Why couldn't they have just stuck with the damn stormtrooper helmet? Why does everything have to have an in between stage of design? The troopers are not a seen before phenomenon like the Coruscant/royal guard. This is something new so why couldn't they have given the troopers the stormtrooper helmet that actually looks good and left it at that. Now they're going to do something silly like have a different second stage helmet for EP3 and not have stormtroopers until the OT. Oh I hate bad design decisions. The heads look too big on the clonetroopers and they also have that stupid crest on top. The armour looks clunky and there's no possible way this could be workable in a combat situation. I'm sticking to my commtech stormtroopers for figures as these clonetroopers are going to make awful looking toys.
Jedi are jedi are jedi. If you've seen one you've seen them all. Same dour brown robes, same stick that glows, same boring attitude and sanctimonious ramblings about some hokey midichlorian oriented religion..... it's onlt the alien heads that make them in the slightest bit interesting.
Padme is............... *barf*
Slave-1 looks like slave-1 with a custom paint job. New go faster stripes and a new cannon on the side......
Yoda looks like a demented frog with attention deficit disorder. That saber can't be his, he doesn't have the reach to weild a weapon that size. He'd cut himself in half the first time he used it.
Great that somebody is enterprising enough to post these pics for us. great that people post links for us all to access stuff we might ordinarily miss. I'm just not impressed that's all. Not impressed with the design decisions of LFL that is.

chewie
01-04-2002, 06:02 PM
Yeah. The clonetrooper, which I now fully think is the real-deal after seeing so many pictures of it, looks dopey. There doesn't need to always be an in-between stage for the various people/places/things. But in the SW universe, there is, I guess. :)

That helmet woulda been cool if it would have remained a bone white Fett helmet and didn't get that horrible morph with a stormtrooper chin. Looks ugly. And I still don't see how somebody can have one of those helmets on their heads the way the cheeks pucker in so tightly. And if Stormtroopers couldnt see through their large visors, I dont see how any of these guys can see through this itty bitty one. As for the rest of the armor, its just a **-hum more organic looking form of the stormtrooper armor. No big whoop.

lol. My message was auto-censored for the word h o

Padme's gone total Tomb Raider on us.

Yeah. Jedi's while cool, all look the same except for alien headed ones.

I dont mind the Slave One redux as long as it lands me a cool new mold of the toy (if that happens).

Yoda has truly gone cgi. Doesn't look anything like a puppet anymore. Dunno if thats a good or bad thing yet, but it does look a lot different than he does in the rest of the movies. Whomever modeled him must not have looked too closely at the ep1 model.

But I'm mostly just not wanting to see another big cgi lizard. We were treated to enough with the special editions and ep1. I was hoping for some weird alien wooly mammoth from the descriptions I read of the Reek. But the other arena creature looks fairly interesting, the insect lookin' one.

Tycho
01-05-2002, 03:23 AM
Padme looks just fine to me!:happy:

JediCole
01-09-2002, 10:04 PM
Well, those who felt that the clonetrooper images referenced in this thread (which look NO different from the "fakes" seen as long as five or six months prior) need look no further than the Home Page article/link about Star Wars Pez to see confirmation that the helmet at least is accurate.

Co Jo-Da
01-09-2002, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by Darth Evil
Dooku looks cool, Yoda pic looks a bit fake.

YUP...

The shot of Pademe is well, uh very nice...The shot Anakin with two sabers goes far to prove my final battle theory...