PDA

View Full Version : UCS Death Star II and Sandcrawler?

DarthQuack
02-12-2005, 04:14 PM
If you get a chance to check out a link over at rebelscum, someone claims to have seen a catalogue that has both of these in it with the DS coming in at $300!!!! holy cow....pricey...

Ji'dai
02-12-2005, 04:43 PM
Well, the Sandcrawler would be a neat set to have. I know it's on many fan's wishlists. The Episode I MTT is probably the closest we've come to this kind of vehicle so LEGO could do a nice 'crawler for $50. Personally, I l'd like to see a one-hundred dollar, 1000+ piece set similar to the AT-AT. Maybe with a dozen or so Jawas and droids thrown into the mix. Why is LEGO so stingy with it's mini-figs?

For some reason a UCS DS doesn't really excite me. It would be a giant gray-plate service pack. I still haven't bought the Star Destroyer since it's not much more than a facade. I think the smaller fighters make the best models. I'd like to see a UCS A-Wing and B-Wing, maybe a landspeeder, or Imperial Shuttle. The Millenium Falcon is high on the list too but we've already gotten two System versions already.

Slicker
02-12-2005, 04:54 PM
I've wanted a UCS Sandcrawler for some time now. It could make for a really neat set. As for the Second Death Star that has potential to be a really neat set also if they can get the size right. Don't make it small first of all, if you're gonna do it do it right and make the size of a beach ball. It's got potential if the reports are real.

EDIT: I just checked the site with the reports and they say they've been confirmed. Link (http://www.eurobricks.com/)

Kidhuman
02-12-2005, 06:35 PM
Pretty saweet. The Wookie catamaran doesnt look to bad in the pictures, but I will pass for 50 bucks.

2-1B
02-13-2005, 05:57 PM
Maybe with a dozen or so Jawas and droids thrown into the mix. Why is LEGO so stingy with it's mini-figs?

It is my understanding that they shy away from the mini-figs to keep the line as a primary building set. If they cranked out too many mini-figs, it could ruffle Hasbro's feathers in regard to their exclusive action figure license.

Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't like it either and frankly if Lego were able to use more mini-figs it would not affect my Hasbro buying decisions. To me it's no different than other companies getting the ability to make Star Wars character themed items (Gentle Giant, for example).

:)

Jangu Fett
02-13-2005, 08:06 PM
I heard that Hasbro was going to sue Lego because of the Mini-figure Multi-packs. Don't know if that true, though? :confused:

Anyway, is there any pics of the Sandcrawler and Death Star II floating around?

Slicker
02-13-2005, 08:09 PM
Anyway, is there any pics of the Sandcrawler and Death Star II floating around?Not yet. The sites that I've went to said that the info is really early and the source doesn't want to reveal who he is by releasing pictures.

Mandalorian Candidat
02-14-2005, 10:56 AM
I'll be passing on both these if they are non-minifig UCS sets. They just don't appeal to me. If they can put out a 10-figure Imp Shut. rehash set and a UCS version they can certainly do a 10-fig. regular Sandcrawler set.

Jangu Fett
02-14-2005, 05:45 PM
Hey, guys. Check this (http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2005/lego_mania_magazine_sandcrawler.jpg) out. If this is what the Sandcrawlers going to look like its will be a BEAST to build.

Although this is from a Lego Mania Mag, coverage of a custom contest. This could be the set designed by a fan. ;)

Kidhuman
02-14-2005, 11:06 PM
If Thats the set, then we are in for a good one.

Slicker
02-15-2005, 03:35 AM
That set does look neat but doesn't seem very Lego like. From my experience Lego tends to shy away from using lots of big pieces and from making solid walls without features. Even on the UCS sets I have they use lots and lots of small pieces to make the sub-assemblies. Hopefully Lego is just using this as a model to make the real UCS set.

LusiferSam
02-15-2005, 02:37 PM
That's not a very good picture. I'd guess it a MOC. It looks too big to be a System set, but not detailed enough to be a UCS. The R2 unit bothers me. UCS have had R2 "figures" before but this seems mobile rather than static. And the rear tread in the photo looks like it is made using the old Technic tread which hasn't been used in years. The color however makes it look more legitimate. It clearly has dark blay bricks rather than dark gray and the brown look reddish brown. Most MOC's I've seen wouldn't have that many of the new colors in them. Again its a pretty bad picture and hard for me to make out much.

Jedibill
02-15-2005, 09:15 PM
the picture of the sandcrawler I posted awhile back asking if this was a real ad anyway theres also a SuperStar destroyer on it. heres the link, found it on Brickshelf.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=957281

LusiferSam
02-15-2005, 11:21 PM
That Super Star Destroyer looks pretty cool. Fairly well done. Still I think the Sandcrawler looks more like a MOC than a real release set.

Slicker
02-16-2005, 06:40 AM
I'd seen the pics of that Super Star Destoryer before and that thing looks really good. It'd be sweet if they'd release that too.

Jangu Fett
02-16-2005, 09:24 AM
The Death Star II is a UCS, the Sandcrawler is a mini-fig set, It's said to have 3 Jawas, C3-PO, and R2 with it.

Mandalorian Candidat
02-16-2005, 11:29 AM
...the Sandcrawler is a mini-fig set, It's said to have 3 Jawas, C3-PO, and R2 with it.

That would be nice. Now if they would only throw in a few more droids... :)

Jedibill
02-19-2005, 11:51 PM
Death star II maybe neat anyway

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=1112540

Kidhuman
02-20-2005, 12:04 AM
Thats awesome. I want it.

Slicker
02-20-2005, 01:03 AM
Very nice. I'll admit it's less than I expected but nonetheless it's a good job.

Ji'dai
02-20-2005, 12:38 PM
It looks like it would be really monotonous and tedious to build that thing. I wonder if the MINI Super Star Destroyer is on a motorized spindle so it revovles around the Death Star.

Maybe the interior could be converted to make it into a mini-fig scale playset.

DarthQuack
02-20-2005, 01:47 PM
I'm guessing maybe close to 2000 pieces hopefully, the more the merrier :)

LEGOGirl
02-20-2005, 05:10 PM
Hey Everyone! I can say that the Death Star has more than 2,000 pieces. Either way, we promise not to let you down. For complete information - check out LEGO.com on Wedneday, February 23rd.

moulman
02-20-2005, 07:47 PM
sweet-now if you can only tell me where I can get a Falcon for under 80 dollars and id be overjoyed ;)

bobafrett
02-20-2005, 08:55 PM
Hey Everyone! I can say that the Death Star has more than 2,000 pieces. Either way, we promise not to let you down. For complete information - check out LEGO.com on Wedneday, February 23rd.

Making note to check out Lego.com this Wednesday. Saw the Death Star II from SirSteves toy fair coverage. I'm still trying to save up to get myself the Star Destroyer. :(

LusiferSam
02-21-2005, 01:00 AM
I wonder if the MINI Super Star Destroyer is on a motorized spindle so it revovles around the Death Star.
I see no reason (yet) why you couldn't do this on your own. I personally doubt that's the way the set will come. I'm not great at judging the size of stuff from photos, but a technic motor and some gears and I'm sure you could have it motorized. And/or lit up while your at it.

Maybe the interior could be converted to make it into a mini-fig scale playset.
That I see as harder to do. The eastern hemisphere looks like its been used and I'm guess a lot of the interior is being used to hold the outer shell up.

JediGoofy
02-21-2005, 05:40 AM
I do not like to complain, but after seeing the pictures of the upcoming UCS Death Star II I cannot refrain from saying a word: AWFUL! :mad:

I know the DS II is one of the more difficult vehicles. The only two attempts at it I know are the Micro Machines Die-Cast and the AMT-Hertl (both DS I) and they are just two balls, but at least they are inexpensive!

The LEGO model http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lar/Public/ToyFair-2005/Raw/StarWars/dscn4113.jpg looks ridiculous to display, and not suited to play! :mad:

If LEGO wanted a mind-boggling display piece (like the wonderful Star Destroyer) it could have done a statue like this http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=19001 If LEGO wanted a playable toy it could have done a playset in Cloud City style. Both ways LEGO would have pleased at least a part of the SW LEGO fans. I wonder who could be attracted by this so-called UCS model. :frus:

JediGoofy

PS: I have a quite big SW LEGO collection (52 System sets, 16 mini vehicles sets including the Japan exclusive sets, 3 Technic sets, and last but not least 7 UCS sets) and I never complained for other changes in LEGO SW. In general I am very happy with LEGO wonderful job with the SW line. But this is ... is ... really awful! :(

moulman
02-21-2005, 09:37 AM
Hmm... I can see where your coming from on that one Goofy. Actually- I like the second link you posted rather than the actual UCS set.

Also-what is the inside suppose to be-it looks just like grey brick on top of more grey bricks. Id Rather it be made hollow somehow, if theres no detail to the inside.

LEGOGirl
02-21-2005, 09:52 AM
Hmmm...the part about $80 might be a bit of a challenge. :)

Kidhuman
02-21-2005, 09:54 AM
LegoGIrl...Do you work for Lego?

LEGOGirl
02-21-2005, 10:07 AM
Indeed I do. Doesn't mean I can share infinite details but I can answer some questions.

DarthQuack
02-21-2005, 12:12 PM
Is it possible to let know of a price, release date or ammount of pieces? Thanks.

LusiferSam
02-21-2005, 01:11 PM
Indeed I do. Doesn't mean I can share infinite details but I can answer some questions.
So are you our "community liaison" like Jake is over at lugnet? And can you say anything about the Sandcrawler before 2/23?

If LEGO wanted a mind-boggling display piece (like the wonderful Star Destroyer) it could have done a statue like this http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=19001
I'm in total agreement. I saw this MOC a while back and thought it rocked. I don't like the paneled look of the official one and probity won't get one.

LEGOGirl
02-22-2005, 03:01 PM
The Death Star details (most of them, anyway) will be rolled out Wednesday (tomorrow) on LEGO.com

Definitely check it out when you can.

Sweden
02-22-2005, 03:08 PM
Now, this is interesting indeed...

The LEGO Group has never ever been "able" as they have put it themselves to discuss neither the past, present or future of the LEGO Star Wars line due to this and that reason. Yes, I know how it works both in the toy and model kit industry but it's not like it's some Govermental Top Secret Program as The LEGO Group basically doesn't have any competition. It's a bit amusing that all of a sudden a spokes person from The LEGO group can answer some of our questions but what questions can you answer exactly? Every time someone asks an interesting question with some value the answers always been "I can't answer that" so what can we ask or not is the interesting question.

For example:

In The LEGO Mania Magazine The LEGO Group has shown off several of these so called prototype or made for fun models (that looks like products ready for distribution) so what about these? Will they be released or what?

Both the Ultimate Collector Series 7181 T.I.E. Interceptor and 7191 X-Wing Figther were released in 1:28 scale but not 10129 Snowspeeder and 10134 Y-Wing Fighter so why did The LEGO Group make this very, very odd choice?

There's a whole lot of us so called AFOLs (Adult Fans Of LEGO) out there that both build and collect the LEGO Star Wars line and we do have a whole lot of questions so LEGOGirl what can you answer or not is my question...

Kindest regards,

Lars "Sweden" Olsson in Sundsvall, Sweden.

LEGOGirl
02-22-2005, 03:21 PM
Hey Sweden - I definitely am not the new Jake McKee. He's still the community guy and really good at it if you ask me. For my part, I am the PR manager for LEGO Star Wars and a temporary assistant brand manager for the preschool assortment.

Okay - so let's now talk about the reasons why we can't release information exactly when it starts to create buzz. For one - we LOVE buzz. In reality, that's what a lot of people thrive on. Of course I'm a girl so please excuse this analogy - but you know how some people don't want to tell their friends and families what the gender is of their new baby - or what they plan to name it until the very last minute? Well, our products, Star Wars in particular, are definitely that precious to our brand so we sometimes take the exact same approach when we think it's relevant. Not to mention, because it is a licensed product line we're talking about...definitely keep in mind that those items go through MANY stages of revisions so the information constantly is changing and we don't want to leak misinformation.

Okay - that's the first one. The second one is that although we are totally flattered by your comments about not having competition, in truth, construction is a very competitive category and indeed we do have some level of competition both in our category and across other Lucasfilm licensees. Not that I don't dream about a world where LEGO rules in every way, shape and form.

Cool?

Jangu Fett
02-22-2005, 04:22 PM
Can you tell us, when we might see pictures of the new MINI sets or even the Sandcrawler? And also can you give us some hints as to what future releases will be?

If not, that cool. Another fan is always welcome.

Sweden
02-22-2005, 08:38 PM
LEGOGirl

Please do take what I've got to say the right way as it's no personal attack at you or anything like that okay? ;)

Well, that's the typical LEGO answer and it doesn't really answer my question.

Okay, you're no "Jake McKee" and that's of no loss for me personally as what he does isn't really something that impresses me at all seeing him doing the typical LEGO thing not being able to answering interesting questions over at From Bricks to Bothans and when it comes to you then you are you and not Jake McKee but someone new and fresh.

I've been in the model kit and toy business for years so "I do" know all about what you're saying about product development and licensing but still all that sometimes go towards the extreme with all this hush it's govermental secrets we can't talk about it at all nonsense and for Christs sake toy manufacturers should lighten up everyonce in a while.

Representatives of The LEGO Group always say that they "can't" talk about the past, present or future of the LEGO Star Wars line yet The LEGO Group has shown off these so called prototype or made for fun models that seems to be final products ready for distribution so if it's such a hush, hush over it all then why do you guys show us these?

The same thing goes for this whole issue of the so called "leaked" information that for example is banned over at From Bricks to Bothans with their hilarious so called "Respect the Brick" policy that seem to be such a problem for The LEGO Group so why don't you guys do something about that when it's such a hush, hush with this entire product line?

If you guys "really" can't talk about this product line then it'd be in your own interest to stop pictures of new sets from dealers catalogues to leak out on the Internet especially as it seems to be such a hush, hush surrounding the Star Wars line but as you say The LEGO Group love BUZZ and to me that's a reall smart way to advertise it all.

I mean, what's the point of having representatives of the brand unless they actually "can" talk about the products past, present and future and answer the questions that the consumers has or otherwise this whole representative thing seems like a whole bunch of absolutely free advertising and to me it's still a mystery why nothing can be said.

Kindest regards,

Lars "Sweden" Olsson in Sundsvall, Sweden.

Jedibill
02-22-2005, 09:17 PM
Hey LegoGirl how much does the Falcon Box and bags cost not including bricks and stuff just wondering if it adds alot to the price of the toy, if so why cant lego sell me the falcon in a ziplock bag and brownbox at a cheaper price online because I open them anyway?

And also what has happened to all the mindstorm sets?

Kidhuman
02-22-2005, 09:30 PM
Hey LegoGirl how much does the Falcon Box and bags cost not including bricks and stuff just wondering if it adds alot to the price of the toy, if so why cant lego sell me the falcon in a ziplock bag and brownbox at a cheaper price online because I open them anyway?

Thats funny stuff, but yet so true....

Sweden
02-23-2005, 01:35 AM
Well, 10143 Death Star II is up on Shop at Home in the US of A.

http://shop.lego.com/product.asp?p=10143&cn=4&d=5&t=3

3441 pieces but no list price yet.

25" or 65 cm high and 19" or 50 cm wide including stand.

Coming soon on the 25th of March 2005.

Quote:

"This unique collectable is sure to rank as one of the greatest LEGO Star Wars models ever produced!"

Yeah right... Nothing new at all. Have been seen already. Was that all?

Sweden - The One... And Only.

Slicker
02-23-2005, 04:15 AM
Much like the Star Destroyer with approx. the same number of parts I'd put this at around the $300 mark. I guess it's not bad I may buy it if I can find it at a discounted price on ebay or something.

One question though. Although I doubt it will this set go into stores or will it be a shop at home exclusive?

LEGOGirl
02-23-2005, 08:58 AM
[QUOTE=Sweden]LEGOGirl

Hey Sweden - no worries. I'm definitely on the sensitive side but we understand there are some very enthusiastic people out there so I try to take everything with a grain of salt. I have to say, though, that I'm not sure what you mean by not being able to talk about the past, present and future??? And in terms of not really answering your questions - I totally thought I did. First, in some instances, we truly aren't allowed to talk about anything - EVEN if it does leak out and that's per contract stuff. We're not trying to keep government secrets as you say, it's just part of business as I'm sure you understand. Now on the other hand - BOY do we wish we could stop the leaks. They aren't strategic and we're well aware of that but for Pete's sake - there wouldn't be any product to buy on-shelf if the retailers aren't allowed to see pictures of it first, right? So you can imagine that's a rock and a hard place. Okay - so that's enough about that. I don't want to always come here and talk business. I'm a fan, too, right?

Kidhuman
02-23-2005, 09:05 AM
Is the news up yet Legogirl?

LEGOGirl
02-23-2005, 09:13 AM
Out of the two things you mentioned, one I know something about but can't tell - bla, bla, bla (I know that's exactly what you're thinking) and the other you might know more than me. So how's that for a vague answer?

Kidhuman
02-23-2005, 09:56 AM
Out of the two things you mentioned, one I know something about but can't tell - bla, bla, bla (I know that's exactly what you're thinking) and the other you might know more than me. So how's that for a vague answer?

Huh??? :confused:

DarthQuack
02-23-2005, 10:21 AM
She wasn't talk to you KH, DUH. lol

Sweden
02-25-2005, 01:34 AM
LEGOGirl

Good, because as I said it's not an personal attack against either you or Jake Mckee but rather a "you've been put against the wall to start answering the question that we AFOL have because we deserve it" and because I'm that type of guy that want straight answers and not the typical we can't tell.

So please excuse me but that's the way I am you know. Straight forward.

So The LEGO Group do understand that there's some very enthusiastic people out there but then why doesn't The LEGO Group pay more attention to us as we do make a certain percentage of your sales because as I saw in a survey made in England a couple of years ago 10% of the Star Wars LEGO line was sold to us AFOL and that's something that ought to be worth some attention.

So you don't understand my question about the past, present and future?

Well, here goes Lady.

A whole lot of people have asked if The LEGO Group had plans or wanted to do a Star Trek LEGO line in the past, present or future but the answer was always "no we can't answer or even talk about that at all."

If you are allowed to talk about the past, present and future then maybe you can answer that question for the AFOL that want to see a Star Trek LEGO line and they'll be happy campers.

But I already know the answer to that question.

The LEGO Group has shown off several System and Ultimate Collector Series set in the LEGO Mania Magazine that were so called prototypes or made for fun models but that to me at least looked like products ready for distribution so could you please tell us more about all those sets that were shown off?

System sets were:

The Jawa Sandcrawler.

Ultimate Collector Series set were:

Aldar Bedoo's Pod Racer.

Darth Vader's T.I.E. Fighter.

Imperial Speeder Bike.

But I already know the answer to that question too.

If you "can" answer these two questions I'll believe that you can talk about the past, present and future of at least the LEGO Star Wars line and that the presence of LEGO representatives at AFOL websites are actually more then just free advertising but until then I see this whole thing as nothing but a very smart business move to get free advertising in the AFOL community.

The issue of your problems with leaks are an interesting subject as well.

Out of the three larger toy stores here in Sundsvall, Sweden the reatilers as far as I know at least doesn't get a dealers catalogue from The LEGO Group but are rather sent whatever LEGO Sweden think that they should have on the shelves and what's on them are mostly Knights Kingdom so what use do they've got from the dealers catalogue is mine and anybody's wild guess.

I always know more about coming sets then they do themselves... *Laughs*

I've met and talked to the sales representative of The LEGO Group up here in Norrland and as far as I could see and were told by the store representatives it was the sales representative for The LEGO Group that decided what sets should be on their shelves so in my part of the world The LEGO Group doesn't need any dealers catalogue so in my part you could stop the leaks at least.

You did say that The LEGO Group love buzz and what creates a buzz but the rumors in the leaked information and that also builds up interests from LEGO builders and collectors and that boosts sales figures so I've got a real hard time not believing that all this are strategic planned business moves made by The LEGO Group because that's what I'd do if I were in their shoes you know.

If you're truly an AFOL you're of course welcome to talk about that and not business all the time but if you're "also" here as an representative for The LEGO Group to build good relations with the AFOL community I also hope that you're allowed to answer interesting questions and not just talk about sets that already have been announced like the disappointing Death Star II set.

By the way... Was that last post you made in this topic directed towards me?

Take care until next time. ;)

Kindest regards,

Lars "Sweden - The One... And Only." Olsson in Sundsvall, Sweden.

Slicker
02-27-2005, 12:39 PM
Here's some more details about the Sandcrawler on RS. Sandcrawler (http://www.rebelscum.com/article.asp?i=89887)

Kidhuman
02-27-2005, 09:51 PM
Owen Lars as the male fig? Hope its not Luke.

Slicker
02-28-2005, 03:45 AM
I was thinking the same thing KH but I'm sure they'll just give us Luke seeing as they've already made him in that same outfit.:rolleyes:

DarthQuack
08-20-2005, 01:59 AM
Anyone ordering the UCS Death Star II? I saw over at Rebelscum that they are shipping....I'd like to get this....maybe.

Ji'dai
08-20-2005, 04:01 PM
Nope. I honestly don't care for the look of the thing. (I never bought any SW Technic sets since I didn't like the look of those either). I am debating whether to preorder the ISD from BrickBros ($249) but that's still a lot of dough for a non-System scale set. I do have all the other UCS/Sculpture sets except for the Y-Wing, but I'm gonna order that soon.

I will definitely get the Sandcrawler before the end of the year, but it will likely be a christmas present.

Slicker
08-20-2005, 06:07 PM
I would like to eventually order the Death Star but it's more of a factor of room and not money. If I'm paying that much for something I want to display it instead of mothballing it like all of my other toys.

Ji'dai
01-15-2006, 02:55 PM
I finally got around to building my Sandcrawler yesterday. At 1,669 pieces, it's the largest System set I've ever built, and it took me two shifts of three hours each to complete. (The largest set I've built is the UCS Rebel Blockade Runner, which has 1,748 pieces).

The crawler is actually a good-sized toy once finished. It has a roomy interior too with walls made from lots of bricks and not plates like the AT-AT or Turbo Tank.

I know it costs a lot of money ($140) but if you get enough scratch together I'd recommend getting it. It definitely needs more Jawas though.

The odd thing was I had a 1x8 brown plate left over. I've went back through the instructions three times now and I don't seem to have missed a step. It's weird to have such a large piece left. I know one of you guys got this set for Christmas, it must have been in another thread. What leftover pieces did you have?

LusiferSam
01-17-2006, 11:41 AM
Yeah, I had that 1x8 brown plate left over too. And I too went back through the instructions looking for where I missed a step.

I was really impressed by this set. I think it's one of the best designed SW Lego has done to date. Like Ji'dai said the interior is roomy and could easily be modified any number of ways. The droids rock, but the Jawas need work and more of them. Uncle Owen just plain sucks.

Ji'dai
01-17-2006, 12:00 PM
Good, at least I'm not the only one with that plate left. I'm not accustomed to having any significant pieces left unused like that.

I was a bit disappointed with Uncle Owen too. I actually thought it was Ben Kenobi when I put the fig together. What's your take on the droids? I'm thinking they are R1-G4, Power "Gonk" Droid, ASP-7 (or maybe Death Star Droid) and the Treadwell Droid.

The vehicle size is simply amazing. I think it may be bigger than the Kenner/Hasbro Sandcrawler. I'll have to dig out my Hasbro OTC repaint and do some comparison photos.

bobafrett
01-17-2006, 02:03 PM
Wow, I'd like to get my hands on one. In the meantime I will have to satisfy my lego cravings with the TIE Interceptor.

Do you think the leftover plate might be a base plate? Strange that both of you would have the same extra piece left.

Ji'dai
01-17-2006, 04:01 PM
Do you think the leftover plate might be a base plate? Strange that both of you would have the same extra piece left. Nah, it's too small to be a baseplate. The piece (http://64.34.173.190/ldraw/images/47/3x/3460.png) is a 1x8, or 1-stud wide and 8-studs long.

bobafrett
01-17-2006, 04:19 PM
I guess that does eliminate the possibility of being a base plate. I've had much smaller pieces as extras, and of those I think the largest piece was a 2X2 with a swivel like is used for the radar dish on the Falcon.

LusiferSam
01-18-2006, 12:21 PM
I was a bit disappointed with Uncle Owen too. I actually thought it was Ben Kenobi when I put the fig together. What's your take on the droids? I'm thinking they are R1-G4, Power "Gonk" Droid, ASP-7 (or maybe Death Star Droid) and the Treadwell Droid.
Yeah, that's my read on them, but you forgot R5-D4. We should have had a Death Star rather than the ASP droid.

I guess that does eliminate the possibility of being a base plate. I've had much smaller pieces as extras, and of those I think the largest piece was a 2X2 with a swivel like is used for the radar dish on the Falcon.
Extras of the smaller pieces, like the 1x1 round plates, is common. It's pretty unusually to get major parts extra, like these 1x8 plates or your 2x2 swivel plate. But it's not unheard of.