PDA

View Full Version : How many issues of Star Wars Insider do you have?

General_Grievous
02-13-2005, 06:06 PM
I have every issue from #34 to now (#80). Sometimes it's fun to just take a day off and skim through all of them. It's like going back in time, looking at preview photos from TPM and AOTC.:)

stillakid
02-13-2005, 08:31 PM
http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=25218&highlight=insider

I've since filled in a couple of holes in my collection with recent issues. But I'm still missing a couple of the older Bantha Tracks and Lucasfilm issues. I'll have to redo the inventory here soon....

Rocketboy
02-13-2005, 10:51 PM
The first issue I bought (which was the first time I saw the Insider) was the Special Edition issue that Han and Jabba on the cover. I think that issue also had the first look at the "Prequel Yoda" puppet head. I was so excited.

OC47150
02-16-2005, 01:46 PM
Every issue since '96 or '97, when it was announced that the fan club would be offering the exclusive cantina band member figures. I have one or two issues prior to my subscription that I've bought at the comic shop.

Bel-Cam Jos
02-16-2005, 07:23 PM
I have from #23 (which was the first SW Insider after it was the Lucasfilm Fan Club Magazine, or whatever) to #72 (when the club decided that I didn't want to renew my membership anymore, apparently), plus #76 and 77 (those were sent to me for some reason, I guess to try and get my subscription back [too late]).

DarthQuack
04-09-2009, 11:29 AM
I'd like to get some back issues....lots of good reads.

Ji'dai
04-09-2009, 02:59 PM
I stopped subscribing after it became part of Hyperspace or whatever the official club is now. I started collecting it in the early 90s, back when it was mostly about Indiana Jones rather than Star Wars. Back then, SW was pretty much dead but Indy was still going strong with the Young Indy TV series being on the air. My first issue was #15.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-09-2009, 03:36 PM
It's not part of Hyperspace anymore and hasn't been for a few years.

The first issue I got was the one with Bart and Homer as Luke and Vader, but I started subscribing with the Episode I Obi-Wan cover in late 1998 and haven't missed an issue since. Well, I think I somehow lost an issue from many years ago; it was released with two covers, one with Maul and one with Qui-Gon, but I only got one and don't know what happened to it.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-09-2009, 08:24 PM
I heard a rumor that some famous people will be mentioned in #109, so I plan to buy that one. :D But I have a big gap, now that # 77 has had over 30 more published since then.

OC47150
04-09-2009, 09:06 PM
I'd like to get some back issues....lots of good reads.

I picked up a few older issues for .99 cents each at my local comic shop.

I miss the older Insider, when short stories were regular features. I found an stack at home recently and thoroughly enjoyed reading the features. The current issues are too advertisement heavy.

bobafrett
04-10-2009, 05:12 PM
I used to have a subscription to it, then a few years back I did a Wizard World convention, and help Piazo I believe sell silver Bobafetts, for my efforts, I was given a years free subscription, but then I was getting two issues, and had to have the subscription department know of the delimma. I have been in three issues so far, the first I was in my trooper armor doing the Y.M.C.A., and I was the C, someone submitted that picture, then in another issue I was in a group shot with Mary Franklin, and in the third issue, I was in my Tusken gear at Wrigley, now I'm ready for my fourth appearance in the upcoming issue #109 as BCJ mentioned! I wish I had the other three issue numbers for those of you who are interested could look at.

bobafrett
04-22-2009, 01:00 PM
Well, after going through my collection of Star Wars insider magazines, I found I'm in the following.....

Issue 71, Bantha tracks section, page 9 I'm the Tusken standing next to Mary Franklin top right on the page

Issue 72, page 85, I'm the third Stormtrooper making the letter "C" for the "Pillage People"

Issue 73, Bantha Tracks section, page 5 I'm the Tusken Raider at Wrigley field under "Road Trips", I think my name is mentioned there.

Then of course I will be in issue 109 along with Josh for some strange reason I believe it hits newstands around April 28th.

Rocketboy
04-23-2009, 03:54 PM
Then of course I will be in issue 109 along with Josh for some strange reason I believe it hits newstands around April 28th.I picked it up yesterday. Great write up. I wasn't expecting a full pager!

bobafrett
04-23-2009, 04:29 PM
It's out already? I'll have to run to Borders book store to see if they have it yet.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-23-2009, 07:29 PM
I, too, thinkt it warn't out yit til next week. I'll haveta check it out as well.

bobafrett
04-23-2009, 07:45 PM
Well, it was at the bookstore in Oakbrook, Illinois, so I picked up a couple of issues. Nice with color pictures!

Rocketboy
04-24-2009, 09:48 PM
The street date wasn't until April 28, but I typically find 'em before then.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-24-2009, 11:31 PM
Cool article, bobafrett and Tycho. Couldn't get them to put your user names in it? :rolleyes: I noticed the subtle "Droid Sniffing" comment. ;) Awesome, awesome. :thumbsup: