PDA

View Full Version : Keane...sweet Band!

TheDarthVader
02-13-2005, 10:40 PM
Does anyone here like Keane? They are a very interesting band to say the least. A vocalist (male) who can sing high notes, a pianist, and a drummer; together they compose the band. Their debut album is "Hopes and Fears". I just bought it and I have enjoyed it immensely. Their sound seems to flow nicely and the lyrics are deep.

B.
TDV

2-1B
02-16-2005, 02:22 AM
That one current single of theirs isn't bad but I've heard it way too many times. :D
I saw them on SNL a few weeks back, not bad. :)
Nothing I feel compelled to buy, though.

Rocketboy
02-16-2005, 09:27 PM
They seem to be the annoying flavor of the week.

Hellboy
04-27-2005, 04:24 PM
I bought this album the other day and I love it.

IMO the best tracks aren't the songs that get the most radio play. Especially "Bedshaped," man thats a great song. :cool:

Mandalorian Candidat
04-27-2005, 05:24 PM
They seem to be the annoying flavor of the week.

My thought exactly. If the single is any example of the rest of their stuff... :o yawn. The local alternative station in SLC has been trying to promote a show in May since Jan or Feb. They only way they can get butts in the seats is by giving away tix, which they do every other hour.

arctangent
04-29-2005, 10:08 AM
its nice that you like keane but imo they are one of the worst bands this country has produced in many a long year. boring doesn't come into it. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :dis:

Devo
05-02-2005, 12:00 PM
They seem to be a love them or hate them band. I find myself liking them. They're songs have a hummability to them which is what I look for in music.

TheDarthVader
05-11-2005, 05:00 PM
I don't listen to the radio much. I just listen to my cds. I am still listening to Keane. I agree that there are many good songs that aren't played on the radio on this cd. Anyway...I usually like alternative/rock bands, but this calm band is a welcomed change. It defintely is something to listen to with the girlfriend. ;)

B.
TDV

The Overlord Returns
06-02-2005, 06:40 PM
Keane are the new Coldplay, which means they're crap, anyway you slice it.

Hellboy
06-02-2005, 07:03 PM
Keane are the new Coldplay, which means they're crap, anyway you slice it.

Ouch!! Coldplay is one of my favorite bands so obviously I'm going to disagree with your comments refering to them as crap. Sounds to me like you're just not into this style of music. As far as I'm concerned the comparison is a compliment.

The Overlord Returns
06-02-2005, 07:16 PM
Ouch!! Coldplay is one of my favorite bands so obviously I'm going to disagree with your comments refering to them as crap. Sounds to me like you're just not into this style of music. As far as I'm concerned the comparison is a compliment.

Indeed, I'm not a big fan of Wuss rock. "The Scientist" is a great song, but on the whole I find coldplay to be repetitive and boring. I also have a BONO sized dislike for Chris Martin. Keane sounds like a coldplay rehash to me, offering nothing new or interesting.