PDA

View Full Version : Another "Sequal" Question.

Jek Porky 2002
01-03-2002, 05:14 PM
O.K sorry about all of these sequal questions, but as I've only just got a DVD player I am really starting to get into lots of different films.
This Christmas my Mum and Dad got me X-Men, I wasn't that bothered about it but I thought it would be worth watching, and worth it, it was it's FANTASTIC.
And I was wondering if there is a planned sequal.
By the way on the DVD (Special Edition) go to Special Features, Art Gallery, and then highlight Menu and press up, Wolverine's Dog Tags will highlight, Select them and you can see artwork for the designs of The Beast and The Blob.

Magnolia-Fan
01-03-2002, 07:48 PM
Yes, there is a sequel in the works. I don't know much about it though.

You found one of the two "easter eggs" on the disc.
Did you find the other one?

Obi-Don
01-03-2002, 11:28 PM
I sure hope that if they have the same characters in the next movie they use the same actors. I hate when they use a different actor to play the same part.

Really would like to see H. Berry back as storm.;) :kiss:

GNT
01-03-2002, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by Obi-Don
I sure hope that if they have the same characters in the next movie they use the same actors. I hate when they use a different actor to play the same part.

I hate that too :( :mad:

All I know for Xmen2 is that Hugh signed to be in the 2nd one and that the film would have Gambit and The Beast in it(That can still change)

Jek Porky 2002
01-04-2002, 04:56 AM
I havn't yet found the other Easter Egg, and another thing, I don't really remember the Cartoon Series and have never read the comics, but was Gambit that Scotish guy who used to throw cards? I remember The Beast but not the Blob.

LTBasker
01-04-2002, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by GNT

I hate that too :( :mad:

All I know for Xmen2 is that Hugh signed to be in the 2nd one and that the film would have Gambit and The Beast in it(That can still change)

Really?

*POSSIBLE SPOILER!*
i heard that all the cast signed up for anymore of the movies

Rollo Tomassi
01-04-2002, 12:45 PM
The answers to all your questions.

Beast, Blob and Pyro were all scheduled to be in the first movie, but Fox cut the budget from $80 mil to $75 mil and they had to lose some stuff. Which is why Jean Grey is Dr. Grey and there is no Dr. McCoy.

The second film, titled X, starts filming at the end of April/beginning of May (there are some conflicting reports, but it's only a week or two difference.). Director Bryan Singer says he has been toying with two different ideas. One is the Sentinels and mankind vs the Mutants and the other is the Dark Phoenix saga.

Gambit is not Scottish. He's cajun, as in from Louisiana's French quarter.

The second easter egg has a Spiderman running into a scene they are shooting as a gag.

Beast is in the second film. Gambit is out. They filmmakers said they already have one renegade bad boy character (Wolverine)and they don't need two.

Everybody cast in the first film signed a two picture deal, so everybody is in the second film. it's the third film you'll have to worry about casting changes. Possibly why they are leaving so many characters like Gambit out. Once the original cast costs too much, they can jettison the expensive ones and bring in new cast members to play the hot characters. So Wolvie will be out and Gambit will be in, played by a relatively cheaper actor.

So there you go...:)

bigbarada
01-04-2002, 11:57 PM
I'm glad Beast will be in the next one; but in what form? Anything but his current Lion King look fron the comics would be fine.

I had heard a rumor a while back about Hugh Jackman starring in a solo Wolverine movie. Any truth to it or just wishful thinking? Personally I think it would be pretty cool.