PDA

View Full Version : Best Darth Vader figure

ethansports
02-15-2005, 05:22 AM
What do u guys think is the best Vader figure released, preferably in the OTC line?

I know most of you might say VOTC Vader, but I have him and I like him, but he isn't THE best. He's all right.

What do you guys think of OTC Death Star Vader? Or OTC Hoth Vader?

Kidhuman
02-15-2005, 08:41 AM
They were both reissues. The OTC one I like the best is the ANH one because of the STormtrooper cardback. My favorite Vader is the removeable helmet from POTF2 and the VOTC one.

CaptainSolo1138
02-15-2005, 10:52 AM
My favorite Vader is the removeable helmet from POTF2
I agree with KH. But commtech Vader is a close second. Unlike most people in these parts, I'm a big fan of "posed" figures.

Devo
02-18-2005, 11:37 AM
Yep the ANH OTC Vader with the stormtrooper squad on the card is the best of the Vader OTC reissues. Best pose (fairly neutral, one foot forward as though he's just about to march off) and sculpt. The main cape is cloth, the waist cape is plastic and sculpted without the annoying billow of the Removeable helmet Vader. More arm articulation would have been nice on this figure because his right arm looks best by his side holding the cape back off his front but other than that needs to be wielding his lightsaber to look good because of the angle of the hand. The left arm is good for lightsaber holding, pointing or force choking because of the angle of the hand and the articulation at the elbow.

Its a great Vader for many scenes in the film, and although its an ANH Vader I've never found the differences in the suits noticeable enough that I can't use an ANH Vader for an ESB or ROTJ scene.

The Hoth Vader is not my favourite Vader sculpt and this is the third time we've had this one. IMO it was only good when it had the translucent lightning effect on the POTJ Emperors wrath version.

I think the other OTC Vader is a reissue of the Jedi duel removeable helmet version which I didn't really like the first time around what with the crap action feature, aforementioned billowing waist cape which prevented him from lying on the ground for his death scene, and what I think was the cape from the Bespin duel Vader (good for the bespin Vader but not this one).

So Definitely my vote goes to the ANH Vader.

General_Grievous
02-18-2005, 03:43 PM
To me, it's VOTC Vader, hands down.

DarkArtist
02-18-2005, 09:11 PM
If it was up to me I would have to say the following:

1.) VOTC Vader - best articulation, accessories overall awesome
2.) Com Tech Vader - has the whole sith choke hand pose cloth capes
3.) Dagobah Spirit Vader - The overall spirit look and beheaded feature with Luke face, great idea and great effect.
4.) POTF Vader with removable helmet- first scared Anakin head
5.) 20th Anniversary Vader - Great pose looks real and great accompany to the Obi Wan of the same set or the Luke from Final Jedi Duel or even the any other Jedi.

However if the 500th figure is going to be Vader I fear that Hasbro with make a fairly good meditation chamber, but would most likely pack it with the VOTC Vader.

DarkArtist
02-18-2005, 09:14 PM
The OTC Vader with the stormtrooper background is the same Vader from the Masters of the Darkside 2 pack. Hoth Vader is the same one from the POTJ emperor's wrath and the toy's r us set.

Slicker
02-18-2005, 10:30 PM
I'm gonna have to chime in and say that I like the Commtech Vader the best. I like the cloth cape and the addition of the interrogation droid. Vader removeable helmet is a close second.:)

Reefer Shark
03-03-2005, 06:14 PM
VOTC Vader, all the way! He's the best yet IMO.

I'm not saying that they can't do better though - ball socket elbows would improve the figure, and a removeable helmet would have been the icing on the cake.