PDA

View Full Version : Episode 3 MINIs???

Mandalorian Candidat
02-16-2005, 11:34 AM
My son was looking at his latest Lego catalog or whatever that bimonthly mailer is and found a MINI version of Anakin's EP3 Jedi Starfighter. There's that new promo that Lego is running called Brickmaster or something like that where you spend $40 and you get some modeling software and a random small set of Legos every month or two. One of the sets is supposed to be a Starfighter MINI.

This makes me wonder if Lego will bring them back later this year or sometime next year. We did get sets from all 5 previous movies (only 1 from EP1) so we may get more for EP3.

I'll try to take a pic of it and post it later.

2-1B
02-16-2005, 01:12 PM
I noticed that as well.

They put the "hard to find" tag next to it.

Jangu Fett
02-16-2005, 01:33 PM
Well it is "hard to find"......

IT HAS NOT BEEN RELEASED YET.....

Maybe the hard to find was for another set they were going to include. And then at the last minute changed what set was to originally be released?

moulman
02-16-2005, 04:07 PM
its all marketing when it comes to the "hard to find" tag...LEGO prolly put it there to entise you into purchasing the brickmaster thing

Mandalorian Candidat
02-16-2005, 08:22 PM
Thanks for putting that up, Caesar. Now I don't have to lug out my crappy camera and do all that rigamerole.

I'm wondering if by "HTF" they mean that the sets will be random, not just in what you get each month but that different people will get totally different sets all throughout the subscription period. I'm pretty partial to the MINIs, so I'm hoping this will be available without having to sign up for the program.

I can see a MINI Clone attack tank (whatever that big one on Kashyyyk is called), Corporate Alliance Droid, and ARC ship (looks like an X-Wing) as well.

Kidhuman
02-16-2005, 09:05 PM
I havent gotten my Lego mag yet, I might be due for a renewal though...hmmmmmmmmm

aceguide
02-17-2005, 10:50 AM
I would like to see the mini line continue not only with EPIII, but a few EPI & II as well as some more OTC in there...

Has anyone joined the brickmaster program? I was thinking about it for the 8 year old - but have yet to commit...

Ji'dai
02-17-2005, 01:51 PM
I think I'll pass on the BrickMaster club. There isn't enough to interest me in forking over $39.99. Aside from the club magazine, let us see what you get:

LEGO Model Design Software
New LEGO set every two months (total $20 value)
Bionicle Comic (meh)
LEGOLAND California Child's Admission Ticket

I think it would be a nice gift for kids though. It would be fun looking forward to a new mystery set every other month. And if you're planning on a family vacation to LEGOLAND CA then the free ticket is a nice bonus.

Mandalorian Candidat
02-17-2005, 08:07 PM
I would like to see the mini line continue not only with EPIII, but a few EPI & II as well as some more OTC in there...

I really like the MINIs, especially once they go one clearance. :D

I wouldn't mind seeing some more with a fifth bonus set.

aceguide
02-18-2005, 12:22 PM
I really like the MINIs, especially once they go one clearance. :D

I wouldn't mind seeing some more with a fifth bonus set.

I agree entirely - especially on the bonus set. I was sorry to see the last wave did not include that feature.

Mandalorian Candidat
03-14-2005, 10:42 AM
My kids got their latest Lego magazine/catalog on Sat. and it was chock full of SW stuff. Of course now it's kind of anticlimactic since we've all seen the various pix of the EP3 sets online. The most interesting thing for me were 3 coupons for 3 different MINI sets that will be available at retail starting next month. I'm sorry I don't have them in front of me and can't give the exact details right now, but when you redeem them by buying $15 worth of Legos you get one of three MINI sets. The first one is a TIE Interceptor, the second is the ARC trooper fighter (there's a regular scale ship coming out next month), and the third is Ani's EP3 JSF. Each is good during a specific time period and only at a specific retailer, like TRU.

The magazine also has a $10 off coupon when you buy $50 worth of stuff at Lego stores. I don't think it's good for S@H, though.

Ji'dai
03-18-2005, 10:24 PM
Here are details on the LEGO Star Wars promotions that Mandalorian Candidat mentioned. This is from the March-April 2005 LEGO Club Magazine:

April 11-30, 2005 - Toys R' Us
Get a free LEGO MINI TIE Interceptor with a minimum $14.99 purchase of LEGO Star Wars sets.

May 15-21 - Toys R' Us
Receive a free LEGO MINI Arc-170 Starfighter with a minimum purchase of LEGO Star Wars sets.

May 1-31, 2005 - Albertsons
FREE LEGO Star Wars Mini Jedi Starfighter with purchase of 2 12 packs or 1 24 pack of any Pepsi Cola products and 2 bags of any Frito-Lay products using your loyalty card from 5/1/05 through 5/30/05.

May 19-31, 2005 - Burger King
Enter the Star Wars Instant Win Game to win cool LEGO prizes, including life size models of Darth Vader and R2-D2!

EDIT: The $10-Off a $50 purchase coupon can only be used at LEGO Stores. It's not valid at LEGO.com. Pfft... might as well make it exclusive to participating stores in Billund, Denmark.

Mandalorian Candidat
03-21-2005, 01:02 PM
I'm planning on doing the MINI promos. I was going to buy the smaller sets first anyways, so I might as well get down to TRU once the promos hit and buy them so I get a little bonus. Lego S@H/Lego Club has the free JSF MINI when you buy the full-sized version, but Amazon.com has it for $5 cheaper plus free shipping so I just got it that way instead.

aceguide
03-21-2005, 03:56 PM
I was very happy to see those sets in the magazine. The Arc looks particularly nice.

In the end I went with their promo for the mini-ani with the full size version. Seemed like a trade off between the good deal at amazon and having to spend $15 later to get the mini.

Let's hope there are more minis on tap for the future. I wouldn't mind seeing them run as a promo either...

JediTricks
03-22-2005, 01:05 AM
I only wish the Albertsons promo wasn't so extreme, what kind of glutton needs all that soda and chips? And if you're doing a party, you'd want more MINI JSFs for your friends. ;) Maybe if it were cumulative instead, but I suspect it won't be.

Slicker
03-22-2005, 03:52 AM
I've never even heard of Albertson's. I'm assuming that it's some sort of supermarket? That doesn't really seem fair for those that may want this buy not putting the exclusive in a big chain store.

Mandalorian Candidat
03-22-2005, 10:57 AM
I only wish the Albertsons promo wasn't so extreme, what kind of glutton needs all that soda and chips?

"This will be adequate sustenance for the Doctor Who marathon."

I've never even heard of Albertson's. I'm assuming that it's some sort of supermarket? That doesn't really seem fair for those that may want this buy not putting the exclusive in a big chain store.

Albertson's is a nationwide chain. I'm surprised you've never heard of it.

Ji'dai
03-22-2005, 12:09 PM
I've never heard of Albertsons either. But I don't eat chips or worse... Pepsi cola. Ugh. Star Wars goes better with Coke.

JediTricks
03-23-2005, 05:11 AM
Albertsons is owned by Sav-On/Osco Drugs, both are national chains (somewhat, anyway). I agree, it seems like a very limited chain to go to with this though, but it's not the ONLY way to get it, and I suspect Lego will be offering it up on yet another promotion sooner or later (possibly at this Summer's convention circuit, who knows).

Kidhuman
03-23-2005, 10:38 AM
The only place I have ever heard of Albertsons was in these forums.....I drink the hell out of pepsi and the kids love Fritos...too bad I dont have one here. Unless someone does a hook up for me.... :D:beard:

aceguide
03-28-2005, 01:39 PM
Albertson's reach is very limited in the East & Southeast - as in there is not one in Virginia...

That being said I received my mini starfighter with my regular sized one from Lego shop@home (shipping was LIGHTNING fast).

Get your hands on the mini. It is one of the better ones so far. Now I have to save the $$ for the TRU promo next...

Mandalorian Candidat
04-12-2005, 07:39 PM
I picked up a MINI TIE/I yesterday with the Droid Tri-Fighter. I'm surprised that they'll let you buy it for only $5. A high quality set like that with that many parts from Lego should be at least $20. :D

Anyways I think it's kind of cool, nothing spectacular, but still cool. Looking forward to the ARC and JSF MINIs now.

Kidhuman
04-12-2005, 08:34 PM
Man Can, will you be able to grab me one from ALbertsons. There are none on the East Coast. Would appreciate it mucho.

Mandalorian Candidat
04-13-2005, 04:02 PM
Man Can, will you be able to grab me one from ALbertsons. There are none on the East Coast. Would appreciate it mucho.

I'll see what I can do amigo, but shipping those pepsi 12 packs will cost a bundle. ;)

Hopefully they'll just let us buy them like TRU is doing with the TIE/Is so we don't have to rot our teeth on all that soda.

Kidhuman
04-13-2005, 04:26 PM
All good, as I drink pepsi. You could also have the little ones open a lemonade pepsi stand.

Kidhuman
04-22-2005, 05:04 PM
Got the TIE Interceptor today from Bobafrett. It is a nice little piece and was in shock on how nice it was when I put it together.

moulman
04-23-2005, 10:25 AM
(wow SSG is running slow today!)

Just wanted to mention that i got a mini anakin starfighter at the lego booth at c3 yesterday. had to answer a question about star wars legos to get it tho, but that wasnt a problem:D

Happy i got this, but it wont make up for the store being closed all day :(

JediTricks
04-24-2005, 06:33 PM
It's a routing problem, I was having it as well, but not everybody was seeing it. It's cleared up by now.

Mandalorian Candidat
04-25-2005, 10:28 AM
(wow SSG is running slow today!)

Just wanted to mention that i got a mini anakin starfighter at the lego booth at c3 yesterday. had to answer a question about star wars legos to get it tho, but that wasnt a problem:D

Happy i got this, but it wont make up for the store being closed all day :(

Sweet. Freebies, especially Lego ones, are always good.

Mandalorian Candidat
05-02-2005, 07:34 PM
Anyone pick up the MINI JSF at Albertson's yet? People on the fbtb.net boards are claiming they've found them. Some are saying they're available for $3.49 w/o having to buy any Pepsi/Frito crap. I'm going to check it out tonight.

JediTricks
05-02-2005, 09:05 PM
Thanks for mentioning that ManCan, I totally forgot to update my news post about that.

Kidhuman
05-02-2005, 11:21 PM
If someone could grab one for me, be much appreciated.

Major Karr
05-03-2005, 12:43 PM
Found the mini ARC-170 at a TRU outside DC today. It was with the LEGO stuff, not the ROTS display. It was $4.99.

Slicker
05-03-2005, 03:07 PM
I found the MINI ARC-170 and the MINI TIE Interceptor today at the VA Beach TRU.

Kidhuman
05-03-2005, 07:16 PM
Slicker, can you grab me the ARC-170 mini?

moulman
05-03-2005, 07:29 PM
Is there any offer to get the mini ARC fighter for free?

I remember at some TRU it was like buy 15 dollars worth of merchandise and receive the TIE interceptor for no cost..

Mandalorian Candidat
05-03-2005, 07:43 PM
Is there any offer to get the mini ARC fighter for free?

I remember at some TRU it was like buy 15 dollars worth of merchandise and receive the TIE interceptor for no cost..

It's supposed to be the same deal as with the TIE/I, $15 of Lego SW will get it for you. However, I've been told by TRU employees it has to be ROTS Legos, not OT ones. I don't know if this is true or not. Some stores still have Hailfire Droids and MECs on clearance with the Imperial Shuttle 2 and MF around.

Here's what I found out on the MINI JSF. Some Albertsons have them in a special cardboard bin with a big Yoda backdrop. These should be by an endcap of Pepsi cases. Right now I think they are on sale (with your big brother tracking card) for 3 for $11 (the 12 can cases). Some stores have them at the registers with the cashiers so you can't get your grubby paws sans the junk food. One interesting thing is that there is a scannable coupon at the cardboard bin you're supposed to use to get the set for free when you buy the junk. The coupon says it's supposed to be a 24 pack, nothing about 2 12 packs. It also says that the sets are not available for individual purchase. Also, the offer is supposed to be good at Albertson's affiliates. I apologize, I can't remember what they are and I don't have the coupon with me.

That being said I stopped off last night at a store and bought two of the sets without the soda and chips. One local store has self-checkout so I used that to avoid any hassle. They are priced for $3.49 before tax.

If any of you want one I will try my best to get enought for everyone. I know KH has asked me, so if I can get it w/o buying the crap I'll see what I can do for the rest of the SSG'ers who really want one.

I'll get the coupon and list at what stores other than Albertsons have them. If you don't have a store nearby then LMK.

BTW, the set is almost the length of the vulture droid that comes with the full sized version. For a MINI I think it has good detail. No landing gear, but with the wings fully extended toward the cockpit it can balance level. A nice set, IMO.

Slicker
05-03-2005, 08:32 PM
Is there any offer to the mini ARC fighter for free.

I remember at some TRU it was like buy 15 dollars worth of merchandise and receive the TIE interceptor for no cost..Mine was just on the shelf in it's little baggie and it sold for $4.99. I haven't built it yet but it looks pretty neat.

KH, just PM me with your address (I should just keep the damn thing in my mail box) and I'll get it out ASAP.

Kidhuman
05-03-2005, 08:35 PM
Thanks SLicker, PM sent

Mandalorian Candidat
05-03-2005, 11:38 PM
OK, for anyone who's interested here's the lowdown on the MINI JSF...

The store coupon says "You will receive your LEGO Star Wars Starfighter Free with the purchase (1) Pepsi-Cola 24 pack and (2) bags of participating Frito-Lay products. Customer to pay sales tax. Coupons good only at participating Albertsos, Acme, Jewel-Osco, and Shaws...Frito participating products include: Fritos, Cheetos, and Stax." It also looks like Savon Drugs and Osco Drugs may have them.

I'm surprised about the MINI ARC being out already. The Lego ad says the promo runs from May 15-31. I'll have to see tomorrow.

Mandalorian Candidat
05-09-2005, 05:19 PM
I haven't seen any action on this section for awhile. Everyone sick of Legos?

Anyways, if anyone's still interesting in the MINI JSF and can't get ahold of one, LMK.

Ji'dai
05-09-2005, 06:07 PM
I did see the MINI ARC-170 set on TRU shelves today for 4.99. Such a small set is definitely not worth five dollars so I passed.

JediGoofy
05-10-2005, 04:12 AM
I am looking for both the Mini JSF and the Mini ARC-170 (since I live in Italy I will never have any chance to buy them here :( ).

So, if MC or any of you can help me I will be very happy. :)

Ciao,
JediGoofy

JediTricks
05-11-2005, 08:00 PM
I saw the ARC-170 yesterday, it is kinda weak, now I am sorry I didn't get the set I wanted at Target when it was on sale last month, oh well, I gambled and lost.

I have had a miserable time finding the Jedi Starfighter at Albertsons, every one I go to is totally ignorant of these.

aceguide
05-12-2005, 03:31 PM
I picked up the mini ARC. I disagree with Ji'Dai - I belive that all of the minis have been worth the money,

I now have the mini starfighter (from the Lego club offer with the big one) the ARC and the tie interceptor (picked that up the same day as the mini ARC for $4.99).

Mandalorian Candidat
05-13-2005, 07:07 PM
I picked up the mini ARC. I disagree with Ji'Dai - I belive that all of the minis have been worth the money,

I now have the mini starfighter (from the Lego club offer with the big one) the ARC and the tie interceptor (picked that up the same day as the mini ARC for $4.99).

I've seen the mini ARC too and while I'm not impressed with the size, it's a nice extra if you're going to buy some SW Legos anyways. No way I'd pay $5 for one of these though. The promo will start on Sunday.

Ji'dai
05-15-2005, 02:16 AM
The polybagged sets have traditionally been a "trial size" item - an inexpensive way for consumers to try out a new product. These polybagged ROTS sets are an okay freebie with purchase but they are not worth five bucks each. In the past this type of set rarely sold for more than three dollars. I don't think there are any unique parts in them; I know I could easily build them from my collection.

moulman
05-15-2005, 07:09 PM
OK, ive got all the sw lego sets that my TRU has (nless they still have a few hailfire droids floating around), so what if I did this:

Bought 15 dollars worth of legos, and got the free arc fighter, then in a few days just return the legos and keep the mini set?

Mandalorian Candidat
05-17-2005, 11:12 AM
OK, ive got all the sw lego sets that my TRU has (nless they still have a few hailfire droids floating around), so what if I did this:

Bought 15 dollars worth of legos, and got the free arc fighter, then in a few days just return the legos and keep the mini set?

I don't know if they'll let you do that. The store near me is very picky about that and they even initial the receipt when you get a freebie like that to avoid returns.

Slicker
05-17-2005, 02:57 PM
I never even had to buy any other LEGO sets to get my ARC and TIE I simply bought them for five bucks each.

Kidhuman
05-18-2005, 01:44 AM
Got the MINI ARC from slicker, big ups.

Slicker
05-18-2005, 02:02 AM
Glad I could help you out KH. If you need the Interceptor I can get you one of those too.