PDA

View Full Version : George Lucas is Baron Papanoida in Ep3

sicqnus
02-17-2005, 04:54 AM
George Lucas made a cameo in Ep3. He played a character named Baron Papanoida (a double agent) in the Opera House scene. See pic below.

Also, the cast reveals cameos by Peter Jackson (LOTR), Lucas & Mc Callum's children, Pablo Hidalgo, more...

see .txt file below.

http://www.sicqnus.com/news/papanoida.jpg

http://www.sicqnus.com/news/castingROTS.txt

Slicker
02-17-2005, 07:27 AM
Now I know why Lucas has never appeared in any of the other SW movies. Yeesh, he really should've tried to do some sit-ups or something.

Hopefully we'll actually get to see him in the movie. If anything make his cameo like Anthony Daniels or Ahmed Best.

Kidhuman
02-17-2005, 10:36 AM
I just hope Ross isnt the dude from friends playing a padawan....

hango fett
02-17-2005, 10:37 AM
that looks wierd. i just can't see lucas acting. directing and writing, yes. but not acting...
HF

Kidhuman
02-17-2005, 10:38 AM
Why not, go for the trifecta of what he can not do......

aceguide
02-17-2005, 10:53 AM
Good for him. After all the time and energy he's put into the series he should be able to see himself on screen for a few moments...

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-17-2005, 11:45 AM
Ha, he looks funny. It will be cool to see him on screen for a while.

I wonder if he's related to Jorg Sacul? :p

This Peter Jackson isn't the director of LOTR, it's another guy; they said that on Hyperspace.

General_Grievous
02-17-2005, 05:11 PM
Lucas.....:o

That cast list is interesting. Why would they bring Dannl Faytonni back?

Rune Haako will also be back. That's kinda cool, as he should have been in AOTC.

Slicker
02-17-2005, 08:51 PM
I like how Jeremy Bulloch is playing a Tantive IV pilot.:)

Fluke Skywalker
02-17-2005, 09:59 PM
Popanoida... wasn't that the Dominos Pizza mascot? :p

I think it's cool that he's doing it... Kinda sad though because it sort of sends home the fact that this is the last go round :(

I agree Jeremy Bulloch being init is cool. And Peter Jackson???? I had no idea. Is this list confirmed? That's cool too... I think it's only fair that PJ give GL a cameo in 'King Kong'.

Slicker
02-17-2005, 11:59 PM
Fluke, if you read JabbaJohn's post he said that it isn't the same Peter Jackson just a similar name.:)

Kidhuman
02-18-2005, 12:04 AM
Just like Im not KH and he is not SLicker, :eek: :beard:

2-1B
02-18-2005, 05:37 AM
Yeah, that's just swell . . . even though the initial report of the cameos stated it's not the same PJ, people have to read that name and just run with it so 10 years from now people will STILL think the LOTR PJ was in ROTS and it will be very annoying.

:bored:

Fluke Skywalker
02-18-2005, 07:03 AM
Yeah, that's just swell . . . even though the initial report of the cameos stated it's not the same PJ, people have to read that name and just run with it so 10 years from now people will STILL think the LOTR PJ was in ROTS and it will be very annoying.

Ooooooooooooo Kaaaaaaaaaaay. :eek:

Yep, nothing more annoying than those darn Peter Jackson rumors. ;)

2-1B
02-18-2005, 07:27 AM
I said "very" annoying, not "more annoying that anything else in the entire universe" ;)

:beard:

CaptainSolo1138
02-18-2005, 09:12 AM
If I'm wrong or their is an explanation I'm missing please correct me, but I didn't notice a credit for Boba Fett.

Kidhuman
02-18-2005, 10:02 AM
If I'm wrong or their is an explanation I'm missing please correct me, but I didn't notice a credit for Boba Fett.

Jeremy Bulloch --- Tantive IV Pilot (Boba Fett original dans la trilogie classique)

He played Boba Fett in the OT, thats all.

CaptainSolo1138
02-18-2005, 10:36 AM
Actually, what I meant was there was no one listed playing Fett in Episode III. Are we to assume it's Teemura Morrison?

Kidhuman
02-18-2005, 10:37 AM
Fett isnt in it

Slicker
02-18-2005, 11:38 AM
So Boba Fett is yet another one of those now infamous one prequel movie characters. I still don't understand why they even had to include the name Fett in the prequels....but that's for a different thread.

CaptainSolo1138
02-18-2005, 01:07 PM
So Boba Fett is yet another one of those now infamous one prequel movie characters. I still don't understand why they even had to include the name Fett in the prequels
No kidding. I'm not some huge Fett dork, but I assumed his story would be followed in E3. To be honest, I'm kinda dissapointed that it isn't. I really wanted the background behind "No disintegrations"!! If he's not it made the Jango Fett subplot in E2 a huge waste of time.

Slicker
02-18-2005, 01:13 PM
The "no disintegrations" part would've been really neat. Like Mace could've been fighting Ani and Boba could've disintegrated him taking the ever so sweet victory away from Ani for Mace not wanting him to be trained.

Man, I should've written Episode III but then again I probably would've titled it Episode III: :pThe Spider-Monkey Infestation.

The 'Xir
02-18-2005, 03:49 PM
Yeah in another thread I just spelled out how Fett should have and could have been in EpIII, but I didn't know if he actually was or not! I hope I didn't mislead anyone into thinking otherwise if they even read my other posts that is!

I'm stiil holding out hope that he is in it, and they are leaving it out of the credits, 'cause it's some big spoiler or somthing! I know, I know, stop obsessing, he's not in it! But, I can dream can't I?! :dis: :D

Rebo's_Guitarist
02-18-2005, 05:49 PM
Huh, I thought the old story was that the Jedi were killed by Mandolorian warriors in the Clone Wars.................

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-18-2005, 07:49 PM
Huh, I thought the old story was that the Jedi were killed by Mandolorian warriors in the Clone Wars.................
Strike that, reverse it! :D

They worked in a subplot in the comics, I think, that one of the crazy ARC troopers makes the "New Mandalorians" or something near the end of the Clone Wars. Then the Jedi kill them or something. But don't quote me on that.

If you want to go with the movies, then well yes, the last true Mandalorian was killed by a Jedi at the start of the Clone Wars.

I don't think Boba needs to be in ROTS . . . the shot of him and the helmet in the arena pretty much says it all. Then in the new version of ANH, people will see him and say "Ohh . . . that's Boba Fett!" Assuming, of course, they've never heard of Boba Fett. ;)

2-1B
02-19-2005, 01:00 AM
I definitely have no desire to see Boba in ROTS.

His appearance in ESB was cool, I guess, and his demise in ROTJ was very fitting.

I like him in AOTC because I thought it was a fairly well done inclusion and I absolutely dislike him being in ANH.

He's already in 4 movies so that's more than enough ! :D

Now if only Threepio's screentime had been cut down. ;)

The 'Xir
02-21-2005, 03:52 AM
I definitely have no desire to see Boba in ROTS.

His appearance in ESB was cool, I guess, and his demise in ROTJ was very fitting.

I like him in AOTC because I thought it was a fairly well done inclusion and I absolutely dislike him being in ANH.

He's already in 4 movies so that's more than enough ! :D

Now if only Threepio's screentime had been cut down. ;)

Caesar?! You dare mock the Man! ;) And you use a Dengar avatar at the same time?! They're best buds ya know?! :p