PDA

View Full Version : Survivor: Palau

DarthQuack
02-17-2005, 07:30 PM
More chat to come after the episode has aired.....:)

James Boba Fettfield
02-17-2005, 07:44 PM
I am just not feeling anything with this group of contestants.

Every new season and I try and find a Rudy or Rupert type guy to get behind. Just not seeing it with these new guys at all.

DarthQuack
02-17-2005, 07:55 PM
I won't discuss who got voted out since West Coasters probably have to wait a couple hours to see it :) But I'm liking how it's looking. There's a few cool people.

El Chuxter
02-18-2005, 11:57 AM
At least that singing woman is gone. Ye gods, she was annoying, and I wasn't even there on the island!! :eek:

DarthQuack
02-19-2005, 11:05 AM
This looks like a decent season. I was glad that Jolanda got voted out at the first tribal council and that the young gun the that singing lady weren't choosen for teams.

dr_evazan22
02-22-2005, 01:11 AM
I ahd forgotten this was on and missed the first half. People weren't picked for teams and were booted? From what I saw I'm glad that Jolanda got voted off. Her personality was way too "strong" (read that as *****y). I think we can do without the theatrics.

I thought that was a good strategy the winning team had to win, but almost LOL'd when they lost it in the water. And the team witht the young bucks really need to get together and work as a team.

hango fett
02-22-2005, 09:29 AM
yes, they do, evanzan22. they sucked! i also agree with all of the people saying that the singing girl got out of there....couldn't stand it from the get go. i hope that angie doesn't get secluded just becasue of the way she looks. that's wrong to do and shouldn't be done.
HF

Hellboy
03-01-2005, 05:18 PM
I like that Tall kid with the glasses who was one of the 2 that started picking teams, I think his name is Ian. He didn't seem to fare to well on that obsatcle course last week though.

I think they need to do something to spice up this series a bit. If I was Mark Burnett I'd put some people on the island with the sole job of trying to freak the teams out. Make noises in the jungle, maybe make someone up to look like a zombie or something frightening and have them walk by the camp and proceed to disappear into the jungle. That would be must see tv IMO.

Turbowars
03-01-2005, 07:13 PM
Yeah it would be nice to see some major change ups. As long as they don't try another All Star I think the show will be fine.

So far I don't care for anyone on the show but the freaky chick. It's to bad she does have a skirt to cover up her bottom region. It kind of bothers me to look. lol She kicked butt the other night and showed she wasn't a slacker like everyone thought she was.

You know that gay guy that said all the crap about being happy to have her on the show because they are 2 of the same, kind of out casts because shes a freak and he's gay. Well what was that crap about him not picking her when they were making teams. I bet she can't wait to to get back at him. Obviously he finds her to be a threat.

DarthQuack
03-04-2005, 10:13 AM
Another decent episode last night. Looks mostly one sided so far. But I'm pulling for that team anyway :)

Turbowars
03-04-2005, 03:53 PM
They really should have drop kicked Kim out. I love how everyone was like "Oh no we want you to stay Jeff" and then his girlfriend even votes him out, LOL.

OC47150
03-24-2005, 10:53 AM
This season is memorable for the fact that Ulong has gone to tribal council more times in a row than any other -- 6!

I hated to see Angie go. If it weren't for her and Stephanie, Ulong would be in bigger trouble.

Hellboy
03-24-2005, 04:22 PM
You know the past few episodes of this show have probably been 2 of the best I've seen in years. Especially last week, when the winning tribe was able to grant one of the opposing tribe members immunity. It brought back the unpredictability factor to the show, which IMO, was a big part of the reason I'd been feeling Survivor was getting a bit stale.

I don't want to come off sounding sexist or anything but up until this season I've never been able to rally behind any female contestant. Probably because they seem to create most of the unnecessry drama around the camp and bring morals into the game more than the men, but that isn't the case this season. I really like Stephanie and am pulling for her to win it all. Finally someone who isn't afraid to play the game to win and can back up her words with strong actions. Hopefully when the tribes merge she isn't perceived as being a major threat and can hang around long enough for some of the opposing tribe members to get voted off.

OC47150
03-25-2005, 07:09 AM
Stephanie is one, if not THE, strongest female player in Survivor. I'm being sexist either, but past female Survivor winners (Tina, Vee, Jenna and definitely Amber!) weren't strong or conniving; they got by on luck and riding people's coattails and having others do their dirty work.

I would've liked to have seen Angie make it to the merge.

dr_evazan22
03-25-2005, 08:18 AM
I liked Angie too. The one thign I wasn't crazy about though was her little tiny swimsuit she wore. I'm sure she keeps herself well groomed, but I wouldn't want to picture that mess after being on the island for 38 days or so.

I'm glad Ibrehim was granted immunity last week. I really wasn't crazy with the way his tribe picked on him. Did any of you guys mind the shows portrayal of his religious beliefs (praying)? I thought it was refreshing. I respect the fact that he has his beliefs, and the stregth of them. And also of the fact that he's not pushing some religious agenda on the other palyers (as far as we've been shown). ... I would've voted for James, and I'm glad he got it this week.

OC47150
03-25-2005, 08:28 AM
Those weren't swimsuit bottoms, Doc. Those were undies. I read an interview with Angie where she had a nice swimsuit but it was with their luggage and game wear, which they never received. Remember, they abandoned ship in their street clothes.

Several of the guys are just wearing their briefs and boxers. James was wearing Tommy undies a few weeks ago. (He wouldn't make it as a Tommy model, either.)

Apparently, several of the other ladies wore thongs, according to Angie, and you can't show something like that during the family TV hour.

dr_evazan22
03-25-2005, 08:35 AM
Ah.... I missed the first show, so didn't know this, or why 2 people left during the 1st show. I guess that also explains why James was wearing that dress.

BTW - I liked how Koror went right thru the 'impenetrable' knots and such to win that last immunity.

OC47150
03-25-2005, 08:41 AM
Ashley, the young lady kicked off several weeks ago, looked like she layered her clothes. Had a sweater and maybe a long-sleeved shirt too. One of the more better prepared people.

I've read where they do have game clothes but the clothes haven't been distributed to date.

To beat up on James a little more...
James served two years in the Navy but can't tie a knot. He knows firearms but can't hit a target. He's done contractor work but can't build a decent lean-to bathroom.

And Coby kicked his butt in the pugil-type challenge!

I don't think James can show his face around the old steel mill!

OC47150
04-06-2005, 10:39 AM
Has anyone else thought that there's a chance of no merger this season? We're at or past the halfway mark.

Hellboy
04-06-2005, 02:39 PM
I hope there isn't a merge because the remaining Ulong (sp?) tribe members wouldn't stand a chance and would be picked off one at a time making for some pretty boring television IMO. I have a feeling Stephanie, Bobby John and Ibrahiem are going to go on a run since they're stronger than any 3 members of Koror. Thats assuming that each team is still required to have balanced numbers of competitors during challenges though.

OC47150
04-06-2005, 02:44 PM
You didn't watch last week, did you, Hellboy? Ib's gone. It's juse Steph and Bobby Jon.

I did read earlier that there may not be a merge this season, and there may be two immunity challenges, too.

Hellboy
04-06-2005, 02:50 PM
D'OH!! I guess I missed that, not sure how. Was it on at its normal time? Everthing was a fog before and after MM so I probably just messed up recording it, oh well. :(

El Chuxter
04-06-2005, 03:00 PM
Eh, the people left are so boring, who cares?

OC47150
04-06-2005, 03:14 PM
Yep, it was back in its regular time slot.

It was actually kinda comical. The teams had to build an SOS signal that could be spotted from the air. Ulong used the remains of that fantastic commode James built.

Mandalorian Candidat
04-08-2005, 08:05 PM
I'm surprised they had Stephanie go off by herself. I thought maybe the producers would have her join up for a brief stint with the other tribe before being ceremoniously voted off.

This season is kind of a yawner. I'd rather watch reruns of the all star seasonl.

Hellboy
04-08-2005, 08:20 PM
I dunno I'm enjoying this season even if it hasn't been competitive between the two tribes. For the record I found the All-Star season to be pretty ho-hum. I liked the idea at first but as the show played out I got pretty sick of seeing most of the returning players.

I think Tom and Ian's idea to have Stephanie become a fourth member in their alliance is a great move. That is if she ever merges with Koror but I can't imagine her staying alone for to long. Either way I'm pulling for her all the way, thats one tuff girl and I really respect how much heart she plays with.

Turbowars
04-08-2005, 09:10 PM
The All Star season was crap. The worst to date.

I think Stephanie is a awesome girl. She has what it take to win the game. Smart, tough and cute. The toughness might get her in trouble though. Hopefully that's when her intelligence comes to play.

dr_evazan22
04-09-2005, 12:43 AM
Besides being tough, Steph has one Kick arse body!

I'm waiting for when the Koror memebers have to start voting each other off. Thiose girls sit there and do nothing! Tom was right that they should use the clean water for drinking and not showering. All the girls seemed to be grumbling, but why not speak up about how they felt?

figrin bran
04-09-2005, 01:42 AM
The All Star season was crap. The worst to date.

I think Stephanie is a awesome girl. She has what it take to win the game. Smart, tough and cute. The toughness might get her in trouble though. Hopefully that's when her intelligence comes to play.

a lot of them sure didn't play like "all stars". when they had the perfect chance to take out amber, did they go for the kill and thereby alter the entire dynamics of the game? no. instead they fell for amber and rob's mind tricks time and time again.

anyhow, count me in as a steph supporter as well! even if she gets voted off in any of the next few episodes, it'll probably because she's so much of a threat.

Hellboy
04-09-2005, 02:41 PM
Tom was right that they should use the clean water for drinking and not showering. All the girls seemed to be grumbling, but why not speak up about how they felt?

Probably because they know Tom is right regardless of how bad they might like a fresh water shower. I think it just goes to show you how dependant they are on the male members who provide for the tribe and how out of touch they are in regards to what is important to the camp. If they had to do even 10% of the work the men do around camp they'd most likely have an entirely different perspective in regards to the fresh water.

OC47150
04-10-2005, 12:19 PM
I'm surprised they had Stephanie go off by herself. I thought maybe the producers would have her join up for a brief stint with the other tribe before being ceremoniously voted off.

This season is kind of a yawner. I'd rather watch reruns of the all star seasonl.

If there was ever a time for a Palau native or a military survival expert to show up and give survival tips to Steph, now is the time.

dr_evazan22
04-15-2005, 01:23 PM
I hate to sound too much like a perv but my admiration fior Stpeh's body continues to ... err... grow. lol She was standing next to Tom at some point and she has the best tan. But, now that there is only 1 tribe i noticed Jen a little bit more, she's pretty hot too. She looks to be a backstabber tho.

Am I the only one that got the impression that Cody wanted to get kicked off last night? Granted, he is a tough physical and mental competitor, but the only threat he posed IMO was his unreliability. Then, after being voted off, he kisses his own rear end. The boy was delusional! Was all that happened with him a result of what happened between him and Tom about the fishing?

Janu was so looking forward to going home. Looking forward to next weeks ep where she seems to flip out. I also want to see the challenge where the first person to bail has to live by themselves.

OC47150
04-15-2005, 01:33 PM
Steph does have a nice tan. She had a set of abs going in, and the abs are more defined now. She's earned her tan by working, compared to the other ladies.

Jen was Koror's pretty girl. Now she has to compete with Steph on more than one level. And Jen's been in the background for several episodes. Early on, she was getting very little camera time.

Coby can only blame himself for getting voted off. He alienated himself with his negative snide comments, and pulling Steph off to the side in front of everyone just put a target smack in the middle of his back.

Janu will be the next to go.

DarthQuack
04-15-2005, 07:47 PM
Cody is just an idiot. He deserved to get voted off the way he acted and talked. How do you think a guy like Rudy from the 1st season lasted so long? He kept his mouth shut. Steph managed to stick around for another episode. I think she can last another episode maybe 2, but if they are smart they would just give her the boot since she is pretty strongly competitive.

dr_evazan22
04-17-2005, 09:58 AM
I hope Steph makes it to the end. The only 3 people who I think deserve a chance of winning (IMO), as of now, are Steph, Tom, and Ian. Cody could have been a contender if he didn't throw a hissy fit and dare them to vote for him.

Turbowars
04-17-2005, 10:44 AM
Tom would be OK if he would just shut the F--- UP! I hate how he talks. He sounds so uneducated. Steph wont make it, theirs too many jealous members left.

Hellboy
04-29-2005, 04:09 PM
Man last nights episode sucked. Katie or Jen should've been kicked off before Steph, they're worthless. If these players had a brain in their heads they would've kept Steph around because she didn't have any real alliances built. The most dangerous threat as I see it are the alliances of either Gregg and Jen or Tom and Ian.

Pesonally I think the tribe made a bad decision not getting rid of Tom when they had the chance. He has already proven he can win just about any challenge whether it be physical or mental. I think Gregg, Jen and Katie will end up forming an alliance soon in an attempt to either kick Tom or Ian off the island next. By sitting on the fence the older gal (sorry can't remember her name) will probably fly under the radar and end up in the final three maybe even winning it all.

dr_evazan22
04-29-2005, 04:33 PM
Damn! I missed both last week and this week. I would like to have seen it.

Turbowars
04-29-2005, 05:49 PM
Well now that Steph is gone there isn't one person there with a brain. I hate Tom, It's really hard for me to listen to his lazy accent. I just know one of the lazy chicks is going to win, it almost happens everytime.

Things need to change. Instead of members voting off the stronge players they should be forced to vote off the morons. There should be a scoring kept on the performance of each member every week. For example, did Tom sleep all day, or did he help get water and fire wood. I think that would change how the game was played. No more free rides for tribe members and you could really resect who wins the $ at the end. The only thing is who would keep score? That's where the problem would start.

OC47150
05-02-2005, 07:09 AM
I'm surprised some of the women have managed to have gotten this far. If it weren't for the guys carrying the tribe and consistly winning, Jenn, Katie and Caryn would've been gone a long time ago.

Hellboy
05-07-2005, 04:32 PM
I'm surprised some of the women have managed to have gotten this far. If it weren't for the guys carrying the tribe and consistly winning, Jenn, Katie and Caryn would've been gone a long time ago.

Agreed, I hope Katie goes next follwed by Jenn. Katie pretty much confirmed that she does nothing and has no real strategy with her comments that she was just planning on sticking with whoever she felt was the most powerful group. After she stabbed Ian in the back during the reward challenge I'm surprised he feels as if he owes her anything. Hopefully Ian will string her along just long enough to get him and Tom into the final 3 since she was planning on doing the same to him while riding the coat tails of Jenn and Gregg.

I think voting Gregg off was one of the best moments so far this season. Tom and Ian are really starting to play the game now and Caryn's performance was ideed great so I've got to give her some gamesmanship points for that, Gregg never saw it coming. :sur:

Now that Steph is out I'm pulling for Ian to win it. Heck I'd probably be fine with just about anybody other than Katie and Jenn at this point.

Mandalorian Candidat
05-08-2005, 02:27 AM
Agreed, I hope Katie goes next follwed by Jenn. Katie pretty much confirmed that she does nothing and has no real strategy with her comments that she was just planning on sticking with whoever she felt was the most powerful group. After she stabbed Ian in the back during the reward challenge I'm surprised he feels as if he owes her anything. Hopefully Ian will string her along just long enough to get him and Tom into the final 3 since she was planning on doing the same to him while riding the coat tails of Jenn and Gregg.

I think voting Gregg off was one of the best moments so far this season. Tom and Ian are really starting to play the game now and Caryn's performance was ideed great so I've got to give her some gamesmanship points for that, Gregg never saw it coming. :sur:

Now that Steph is out I'm pulling for Ian to win it. Heck I'd probably be fine with just about anybody other than Katie and Jenn at this point.

I'm in total agreement with you. They had to get rid of Gregg and not just because his was plotting against Ian, Tom, and Caryn (although they didn't know that for sure) but because he had his Rob/Amber alliance with Jenn going. They've pretty much broken that up. I think Ian's dumb for going over the top with Katie on his promises. Sure he'd probably win in the final 2, but the others would want to vote her off and if he goes out on a limb for her he'll get it in the end. The show's ending will be good. I'm hoping for Tom and Ian in the end cause they're both good guys and weren't lazy jerkoffs like Romber.

OC47150
05-09-2005, 06:44 AM
The look on Jenn's face when the votes were read was priceless.

dr_evazan22
05-09-2005, 07:07 AM
The look on Jenn's face when the votes were read was priceless.

Yes it was!

I thought that was an excellent episode! Ian showed great insight into what was going on there with katie and the other 2. I'm looking forward to next weeks show where Jenn confronts Katie about the vote (if she does). Katie should be the next to go though.

Hellboy
05-15-2005, 01:26 PM
Well the finale is tonight, any predictions?

My money is on Ian.

Turbowars
05-15-2005, 01:29 PM
Well the finale is tonight, any predictions?

My money is on Ian.Hell who knows. These members are morons. I want to know why when there was 3 girls they didn't vote off one of the guys? Just plan old stupid. I think it will be the weakest out of the bunch. For some reason the strong pick at eachother and leave the weak to win. I'd really like to see a rule that says they have to vote the weak off 1st.

OC47150
05-16-2005, 06:54 AM
Did you notice as if a burden had lifted off Ian when he made his deal at the final immunity challenge?

Ian's a good kid, but he talked too much and it caught up with him.

Tom was a deserving winner, moreso than some past winners.

dr_evazan22
05-16-2005, 08:11 AM
I agree that Tom was a worthy winner. I also agree with just about everything that was said about Katie. I would still have liked to have seen some of the girls call her out at the final council about how she was trying to stab Ian in the back.

Jayspawn
05-16-2005, 09:58 AM
Tom was the best choice for the winner. He really worked his tail off for it.

OC47150
05-16-2005, 10:06 AM
I agree that Tom was a worthy winner. I also agree with just about everything that was said about Katie. I would still have liked to have seen some of the girls call her out at the final council about how she was trying to stab Ian in the back.

Katie would've bled to death on Palau if that happened. She didn't wain anyone over with her attitude.

Little disappointed about the next location. I know there's been talk about a season in Canada (British Columbia or some other province). CBS would have to film it now because the weather's good.

Mandalorian Candidat
05-17-2005, 11:55 AM
Little disappointed about the next location. I know there's been talk about a season in Canada (British Columbia or some other province). CBS would have to film it now because the weather's good.

Screw that. Have them do it when it's cold as a witch's teat. I've been wanting a total departure from the typical format for a while. They should do one in Siberia in the middle of winter. Every one has been somewhere sort of tropical except for Africa. At least the next one's not on another Pacific island.

OC47150
05-17-2005, 11:59 AM
Your post made my very lousy day, MC. Thanks!

CBS could always put the Survivors in the middle of NYC with no money and have them survive!

Mandalorian Candidat
05-17-2005, 12:08 PM
Your post made my very lousy day, MC. Thanks!

CBS could always put the Survivors in the middle of NYC with no money and have them survive!

We aim to please!
:D

How about a Subway Survivor where they have to live with the crazies in subterranean New York?

dr_evazan22
05-17-2005, 08:26 PM
I didn't see where the next one is... Would someone (try) to clue me in?

Turbowars
05-17-2005, 09:22 PM
Guatemala, the destination of my dreams.:rolleyes:

darko666
05-17-2005, 09:54 PM
Tom was a deserving winner, moreso than some past winners.

Tom actually lives one town over from where i live. they held a big party in the park for him. they had a huge screen set up that broadcasted the finale. when he was announced the winner, everyone went crazy. his house was covered in toliet paper.

Mandalorian Candidat
05-18-2005, 09:17 AM
Guatemala, the destination of my dreams.:rolleyes:

But the gimmick is that the survivors are supposed to live in some Mayan ruins.