PDA

View Full Version : Nice new carded and loose shots

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-18-2005, 07:22 PM
But we've seen all of these before.

http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/templates/full_article_template_1.asp?articleid=3974&zoneid=2

Just to get a better look of some of the upcoming figures. :) I wonder why they keep showing Grievous with red sabers when he doesn't use any?

General_Grievous
02-18-2005, 11:17 PM
Dunno about the Grievous thing. Who knows?? Maybe they just added them in to show that he's an evil character and they won't be in the final product.

Sidious looks less lame than I originally thought he was going to be, but still, Hasbro could've done a better job.

Bail Organa looks like he's farting.

The SBD is one that should NOT belong in there, as it's just a rehash of the 2002 SBD.

Fluke Skywalker
02-18-2005, 11:47 PM
I was wondering about GG's red sabers too. I don't think he has them in the movie, unless Sids/Dooku gives him a set ala Asajj Ventress.

Bail sort of has that 'To be or not to be' pose, but looks OK. Sids looks a bit like Elton John playing the piano. Nice likeness of Christopher Lee.

Joshkj
02-19-2005, 01:38 AM
No bail looks more like he is fartine lol. Im really exited for these, I just envy people who are finding them now.

DarthQuack
02-19-2005, 11:55 AM
I can wait to get all of these, it's not like they are going anywhere yet. :)

Slicker
02-19-2005, 05:27 PM
I can wait to get all of these, it's not like they are going anywhere yet. :)True that. Seeing as a couple of months back I saw an Episode I figure still on the pegs.

These figures are looking good but I don't want to get my hopes up to high only to be let down by shabby product. The Preview wave was great so I'm hoping that they all look at least that good.

Slicker
02-23-2005, 06:52 AM
Here's some new pics from GH. The action features on these are very spoilerific. And the little write up kinda explains how Palpy gets to look all pruney and such. Link (http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/templates/full_article_template_1.asp?articleid=3998&zoneid=2)

Kidhuman
02-23-2005, 08:56 AM
Those two look good. I like the write up as well. Grievous looks really good. I like the fact that the cape engulfs him on this one

DarthQuack
02-23-2005, 10:23 AM
Why does Palpatine have a blue lightsaber though.....

Slicker
02-23-2005, 01:33 PM
Why does Palpatine have a blue lightsaber though.....Good question. I went and looked at the picture again and I though that it looked like Ani's saber that is given to Luke in ANH. Anyone else see that?

Sith Lord 0498
02-23-2005, 05:14 PM
It's probably just a production mock-up for display purposes only. What I'm more curious about is why there are two different heads in the pics. Does it come with interchangeable heads?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-23-2005, 05:37 PM
It's probably just a production mock-up for display purposes only. What I'm more curious about is why there are two different heads in the pics. Does it come with interchangeable heads?
I bet he comes with two heads. Because it says on the card that his face gets messed up during a fight, so I bet it is included on the figure. I also bet that he uses Anakin's saber for a minute because Anakin is his bodyguard in ROTS and likely nearby.

I wonder how the exploding body deal works, both on the figure and in the film . . .

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-23-2005, 05:49 PM
http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/templates/full_article_template_1.asp?articleid=3997&zoneid=2

These new clones look great!

Turbowars
02-23-2005, 08:13 PM
Your not kidding John!! That Clone Commander is killer http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/templates/full_article_template_1.asp?articleid=3997&zoneid=2

He's going to be a hard one to get ahold of. The pilot might be to due to the fact that we all need 3 each for our ARC-170's.

Joshkj
02-23-2005, 08:15 PM
how many usaly come out first(im going to MM)

DarthQuack
02-23-2005, 08:47 PM
For figures I assume you are referring to, I would guess between 24-32 figures during MM.

General_Grievous
02-24-2005, 01:37 AM
Actually, it might be just 24 figures this time around. I think there was a mistake at Hasbro last time, which was why the Count Dooku wave leaked early. I hope that there won't be any leaks again, because it could result in some hard-to-find figures. It took me forever to find Dooku back in '02.

garbognar
02-24-2005, 03:16 AM
I was lucky enough to have gotten all the Dooku-yoda wave back on the release date 02. I was told by the toy dept. manager that the reason they got the newer waves is because they ordered their cases much later than any other store. I guess laziness paid off there :)

I am really looking forward to the clones! I haven't been so excited about army building since ... well... EVER! I've never been into ggetting multiples of figures, but all the clone stuff for this movie is too cool to pass up. I have already been fantacizing about a whole squad of clones filling a gunship, and now that ive seen the awesome commander I can hardly wait!

I did mess up looking at the palpy and grievous. I have been trying to avoid major spoilers, and those are two pretty big ones. I guess better to know before getting the figure. The day before AOTC came out I got the Headless Jango. I opened it and the head fell off, and at first I was ****ed that it broke. Then I saw the magnets, realized that it was supposed to do that, and cursed Hasbro for putting that figure out before the film opened. The one consolation is that like Jango, I Won't know how Palpy and grievous get messed up until may.