PDA

View Full Version : I really avoid spoilers, but could someone answer one question for me...

Droid
02-20-2005, 09:56 AM
I avoid spoilers, I hate them. But I have found out that something I think is really goofy may happen in Episode III and frankly if it is not true I'd rather just know now and stop worrying about it.

What is up with Anakin's eyes in Episode III? Does he have YELLOW EYES? Why would he have YELLOW EYES? I know someone could say it is a symptom of the dark side, but Dooku never had yellow eyes. Luke didn't get a flash of yellow in his eyes on the second Death Star (yet). Does anyone know if this is just an artist representation of Anakin's journey to evil for posters and previews and stuff, or does someone know that Anakin WILL have YELLOW eyes in Episode III.

Please do not provide plot points in answering this question. I'd really just like a simple yes or no on if he will have yellow eyes and why in the world he would have yellow eyes!

I will really hate this is if it true. Sith aren't vampires!

General_Grievous
02-20-2005, 11:16 AM
Yes. He will have yellow eyes, as seen in the trailer. I do not know for sure why (I think we'll find out in Ep3), but it seems to be the same "yellow eyes" evil Sith look that was seen on Darth Maul and Palpatine in ROTJ. I think we'll know for sure on May 19th (or April 2nd, if you plan on reading the novel). :)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-20-2005, 11:41 AM
As he said, both Palpatine and Maul had yellow eyes, but I don't know why Dooku doesn't. Palpatine never had yellow eyes as the Chancellor, and Darth Sidious's eyes are never seen from that hood. Maybe it has something to do with being in touch with the Dark Side at a particular moment?

Droid
02-20-2005, 12:21 PM
I think that is ALL KINDS OF STUPID.

Elliejabbapop
02-20-2005, 02:44 PM
Anakin has yellow eyes because they reflect the lava on Mustafar. This is the official version.

General_Grievous
02-20-2005, 03:07 PM
Um, eyes don't reflect lava like that. And besides, lava is orange/reddish, not yellow.

tagmac
02-20-2005, 07:52 PM
Perhaps Dooku never was turned over to the Dark Side, but was a double agent all along.

General_Grievous
02-20-2005, 09:53 PM
Perhaps Dooku wasn't completely engulfed in the Dark Side. Palpatine certainly was, and Anakin was as well, up until ROTJ.

Elliejabbapop
02-21-2005, 06:49 AM
Um, eyes don't reflect lava like that. And besides, lava is orange/reddish, not yellow.

You know??? How funny, I never thought I'd meet someone who's been so close to lava. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

General_Grievous
02-21-2005, 01:48 PM
Well, it's not like I've been close to lava, but no object anywhere can be totally reflected in someone's eyes.

Slicker
02-21-2005, 02:44 PM
I'll stop the argument right here and answer the question. Why does Anakin have yellow eyes? It's because the wizards at ILM digitally inserted the yellow into his eye for purposes as yet unexplained.:p

Droid
02-21-2005, 02:45 PM
Perhaps Dooku never was turned over to the Dark Side, but was a double agent all along.

He cut off Anakin's arm!

Elliejabbapop
02-21-2005, 02:48 PM
Well, it's not like I've been close to lava, but no object anywhere can be totally reflected in someone's eyes.

(Sic!)..... I was being ironic.

General_Grievous
02-21-2005, 11:46 PM
Yeah, I know...I was being a bit of a smart@$$. I apologize. :)

tagmac
02-22-2005, 12:08 AM
He cut off Anakin's arm!

Doesn't really mean anything when you consider he'd have to prove his loyalty to Sidious by offing Anakin and Obi-Wan regardless. My theory is, while not completely "good," Dooku never truly embraced the dark side the way Sidious, Maul, and Anakin did.

Of course, the real world explanation is that Lucas was just too lazy to change the color of Dooku's eyes in post-production. ;)