PDA

View Full Version : My girlfriend has a Star Wars last name....

General_Grievous
02-20-2005, 11:21 PM
It just hit me now that my girlfriend's last name is the same as Padme's handmaiden in AOTC: Dorme. I must be really slow to just have noticed now, as we've been dating for two months, but it's pronounced differently (Dor-mee instead of Dor-may) so it's a common mistake. But it's funny that it's spelled exactly the same. Hey, at least it's not a name like Weequay or Ree-Yees. :D

Bel-Cam Jos
02-21-2005, 11:30 AM
I've had two students in my classes as a teacher whose names were Leah, but one pronounced it the C-3PO way as "lee-ah," with the other as "lay-ah." One of my relatives was named Hans, and I used to call him "Hans Olo" when I was a snotty little kid who thought he was the funniest thing since sliced milk. :confused:

And I once knew a guy whose name was Mith'raw'nuruodo, but we just called him "Mith'raw'nuruod" for short. :p :rolleyes:

InsaneJediGirl
02-24-2005, 10:29 AM
Have you mentioned it to her?I doubt your girlfriend would find it as...enlightening as us :D

2-1B
02-26-2005, 12:52 AM
mabudon's real last name is Dengar.

I know this for a fact because one time I had to mail him something and that was his last name. I won't divulge his first name out of respect for his privacy.

I'll just call him Lanny D. and leave it at that.

sith_killer_99
02-26-2005, 10:21 AM
My wife's last name was Wartman. Pronounced just like it looks "wart man".

Now you know why she was willing to marry a Breckheimer. lol

My brother's name is Christopher Lee Krueger. No relation to Freddy. :rolleyes:

General_Grievous
02-26-2005, 05:00 PM
Have you mentioned it to her?I doubt your girlfriend would find it as...enlightening as us :D

No, I haven't mentioned it to her, but I'm not sure if she's even seen Star Wars...:eek: