PDA

View Full Version : Robot Chicken (merged)

General_Grievous
02-21-2005, 02:00 PM
Anybody watch this show on Adult Swim? It's a comedy show made completely from action figures that pokes fun at pop culture. Plus, some of the staff of the magazine "Toyfare" wrote and directed the show, along with Family Guy's Seth Green. Some of the stuff they featured in the pilot episode were mock-TV bloopers (such as Captain Kirk getting a sliding door slammed into his crotch on "Star Trek":D ) and a Transformers skit, among others.

Overall, I thought it was pretty funny and I can't wait for the next episode Sunday at 11:30.

Slicker
02-21-2005, 02:38 PM
The staff of Toyfare? Seth Green from Family Guy? This should be pretty good. I'm assuming it's a brand new show so I may just have to check it out on Sunday. Thanks for the heads up.

Adam
02-21-2005, 02:51 PM
I think you're messing up your Seth's. :D Seth Mcfarlen is the Family Guy Seth. Yes, Green does voice work in Family Guy, but that's it. These roles are reversed in Robot Chicken: Green created and produced, while Mcfarlen does voice work.

Optimus Prime: Prostate Cancer Spokesman!

Slicker
02-21-2005, 03:07 PM
I always get those two mixed up. Thanks for making me look like an @$$ in front of my peers.;)

Rocketboy
02-21-2005, 09:22 PM
I always get those two mixed up. Thanks for making me look like an @$$ in front of my peers.;)Like that was hard...;)

The show was pretty funny. When I first saw Seth Green talking about it on Conan a week or so ago (and they showed a clip), I immediately thought of Toyfare.

General_Grievous
02-21-2005, 11:41 PM
It's like Toyfare the tv show.

Now if only they can include a weekly skit with Mego Spidey.....:p

CaptainSolo1138
02-22-2005, 10:37 AM
Now if only they can include a weekly skit with Mego Spidey.....:p
And Hulk taking a dump in/on something. Definetly want to check this out. It's on a bit late for me (German class at 9:00 a.m Monday :rolleyes: ), but I think I can make an exception.

Rocketboy
02-22-2005, 10:42 AM
Now if only they can include a weekly skit with Mego Spidey.....:pOr a drunk Iron Man or the hilariously blind Daredevil.

Definetly want to check this out. It's on a bit late for me (German class at 9:00 a.m Monday :rolleyes: ), but I think I can make an exception. It's oniy 15 minutes anyway.

CaptainSolo1138
02-22-2005, 10:54 AM
It's oniy 15 minutes anyway.
Actually, it's only 3 minutes. I'm just too lazy to get out of bed in the morning :D. And in keeping with themes that should be included, how about "Uncle" Ben Grimm coming over to "visit" Sue Richards.

Rocketboy
02-22-2005, 10:59 AM
Actually, it's only 3 minutes. I'm just too lazy to get out of bed in the morning :D. The show is 15 minutes... :rolleyes:

:D :D :D

CaptainSolo1138
02-22-2005, 11:18 AM
The show is 15 minutes... :rolleyes:

:D :D :D
DERF! I thought you were talking about my (now snow laden) trek to class. Don't I feel like a fool. Now I know I can definately take time out to watch it!!

Adam
02-22-2005, 02:09 PM
It repeats on Thursday nights, check it out then!

JediTricks
02-22-2005, 03:54 PM
Great show, very entertaining even if it was only 11 minutes long. One thing it got right that ToyFare's TMT hasn't had in a while is pacing, it kept up a good pace and switched to something else when it started to get old. Between the arduous task of filming in stop motion animation and the dozens of companies who aren't going to be happy with their licensed products used on TV in this manner, I suspect this show won't have many eps.

Bacta Beast
02-22-2005, 06:14 PM
THIS SHOW IS FRICKIN' HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Optimus prime with cancer, the Bo & Luke bloopers!!! I WANT MORE!!!!!!!!!!!

"Pretty much the worst video ever made" :stupid:

I LOVE IT, WHY DID IT TAKE SO LONG TO GET HERE!?!?! lol :crazed: :silly:

DarthQuack
02-22-2005, 06:17 PM
I totally forgot to DVR this last week, I'll have to catch the encore.

Val Da Car
02-23-2005, 11:55 AM
I caught up with RC during Optimus explaining to the Dr about the "Burns when I pee" portion of the show.

I LOVED it....Toyfare the show doesn't have the Ring that Robot Chicken does...plus it sounds more Anime-ish anyway.

Slicker
02-23-2005, 12:47 PM
"Pretty much the worst video ever made" :stupid: *In my best Kip voice* "Like anyone could ever know that Bacta":D

I haven't picked up an issue of Toyfare in months. I had nearly every issue since they started releasing it monthly but it just hasn't had the same humor and one liners that it used to.

Khoo ha khoo ha could someone please pass the jelly?

General_Grievous
03-06-2005, 01:48 PM
It appears we've all forgot to post about last weeks episode. It was good, but not as good as the first episode. My personal favorite was the Walt Disney robot spider one. "ELIAN! ELLIIIIAAAANNN!" I watched the end of that skit and thought, "So that's what happened to Elian Gonzales!" :D

Anyway, new episode tonight. Be sure to watch. :)

Kidhuman
03-06-2005, 02:41 PM
Voltron getting served was hilarious...Disney made me almost wet myself....funny show

bobafrett
03-06-2005, 05:49 PM
I'm liking this show, just quick clips, some so fast, I had to watch it again! It's on again tonight in my area. I loved the Cylons falling, falling apart, it reminded me of when I tripped over a coffee table at CII in my Stormtrooper armor while paradeing through the convention center.

General_Grievous
03-06-2005, 05:58 PM
I just hope that tonight's episode will feature the "Kill Bill" parody starring Jesus. I read about it in Toyfare and it sounded hilarious. And yes, I have to agree with KH, Voltron getting served was really great also. :D

General_Grievous
03-06-2005, 10:58 PM
Holy crap! The new episode featured the voices of Burt Reynolds and Dom DeLuise! "You've won this gift basket from Omaha Steaks and a $50 Gift Certificate to Best Buy!" "BEST BUY! WOOF WOOF WOOF!" :D

CaptainSolo1138
03-07-2005, 07:05 AM
That was the first episode I've watched am I'm sold! I can only imagine what was blurred out in the basket. :sur:

bobafrett
03-07-2005, 08:24 PM
The headless Ponch, I love it!

JediTricks
03-07-2005, 09:21 PM
I think the item blurred out in the basket was just an unusable copyright label, like "Campbell's Soup" or something.

Last night's ep was better than the previous, but still there were too many fast clips that didn't really have enough funny going on IMO. The race at the end was hilarious but very TMT, the kids' claymation class project was annoying and silly but it was supposed to be, Santa ringing the bell and then yelling "bring out your dead" was a good one, and the pawn not fighting for what he didn't believe in was cute too. Unfortunately, it seemed like they spent so much time on the other little pieces that they got a little lackluster in the main parts and resorted to the overused "characters mooning and dying and being dirty little arrogant Megos".

At least it was better than that new Sealab, I miss when Sealab used to be funny, now they're just out of ideas and ripping on the ATHF style of junk-food comedy.

General_Grievous
03-08-2005, 05:53 PM
Which is something that ATHF is awesome at, though. But no Sealab episode will ever be as great as the "Bizarro" one.

Back on topic, I also think that some of the clips went by too fast. The Santa "Bring out your dead" thing was pretty funny. The "That '00s Show" parody could have been funnier if it was just about two minutes longer. Another thing that had me laughing was the "Noah's Ark" skit.

Male mermaid:"We're mermaids! We can swim and breathe under water! And we can mate!"
(Dragon bites female mermaid's head off)
Dragon: "Hope you can reproduce a-sexually, a**hole!"

and this one had me chuckling like crazy:

Noah: "God doesn't like freaks."
Giraffe: "That doesn't sound like God!"
Noah: (mocking giraffe in a high pitched voice) "That doesn't sound like God!"

:D

JediTricks
03-08-2005, 09:48 PM
I believe Noah said that "God doesn't like freaks". I thought it could have been a good setup for Noah saying that giraffes are almost freaks themselves, giving the poor giraffe a reason to *gulp* and keep his mouth shut. I had forgotten all about that bit, it was pretty funny even though it had too much of the ToyFare style humor in it.

General_Grievous
03-09-2005, 09:15 AM
Is that what he said? I couldn't remember cause I was laughing so hard. :D

DarthQuack
03-09-2005, 08:19 PM
This show is indeed hilarious. I hope it gets picked up long enough for a DVD to be released. I loved the Ode to the Nut shot last week along with the Noah's Ark segment this week. :)

General_Grievous
03-13-2005, 10:59 PM
Tonight's episode was even better than the last!

Harrison Ford ("Go Han Solo!") and Aerosmith trying to stop a meteor from destroying Earth and failing miserably....with a special guest appearance by Mark Hamill (Not related to Dorothy)!

The Lettuce Head kids were creepy. "Soul! Soul! Soul! (Enter James Brown Lettuce Head Kid) Soooouuuuuulllll!"

But the real gem of the episode was Behind the Music: Electric Mayhem. Nothing short of genius.

Kermit got his legs broken by mobsters!

Zoot was caught with hash in Tokyo!

Janice caught Hepatitis C from Tommy Lee!

and

Animal attacked Ed McMahon and had to be "put down"!

My god, I love this TV show!

bobafrett
03-27-2005, 10:44 PM
tonight episode was halarious with Charlie Brown, and Linus with the great Pumpkin, but they also had the scene where Luke is being confronted by Vader about his being Lukes Father, but then Vader says, "Would you believe the Empire is taken down by Ewoks" or something to that affect. Anyway, I was laughing so hard about that scene. I hope to catch it again later this week.

Ji'dai
03-28-2005, 01:42 AM
Yep, the ESB parody was funny as hell. Mark Hamill was in the credits so I imagine he did Luke's voice. Here is more or less the dialogue of the scene:

Vader: "I am your father."
Luke: "But that's impossible!"
Vader: "And Leia is your sister!"
Luke: "But that's improbable!"
Vader: "And the Empire was taken down by EWOKS!"
Luke: "That's impossi... no improbab... unlikely?!"

-Later-

Vader is sitting flipping through a magazine or script and Luke is casually leaning back on the Bespin gantry. Both are smoking.

Vader: "And when I was a little kid, I BUILT C-3PO!"
Luke: "No way!"
Vader: "And the Force is actually tiny bacteria in your blood."
Luke, throwing his cig down and walking off the set: "Look, if you're not going to take this seriously, I'm leaving."

General_Grievous
03-28-2005, 10:44 AM
That was funny, but I really liked the Peanuts one. I was laughing maniacally when Charlie Brown said, "Meet the Kite-eating tree, you son of a *****."

:D

bobafrett
03-28-2005, 08:46 PM
Yep, the ESB parody was funny as hell. Mark Hamill was in the credits so I imagine he did Luke's voice. Here is more or less the dialogue of the scene:

Vader: "I am your father."
Luke: "But that's impossible!"
Vader: "And Leia is your sister!"
Luke: "But that's improbable!"
Vader: "And the Empire was taken down by EWOKS!"
Luke: "That's impossi... no improbab... unlikely?!"

-Later-

Vader is sitting flipping through a magazine or script and Luke is casually leaning back on the Bespin gantry. Both are smoking.

Vader: "And when I was a little kid, I BUILT C-3PO!"
Luke: "No way!"
Vader: "And the Force is actually tiny bacteria in your blood."
Luke, throwing his cig down and walking off the set: "Look, if you're not going to take this seriously, I'm leaving."

Yes, that was more of the flow, Thank You! I was laughing so hard, like I said, I couldn't remember everything, but the fact that it was a Star Wars parody and lasted more than a few seconds, whew!

JediTricks
03-28-2005, 09:14 PM
What's funny is that I somehow saw that Kite-Eating-Tree twist coming, don't know why really, but I totally expected it. Perhaps I think too much like them.

It was Mark Hamill as Luke, what weirded me out was that his voice from then to now has changed SO much that it wasn't obvious it was him at first (at the end it was blatently obvious though ;)).

I thought Beavis & Butt-head joining the Teen Titans was a cute idea, but they didn't really go anywhere with it (besides tearing apart an MSIA Gundam figure to make Robin's power suit). That was the problem with most of the quickie jokes as well, just had nothing to really say or do, most weren't funny at all.

Turbowars
01-28-2006, 04:00 PM
I think it's on Cartoon network. It's created by Seth Green and has tons of celebrity voice overs. It's stop motion animation and basically all they use are action figures. Transformers, GI Joe, barbie, heck you name it they use it. The funny thing is I haven't seen any SW figures. Lucas probably wont let them. Anyways it's a 15 minute adult show that can make you laugh. Check it out sometime.

Nevermind....

El Chuxter
01-29-2006, 04:02 PM
Every time I've watched, it's been the first episode. Pretty funny stuff, but it'd be nice if I could actually catch another ep.

I for one especially enjoyed the Zombie Idol bit. Okay, Zombie Idol itself was the single dumbest thing on there, but the fact that the self-deprecating Ryan Seacrest on there calling himself a douche was voiced by the real Ryan Seacrest! That's the single coolest thing he's ever done.

I still want to kick him in the groin and run over him with a bulldozer, though.

Rocketboy
01-29-2006, 10:04 PM
Robot Chicken Volume 1 (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000E0OE3K/comingsoon/104-5554394-8186327) - March 28.

Rogue II
01-30-2006, 09:43 AM
Robot Chicken Volume 1 (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000E0OE3K/comingsoon/104-5554394-8186327) - March 28.

After watching it last night, I was wondering if it was out on DVD yet. Thanks.:thumbsup:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-28-2006, 12:00 PM
picked it up today at wal-mart and had them match Target's price of 16.99. We only got in 5 copies (at work, WM), so go get'em!! :crazed: