PDA

View Full Version : NEW Master Replicas Thread

Jayspawn
02-22-2005, 08:12 PM
Since our old Master Replicas Thread disapeared, I'm re-launching a NEW thread to talk about anything Master Replicas related.

To start off, Toy Fair Ney York! Some awesome pictures provided by the collecting websites show us some great props on the way from MR! Looks like we're getting.....

- Obi-Wan Kenobi Lightsaber LE Revenge of the Sith
- Anakin Skywalker Lightsaber LE Revenge of the Sith
- Master Yoda Lightsaber LE Revenge of the Sith
- Han Solo Blaster LE The Empire Strikes Back
- Darth Vader Lightsaber LE Revenge of the Sith
- Emperor Palpatine Lightsaber LE Revenge of the Sith
- Studio Scale AT-AT Walker II The Empire Strikes Back
- Clone Trooper Helmet Revenge of the Sith
- Darth Vader Helmet Revenge of the Sith
- Lightsaber Scales Series! Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker, Master Yoda, Darth Vader, Count Dooku and Darth Sidious.

Did I miss any? What does everybody think???

Bobbyg714
02-22-2005, 08:44 PM
I like the palpatine saber the best. I am also interested in the Vader helmet. Since I have the first AT-AT I am kind of mad they already made a second. I also wonder looking at the new site what they mean by retooling the collecters society.

Chimera
02-23-2005, 12:34 PM
I love the Han blaster and will get that plus all of the scaled series. Not digging the Palpatine saber too much, I don't know if it's just me but it just doesn't look like a lightsaber. I guess the Mace didn't either initially but that grew on me so maybe the Palpy will too. Also I can't see any difference between the Dooku scaled AOTC and ROTS models...

Jayspawn
02-23-2005, 01:36 PM
I love the Han Blaster also and have that on order. The Palpatine Lightsaber looks neat but its new so I'll have to grow on me also. I like the Darth Vader Helmet and want one -but it seems a little small though. Maybe its me but his helmet is pretty big.

I want to order the Yoda Lightsaber but cant understand the justification in ordering one. Just seems wrong that MR is charging more for it this time around.

Jayspawn
03-03-2005, 09:15 AM
I've heard it through the grapevine that the Clonetrooper Helmets will be going for some $350 (not bad) and the Vader Helmet for around $900! Ouch! I was hoping for something around the $350 range! I'm assuming that both helmets will be made of fiberglass.

dgauci5
03-03-2005, 11:21 PM
I've heard it through the grapevine that the Clonetrooper Helmets will be going for some $350 (not bad) and the Vader Helmet for around $900! Ouch! I was hoping for something around the $350 range! I'm assuming that both helmets will be made of fiberglass.

The price difference with the Vader helmet is that it is a studio scale model. It is an exact replica of what Hayden Christensen wears in the film down to the last detail inside and out.

Jayspawn
03-03-2005, 11:29 PM
I know that -but then so should the Clonetrooper Helmet even though I'm sure they are all CG again. It should be sudio scale as well.

dgauci5
03-04-2005, 09:36 AM
The Clonetrooper helmet will be "studio scale" in that it is life size, but it is not listed as a "Studio Scale Model" like the ROTS Vader helmet is. The Clonetrooper helmet is based off a CG model.

The Vader helmet is a Model in that it exactly duplicates every detail of the physical original both inside and out, the Clonetrooper helmet is an exact representation of the CGI exterior. That was the distinction made when MR explained the price difference and why one is classified as a Studio Scale Model while the other is just part of the new Helmet line.

Jayspawn
03-14-2005, 09:09 AM
Did anybody happen to catch a release date/time for the Sidious/Palpatine and Vader ROTS Lightsabers? I'm assuming its after the movie is released.

dgauci5
03-14-2005, 10:11 PM
Q3 Sidious Saber LE
Q4 Vader Saber E3 LE

Jayspawn
03-16-2005, 09:22 AM
Sounds great! The 1st releases have all funds tied up!

I thought I saw Master Replicas name on the vendor list for Celebration III. I wonder if they'l have an exclusive (since I happen to be going this time).

Jayspawn
03-25-2005, 09:26 AM
Not many changes on the MR website, Han Solo Blaster pushed back till May.

jinxer
03-28-2005, 07:43 PM
Does anyone out there know if Sir Steve is going to review the newer MR FFX light sabres that only use 3 AA batteries? Questions like how does the battery life compare with the 6 AA versions? Does it have the same sensors and sounds? How much does it weigh? Is it as durable, now that it is apparently thinner?

Given that MR doesn't advertise the technical performance of the sabre makes me wonder if they are hiding something... buyer beware, etc... ;)

JediTricks
03-28-2005, 09:34 PM
I believe Steve will do a review, and I'll probably do a review of one depending on what's being offered.

jinxer
03-29-2005, 05:38 PM
That would be most excellent! I can hardly wait!

JayMiles
03-30-2005, 03:56 PM
Hey everyone ~

by way of introduction, I'm the new guerilla marketing coordinator here at MR. What the hockey sticks is that? Um, they pay me to do fun stuff...

...starting with C3: be on the lookout for several special performances currently rehearsing for a world premiere in Indy. We are also planning numerous street marketing efforts for the ROTS premiere.

Know about any good cinemas in the following towns: NYC, LA, SF, Chi, Miami, Orlando, New Orleans, Atlanta, Minneapolis, Boston, DC, Denver, Seattle, Phoenix and Austin/Dallas? Where is the party? Who is in line already? Who has the best seats, sound, popcorn? Let me know!

As for the Collector's Society, we are revamping a bunch of stuff, which I can't talk about yet, partially because I want FEEDBACK from collectors and fans. What do YOU think we should include? Chat? Online costume contests? A collector's rewards program? Threads like these? Let me know...

The new sabers with fewer batteries are just as dope as their predecessors...

We HOPE to have new helmets for display by C3...stop by our booth...

And we aren't hiding any tech secrets. OK, a few. But if we didn't keep SOME things to ourselves, you guys might end up making a saber that puts us out of business!

I look forward to meeting some of you in Indy.

MTFBWY ~ Jay Miles, MR Guerilla Marketing Coordinator

JediTricks
03-31-2005, 06:51 PM
Welcome aboard Jay! :) Sounds like you have a very interesting job at MR, I think I've done a little of it unintentionally with the Mace Windu Force FX saber while checking it out at Suncoast a few months ago. ;)

In LA, the Graumanns Chinese theater (owned by Mann theaters, but recently renamed back to its original title to give it a more historical feel) is THE place to be for Star Wars. Already a line is being planned, over a month-long wait. I was at the theater, though not in the long line, for Eps 1 and 2 and they had to close off the streets on opening day and they had companies giving out stuff and such while the news stations cast their eye on the crowd. A lesser-known but still very popular Star Wars theater is the Mann Westwood (also known as the Fox Theater) in the heart of the Westwood Village area at the foot of UCLA, it's the theater where the OT Special Editions did their Hollywood-style premiere and it usually has Star Wars lines lasting over a week in advance. My personal favorite is the Vista theater in Los Feliz (the village east of Hollywood, at the intersection of Hollywood and Sunset blvds), it's an independent theater that had Eps 1 and 2, it's another historical theater and they took out every other row to give 7 feet of open legroom, it has a fantastic digital sound system and great decor, it was the only theater in the Hollywood area to be contracted by Lucasfilm to play Ep 1 (the Chinese wouldn't agree to Lucas' terms, and he demanded that only 1 theater per area play the film so he gave the contract to the Vista, then found out about the line waiting at the Chinese and gave them a special shortened-run contract).

I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants more details on the new Force FX sabers, I literally cannot wait to check one out, that line has been in my absolute favorite SW collectibles - right up there with Revell Mini-Helmets and Galoob Action Fleet - since you guys switched to the LED blades.

And we aren't hiding any tech secrets. OK, a few. But if we didn't keep SOME things to ourselves, you guys might end up making a saber that puts us out of business! True, but only you guys are able to use the actual sounds from the movies' original sound files. :D