PDA

View Full Version : ROTS Exclusive figures

Kidhuman
02-23-2005, 08:52 AM
Thats right, exclusive figures. A Lava Darth VAder and a holo Yoda. Yoda is a TRU excvlusive and Vader a Traget Exclusive. It was on mousedroid.com

Link (http://www.mousedroid.com/)

DarthQuack
02-23-2005, 09:26 AM
Yoda looks pretty sweet, Darth looks a little eh, but I'll be picking up both to increase the line to 58.

hango fett
02-23-2005, 09:27 AM
kewl. hope they look good and that i can find them!
HF

JEDIpartner
02-23-2005, 09:30 AM
The Yoda is a must get... the Vader is awful and looks like a POTF2 recast. I think I'm passing on the Vader. I don't know that it really serves a purpose as I don't think Vader was ever immersed in "lava" at any point in time. *shrug*

Slicker
02-23-2005, 12:39 PM
That's what I thought when I saw the Vader JP. It looks all beefy and buff. Hopefully they just used it as a basis and will switch it out at a later date.

General_Grievous
02-23-2005, 01:30 PM
Yoda I'll be picking up, but Vader can go hang for all I care.

El Chuxter
02-23-2005, 02:06 PM
So, how are these things going to be distributed?

Option 1 is to mix them into cases going to TRU (for Yoda) and Target (for Vader). This would probably be the most equitable way to handle it, since there's no reason they shouldn't cost the same as other ROTS figures. Of course, it means that they'll be a bit difficult to find. :(

Option 2 is to have full cases of one figure. (It can't be two figures because, duh, they're going to different stores.) This means two things, neither of which is good: neither TRU nor Target will charge the same for these as they do for regular ROTS figures, and there will be tons of these things gathering dust pretty soon after the release. A case of Darth Maul will sell (eventually). A case of Clonetroopers would sell (provided Hasbro were to get its head out of its butt and release such a thing). But a case of overpriced clear Yodas? Remember the TPM holo figures at Wal-Mart and how they hung around forever? This could be just as bad, and with no more movies, that could spell the end of exclusives, and possibly even cool collector-oriented figures in general. :(

ronhudy
02-23-2005, 03:39 PM
Yoda - tiny, but cool looking.
Vader - Did someone on the line get airbrush happy?! STUPID.

Slicker
02-23-2005, 03:41 PM
It also looks like Vader is covered in color-changing/chameleon/flip-flop paint (the name of the paint depends on your age bracket:p)

Rocketboy
02-23-2005, 04:43 PM
They both look craptastic, IMO.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-23-2005, 04:44 PM
These look pretty good. Yoda looks awesome (he's a recast from the Chian pack) and Vader is meh (I think he's the Flashback/Silver mold, could be wrong). Hopefully these will be easy to find!

Bacta Beast
02-23-2005, 05:32 PM
I'm definately getting Yoda, but I hope Hasbro realizes before it's to late, how bad that Vader sucks! Not much hope though. :dis:

evenflow
02-23-2005, 05:40 PM
I like them both. I am looking forward to them.

Joshkj
02-23-2005, 05:50 PM
I hate exclusives, they are so frusturating, bleh, but i will be geting these

Tycho
02-23-2005, 05:57 PM
These may be free figures you get when you buy $50 or more of SW or whatever.

Option 3 :D

JetsAndHeels
02-23-2005, 06:11 PM
I'll definately go for the Yoda.
But will avoid the Vader like the plague.

Turbowars
02-23-2005, 07:08 PM
They are 2 cool novelty items that will be welcome in my collection. I do however hate Targets exclusives. They seem to be the hardest to obtain in my part of the woods. Would be cool to get them with the purchase of the new Gunship and ARC-170.

Yoda http://www.mousedroid.com/news/image/truyodacard.jpg

Vader http://www.mousedroid.com/news/image/targetvadercard.jpg

Joshkj
02-23-2005, 07:13 PM
These may be free figures you get when you buy $50 or more of SW or whatever.

Option 3 :D

Where ive nlyy gotten a free lightsaber for 30+ bucks:confused:

DarkArtist
02-23-2005, 07:26 PM
the vader looks like a rehash of the TOY FAIR Vader, or Final Jedi Duel vader. Hasbro should have done a possibly EU/ Unleashed vader concept ???? Maybe a half vader/anakin emerging from the lava pit. Sort of a morph figure. :D

Turbowars
02-23-2005, 07:34 PM
Hasbro should have done a possibly EU/ Unleashed vader concept ???? Maybe a half vader/anakin emerging from the lava pit. Sort of a morph figure. :DYou kidding, Hasbro would have had to put some creativity into one of their exclusives. lol They don't put a dime into these items.

I would have liked to see these as mail aways. BUT NOOOOOO.:ermm:

DarthQuack
02-23-2005, 07:52 PM
I agree with you TB, bring on the mailaways, we haven't had those in so long.

Kyle Katarn
02-23-2005, 08:33 PM
I like 'em both, specialy Yoda...Vader doesn't look like lava stuff...

Joshkj
02-23-2005, 10:29 PM
I say we actually get to use those "jedi points" I just started collecting and the ROTS ones dont have them. But you guys would make a hell of a catch if it was like a 100 points per free figure lol

General_Grievous
02-24-2005, 12:50 AM
The Vader figure also seems to me like a useless Expanded Universe-type figure, kind of like most of the He-Man and Skeletor figures from the He-Man line.

evenflow
02-24-2005, 10:41 AM
I wish companies still did mail away exclsuives. I used to love that as a kid and even when things started back up again in the 90's. Another thing what happened to the fan choice poll, i think we could use anothe ron of those. (Damn movie years!!!!)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-24-2005, 10:57 AM
I wish companies still did mail away exclsuives. I used to love that as a kid and even when things started back up again in the 90's. Another thing what happened to the fan choice poll, i think we could use anothe ron of those. (Damn movie years!!!!)
We had one in 2002, when the McQuarrie Stormtrooper won but didn't come out for another year. So it has nothing to do with being a movie year.

JEDIpartner
02-24-2005, 03:18 PM
Okay... it looks like these will be give-aways when you purchase "X" dollars worth of stuff at the corresponding chain on April 2nd.

Kidhuman
02-24-2005, 03:23 PM
That sucks, I would rather get them at Wal-Mart and save some money. Think I will buy and return after I get the figures.

JEDIpartner
02-24-2005, 03:33 PM
That's not nice.

Slicker
02-24-2005, 03:39 PM
It's not nice but it's a damn good idea. Nice one Beard-a Fett.

It shouldn't be a problem with me spending the money to get these exclusive. The only problem might be in picking out the few things that I may want to open up just to get it.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-24-2005, 03:46 PM
Is this true JP, or did you make it up? I can't imagine Target doing a promotion like this, but TRU has in the past so it could be the case. I wouldn't mind them doing this, but I don't want to do this on 4-2 as I'll be getting my stuff at Wal-Mart.

Joshkj
02-24-2005, 04:10 PM
Me either :P

General_Grievous
02-24-2005, 04:19 PM
I don't see these being released on 4/2. I see these being released in the weeks after that. Even if they are released on 4/2, it works out for me, since I'm going to TRU and that's where Holo Yoda will be.

Kidhuman
02-24-2005, 04:25 PM
That's not nice.

Neither is forcing me to pay a higher price to get something. :beard:

El Chuxter
02-24-2005, 04:38 PM
If that's the case, then we'll definitely find none at the store and have to pay scalpers to get them.

mastermatt24
02-24-2005, 05:49 PM
Neither is forcing me to pay a higher price to get something. :beard:
Yea! Thats a great Idea though, I'll defenitly do that if they dont have stuff I need at the time it is out.

sith_killer_99
02-24-2005, 08:06 PM
I already have the Yoda!

Oh, wait, that's just my EE exclusive Bust-Up Yoda. Hmmm, it sure looks darn close though. :crazed:

Fluke Skywalker
02-24-2005, 10:38 PM
I always get suckered in by these "Exclusive" figures then end up with a figure I wouldn't have bought otherwise.

If they had been Clone Trooper exclusives with different paint applications, that would have been neat. As it stands I think I'll pass on Darth BALCO and the clear Yoda. I say that now, but when I see them in the stores...

Lord Malakite
02-25-2005, 12:43 AM
I'll probably pick these up if I come across them, but I won't go out of my way. Holograph Yoda is cool, then again I always liked the transparent spirit/holo figures a great deal. Lava Vader is a mixed reaction. As a loose figure its meh with its slight translucent orange appearance. On the Episode III package though it looks great. The flame background combined with the orange tranlucency of the figure gives the illusion that his metal armor is being heated up.

JEDIpartner
02-27-2005, 08:24 PM
Is this true JP, or did you make it up?

That's what I had read on a number of other sites that have posted this information.

Slicker
02-28-2005, 02:34 AM
I was thinking earlier that it would be nice if these were perhaps door hand outs at the respective stores on April 2nd. Kinda like the Theater Luke for ROTJ. Wishful thinking but one never knows.