PDA

View Full Version : Recipe for a great AOTC Obi-Wan

General_Grievous
02-23-2005, 03:13 PM
I know many of you are disappointed by the poor quality of the Episode 2 Obi-Wan figures, but I have a solution and I created the perfect Obi-Wan using just parts from existing figures.

First take the robe off of Jedi Starfighter Pilot Obi-Wan, take his lightsaber also.

Then take the Coruscant Outlander Club Obi-Wan. Remove any accesories he has, like the drink he came with.

Then give him the lightsaber. Put it in his right hand, the "mind trick" hand, because it won't fit in the other hand.

Finally, put the robe on him.

And voila! You have an awesome Obi-Wan figure from AOTC that you don't even need to customize or anything! And it sure beats the other Obi-Wans Hasbro released for AOTC.:beard:

tgr3328
02-24-2005, 09:50 AM
I am bothered by the fact that the prequal Obi Wans have been essentially the same witht the exception of the beard that he gained in EPII . Same outfit, just a different stance or action feature. Maybe robe or no robe, but nothing new, really. The only interesting thing they could do with him was include an accessory like the bar section or the assassin droid.

A clone armor Obi Wan would have been really cool and a great selling figure, too!

JEDIpartner
03-31-2005, 01:03 PM
Don't forget... he had different hair in AOTC. :rolleyes:

Devo
06-30-2005, 09:52 PM
I, after countless times passing on coruscant club obers, bought the figure because of this thread and General_Grevous was right, the custom he proposes looks great. And after doing it I became increasingly desperate to find a good combo to create an AOTC obi-wan for the duel with Dooku. I succeeded (and in the process found an excellent dueling pose for ROTS Dooku) and it is as follows:

head from Saga Acklay battle Obi-wan
Everything else including lightsaber from Saga Pilot Obi-wan

The magnet on the left hand is powerful enough to keep it attached to the lightsaber handle for a doublehanded grip. You'll have a pose which looks like it could be either offensive or defensive and you can have Dooku parrying it with his own sabre. Meanwhile the Acklay battle Obi's head looks slightly upwards when combined with this body making his line of sight perfectly matched with the taller ROTS Dooku.

Not being terribly internet proficient I can't show pics but I've got my Obi-wan custom and the ROTS Dooku posed beautifully - Dooku blocking an attack from Obi with his sabre blade parallel to the ground at shoulder height, left arm bend at 90degrees holding the sabre from beneath and an overhand grip with the right arm along the same parallel-to-ground axis as the blade. Both figures staring eachother in the face. Its very cinematic, I recommend anyone tired of waiting for a decent Obi to do this.

mastermatt24
06-30-2005, 10:38 PM
Wasnt there a thread like this already on obi? :confused:

Devo
06-30-2005, 11:52 PM
Wasnt there a thread like this already on obi? :confused:

I don't know but you'll notice I resurrected this one which was started back in February. Having recently come up with my own custom AOTC obi-wan I wanted to share the news and thought it better to search for this thread rather than start a new one.

mastermatt24
07-01-2005, 12:09 AM
Ohhh. Ok- gotcha. But see I did remeber something all the way from feb. I cant remeber what I had for dinner two nights ago though. :crazed: