PDA

View Full Version : If and when they come out with the 30th Anniversary DVDs....

General_Grievous
02-23-2005, 03:17 PM
....what would you like to see included on them? Here's what I'd like to see:

A NEW HOPE
Disc One
-Original 1977 Version of the film
-Vintage Documentary: The Making of Star Wars
-Easter Egg: A Look At the "Star Wars Holiday Special":evil: :D
-Documentary on how George Lucas created Star Wars

Disc Two
- New version of the film with deleted scenes added in, including Anchorhead and Biggs scenes, along with other scenes that were deleted from the movie, a la the Extended Editions of the LOTR movies. Also could fix the Jabba CG model to make it look more realistic.
- Brand New Commentary w/ Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Anthony Daniels, Kenny Baker, James Earl Jones, Peter Mayhew, George Lucas, Producer Gary Kurtz, and John Williams.
-New Deleted Scenes Documentary

THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK
Disc One
-Original 1980 Version of the film
-Vintage Documentary: The Making of The Empire Strikes Back
-Easter Egg: More Trilogy Bloopers
-Documentary on John Williams: Scoring the Classic Trilogy

Disc Two
-New version of the film that adds in scenes that were deleted from the original cut, including more Hoth scenes.
-Brand New Commentary w/ Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Billy Dee Williams, James Earl Jones, Frank Oz, Anthony Daniels, Kenny Baker, Peter Mayhew, George Lucas, Irvin Kershner, Gary Kurtz, and John Williams.

RETURN OF THE JEDI
Disc One
-Original 1983 Version of the film
-Vintage documentary "From Star Wars to Jedi: The Making of a Saga"
-Vintage documentary "Classic Creatures: Return of the Jedi"
-Easter Egg: "Return of the Ewok", Warwick Davis' short film he made while filming ROTJ.

Disc Two
-New version of the film that includes deleted scenes, like the Sandstorm scene and more scenes involving the Royal Guards.
-Brand New Commentary w/ Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Harrison Ford, Billy Dee Williams, James Earl Jones, Warwick Davis, Ian McDiarmid, Anthony Daniels, Kenny Baker, Peter Mayhew, George Lucas, Producer Howard Kazanjian, and John Williams.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know what? I have a feeling that if they ever did something like this, they'd also include the other three movies, so here's what I'd like to see done for them:

THE PHANTOM MENACE
Disc One
-Original 1999 Version of the film with no deleted scenes incorporated into the film.
-1999 Documentary: The Making of Episode 1
-Featurette on the Cast of Episode 1
-Easter Egg: Technical Goofs

Disc Two
-New version of the film that includes all of the scenes that were deleted, plus some new Darth Maul scenes that they shot but weren't included on the first DVD. Also, they could add in a digital Yoda to replace the diarrhea-faced puppet that they used.
-Brand New Commentary w/ Liam Neeson, Ewan McGregor, Natalie Portman, Jake Lloyd, Pernilla August, Ahmed Best, Ian McDiarmid, Ray Park, Anthony Daniels, Kenny Baker, George Lucas, Rick McCallum, and John Williams.

ATTACK OF THE CLONES
Disc One
-Original 2002 Version of the film w/ no deleted scenes incorporated in
-The Making of Attack of the Clones
-Featurette on the cast of Episode 2.
-Easter Egg: Yoda's 2003 MTV Movie Award Speech for Best Fight

Disc Two
-New version of the film that includes all deleted scenes, including ones that weren't on the first DVD, like Plo Koon and Ki-Adi Mundi's attack on the droid control room.
-Brand New Commentary w/ Ewan McGregor, Natalie Portman, Hayden Christensen, Samuel L. Jackson, Ian McDiarmid, Christopher Lee, Temuera Morrison, Anthony Daniels, George Lucas, and Rick McCallum.

REVENGE OF THE SITH
Still too early to tell! :)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

But what would you guys like to see included on any future DVDs?

Turbowars
02-23-2005, 09:03 PM
Man you just came up with the best DVD set ever. Heck I'd be happy with the original films and maybe more deleted scenes and out takes.

Kidhuman
02-23-2005, 09:08 PM
Man you just came up with the best DVD set ever. Heck I'd be happy with the original films and maybe more deleted scenes and out takes.

Ditto. :beard: to you forcoming up with that. Now mail it to Lucas everyday until we get it.

Turbowars
02-23-2005, 09:15 PM
LOL yeah like when Andy sent a letter a day for the Library books in Shawshank Redemption.

General_Grievous
02-24-2005, 12:33 AM
Thanks for the comments, guys. :) I wish I was responsibe for deciding what features would go into the DVDs. Then, I'd truly make Lucasfilm another $20 million (Like they need it :p)

But I forgot to add the icing to the cake, and this could be on all three OT DVDs.

Vintage Toy Commercials

I'd flip if these were ever included on the DVDs.

2-1B
02-24-2005, 01:15 AM
I'm all in favor of CGI-ing the TPM Yoda puppet.

Imperial Monarche
02-27-2005, 06:31 PM
If and when they do release another DVD set, it definitely needs to be a saga set and pretty much just like the way it was described above with the first disc being the original, theatrical versions and the second disc being the revamped versions.

stillakid
02-27-2005, 07:43 PM
I like your list. The only things I would add/change would be to make them all High Definition. Also I'd like to see him put his magic touch on the Prequels to make them into better stories. Granted, this is a big project, but as evidenced by the IMAX cut of AOTC, sometimes all it takes is a little trimming to make improvements. For TPM, significant amounts of additional filming would have to take place after a skilled writer was employed to take a shot at it, but the effort would be worth it. Even if some changes had to be made to the OT to make it all work, I'd rather see a 6 part saga that actually flowed and worked together than what we have now.

Imperial Monarche
02-27-2005, 09:00 PM
Also I'd like to see him put his magic touch on the Prequels to make them into better stories.

Wow, you actually still consider Lucas to be a good filmmaker. :D I prety much agreed with most of what you said. The only problem is I don't think that Lucas should have to pretty much remake TPM by hiring a more talented writer but more have someone come in and rewrite some of the scenes for better dialogue and to have them flow better.

stillakid
02-27-2005, 09:56 PM
Wow, you actually still consider Lucas to be a good filmmaker. :D

Well, I forgot the ;) as I was being facetious with that comment. :) His "magic touch" is in the grand design. He absolutely sucks at the details that tie it all together. But now that the groundwork has all but been laid, he should consider the Prequels as the first drafts that they are and allow qualified filmmaking personnel to come in and polish the turd up into something watchable and enjoyable. He's got the cash to make it happen. Now all he needs are the nads to admit that he f'd it all up. Pshaw, yeah, that'll happen. :rolleyes:

Slicker
02-28-2005, 02:44 AM
But I forgot to add the icing to the cake, and this could be on all three OT DVDs.

Vintage Toy Commercials

I'd flip if these were ever included on the DVDs.When I bought the SW Holiday Special off Ebay as an extra it had something like 60 vintage commercials on it. Some of those things make me wonder what the hell Hasbro was thinking when they commissioned them to be made. According to the kid playing with the Wampa toy the sound the Wampa makes is "wampa, wampa, wampa,wampa". Stupid kids.

Rocketboy
02-28-2005, 11:08 AM
When I bought the SW Holiday Special off Ebay as an extra it had something like 60 vintage commercials on it. Some of those things make me wonder what the hell Hasbro was thinking when they commissioned them to be made. According to the kid playing with the Wampa toy the sound the Wampa makes is "wampa, wampa, wampa,wampa". Stupid kids.I'm just happy I can't remember that stupid commercial music. I had it stuck in my head for days.

:D

DTMAN
03-10-2005, 05:37 PM
Ditto.
I agree. It would be a great set, but I don't see it happening any time soon.
Fox and LFL want you to continue to buy it for years to come.

My theory is:
May 19, film release
Fall 2005-Ep. 3 DVD same format as other 2.
2006: 1st 7pk DVD
2007: Definitive edition 8 pk DVD, not one, but two bonus disks. Or perhaps release Classic Trilogy as separate titles with bonus disks, but they may wait.

As to original versions of classic trilogy, it would great, but as long as Lucas is around, it will not happen. Best thing is Definitive Laserdisc tranferred to DVD which has been done by others.
Thank you.

General_Grievous
03-12-2005, 11:47 PM
Maybe after Lucas is gone, one of his kids may decide to release the original non-SEs on DVD.

stillakid
03-14-2005, 08:58 AM
Maybe after Lucas is gone, one of his kids may decide to release the original non-SEs on DVD.

After they blow the family fortune on crack and *****s.

General_Grievous
03-14-2005, 05:41 PM
Sadly enough, that's more likely to happen.