PDA

View Full Version : Changes to the Original Trilogy!

Fulit
08-20-2001, 12:05 PM
http://www.theforce.net/episode3/index.html#11964

Scroll down to Spy Report: The Definitive DVD Collection.

All I have to say is, a holographic picture of Qui-Gon added to Old Ben's house? I don't know about that.......

JEDIpartner
08-20-2001, 12:10 PM
The only things I would do are:

"Fix" Jabba in ANH- he looks so bad there... they did a much better job with him in TPM.

Also (per the link) add a couple scenes of Emperor Palpatine in ANH and ESB... not just a passing reference. Also replace the Emperor hologram in ESB with Ian since he played Sidious/Palpatine in the rest of the saga.

Oh, right... bring back Anchorhead.

Fulit
08-20-2001, 12:18 PM
Did you read what was on the link? Someone claims they are going to add the Emperor to ANH as well as Bail Organa and all sorts of other stuff.

JEDIpartner
08-20-2001, 01:02 PM
yes I did... I said, "(per the link)" when speaking of adding the Emperor.

THANKS FOR THE LINK, FULIT!!!:p

Fulit
08-20-2001, 01:12 PM
Oh, duh, I didn't see that part. Sometimes I read too fast for my own good.

Jargo
08-20-2001, 04:54 PM
Just sounds like wishful thinking from someone with an overactive imagination to me.

But if they get Ian to redo the ESB Emperor scene I'll be happy....:p

El Chuxter
08-20-2001, 05:37 PM
Is there anything wrong with leaving a classic film alone? :( I hope this is either mistaken, or it will supplement a more traditional DVD release of the films. If it's like The Godfather set from a couple of years ago (a re-worked, cohesive narrative made by merging and rearranging scenes from the films), it would be a nice piece to have. If it's the only way to get the series, it is a dark day for us all.

And even if they do this as a supplement, I sincerely hope that the part about the Emperor and Bail in E4 is mistaken. For one thing, it undermines how Vader was previously portrayed as being subordinate to Tarkin. For another, it makes Tarkin less of a baddie if he's following orders to blow up Alderaan.

And if the bit about the Coruscant scene in E5 is right, I want to see John Malkovich portraying Xizor! Yeah, he's among my least faves, but still, it'd be cool.

Mike Troxell
08-20-2001, 05:49 PM
Me no likey.

I hope whoever posted that TF.N "news" is a dirty, dirty liar. :rolleyes:

bigbarada
08-20-2001, 06:43 PM
Like Emp. Jargo said, it's probaby just wishful thinking on the part of some fan. If it does turn out to be true, then I hope they use the advances they made with Ep1-3 to blend the changes in better than the SE's

JediTricks
08-21-2001, 05:44 AM
FEH!

Feh to this idea!

Starfig873
08-21-2001, 06:51 AM
Actually in light of the new B-Wing. I think there should be a new scene with more B-Wing action! They couldn't have a scene with them in the old trilogy because they would "blink" out. Cause they were so flat and all. But with CGI I think a breif B-Wing battle would be great!

El Chuxter
08-21-2001, 10:57 AM
The more I think about it, the more I dislike the Bail/Palpatine ANH scene the article mentions. Aside from the character counterdevelopment I mentioned before, the logistics don't work. Bail is on Alderaan when it goes boom--that's a given. Alderaan is a few days flight, at least, from Coruscant. So what's supposed to happen here? Bail argues with Palpy and immediately leaves for Alderaan? Given the time frames, when would this happen? Before the opening crawl? Geez.

What's next--a scene added to ROTJ where Han stops on Corellia before rejoining the Alliance?

Han: Well, folks, here we are. I'm sure we can get you a change of clothes, Leia.
Corran Horn: Uh, Solo, you're wanted in conjunction with a smuggling charge. I need to ask you a few questions.
Leia: Uh, Han's not a smuggler.
Corran: Okay, in that case--Mallatobuck never told you what happened to your father!
Han: She told me you killed him!
Corran: No. Bib Fortuna is your father!
Han: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Jar Jar: Dissen veddy veddy bombad!

2-1B
08-21-2001, 01:23 PM
I LIKE the fact that the Emperor is not in ANH. It's quite enough that they referenced him. The story works so well because the focus is out of the "civilization" of Coruscant and instead it focuses on the edges of the Empire.

As Tarkin says, the governors have direct control - so let Tarkin have it! It is great that HE decided to destroy Alderaan, and not the Emperor. It makes Tarkin more of a criminal evil and less of a stooge.

The point about Vader as his subject is well put. Once Tarkin is dead, the next film shows Vader in a higher position, and it functions better when he is now shown reporting to Palpatine. It becomes less militaristic and more personal, since it deals with the Skywalker lineage.

Bring in Ian to do ESB, but leave him out of ANH ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Fulit
08-21-2001, 02:48 PM
I'm glad it wasn't my idea or else JediTricks would say "Feh" to me.:D

BenQuad
08-21-2001, 06:58 PM
I wish they had sorted out the "countdown" display with the death star about to attack in ANH, that one really annoys me.

Rogue II
01-12-2006, 04:25 PM
I LIKE the fact that the Emperor is not in ANH. It's quite enough that they referenced him. The story works so well because the focus is out of the "civilization" of Coruscant and instead it focuses on the edges of the Empire.

As Tarkin says, the governors have direct control - so let Tarkin have it! It is great that HE decided to destroy Alderaan, and not the Emperor. It makes Tarkin more of a criminal evil and less of a stooge.

The point about Vader as his subject is well put. Once Tarkin is dead, the next film shows Vader in a higher position, and it functions better when he is now shown reporting to Palpatine. It becomes less militaristic and more personal, since it deals with the Skywalker lineage.

Bring in Ian to do ESB, but leave him out of ANH ! ! ! ! ! ! !

George must have listened to Caesar.:yes: