PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Lego game

Rocketboy
02-24-2005, 09:24 PM
Anyone else looking forward to this game?
It seems like a fun and interesting take on the saga.
This (http://www.rowm.com/news.php?article_id=57)article makes me want this game even more now!
(There are more, larger screenshots in the links at the bottom of the page)

Now I'm just not sure which Star Wars game I want first: The ROTS game or Star Wars Lego!

Slicker
02-25-2005, 11:05 AM
If the game play is really good I think Lego may have a gold mine. I remember playing Lego Racers and that game was pretty good. I'll for sure buy this one and probably the other ROTS game.

Kidhuman
02-25-2005, 12:06 PM
I have been looking foward to the game for a few months now soince Lego showed some clips in the mag. I think I willget this one first and then the ROTS game.

General_Grievous
02-27-2005, 12:06 AM
Will this game be for PC only or will it be on consoles as well?

Kidhuman
02-27-2005, 08:23 AM
for consoles too.

General_Grievous
02-27-2005, 01:42 PM
Sweet. My only concern is that it only focuses on the PT. How about showing some love for the OT, Lego!

Kidhuman
02-27-2005, 09:17 PM
If it goes over good,who knows

mabudonicus
02-28-2005, 09:03 AM
Yeah, then maybe we could have a game based on bust 'ems or Beanie Buddies, too ;)

Kidhuman
02-28-2005, 11:07 AM
Or not. :beard:

scruffziller
02-28-2005, 01:18 PM
Looks bizzare, but interesting and cool. I may buy this if GC gets it.

Rocketboy
02-28-2005, 07:18 PM
It'd be cool if they had a "create a Jedi" special feature or unlockable, with all kinds of cool little pieces.

General_Grievous
03-03-2005, 10:42 PM
They just might. It's a Lego game, after all.

Kidhuman
03-13-2005, 01:06 AM
Here is a preview for the game..

Preview (http://media.xbox.ign.com/media/694/694423/vid_1051332.html?mu=http%3A%2F%2Fstreamingmovies.i gn.com%2Fps2%2Farticle%2F588%2F588866%2Flegostarwa rs_021805_wmvlow.wmv)

Kidhuman
03-21-2005, 12:32 AM
The demo is now out...

http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_legostarwars_downloads.html

CaptainSolo1138
03-31-2005, 01:11 PM
The second game trailer has me wanting this game even more. I hope my anticipation is well met, unlike the other SW game I was eagerly awaiting *coughbattlefrontcough*

Bantha274
04-04-2005, 08:18 AM
Got the game this weekend. It's great fun (for us adults and I guess the kids too, lol)! You can play through EP: I-3. Played Episode III, there are some SPOILERS so be careful if you decide to play it. I'm sure most people here would already know what's shown in the game, but others may get a bit mad if they see what's shown if their avoiding spoilers.

It definitely confirmed several things for me about ROTS though.

I would recommend this game to anyone. It has tons of replay value.

Rocketboy
04-04-2005, 12:10 PM
I saw it at Target the other night and wanted to pick it up so very bad, but I'll hold off for now.
I was surprised it was $40 instead of $50.

BanthaPoodoo
04-07-2005, 02:03 PM
Just got it today..... can't wait to play it... looks like great fun!

General_Grievous
04-18-2005, 09:28 PM
I got it today. I'm already on Episode III. It is nice to have some form of AOTC in a video game, even if it is in Lego style.

The Episode I part is really boring if you've played both TPM for Playstation and Episode I Racer (or Racer Revenge). Just kind of slow at a lot of points.

Hellboy
04-19-2005, 01:31 AM
I was thinking of getting this game but after a few friends said it could be completed in about a day or two I think I'll just rent it.

CaptainSolo1138
04-19-2005, 11:34 AM
Maxim magazine gave it a 4 out of 5 and dubbed it "Weirdest Game of the Month".

General_Grievous
04-19-2005, 11:12 PM
I just beat Episode III.

Does anyone know what the door with the "?" next to the EpIII door leads to?

BanthaPoodoo
04-21-2005, 11:57 AM
Well apparently my video card has reached its life expectancy... Radeon VIVO. I tried installed the game & went to play & you have to have a card capable of drawing animations in cinematic type style, which my card is not.... so, guess I'll have to wait & play it when I get a new video card (or I may just go by the GBA edition, since it would be cheaper)

kool-aid killer
04-22-2005, 02:47 PM
My sister bought this game for my brothers birthday (which was yesterday) and i got to play it a little bit. Its cool how when the people "die" their pieces just kind of fly all over. Its got a distinct look to it, being Lego and all, that distinguishes it from other Star Wars games. It looks to be a fun game, given the amount of characters you can control and with two players it should only be better. Im looking forward to playing it more often.

Pendo
04-25-2005, 02:16 AM
Hahaha I love this game! It's awesome. I've completed Episodes I & II, but not started Episode III yet incase it spoils anything (which it probably will do). It's genious the way it's done. I hope there'll be an Original Trilogy Star Wars Lego coming soon too :)

PENDO!

BanthaPoodoo
04-28-2005, 12:46 PM
Well, I decided to go & get the Lego Gameboy Advance game. Found a guy on ebay that had both this & the Star Wars Trilogy: Apprentice Of The Force game for $30. not bad considering I would have to drive 30 or so miles to get the game & then pay $25 for the game plus tax.

Can't wait to try it out....

Kidhuman
04-28-2005, 01:18 PM
Is it easy to finish? Sounds thatway.

Darkness Shroud
04-30-2005, 04:41 PM
This game rocks!!! I got it last saturday and finished it sunday evening!! I opened up the '?' door and its the Episode IV a new hope level. I cant recommend this game enough! Its just superb! Now i want a sequel by Christmas the OTC Lego please!!:)

Dar' Argol
05-03-2005, 07:05 PM
This game was Great!!! ton's of Unlockable characters, Ep 1-3 are covered with some good humor in them too (Ep1 Obi-Wan's none working lightsaber :D). Good replay value as you cannot get everything just playing through story mode. I also like the ablility for a 2nd player to just jump in whenever they wanted to. That's good for my daughter who would play with me for about 45 minutes and then go do something else.

The "?" door was kinda fun. You have to get all the studs from all the levels in order to unlock it . . . I won't ruin what it is, but it is a Ep IV section. I'm excited that they added a "To Be Continued . . . " at the end of it though . . at least there is the possiblity.

Such a fun game . . now I'm ready for the ROTS game!

Rogue II
05-03-2005, 09:55 PM
This game was great. Even though my 3 year old daughter kept saying "You crashed again, daddy" when she was watching me do the pod race.

I'm hoping they do Episodes 4-6 soon.

El Chuxter
01-04-2006, 03:13 PM
I got this for Christmas (they finally snuck it out for GameCube :D), and it is the coolest game this side of Kung Fu for the NES.

You have not lived until you've seen disco-dancing Kaminoans.

DarkArtist
02-02-2006, 09:20 PM
Over on TheForce.net they have a report for the Classic Lego Star Wars game for X-Box 360 coming out this fall. I hope they make it for PS2 as well. The one screen shot they show is of the Death Star Trench, looks really cool.

CaptainSolo1138
02-10-2006, 10:17 AM
According to an article (http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/LEGO_Star_Wars_2_Details_96987.asp) on RS, it won't be just a Next Gen thing!

El Chuxter
02-10-2006, 12:58 PM
According to an article (http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/LEGO_Star_Wars_2_Details_96987.asp) on RS, it won't be just a Next Gen thing!

Very good news indeed. You know I'm a Gamecube Lego junkie. :crazed:

JediTricks
02-10-2006, 02:43 PM
Correction, it won't be a next-gen thing at all, it'll be on PS2, PSP, Xbox, GC, GBA, DS, and PC, but no PS3 and no 360, and no Online play: http://pc.ign.com/articles/687/687344p1.html

I didn't realize, but the first game went to PS2's "Greatest Hits" recently, so when I saw it I bought it at Target last night for $20 and had a lot of fun, kept me up way later than I wanted to be (I had to get up early to preorder Sideshow Han). The back of the instructions is selling 4 of the Jan '06 LEGO sets, but only the OT sets, no mention of the V-wing, that wave's only prequels vehicle.

Rocketboy
02-10-2006, 05:46 PM
Just a heads up those that don't have SW Lego yet - it is now a Greatest Hots game for the PS2 with that sweet $20 price tag.

Slicker
02-10-2006, 06:32 PM
Just a heads up those that don't have SW Lego yet - it is now a Greatest Hots game for the PS2 with that sweet $20 price tag.Now that's a price that even my cheap arse can afford. I've wanted to buy it but I've heard that's it too short.

Kidhuman
02-10-2006, 07:21 PM
This is what I was awaiting, a 20 dollar tag on it.

JediTricks
02-10-2006, 07:24 PM
Just a heads up those that don't have SW Lego yet - it is now a Greatest Hots game for the PS2 with that sweet $20 price tag.
Dude, I *just* mentioned that in the post above yours! :D I forgot to post the IGN article in the SSG news, so when I did just now I prefaced it with a comment about the original down to $20 for PS2 and Xbox (amazon has those prices, but the GameCube version is not as cheap).

Rocketboy
02-10-2006, 11:44 PM
Dude, I *just* mentioned that in the post above yours! :D Hmmm...oh yeah. My bad yo. That's what I get for putting you on the ignore list. :D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-11-2006, 12:26 AM
Yeah, i work at the electronics department at my WM and i nearly crapped myself when i saw it dropped to 19.82. I didn't hesitate to put that and "Batman Begins" on layaway that day. and also, ROTS also dropped to 19.82. Can't wait to get it out in a few weeks! :crazed:

El Chuxter
02-11-2006, 10:10 AM
Now if they'll just release ROTS on GameCube. I've played that and Battlefront on my bro-in-law's PS2, and it's a crime they're not on the system I have. :mad:

JediTricks
02-11-2006, 07:11 PM
Hmmm...oh yeah. My bad yo. That's what I get for putting you on the ignore list. :D
You wish! Mods aren't ignorable. :D

JMG, how long ago did it go to the lower price?

Kidhuman
02-11-2006, 09:58 PM
JT, it had to be within the last week or so, becuase I looked about a week ago and it was still at 29 and change at WM

Rocketboy
02-11-2006, 11:30 PM
You wish! Mods aren't ignorable. :DHuh? What? Did you say something?

JediTricks
02-12-2006, 04:05 AM
JT, it had to be within the last week or so, becuase I looked about a week ago and it was still at 29 and change at WM
Yeah, I had looked a few weeks ago so I know it wasn't before Jan 15th, I guess it was pretty recent. I'm glad I got in early on that price.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-12-2006, 04:22 AM
You wish! Mods aren't ignorable. :D

JMG, how long ago did it go to the lower price?

Earlier this week, i believe it was Tuesday. When i left on Monday, it was 29 and when I got back on wed, it was down to 19.82. :bandit:

JediTricks
02-12-2006, 06:26 AM
Earlier this week, i believe it was Tuesday. When i left on Monday, it was 29 and when I got back on wed, it was down to 19.82. :bandit:
Sweet! Thanks for the news, means I caught it in just 2 days, I win! :D

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-12-2006, 01:24 PM
The Target ad today had both ROTS and the Lego game at $15. Looks like I'll be getting those today.

JediTricks
02-13-2006, 12:53 AM
Damn, I'm going back with my receipt for $5 they owe me.

Kidhuman
02-13-2006, 01:36 AM
Do that and buy yourself a bag of pop corn on the way out. :D :beard:

figrin bran
02-13-2006, 01:41 AM
i bought the game for $19 last week, stopped by target today and the signs for it still read $19

JediTricks
02-13-2006, 02:47 AM
Their popcorn is usually pretty good, now they have the popcorn combo, small corn plus a small drink for a penny more than the corn by itself, $1.

Rats, if it ain't advertised, no money back.

Kidhuman
02-14-2006, 05:41 PM
The Target here is 15 bucks for both. I picked up ROTS today and going back for Lego on Friday when I get paid. It is advertised in my store. Check the circular there.

JediTricks
02-14-2006, 09:47 PM
Excellllllent, excellent.

I stayed up late playing last night, I spent a lot of time going back and playing levels with new characters in free-play, and just doing lots of crazy stuff, barely moved the story forward at all.

figrin bran
02-14-2006, 10:38 PM
JT, have you checked on any of the local Targets to get the price adjustment?

so far it's pretty fun but i'm still trying to finish up all the campaigns on BF2 so i haven't played it all that much.

if i don't find figures at target, i usually end up taking advantage of their awesome popcorn + soda for a $1 deal!

JediTricks
02-15-2006, 04:38 PM
I haven't had the chance, between Toy Fair, personal life stuff, and work, I've been too busy. But not too busy to play LEGO:SW 1 last night, unlocking Jango and a bunch of others, but not wasting my hard-earned coins on those ridiculous extra Jedi guys like Ki-adi-Mundi. :p

Yoda is too much, with his lightsaber on he jumps around worse than in the movie, with it off he hobbles or flies on his little hoverchair.

CaptainSolo1138
02-15-2006, 04:46 PM
but not wasting my hard-earned coins on those ridiculous extra Jedi guys like Ki-adi-Mundi. :p
Save them "coins" for the MiniKit Detector and Invincibility!:thumbsup:

El Chuxter
02-15-2006, 05:00 PM
Yep, you'll need them. Though I recommend buying the extra characters, then playing Mustafar (a very generous board) to get more coins for the bigger extras.

Also, never select "continue story." Always go back to the Diner and get every coin from every bench, trashcan, stool, napkin dispenser, etc. Once you have some dark side characters, there are a few extremely generous items in the Diner.

JediTricks
02-15-2006, 05:12 PM
I already have enough for the minikit detector, but so far I haven't had too much trouble in freeplay mode getting the minikit containers. I suppose eventually I'll want invincibility but that kinda would take the fun out of it for me for now.

I'm not into looting the diner over and over, I know there's a ton of coins but it's too much work, no fun.

That disco on Kamino is too much! :D

El Chuxter
02-15-2006, 05:15 PM
Wait until you encounter Kashyyyk. You will need invincibility to attain mastery. Or you're a better player than CS1138 and myself.

CaptainSolo1138
02-15-2006, 06:52 PM
I'm not into looting the diner over and over, I know there's a ton of coins but it's too much work, no fun.Wait til you get to Kashyyyk and get super ticked off. Those salt shakers and trash cans will become your best friends.:yes:

I already have enough for the minikit detector, but so far I haven't had too much trouble in freeplay mode getting the minikit containersMost of them are pretty easy to get, but there were a handful that the Detector came in handy for. There were also a few that it was useless on, as they were way outta where you'd look anyway.

Wait until you encounter Kashyyyk. You will need invincibility to attain mastery. Or you're a better player than CS1138 and myself.I haven't played that game in a couple weeks, yet after reading that comment I got mad at that board all over again. Thanks.:beard:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-15-2006, 07:27 PM
Where do you buy the minikit detector? I mean, what section is it in in Dex's thing?

El Chuxter
02-15-2006, 07:31 PM
"Extras." After you buy it, pause the game and select the "Extras" menu, and you can activate it (along with brushes, teacups, moustaches, or any of the other silly and/or useful extras).

CaptainSolo1138
02-15-2006, 10:46 PM
you can activate it (along with brushes, teacups, moustaches, or any of the other silly and/or useful extras).
Dude, teacups and mustaches are HELLA useful.:p

JediTricks
02-16-2006, 12:27 AM
I was wondering what the cups and brooms were about, but not enough to burn that much money on.

I bought the Grievous Bodyguard figure, HOLY CRAP does that guy whomp! He jumps super high and he uses that weapon like a madman!

I'll let you guys know how Kashyyyk goes.

JediTricks
02-16-2006, 03:57 PM
Kashyyyk was a pretty long level, especially when I got bogged down killing droids and clones on the beachhead, not realizing that they weren't gonna stop coming. I couldn't believe how many coins were required to get to the superkit level, I got only 73% even with a ton of coins, I figure I'll make it up when I freeplay it.

El Chuxter
02-16-2006, 04:02 PM
That's what both Mr 1138 and myself thought. We've complained about this before. You'll have to have invincibility. If not, I bow to you.

JediTricks
02-16-2006, 04:53 PM
I'll let you know. I suppose it'd be easier if I had a second player actively watching my back so I could concentrate on using the Force to lift up plants while constantly under attack, the computer partner just isn't good enough to really hold them suckers back. And I can't believe how stingy they are when you defeat an AT-RT, at best you get a heart, but no coins at all, I killed a dozen of those dang things without benefit.

Kidhuman
02-16-2006, 06:36 PM
I picked this one today for 15 bucks, will dive into it right after I finish ROTS.

JediTricks
02-16-2006, 08:52 PM
Ok, so I went back and did Kashyyyk again just now after finishing off the Darth Vader level, remembering what I said here about needing a partner who could defend me, I chose the Droideka as my partner since it has shields. I destroyed every single prop I could find, pulled every plant, went everywhere, the droideka held back some of the fire with his shields which worked out great (when playing AS the droideka, avoid that pesky transformation-stand-shields lag by switching to the next character, stand still, and switch back, works perfectly), got killed a few times on the beachhead but mainly held together well, and even then at the end I was a few coins shy, but luckily there were coins inside the lights on the pit for the escape pod so I got those and it barely put me over 60,000 coins - I grabbed the last minikit container and got the heck out of there. I decided I had to buy Grievous even though he's mega-pricey, and he was TOTALLY worth it, he is crazy awesome, they could have made a game of *just* him, if he were as cool in the movie as this LEGO game version he would have been a superstar. Buying grievous dropped my coins from over a mil to 940k, but it was worth it, he's totally fun.

Is armored Vader in this game? I don't see him in the list of buyable characters, so I'm hoping he's in the mystery level.

The game is great, lots of fun, very clever, LOVE that they used real sound effects and Original Trilogy music, but it's a tiny bit disappointing that the game is now "over" in story mode, they could have fit in a few more levels:

the Gungan battle,
Maul vs Qui-Gon Tatooine,
Anakin Naboo Fighter battle,
Obi-Wan chasing Zam level,
Obi-wan Jedi Starfighter vs Slave I battle,
Obi-Wan on Utapau before Greivous, and
Yoda vs Emperor battle I didn't mind the "on rails" vehicle battles, they were kinda fun, more would have been better (as you can see, there are 2 more vehicle battles available from the list of levels I came up with, 3 if the Zam level was done as Anakin driving the speeder). I can't wait for the OT game, if it's as promised, it's going to be better than this and this was awesome.

El Chuxter
02-16-2006, 09:24 PM
I will not spoil the secret level for you. Get all the minikits and attain mastery on all levels to find out. ;)

CaptainSolo1138
02-16-2006, 09:30 PM
I didn't mind the "on rails" vehicle battles, they were kinda fun
I loved those boards. The "on the rails" style matched the game well I thought. The only time I got frustrated was during the pod race. I knew I'd get through it, but having to do nine separate parts was pretty tedious and some of the chunks (mainly the 8th part) were a downright pain in the butt.

figrin bran
02-18-2006, 10:23 PM
i finished story mode too. man, is kashykk hard! i also had trouble with the platforms inside the jedi temple as i would keep trying to jump onto the third tier of platforms, not realizing i only needed to get to the switch on the second tier.

JT, thanks for the strategy of having a droideka help to shield you.

CaptainSolo1138
02-19-2006, 02:44 PM
i also had trouble with the platforms inside the jedi temple as i would keep trying to jump onto the third tier of platforms, not realizing i only needed to get to the switch on the second tier.
I think, though, that if you're going for 100% completion you're gonna have some more work to do on those platforms in Freeplay.

Rocketboy
02-19-2006, 06:22 PM
Picked this up last week for $15 at Target.
I'm guessing you definitely need the invincibility for some of the levels (Kashyyyk and the Podrace come to mind).

CaptainSolo1138
02-19-2006, 09:22 PM
Kashyyyk for sure, but I never really have trouble on the podrace. :ermm:

It can be difficult to get the minikit pieces on the first try, but I'm going through it again and got 9/10 on my first run.

figrin bran
02-19-2006, 10:10 PM
I think, though, that if you're going for 100% completion you're gonna have some more work to do on those platforms in Freeplay.

i was afraid of that! but at least now i know you only need to pull out two levels of platforms and at least there's no time limit ;)

the podrace was tough at the end when you have tuskens shooting at you, boulders tumbling down and the accelerators are wedged right in between 2 of the boulders.

JediTricks
02-20-2006, 03:53 AM
Sure thing on the advice Figgy.

Well, last night I finished off the last couple of minikits and then realized I had to get max coinage on a couple of regulars plus the vehicles levels to open up the secret level - the podrace was the first time I really had any trouble getting jedi level coins because one part of the level kept killing me over and over (when Sebulba kills Mawhonic and brings a column down, the column kept collapsing on me, and then when I finally started surviving the timer on the section kept timing me out right at the edge of the level), so I restarted and just busted right through with only 4 crashes for the whole thing (stupid boulders when the Tuskens are shooting at you was the worst, I'd either trash the pod or run out of time). When I did the Count Dooku level, I found out that once you get the coinage meter to go off, you can lose ALL your coins and still have it count (Dooku flying to attack far away was what killed me so much). I still haven't bought infinite health, instead I bought the remaining unlockable characters, purple, brooms, silly blasters (LAME!!!), and moustaches, and have just over 1 mil left but am not sure how I want to use it (I don't need the minikit detector since I have

The secret level is cool, good problem-solving except for the one freeing the droid which I am still not 100% sure how I got right since I did it exactly how I did it previously. Lots of coins, I think I got over 112,000 coins in that level alone on story mode. I wanted to duke it out with the 2 characters at the end but no.

It's a very fun game, brings a lot of Star Wars to the ol' video game console, I am kinda bummed now that I've done it all (Grievous makes a lot of the game too easy because he kicks so much ***, Darth Sidious is more challenging yet still fun because of how he fights - it's useful and fast and strong, but not as over-the-top) but I figure I'll take it to friends' and enjoy it again 2player.

A tip on the Jedi Temple platforms, pull one out, jump up to it, pull the next out but this time jump across to the one across that it opens rather than trying to jump straight up above.

On the Podrace where the Tuskens are shooting, don't try to get all the accellerator bits, just go for what you can and don't waste your coins or time going after far-out ones.

El Chuxter
02-20-2006, 09:43 AM
A tip: to fight any Jedi character with a Jedi, do jump attacks. They'll knock 'em over just about every time. It doesn't work on Anakin, though.

And for fighting Jango in free play, switch to someone with a gun and just shoot him.

Rocketboy
02-20-2006, 10:36 AM
On Kashyyyk, right before the boulders come rolling down, there is a minikit piece up on a platform high on a tree. How do you get that one? Jar Jar can't ven jump that high and there isn't a grappling point.

Also, how the heck do you get Mastery on Kashyyyk? I grabbed ever coin I could find, even blasting bushes and force pulling shrubs, but only came up with like 87%.

El Chuxter
02-20-2006, 01:01 PM
You need to use the Dark Side on a bush nearby, if it's the one I'm thinking about. Then use Jar Jar (or Grievous or the Bodyguard) to leap up, and an astromech to fly over to it.

CaptainSolo1138
02-20-2006, 01:05 PM
Also, how the heck do you get Mastery on Kashyyyk? I grabbed ever coin I could find, even blasting bushes and force pulling shrubs, but only came up with like 87%.You need invincibility. You loose way too many studs fighting through the beachhead. Have you been getting all of the studs out of the lights on the platforms (both with the force and then your lightsaber)? Those made the difference for me.

As for the minikit piece in question, I'm fairly sure I remember using an astro droid to get to it.

JediTricks
02-20-2006, 05:41 PM
Those little lights on the outside rims of the Kashyyyk tree platforms, you turn them on with the force, then you destroy them and they reveal coinage. As for the minikit container way up there, I just used Yoda and jumped up the rocks and then over, but there was that one Sith-only black shrub that Chux mentioned, I think he may be right about that. Also, gotta use the Force to pull up all the LEGO plants everywhere, and for the LEGO plants that don't do the Force, do a double-jump above them then come down with your lightsaber.

figrin bran
02-21-2006, 02:11 AM
i've managed to get maximum coinage on all the levels though i'm still missing some canisters. oh well, i'll try out this secret level first.

i have to say that this game has been tons of fun and is the second best game i've ever bought for $20. (the first being KOTOR)

JediTricks
02-21-2006, 04:12 AM
There are no canisters nor max coinage bar on the secret level, unfortunately, so it's just about busting heads and grabbing bucks and figuring out puzzles... like that's a bad thing. ;)

This is my second-fav $20 game too, my first is Spider-man 2, that game still blows my mind, I really wish they had just added a few more types of street violence, dumped the walking tanks, and not done those "insane" race things - that's just friggin' wrong.

Rocketboy
02-21-2006, 11:06 AM
Finally finished Kashyyyk. Thanks kids.
Need a handful more characters and most of the extras to buy (just have the invincibility and minikit detector)
I've got mastery on every level (the Tantive is awesome), but I need to finish a few more minikits.

For $15, this is definitely up there with the best deals I've ever gotten on a game.
Hmmm, sounds like a new thread...

JediTricks
02-27-2006, 05:41 PM
Another new level I thought of that they could do, piloting the Gungan Sub to Theed.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-27-2006, 06:42 PM
How do you get the minikit thing in the Dooku level that's really high? I put the pillar together but I can't break the cage around it.

Rogue II
02-27-2006, 06:44 PM
I was bored yesterday (and putting off housework) so I popped this game back into the PS2, and ended up beating story mode again in 1 day. Didn't use cheats or anything. Maybe I'll go back and finish collecting the extras. It's not as hard the second time through.

El Chuxter
02-27-2006, 07:15 PM
I don't remember absolutely for certain, but I that's one you have to use R2 and fly across to get.

JediTricks
02-27-2006, 07:19 PM
How do you get the minikit thing in the Dooku level that's really high? I put the pillar together but I can't break the cage around it.
I had to shoot the cage pieces off as much as I could, then like Chux said, switch to R2 and hover over from the wall I think.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-02-2006, 05:37 PM
Thanks for the tip! I finally got it last night and now I'll never have to play the stupid Dooku level ever again. :D

Now, one more question - I see there's a minikit piece in the Darth Maul level, but I can't get it. In the first big room, with the Naboo fighters, there's a smaller room high above the next door that an R2 has to open. There's supposed to be a minikit piece at the end of the room, but I can't get it . . . any hep here would be hot.

JediTricks
03-02-2006, 05:47 PM
The Dooku level is only a problem once he starts zipping around like The Flash, if you start grabbing stuff in there before hitting him he's not as much a problem.

I believe you have to run over the panels on the floor to light them all up. And it's tough too because they go out quickly (not as tough as the bonus level at the end of the game though).

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-04-2006, 06:37 PM
quick question: i just gotm ine out of layaway and tossed it in. Now, is it me or can you NOT get every cannister right off the bat? there were a few on the droid ship which i just couldn't figure out how to get and i'm thinking that I need to unlock characters who can jump higher, etc. just wanna make sure. :crazed: GREAT game though.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-04-2006, 07:10 PM
It takes a few repeat playings to get all the canisters and coins, which can at times be difficult.

I got all the minikit and superkit pieces, and unlocked the ANH level, but is that it? I built the Lego sign but I can't run over all the pieces in the other room, and I can't unlock the Free Play mode to get a protocol droid to open the door. Oh darn.

JediTricks
03-05-2006, 04:53 PM
quick question: i just gotm ine out of layaway and tossed it in. Now, is it me or can you NOT get every cannister right off the bat? there were a few on the droid ship which i just couldn't figure out how to get and i'm thinking that I need to unlock characters who can jump higher, etc. just wanna make sure. :crazed: GREAT game though.On just about every level, you have to have freeplay open on a level to get every canister. Also, you have to have freeplay access to the following: Jar Jar or Grievous or his bodyguard, Anakin Boy or Baby Fett, either Astromech, either C-3PO or TC-14, and Maul or any actual Sith (ROTS Anakin doesn't count as a Sith in the game). It is their abilities that you will need to get at every canister, whether individually or through a combination of. Luckily, once you unlock a version of each of those guys, they're automatically added to your freeplay roster of alternate characters every time you go into freeplay.

I got all the minikit and superkit pieces, and unlocked the ANH level, but is that it? I built the Lego sign but I can't run over all the pieces in the other room, and I can't unlock the Free Play mode to get a protocol droid to open the door. Oh darn.That is the last level, but you can run over all the floor tiles, you can unlock C-3PO, and you can open the door -- all in story mode.

Rocketboy
03-20-2006, 10:25 PM
Anyone not have and still want SW Lego?
I still have a Target raincheck for it from when it was on sale for $15 if anyone wants it.
It expires on April 3rd.

I never used it because I picked mine up at another Target.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-22-2006, 11:40 AM
Alright, i'm going back and getting canisters and studs. I'm good to go on everything except this freakin' Gunship Calvary level. Is it me or do you have to blow up EVERYTHING to get it full studs?!!? I just can't do it! Highest i've got so far was 76%. Does anybody have any tips or ideas to help me with this? Do you need a second player on this level or something?! God, i help me! :crazed: