PDA

View Full Version : Official CIII Guest List!

Jayspawn
02-24-2005, 11:30 PM
Here is the official Guest List for Celebration III thanks to C2 Ventures. These are the confirmed guests and more to be added later....

Amy Allen
Aayla Secura, Attack of the Clones & Revenge of the Sith

Shannon McRandle
Mara Jade, Expanded Universe

Kenny Baker
R2-D2, ALL 6 Films! TPM, AOTC, ROTS, ANH, ESB & ROTJ!

Rena Owen
Taun We, Attack of the Clones
Senator Alavar, Revenge of the Sith

Jerome Blake
Rune Haako, The Phantom Menace
Mas Amedda, The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones, Revenge of the Sith
Oppo Rancisis, The Phantom Menace

Mary Oyaya
Jedi Luminara Unduli, Attack of the Clones & Revenge of the Sith

Ray Park
Darth Maul, The Phantom Menace

Dave Prowse
Darth Vader, A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back & Return of the Jedi

Paul Blake
Greedo, A New Hope

Ralph Brown
Ric Olie, The Phantom Menace

Mike Quinn
Nein Numb, Return of the Jedi

Michael Sheard
Admiral Ozzel, The Empire Strikes Back

Jeremy Bulloch
Boba Fett, The Empire Strikes Back & Return of the Jedi
Alderaan Pilot, Revenge of the Sith

Garrick Hagon
Biggs Darklighter, A New Hope

Orli Shoshan
Jedi Shaak Ta, Attack of the Clones & Revenge of the Sith

Gerald Home
Tessek the Quaren, Return of the Jedi
Mon Calamari Officer, Return of the Jedi

Daniel Logan
Boba Fett, Attack of the Clones

Jesse Jensen
Jedi Saesee Tiin, Attack of the Clones

Zach Jensen
Jedi Kit Fisto, Attack of the Clones

Thats quite a list! And its just the tip of the iceberg -theres more coming later!

Thoughts?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-25-2005, 12:05 PM
That's pretty cool. But I find it silly that the guy who played Tessek for three seconds twenty years ago is still going at it. :p

It looks already to be a more extensive list than CI or CII, especially if there's going to be more!

Slicker
02-25-2005, 12:12 PM
Heck, if I was going the only one that I would REALLY want to meet would be Ozzel. If I had to pick a second it would be Biggs.

Jayspawn
02-25-2005, 01:02 PM
I've always wanted to meet Garrick Hagon, I hope they get Bill Hootkins (Porkins) -he'd be great too!

JediBoulton
02-25-2005, 02:52 PM
You know -- this list is not THAT impresive -- all of these people have been to a few shows in the past. Most of these VERY same people are comming to Dallas in May -- just before the ROTS release.

As a matter of fact -- I believe the only people that have NOT been to Dallas are Ric Olie, Tessek, and Ozzel.

I know all the rest have been.

I am sorry for being such a downer -- but I was hoping to see all of the FAMOUS stars -- Hadyen, Natalie, Sammy, Harrison, Mark -- someone worth paying some $$ to fly out and see...

Right now -- I am not as excited about going as I was a few weeks ago :(

JediTricks
02-25-2005, 03:33 PM
Ozzel was the name on the list that first popped out at me too, the one where I thougt "wow, he's the one I'd wanna meet" (though I probably wouldn't get him to sign 'Adolf Hitler' on something like he did in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade ;)).

Boulton, this list is hardly complete, it only is the 2nd round of announcements. Definitely "more to come".

Jayspawn
02-25-2005, 11:37 PM
Theres plenty more to come Boulton, this is just the tip of the iceberg.

jonthejedi
02-26-2005, 03:49 AM
ZOWIE! No Anthony Daniels as guest MC???? I don't know how I feel about that...it's kinda become tradition(go over to StarWars.Com for details). And Boulton...there's no way you're going to get Natalie, Harrison, Samuel L. & the likes to Celebration III...not with their schedules. Maybe Hayden if we're lucky...I share a silent prayer that Mr. Lucas could just show up 1 day...since this whole thing is over soon...especially as a CIII surprise. It would shake the convention center down to its foundation. But I agree...I know it's only a partial guest list, but I can't get excited about alot of 2 second screen time men & women in masks "actors" coming. I already have autographs from James Earl Jones, John Williams, Carries Fisher, Mark Hamill, Peter Mayhew, Kenny Baker, Jeremy Bulloch, Tem. Morrison & the like. Would definitely like some actors from Ep. III as well. Here's hoping!!!!

Jayspawn
02-26-2005, 09:09 AM
Heres the skinny on those big name actors.....

George Lucas -the creator. Because George usually stays away of conventions -theres maybe a shred of possibility that he might come. Since this is the last Star Wars Celebration and because its Star Wars ONLY -he MIGHT come for maybe a day (fingers crossed very tightly) for a few hours.

Harrison Ford wouldnt be caught dead at a convention. He doesnt have anything against Star Wars but he has not nor will EVER do a convention or signing.

Samuel L. Jackson has some very few signings in the past. But never a convention -yet.

Hayden Christensen apparently was at Celebration II -and signed some stuff. How much stuff? Who knows. Probably not a lot. But he usually stays away from the public eye.

Natalie Portman has never done a convention -though it has crossed her mind she has said. She has signed items at premires -never a whole lot though. Could she come? Theres a shred of possibility -but she would be more likely to come with somebody like Hayden or George.

Mark Hamill is making more appearances latley -theres a possibility that he'll go.

Jayspawn
02-26-2005, 09:11 AM
I bet Anthony Daniels will go. He's probably taking it easier these days.

Jayspawn
02-26-2005, 09:28 AM
Jay Laga'aia who playes Captain Typho in Attack of the Clones & Revenge of the Sith has been added to the Guest List and will be the MC for the Convention! He previously hosted a German Star Wars convention and will be doing the same for Celebration III. Good to hear!

sith_killer_99
02-26-2005, 09:47 AM
Well, I am planning on buying the ROTJ Photobusta set and getting as many OT autographs as possible. I want to get Anthony and Kenny to sign the pic with R2 and C-3PO standing side by side.

I am hoping we get some of the big names from the OT, simply because this will be the last big horah.

I am willing to bet we will see:

Mark Hamil
Carrie Fisher
Billy Dee Wiliams
Anthony Daniels (He is in EP3)
James Earl Jones (He did do voice work for EP3)
Peter Mayhew (Again he is in EP3)
Christopher Lee (Again he's in EP3)
Ian McDiarmid (EP3)

We can always hope to see Harrison Ford.

I could care less about seeing George, Rick, Natalie or Hayden. :rolleyes:

JediTricks
02-26-2005, 01:07 PM
Jay Laga'aia who playes Captain Typho in Attack of the Clones & Revenge of the Sith has been added to the Guest List and will be the MC for the Convention! He previously hosted a German Star Wars convention and will be doing the same for Celebration III. Good to hear!
Actually, when I read that this morning, my heart sank for you guys who are actually going. Jay was good on Xena: Warrior Princess, but I felt his turn in AOTC was one of the worst pieces of acting in Star Wars ever (which is really saying something, though I totally blame director Lucas) and that he's nowhere near the Star Wars icon OR celebrity that Anthony Daniels is (again, that last part is saying something ;)). I hope it all goes well, but I think he was a poor choice for host.

scruffziller
02-26-2005, 03:36 PM
COOL!!! Ray Park is going to be there!!!!!!!!! He is one I am most certainly interested in meeting and complimenting on his saber wizardry and stellar peformance of one of the greatest SW charachters of all time.

JediBoulton
02-26-2005, 05:42 PM
You know Scruff -- Ray is GREAT. He seems to LOVE the public -- and he LOVES the kids!! Ray likes to see everyone and shake all hands. He really sets a great standard of how someone should act at a convention.

As far as the rest of the guest -- who knows -- maybe they will announce someone RARE. After I posted -- I started thinking~~~

I would really rather meet most of you guys that the start -- we are the ones that share this passion. We are the ones that really makes these things fun and exciting.

With that in mind -- I look forward to seeing all of you and being able to shake all of your hands -- that would be an honor !!!

Till then -- :classic:

Jayspawn
02-26-2005, 09:03 PM
I have an Episode I Teaser one sheet (full-sized) that I had signed by Pernilla August, Warwick Davis and Ahmed Best at CI. I hope to take it to CIII to have more Phantom Menace actors sign. And those are NOT easy signatures to get!

jonthejedi
02-27-2005, 03:16 AM
I was lucky enough to have Warwick Davis sign my Star Wars Logbook(Chronicle Books) that I take to every Celebration show at the edge of the stage...after his talk. Technically, these guests were not even supposed to sign anything, but most were very gracious. I literally ran into Anthony Daniels(in the rain), as he worked his way from one building to another. I did not want to bother him for a signature, but did shake his hand and thanked him for the great MC job! I missed Pernilla & Ray Park completely. Got Carrie Fisher down in Florida back at one of the SW Weekends shows...was lucky enough to be one of the "200." Thanks to a tip from a fellow fan! My family & I were the last ones to meet Jake Lloyd a year previous, but he didn't sign at all then(perhaps because he was a minor??). I'm sure my wife will run into Rick McCallum at least several times at Starbucks(across from convention ctr.) as in 2002. Rick was nice enough to pose for a picture with my "Jr. jedi" son Tyler, who was in costume.

Darth Grifter
02-28-2005, 01:39 AM
Actually, when I read that this morning, my heart sank for you guys who are actually going. Jay was good on Xena: Warrior Princess, but I felt his turn in AOTC was one of the worst pieces of acting in Star Wars ever (which is really saying something, though I totally blame director Lucas) and that he's nowhere near the Star Wars icon OR celebrity that Anthony Daniels is (again, that last part is saying something ;)). I hope it all goes well, but I think he was a poor choice for host.

i totally agree JT...who was the miracle worker who picked this one and couldn't convince Daniels to do it again? wow! i can tell you i won't be snapping a lot of pictures of that guy on stage...typhos performance was aweful! yikes... :rolleyes:

although, this doesn't decrease the anticipation at all...not even a little bit... :classic:

CooLJoE
03-01-2005, 08:59 PM
Yeah, the guest list isn't incredible, but I am glad to see....

AMY ALLEN - AALYA SECURA

Can't wait to meet her and get her signature on the Aayla Secura figures (both regulars from AOTC and ROTS, and the unleashed).

I wouldn't mine to get Ewan McGregor's (obi-wan in prequels) signature on some of his figures or a picture. I think he's done a good job in the prequels.

I do hope some better guests get added to the list though.

And personally, I could care less if George showed up or not.

Jayspawn
03-01-2005, 10:43 PM
Damn CooLJoe, thats pretty harsh! Meeting George is a once in a lifetime experience.

I have Ewan McGregor's autograph on a great 8X10 from AOTC.

dindae
03-02-2005, 09:45 AM
I'm not really excited about the list yet. Most I've met and the ones I haven't are big attractions for me. Even though I would still go at his point I really hope they are a big name or two that wasn't at CII (since I got all of those that were signing).

met - Amy Allen
met - Shannon McRandle
met - Kenny
Rena Owen
Jerome Blake
met - Mary Oyaya
met - Ray Park
met - Dave Prowse
met - Paul Blake
Ralph Brown
met - Mike Quinn
met - Michael Sheard
met - Jeremy Bulloch
met - Garrick Hagon
Orli Shoshan
Gerald Home
met - Daniel Logan
Jesse Jensen
Zach Jensen

QLD
03-02-2005, 11:09 AM
Wow. Well, it looks like so far I won't have to waste any time standing in line for autographs....

bobafett07728
03-02-2005, 12:51 PM
I'm not too impressed with the guests yet. Most of them are show regulars, and none of them are really difficlut autographs, or "big name" stars. I will say, for this being the early guest list, there are a lot of people confirmed. I'm hoping that it only continues to grow. For those fans that haven't been able to get 'graphs in the past, this looks like you'll have a nice selection. I figure we won't here about anyone REALLY BIG until right before the show. They wouldn't announce Samuel Jackson first, and save Shannon McRandle for last would they (no offense to Mrs. Mara Jade ;) ?) So, with that in mind, I'm not too concerned with the lack of "stars" on the list yet. . . their time will (hopefully) come. I thought for sure we'd see Carrie Fisher, Billy Dee Williams, and Mark Hamill. . . maybe they are holding out those names. I'm shocked to have not seen Peter Mayhew confirmed by now, too!?!?!? He's almost always a guest at shows AND he was in Episode III!!!

Darth Grifter
03-02-2005, 04:38 PM
you know, this list is very adequate to be announced at this point and time...admit it, this is the list that most of us expected (save hamill, fisher, billy d, mayhew)...like boba said, these are con regulars, and there shouldn't be any suprise/shock that the list is short of "stars." i, for one, am impressed because this will be my first ever so i am totally pumped to see anyone...:D:D:D

CooLJoE
03-06-2005, 06:05 PM
Damn CooLJoe, thats pretty harsh! Meeting George is a once in a lifetime experience.

I have Ewan McGregor's autograph on a great 8X10 from AOTC.

How was it harsh? I said that I, Personally, don't care if George is there. Because honestly, I don't. Sure he makes the movies, but he isn't someone I consider that special. Especially not after his changes to the OT and no inclusion of original OT DVDs.

jonthejedi
03-08-2005, 04:31 AM
More autograph guests announced...and quite frankly, this list just ain't excitin' me yet.

Jayspawn
03-08-2005, 09:17 AM
Woahh! Those are some great guests! The additional guests jonthejedi refers to are....

Matt Wood
General Greivous Revenge of the Sith

Simon Williamson
Max Reebo, Gamorrean Guard, Mon Calamari Officer Return of the Jedi

Femi Taylor
Oola! Return of the Jedi

Alan Ruscoe
Bib Fortuna, Lott Dodd, Plo Koon The Phantom Menace

Tim Rose
Admiral Ackbar, Sy Snootles, Salacious Crumb Return of the Jedi

Peter Mayhew
Chewbacca ROTS, ANH, ESB, and ROTJ

Ian Liston
Wes Janson The Empire Strikes Back

Bai Ling
Senator Bana Breemu Revenge of the Sith

Richard LeParmentier
Admiral Motti A New Hope

Nalini Krishan
Barriss Offee Attack of the Clones

Michael Kingma
General Tarful Revenge of the Sith

Sandi Finlay
Sly Moore Attack of the Clones, Revenge of the Sith

Sean Crawford
Yakface Return of the Jedi

Caroline Blakiston
Mon Mothma Return of the Jedi

David Barclay
Jabba the Hutt Puppeteer Return of the Jedi

Thats the new update! Personally, I think thats a great list of guests! Cant wait to hear the next ones! The Revenge of the Sith guests should be interesting -sonce none of us by then will have seen the movie. I'll probably get their autographs anyways because you never know if they'll be big later on!

dindae
03-08-2005, 09:40 AM
I can still see jonthejedi's point of view because there isn't a name on there like Carrie Fisher from last time. However the list has gotten better for me since I find the lesser stars to be more personable anyway. Carrie Fisher barely made eye contact with me (granted she was cranking out the autographs to get as many people through as possible) where as people like Ray Park and Richard LeParmentier are very personable and don't mind pictures etc. Don't get me wrong I'm still hoping for a few big names to be added to the list but I'd be content if it stopped here.

Jayspawn
03-08-2005, 09:43 AM
They ALWAYS announce the big names last. ALWAYS (keep this in mind jonthejedi). They'l blow us away with the big Headliners as we get closer to the Celebration.

jonthejedi
03-08-2005, 04:47 PM
Hope so...I just don't get too worked up to meet people who had a minute(or second) of screen time as a "mask" actor or puppeteer. I would love to see Pernila August, Frank Oz, Jake Lloyd, Joel Edgerton, Bruce Spence, etc.

Slicker
03-08-2005, 05:50 PM
Peter Mayhew is one of the only "big names" that I see so far. Although I'd love to meet Adm. Motti just to see if his lack of faith is indeed disturbing.

Darth Grifter
03-09-2005, 12:21 AM
more of the expected people...mayhew, oola, nalini...these are con people...i'll be even more stoked about the big names to come! :D i'm kinda pumped about sly moore though, she's so etheral looking...

bobafett07728
03-10-2005, 10:59 AM
This list is huge!! AND it is only going to get bigger! While there still aren't any "major draws" I'm excited to be able to get so many autographs from such a vast variety of Star Wars celebrities.

As a sidenote. . . has anyone checked out the website officialpix.com? This is the company in charge of the Celebration III autographs. First off. . . you can buy 8x10s off their site. . . at a ridiculous $8 a photo. This is not the thread to complain about this. . . so I won't ;) Anyway. . . they also have an autograph section (yeah. . . its also pricey.) What caught my eye is that they have auto's of Christopher Lee, and Samuel L. Jackson. Is it possible that they could be under contract with this company? If so. . . that may bode well for us seeing one if not both at Celebration. Just something that struck me as interesting.

Jayspawn
03-10-2005, 11:09 AM
Regarding www.officialpix.com and their online store. I've been communicating with them and I've got them to LOWER the price of each photo from $8.99 to $6.99 -which is much better. Photos at CIII will be $5.00 each they say.

Jayspawn
03-10-2005, 11:12 AM
Please brace yourselves. Because the following names WILL NOT be attending Celebration III becasue of Scheduling conflicts. Officialpix has assured that if their schedules free up -they will get them for CIII. Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, James Earl Jones, Anthony Daniels, and Christopher Lee.

Darth Grifter
03-10-2005, 11:58 AM
Please brace yourselves. Because the following names WILL NOT be attending Celebration III becasue of Scheduling conflicts. Officialpix has assured that if their schedules free up -they will get them for CIII. Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, James Earl Jones, Anthony Daniels, and Christopher Lee.
wow! that's interesting! i can't believe that hamill, fisher and daniels aren't going to be there! hmm...seems like we will be bombarded with background characters instead! oh well...i'm still pumped...

bobafett07728
03-10-2005, 12:13 PM

Damn. . . you beat me to it! I just read this as well. I'm a little dissapointed that they weren't able to get one or two of them to do the show. The article does say that if their schedule "open up" that they will try their hardest to get them to join. I thought Hamill and Fisher were "shoe-ins," but I guess I had my hopes too high. I'm still looking forward to the rest of the guests, and they promise to add "many more." I'm still going to hold onto the hope that one, or two will find time in their busy schedules to make it. . . this is supposed to be the Celebration to end all Celebrations, right!?!?!?!

Also. . . boo to them for even letting us know who isn't coming. I know it lets us focus on the actual attendees, but it's nice to be able to hope for certain people. I'm sure this news shut alot of people down.

jonthejedi
03-10-2005, 03:38 PM
Hey Jayspawn...I got my first order(6 stills) from OfficialPix today & couldn't be more pleased. The color & print quality exceded my wildest expectations. Most of my SW autographs were on original B&W glossy stills from vintage press kits...almost impossible to get now. It was neat to add some color shots to the mix. I have a great one for Jake Lloyd to sign for my son...but I don't know if he's coming to CIII yet. Shame about Tony Daniels & the rest.

jonthejedi
03-12-2005, 05:05 AM
They just announced Jake Lloyd is appearing on stage at CIII...but no mention of him signing autographs. My son wants his autograph in the worse way. I hope Ben & Phil make it happen!

Jayspawn
03-12-2005, 09:07 AM
I dont see Jake's name on the list yet, but I'm sure e wouldnt even be there if he had no intention of signing. I actually have a few things for him to sign.

OfficialPix does offer some great photos dont they. I'm gonna wait till the convention to get mine.

Jayspawn
03-12-2005, 09:08 AM
Theres still like a dozen or so more actors that do conventions they could still get.

Jayspawn
03-18-2005, 11:09 PM
Billy Dee Williams! Just signed on today!

Jake Lloyd is also attending but no word on wether hes actually signing or not. I assume he will.

Darth Grifter
03-19-2005, 01:13 AM
ah, billy dee...i'm pumped that he's coming! this list is getting bigger ever day...good news!

Jedi Teacher
03-19-2005, 07:21 AM
Woohoo!!

I was to cheap to get autographs at CII --not this time!! I still have hopes that Mark or Carrie will show up. Even Tony Daniels.

dr_evazan22
03-20-2005, 10:55 PM
Did anyone else see that at least one of the Tonnika sisters will be there? I saw it posted about 2 weeks ago and had just forgotten to comment on it. Way Cool! If you see her there pressure her to let them make a fig of her.

Jayspawn
03-21-2005, 12:11 AM
Yeah I saw her -good guest! She and the other girl have been obscure in anything appearence related. Would be great if they had them both going.

Theres about 2-3 confirmed guests still on tap. Should be announced in the next week or 2. Fisher, Lee, Daniels, Hamill will be last minute if they pull them off.

bobafett07728
03-23-2005, 11:26 AM
They recently announced Temuera Morrison which is pretty cool. I has holding out for a bigger surprise than that, however. They also recently posted the pictures that will be available for CIII, over 100 different! What troubles me. . . is that if the pics were released, what is the possibility of more celebrities being announced? Sure, they could be holding those pictures back, but the blurb about more being announced has also vanished from the guest page. At this point I'm planning on this being the final list, and I'm going to start figuring out who I need, and who I want on what. I'm definitely thinking about the Celebration III Photo set for $199.99. It seems like a lot at first glance, but with all those photos (and hopefully a few more) its less than $2 a pop. Even if I don't use them all in Indy, I'll have some for later dates. I can't wait. . . less than 30 days away!!!!! wooHOOOO! :crazed:

Oh. . . here's my final stab at the headliner:

Within a week or two they will announce. . .

Ian McDiarmid

Eh. . . we can wish, right?

bobafett07728
03-23-2005, 12:06 PM
I just noticed that two of the official Celebration III pictures are of Warwick Davis. Last I checked he wasn't even an autograph guest. What's the deal with that?!?!? Also. . . there are no pics for Jay Laga'aia, or Jake Lloyd. I figured Jay would be busy, but Jake?!?!? He's just going to be there to talk?!?!?! That seems a little silly to me. I think I'll be bringing a few pics of the non-autograph guests just to be safe though. . . there may be opportunities throughout the weekend. :D

Jayspawn
03-23-2005, 05:55 PM
It seems silly just to go there and talk without signing. I'll bet Jake will be signing some things. I'm gonna buy a photo at the convention anyways for him to sign on chance.

I dont know bobafett07728, Ian McDiarmid is a big long shot. Hes a very private person, doesnt usually do any kind of signing or appearances for that matter. He has NO website, fanclub or anything. But anythings possible.

OfficialPix is offering some nice photos -but some of them are so-so. I dont like any of the photos for Tem Morrison, I'll buy a different one I like from a dealer probably. The Chewbacca and Tarful pictures are nice! Too bad we cant enlarge them yet to get a clearer picture.

dindae
03-23-2005, 06:44 PM
I wouldn't count on Jake signing anything unless you catch him out and about. I know Hayden, Temuera, and a few others didn't officially sign anything at the Celebration II even though they were there. If they aren't at the autograph tables they won't be signing. Not because they are jerks just because if the stop and start they will never see the end of pens in their face. I did hear a few people saying they got Hayden though when they stopped him in the street so there is always hope.

Darth Grifter
03-23-2005, 07:42 PM
I just noticed that two of the official Celebration III pictures are of Warwick Davis. Last I checked he wasn't even an autograph guest. What's the deal with that?!?!? Also. . . there are no pics for Jay Laga'aia, or Jake Lloyd. I figured Jay would be busy, but Jake?!?!? He's just going to be there to talk?!?!?! That seems a little silly to me. I think I'll be bringing a few pics of the non-autograph guests just to be safe though. . . there may be opportunities throughout the weekend. :D
he is mc of the saga stage, so he'll be there...i think that he is a usual signer so being mc maybe means he's signing too...

Jayspawn
03-26-2005, 08:56 AM
The Guest List seems to be about wrapped up at this point say, they add 1 or 2 more at the last minute.

I'm very pleased with the list of names they have booked -gonna be a great time! I already have a mental list of what autographs I'm gonna get. I'm gonna get most of my photos from C2 and several others from other dealers at the convention.

Rebo's_Guitarist
03-26-2005, 09:39 PM
Awesome, I dont even need to start a new thread for my question -

As far as autographs are concerned, I know you have to buy the photo to be autographed, but do you have to pay for each signature or is this included with my ticket? I would find it silly to have to pay for each one but Ive never been to a Celebration so I dont know. Anyone?

Jayspawn
03-26-2005, 09:56 PM
You have to pay for every signature you get. You can get whatever you want signed (within good taste). C2 Ventures will be offering Exclusive photos at CIII for $5 each or you can pick up a different photo or something else there.

Back in the day you had to pay money to the actors or the people they're with (or free which is hardly the case anymore). You have to purchase Autograph tickets in advance which will cost $10 each. And you just give however many tickets the actor/celebrity is charging to the ticket taker.

Rebo's_Guitarist
03-26-2005, 11:01 PM
Wow that bites, puts a damper on my autograph situation..............

CooLJoE
03-27-2005, 02:05 AM
So not only do we have to stand in line to buy tickets for autographs, but we also have to give tickets for each one we get?

So if I bring 3 figures for Amy Allen to sign (which I plan to do), I have to give her 3 x # of tickets that she charges? That sucks. I still plan to do it, but that sucks. Especially when I recently added the idea of getting her to sign a picture as well.

jonthejedi
03-27-2005, 05:03 AM
I know I've done the math on the 4 or 5 people I'd like autographs from, plus the cost of an exclusive CIII photo(which are really nice by the way!) for each...I simply can't drop this kind of $$$ on autographs, or I won't have anything for the toys next week.

Jayspawn
03-27-2005, 08:31 AM
Fortunatly, most of the actors/celebrities are only charging 1 coupon (which costs $10). However some of the more major actors like Ray Park charging 2 coupons, Billy Dee Williams is 3 coupons. The fees are pretty standard. Thats a good deal for most of them!

*I'm getting many autographs, I have 8X10s signed because they look professional, easy to carry/store and are inexpensive.

Rebo's_Guitarist
03-27-2005, 10:25 AM
30 bucks for Lando's sig? This blows:mad:

Jayspawn
03-27-2005, 02:40 PM
Thats cheap compared to what it has been (or used to be). Keep in mind thats a LOT cheaper than what Carrie Fisher, Christopher Lee or Mark Hamill charge.

Also remember -hes one of the main characters IN Star Wars. And hes had a very good career outside of it.

sith_killer_99
03-27-2005, 03:52 PM
Also remember -hes one of the main characters IN Star Wars. And hes had a very good career outside of it.

He has? :confused: Billy Dee Williams?!?! :confused:

LOL

Yeah, I went to Gen Con Indy and got my Silver Boba Fett. I got 2 autographs that day one from Kenny Baker and one from Mr. Bulloch. I seem to remember paying about $20 each. I only plan on getting a couple of autographs anyway, mostly big names from the OT, which, apparently, will be limited. Though I may get an autograph from Bodie Taylor. I would like to have him autograph my silver Clone Trooper, since I had Kenny and Jeremy sign my silver R2 and Fett. Ooops, then I should get David Prowse to autograph my siver Vader....darn....I thought this was gonna be easy!

My wife bought me the ROTJ photobusta set for our anniversary and I planed on bringing them up for the big show, but I may have to rethink that. I was soooooooooo hoping to see Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamil and Anthony Daniels.

Who all plans on buying the photo set? I would like to, 107 8X10's for $200.00 with a collector binder is actually a pretty good deal, but I have a lot of stuff to buy over the next 2-3 months. :(

Based on my budget and looking at the list, I will probably go for autographs from the oldest actors first. Plenty of time to get autographs from the younger actors after the old folks kick the bucket. :crazed:

Jedi Teacher
03-27-2005, 04:19 PM
I'm planning on buying the book. It just makes sense, since I'm also planning on getting a ton of autographs. This is probably the last convention I'll be going to, so it's going to be costly.

Three coupons for Billy Dee??? That's lame. 2 would be fine. Heck, David prowse should be charging 4 then!!

dindae
03-27-2005, 04:33 PM
He has? :confused: Billy Dee Williams?!?! :confused:

He's not pulling down multi-million dollar movie deals but to say that he hasn't achieved a higher film status then Ray Park would be insulting. Outside our small fanboy world people know who Billy Dee is. And that is all autograph pricing is about. Higher recognition = high price.

Rebo's_Guitarist
03-27-2005, 08:20 PM
Is there any sure-fire info about who will be charging what?

sith_killer_99
03-27-2005, 08:31 PM
The official pix site has a list of who is charging what...that is to say, how many tickets you will have to give to each star. Most charge 1 ticket, more of the big name OT stars are charging 2 (Peter Mayhew, Kenny Baker, David Prowse).

Here's the link:

http://www.officialpix.com/c3-guests.asp

;)

Darth Grifter
04-05-2005, 08:20 PM
i can't believe that no one has posted that the flannel clad one will be there...!!!

GL in attendance at cIII at some point throughout the weekend to take questions with temura morrison...all news on starwars.com...

this is cool!

Jayspawn
04-05-2005, 09:45 PM
I just saw that when you posted it Darth Grifter -thats great news! I'm very excited about this, even seeing George Lucas in person would be an honor.

(on the off change he does a few of his famous scribbles, I'll need to pick something up just to be prepared)

Darth Grifter
04-08-2005, 08:01 PM
ah to have one of those coveted jorg sacul figures to get a GL sig on! i'm sure he'll just appear for speaking, but if he did sign...oh that'd be the thing to send that figure over the top!

darthjabba
04-14-2005, 10:04 PM
I was reading whos going to be at the celebration 3 and i read that Hayden- "darthVader" is not going to attend celebration3, hes to busy in europe makeing movies,................:confused:

Jayspawn
04-14-2005, 10:22 PM
Hayden is in Italy filming a movie but will do a live show at the Celebration via satelite. Friday morning I believe.

darthjabba
04-14-2005, 11:26 PM
I was alittle let down when i fould out he wasnt attending, I mean if george lucas can make it,,,,,, I just hope other actors dont show now,,, :confused: