PDA

View Full Version : Rots lightsabers already?

garbognar
02-25-2005, 02:58 AM
I thought the rots lightsabers weren't supposed to be out until April, but I picked up the color changing Vader/Anakin one today. Are they out now,or did K-mart screw up in my favor?
It also has the product catalog for the first push of stuff for Rots. I have seen pretty much everything in it except the droid blaster that shoots silly string. I can't wait to fill out the 56 figure checklist on the back!

hango fett
02-25-2005, 08:57 AM
holy crap! you are a lucky SOB! why can't i have that luck?
anyways, i don't think they should have those yet. if hasbro finds out, K-mart will be no more....J/K
HF

Slicker
02-25-2005, 09:58 AM
Great find. I think someone up in Canada, eh, already found some of the figures along with someone in the states so at least a couple of stores are mistakenly putting out the product.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-25-2005, 11:30 AM
How is the lightsaber? Does the color-change feature work or not?

garbognar
02-26-2005, 03:16 AM
I think it looks pretty cool. The "blade" is clear and there is a ring of alternating color LED's along the bottom on the inside. I think this way works really well, as I was just expecting a regular bulb with some colored film to change color. In light, it's looks o.k., but it looks really good in the dark. My only complaint is that the blue lights are significantly brighter than the red ones. The blue is really vibrant, but the red is a bit washed out and kinda pink. All in all it is pretty sweet. Considering that the K-Mart here STILL hasn't stocked the preview wave, I was amazed they put these out.
Does anyone know the SRP on these? I paid $25 for it. That store usually raises prices on all toys by at least 2-5 bucks.

ndjedi
02-26-2005, 10:51 AM
Does anyone know the SRP on these? I paid $25 for it. That store usually raises prices on all toys by at least 2-5 bucks.

Garbognar, it looks K-mart ripped you off on the Color Change Anakin Lightsaber.
According sirstevesguide.com news section, in a recent article posted this past week on the New York City Toy Fair, Hasbro had all electronic lightsabers retailed for $19.99 here is that posting:
Star Wars : Episode III Revenge of the Sith Electronic Lightsabers

(Approximate Retail Price: $19.99, Ages 4 & up)

Awesome new Episode III electronic lightsabers have signature features for key Jedi including Anakin Skywalker with a color change blade that lets kids choose which side of the Force they want to fight on -- blue for the ‘light’ side or red for the ‘dark’ side; Obi-Wan Kenobi with a "Feel the Force" vibration pack in the handle so you can feel the Force as you fight; and Yoda with a Jedi training mode with real Yoda phrases that teach you to become a Jedi as you use the lightsaber.

If you wanted you could go and talk to the manager and really complain hard to him/her over the right retail price. But look at it on the bright side, at least you got a ROTS lightsaber months early before anyone else did!

Kyle Katarn
02-26-2005, 12:35 PM
I don't like to buy lightsabers, but it's for sure I'll buy the Anakin/Darth Vader one.

Fluke Skywalker
02-26-2005, 10:38 PM
There are reports of ROTS stuff leaking out, and I think I read somewhere a week or so back that someone had found the sabers.

Did they just have the Anakin saber or all of them?

garbognar
02-27-2005, 05:03 AM
They had two each of Anakin, Yoda and Obi-wan. After I got mine I wanted to get the other Anakin, but someone else grabbed it. I keep checking back in case they put some other stuff out, and the other four sabers have still been there.